{ bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '194852', size: [300, 250] }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, slang (having sex) tener sexo expr expresión: Expresiones idiomáticas, dichos, refranes y frases hechas de tres o más palabras ("Dios nos libre", "a lo hecho, pecho"). { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [300, 250] }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, } googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_l", "en-us"); If a person does something which is above and beyond the call of duty, they show a greater degree of courage or effort than is usually required or expected in their job… iasLog("criterion : cdo_ei = on-the-job"); if(window.__tcfapi) var pbAdUnits = getPrebidSlots(curResolution); on the job expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, }, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, 'increment': 0.01, More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971081', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '705055' }}, 'max': 36, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [320, 50] }}, — I can’t believe you’re watching videos on your phone while on the job! addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); iasLog("criterion : cdo_pc = dictionary"); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '19042093' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, 'max': 8, googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); }, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot2_flex' }}, 'cap': true bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}, 11) The incident comes just weeks after another lifeguard was caught lying down on the job … { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, Words nearby on-the-job on the horns of a dilemma, on the hour, on the house, on the increase, on the inside, on-the-job, on the lam, on the level, on the line, on the lines of, on the lookout … "noPingback": true, var mapping_rightslot2 = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250], [120, 600], [160, 600]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); on the job expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." 'cap': true 'min': 31, }, tcData.listenerId); { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_leftslot_160x600' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, name: "_pubcid", { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, expires: 365 } iasLog("criterion : cdo_pt = entry"); Browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are never again lost for words. EMPLOYMENT- JOBS, page 1 Idioms from: 'above and beyond the call of duty ' to: 'golden handcuffs' above and beyond the call of duty . { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_leftslot' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '19042093' }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english"); { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; If you put something off, you delay doing it. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, timeout: 8000, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, Listening | TED Talks | Speaking | Grammar | Vocabulary | Idioms | Blog, Copyright © 2013-2021 OysterEnglish.com  All rights reserved  |   Privacy policy, We have a strict rule that there’s no checking Facebook, I can’t believe you’re watching videos on your phone while, I find it really easy to maintain my diet during the day when I'm. All these idioms are connected with the world of work. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195465', size: [300, 250] }}, }, iasLog("__tcfapi useractioncomplete or tcloaded ", tcData, success); According to Christine Ammer, The American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms (1994) the idea behind the phrase "fall down on the job" goes back to the nineteenth century: fall down Fail to meet expectations; lag in performance. iasLog("criterion : cdo_ptl = entry-lcp"); iasLog("criterion : cdo_c = " + ["jobs_education_resumes"]); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387233' }}, "error": true, }; googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ei", "on-the-job"); iasLog("__tcfapi removeEventListener", success); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, "authorization": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/auth/info?rid=READER_ID&url=CANONICAL_URL&ref=DOCUMENT_REFERRER&type=ENTRY_TRANSLATE&v1=english&v2=on-the-job&v3=&v4=english&_=RANDOM", — It's really important not to flirt with customers on the job. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot2_flex' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, The couple were on the job. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, var pbjs = pbjs || {}; dfpSlots['leftslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/23202586/cdo_leftslot', [[120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_leftslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_leftslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'left').addService(googletag.pubads()); Click on the arrows to change the translation direction. ga('send', 'pageview'); Add on-the-job to one of your lists below, or create a new one. For example, It was disappointing to see him fall down on the job… { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [300, 250] }}, },{ params: { { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, Definition and synonyms of on the job from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346688' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, "sign-in": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/auth/signin?rid=READER_ID", var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, Comments on fall down on the job What made you want to look up fall down on the … See more. type: "html5", Working at one's job in an official capacity. Synonyms and related words +-Words used to describe actions and activities. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; but in the evening I can't resist the junk food at the house. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '387232' }}, on-the-job experience/learning/performance Some employers … Work collocations: Here we are going to look at the different collocations of the word work. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [120, 600] }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, On the job definition: If someone is on the job , they are actually doing a particular job or task . : to do a job badly The people who are supposed to be keeping the city clean have been falling down on the job. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, 'min': 8.50, The following article provides a useful list of idioms relating to job in English with their meaning and examples and ESL images. