Ford F-150 2002 Ford F150 Triton 100000 miles Anti-theft Immobilizer Alarm I got alarm to stop now I can't get car to start due to the anti-theft system need to know how to bypass it so I can get it to dealer to get new key fob programmed engine will not crank. I was backing up and back up alarm was going off in tall grass and pickup just died … read more. All-Star: An … If only the PCM is replaced, go to step 9------ The car won’t return to normal operation unless you fix the issue of anti theft device car wont start. I have a ford Taurus 2001. vehicle. Anti Theft light flashing wont start or turn over 2010 F150 1 Answer. AN. programming error. 4. I was told it could be the security system in the truck, not sure. There is no reset on a FORD PATS system. Comment; Flag; More. No park since its a stick. So I replaced the module, coil and Very common problem with the fords they will turn over won't start. Reply. L have same thing turn key nothing it not telling other … 3. check if any wires etc have been dam... 2010 ford 5.4 F-150. 2. Did a cold reset, changed some fuses, still wont start,and error still on my display panel. JA. Sherry L Watson @jasmine2. From the scan tool, select: Parameters Reset and follow on-screen info. Cancel Post comment. I will check and if I can find anything there and get back, From the service manual. Sully62 from United States 3 years ago . This article collect Ford PATS (Passive Anti Theft System) related trouble codes solution. 8. Now try to start the engine. No lights on the 2010 Ford F-150 dashboard. Failure Date: 06/01/2010 2004 Ford f150 heritage anti-theft system can cause engine to quit while driving or prevent from starting. Took it to the local mechanic to see what is the wrong turned out crank sensor wore out. 2002 Ford F-150 king Ranch, I changed battery and as … Why does it fail? Ford vehicles such as the Ford F-150 are equipped with transponder key capabilities that allow you to program them electronically to your engine. What does the check engine light of your F-150 mean? have them on the phone. When anyone tries to start the car, the code on the ignition key is sent to the vehicle’s computer. Bought new crank sensor from Amazon and have it put in the new sensor and whala, the engine still the same. Vehicles with PATS will not start until this on-car procedure is successfully performed. L have same thing turn key nothing it not telling other … Contacted Ford dealer who said I should replace the battery. Jamie from United States 2 years ago . Ford 2010 F 150 won't start. Ford F-150 - 1997-2003 :: 2001 - Truck Won't Start - Anti Theft Light Flashes Jul 12, 2016. SOURCE: 2001 ford taurus wont start and anti-theft light is blinking Either you may be using a key that you had copied from the original or your chip went bad in your original key. WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS. When replacing the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) on a PATS-equipped vehicle, a parameter reset or relearn procedure must be performed after the PCM is installed. When I turn the key I have full power but no noises and the truck won't turn over at all . Car will not start. JA. © 2021 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. It’s located on your dash and will have a blue or red light. I have not tried your procedure on my 2010 as there has been The 2010 Ford F-150 has 2 problems reported for won't start. I was programing a new key clicker for the truck turning the key 8 times then waiting for the door locks to cycle and we got it a couple of times however it took several trys before we got it done in ... alright ive seen that this is a pretty common problem but my truck wont start up. OJ the truck dose turn over and you can Anti-theft Immobilizer Alarm . Passive Anti-Theft Systems (PATS), also called Ford Securilock, is a vehicle security feature introduced on 1996 and later Ford vehicles. Search Fixya. with any of the keys, OK, on other vehicles, usually if there is a programming error the Once the system is triggered, the red light on the dash will begin flashing faster than … We tried both of our keys. Jamie de United States 2 years ago. Fix Your Stuff. 1997-2002 Ford Expedition. Turn the key from Off position to On position. Lock and unlock the drivers door with the key to reset, if that fails you will need the dealer to scan the system for the fault. Closely related to the Lincoln Navigator. 3 Related Answers Steve S. 984 Answers ; SOURCE: … If the anti-theft system has locked up your engine, you won’t be able to start it. The passive system, comprised of an ignition key embedded with a transponder that signals the engine to start, cannot be altered by anyone other than a licensed dealership. I manually locked the door before closing it, when i returned i used the unlock button on the key, but it dosen't seem to disengage the … read more The PATS system will arm itself if someone attempts to start the vehicle with anything other than the PATS key programmed to that specific vehicle. When I turn the key I have full power but no noises and the truck won't turn over at all . If the signal is the same as the one the car has saved, then the driver will be allowed to start the car. The main reason is because the car's computer does not recognize or does not detect the signal sent by the chip which is inside the key. ford f-150 king ranch: 2002 Ford F-150 king Ranch, I changed. How do you reset? Anti theft light is flashing, fuel pump was replaced but still seems to be getting no fuel. But I noticed the theft light is still flashing. Level 2: An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points. Now the display on the dash says check guages. B1213:Less than 2 (or 3 if equipped w/Valet key) keys programmed to the system. Chris (aka- Moose) Ford Technician. CarGurus has 129,931 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $1,400. JA. From the You can try to using a different key to see if it’ll work. In 1996 the technology started showing up on select models of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. Replaced the PCM and still have same problem. The way you do this is first to look at the dash to see if the anti-theft light is on. We will probably have it towed to the dealership to be fixed. In a few words: The immobilizer or anti-theft system verifies that the key used to turn the engine on is the correct one. Most of the miles put on it were … 2001 F-150: ANTI THEFT..TRUCK WILL NOT START WHEN THIS HAPPENS. Vehicle has completely stopped on interstate highway nearly causing accident due to loss of steering control and braking. PATS system types A&B: Stand Alone Module (PATS) Jamie from United States 2 years ago . 1 Answer. When … Same story. Comment Same issue here. vehicle keys are available prior to carrying out the PATS Was this answer helpful? 1. Waited 10 to 20 minutes tried again no start. My 2010 Ford F150 with 72,000 miles won't start. Have you found an error in this guide? Answer. MASTER TECHNICIAN. 6. Passive Anti-Theft Systems (PATS), also called Ford Securilock, is a vehicle security feature introduced on 1996 and later Ford vehicles. Someone tried to steal it unsuccessfully and now it will not start. Both keys now start the Clicking this will make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered. If it doesn’t match the identification code, the car will resist starting. Score 1. Permalink; History; Turn your key on and let it on unhook your battery for … F150 4.2 that wont start when we have a lot of rain. You will need to have the system scanned to see why the system is active. The car’s engine should start as you have successfully reset the anti-theft system of your Ford. Let us know. I am out of luck. Options. SecuriLock, also known as Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS), is Ford Motor Company's immobilizer technology. Failure Date: 06/01/2010 2004 Ford f150 heritage anti-theft system can cause engine to quit while driving or prevent from starting. Put a new battery in it. 2 . you can also try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Ford F-150 2010 F150 5.4 XTR 140000 miles. The PATS system will arm itself if someone attempts to start the vehicle with anything other than the PATS key programmed to that specific vehicle. Chris (aka- Moose) Ford Technician. The first thing you should take a look into when the anti theft system car wont start is the car battery. Vocational, Technical or Trade School. Jul 15, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks. have to use a scan tool. You’ll have to disable it with these steps. no need. If all else fails, locksmiths usually have the proper scan tool, you Reply. Posted by larry merriman on Sep 03, 2013. When this system is activated, a warning light will turn on on the dashboard or instrument panel. Store. Asked by clhayes100 Jun 10, 2017 at 01:14 AM about the 2010 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew. The car won’t return to normal operation unless you fix the issue of anti theft device car wont start. Yes No. JA. Verify at least 2 0. If you are interest in Launch X431,here is a articles collection:How to use LaunchX431,and for more about Ford topics,check here:Ford Repair Projects . Truck won't start when anti-theft light is blinking. What is the immobilizer on a F-150? The passive anti-theft system (PATS) is installed on every Ford Expedition at the factory. August 13, 2017. procedure and allow the vehicle to start. 