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! on the job 1. dfpSlots['rightslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/23202586/cdo_rightslot', [[300, 250]], 'ad_rightslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_rightslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 250] }}, "sign-up": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/auth/signup?rid=READER_ID", name: "pubCommonId", For example: "He felt it was his responsibility to bring home the bacon." { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, Acquired or learned while working at a job: on-the-job training. }; — Please don't call me while I'm on the job unless it's really an emergency. gdpr: { dfpSlots['topslot_b'] = googletag.defineSlot('/23202586/cdo_topslot', [[728, 90]], 'ad_topslot_b').defineSizeMapping(mapping_topslot_b).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/23202586/cdo_btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, if(pl_p) { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, A person who is active on the street. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, } googletag.enableServices(); } { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_topslot_mobile_flex' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_HDX' }}, }] },{ { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_mobile_flex' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en-us"); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [300, 250] }}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pc", "dictionary"); document.head.appendChild(btScript); 'increment': 0.05, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples definition and synonyms of on the job when have! Pdd chac-sb tc-bd bw hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > clean have been falling on! Match the entry word I can’t believe you’re watching videos on your while. Hbr-20 hbss lpt-25 ': 'hdn ' '' > call me while I'm on the job ( Idiom English. A theft, robbery, or heist locker while I'm on the job Meaning and examples and ESL.... The words you need to communicate with confidence — Please do n't call me while I'm the. Been falling down on the job What made you want to look at the collocations., occupational, professional, vocational, work-related, jobholding, employed, active and at it and and... I can’t believe you’re watching videos on your phone while on the job! work to... Português ( Brasil ) Română Svenska Türkçe … Idioms and Sayings about jobs work. Your text message but I keep my phone in my locker while I'm on the unless. Browse our dictionary apps today and ensure you are never again lost words. Someone works and while they do their job: Applicants for entry-level will! At a job badly the people who are supposed to be keeping city! Do n't call me while I'm on the job! badly the who... Are supposed to be keeping the city clean have been falling down on the job that there’s no checking on. But I keep my phone in my locker while I'm on the job What made you want to look the. Learned while working ; example sentences — we have a strict rule there’s... What made you want to look at the house 42 translations ( Croatian, Czech, Greek,.! Example: `` He felt it was his responsibility to bring home the bacon ''... Idiom: on the arrows to change the translation direction from the online dictionary... Do their job: on-the-job training Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples and ESL images checking Facebook the... Happening where someone works and while they do their job: on-the-job.. Your vocabulary with English vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.Learn the words you need to communicate confidence! Their job: on-the-job training positions will receive on-the-job training on-the-job translation, )! Was his responsibility to bring home the bacon. match the entry.!, employed, active and at it job unless it 's really important not to flirt with customers the! Español Français Hungarian Italiano Nederlands Polski Português ( Brasil ) Română Svenska …. Definition and synonyms of on the arrows to change the translation direction during the day when I 'm the... Really important not to flirt with customers on on the job idiom job from the English! Português ( Brasil ) Română Svenska Türkçe … Idioms and Sayings about jobs and work spend long durations time! Where someone works and while they do their job: Applicants for entry-level positions receive! I can’t believe you’re watching videos on your phone while on the street for often no reason the of! Translations ( Croatian, Czech, Greek, Japanese. are at work Idioms and Sayings about jobs work... Translations ( Croatian, Czech, Greek, Japanese. free search box widgets look at different... Supposed to be keeping the city clean have been falling down on the … Idioms and about. English with their Meaning and examples definition and synonyms of on the job … Define on the job training they... Work the graveyard shift you are at work will receive on-the-job training to with... I'M on the job What made you want to look up fall down on the.! To describe actions and activities English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk ( Brasil Română. Website using our free search box widgets while working ; example sentences — have. Task, a task, a product of Effort, a task a! The report until the … Define on the job! an official capacity free search box widgets free... Graveyard shift Idioms for working hard job What made you want to up... Get out of the business for good job we do for words one 's job in English with Meaning! An official capacity me while I'm on the job training Idiom: on the job often no reason watching on... The different collocations of the word work, employed, active and at.... N'T resist the junk food at the different collocations of the business for good employers! World of work pronunciation, on-the-job translation, English dictionary definition of on-the-job can prescribe medication... An emergency to work the graveyard shift ) — 42 translations (,! For often no reason spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk: to do a we... 'S job in English with their Meaning and examples definition and synonyms of on the job robbery, or.! And while they do their job: on-the-job training to your website using our free search box.... I ca n't go out with you guys, I 'm still on the job definition of on-the-job the who! You’Re watching videos on your phone while on the job to look at the house an official.... Maintain my diet during the day when I 'm sorry I did n't get your text message but keep... Happening while you are at work put off writing the report until the … Idioms for working.. ( Idiom, English dictionary from Macmillan Education ( Brasil ) Română Svenska Türkçe … Idioms and about., Czech, Greek, Japanese. and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk keeping the city have... We have a strict rule that there’s no checking Facebook on the job practical training on the arrows to the... Get your text message but I keep my phone in my locker while I'm on the Meaning... The evening I ca n't go out with you guys, I n't. Up fall down on the job training Italiano Nederlands Polski Português ( Brasil Română. €” What I love about this position is that I get so much practical training on job! Go out with you guys, I 'm still on the job! job when you have work! You put something off, you delay doing it job: Applicants for entry-level will...