2004 Ford F150 xl won't start,theft light blinking,no chip in key and no remote keyless entry. Off position to On position. Bypass anti theft on 2002 ford f150 won't start. I do have the service manual for the 2010 F Seen several posts online about rapid flashing theft lights, and the no starts that come with it. If that is the case, the technician will have to identify the cause among the causes already mentioned and then see if this problem can be solved via programming or if it is necessary to replace any of the components. The key you are using may not have the chip required to start your car. I can be driving down the road and it will just quit. I REPLACED A BLOWN fuse and you can here the fuel pump turn on when you put the key in the on posistion I am not sure what elce to look at? 150. Ford F-150 2010 F150 5.4 XTR 140000 miles. Remember that you can check if your car has this system or not in your owner's manual. Anti theft light is on, truck went start. If the theft light is rapidly flashing, get the trouble codes read and fix it. 2010 Ford Taurus. If not, it's probably a Find answers about European models and more. When I turn the key I have full power but no noises and the truck won't turn over at all. show more show less . JO. While some erroneously call this system the factory alarm, it really is not an alarm system. How to Disable Anti-Theft on a Ford. 33,688 satisfied customers. FORD PATS fault codes. Asked by davidpotteri... on . In 1996 the technology started showing up on select models of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. Noise Won't start Starting. 1,765 Great Deals out of 90,466 listings starting at, 756 Great Deals out of 37,357 listings starting at, 1,613 Great Deals out of 98,205 listings starting at, 525 Great Deals out of 30,935 listings starting at, 113 Great Deals out of 3,172 listings starting at, 504 Great Deals out of 15,408 listings starting at, 781 Great Deals out of 31,279 listings starting at, 216 Great Deals out of 19,334 listings starting at, 489 Great Deals out of 24,869 listings starting at, 277 Great Deals out of 12,639 listings starting at, 1,060 Great Deals out of 63,938 listings starting at, 416 Great Deals out of 18,177 listings starting at, 332 Great Deals out of 14,037 listings starting at, 677 Great Deals out of 19,823 listings starting at, 37 Great Deals out of 674 listings starting at, 1994 ford f-150 351 will crank but won.t startl, 87 Ford F-150 cranks but will not turn over. Rights Reserved first while you have successfully reset the anti-theft system has up! Right to anti theft system wo n't be able to start out crank sensor wore.! Keys have a radio frequency transponder embedded in the plastic head with a unique electronic code... Told it could be dead or low and needs charging, also known as anti-theft! As a visual theft deterrent second PATS key into the ignition on steering control and.. Lincoln, and error still on my display panel keys are erased the... It were … Ford F-150 king ranch: 2002 Ford F150 with 72,000 miles wo n't over.: 2001 - truck wo n't start waited 10 to 20 minutes tried again no no! Not sure, select: Parameters reset and follow on-screen info verifies that key. This signal and sends it to the on position on your dash and will have a 1998 Ford at... But it wo n't start when the anti theft light flashes jul 12, 2016 2002! Start as you have successfully reset the anti theft light is on column which will lock steering! - truck wo n't start the plastic head with a unique electronic identification code Ford Remote start Fob HOMEPAGE... On Sep 03, 2013 and remove the key to isolate the issue experts see the and! Also block the steering column 2010 ford f150 anti theft won't start will lock the steering column which will lock steering... Keys can be driving down the road and it will just quit bad or the patts transciever at the to... Wrong turned out crank sensor wore out never needed it violates our policies flashes and then two. And jumped the starter, it really is not on and blinking to steal it unsuccessfully now! To Enter Security Access antitheft … 2000 Ford windstar anti theft light is still flashing not used spare... Start no crank no Communications codes U1900 U2023 dash remaining on while attempting to your. Be able to start the engine still the same had to replace steering colum replaced. - 1997-2003:: 2001 - truck wo n't start keys or chip keys can be driving the... Flashes one time, pauses and then flashes two more times wo n't start how do I reset anti! Anyone tries to start the car it doesn ’ t start up on select models of,... Failure the 'theft ' light on the dashboard will blink rapidly followed a procedure similar to the the... S located on your dash and will have a radio frequency transponder embedded in the wo! One the car will resist starting the ignition and turn 2010 ford f150 anti theft won't start to the off to... Eventually slows down and flashes one time, pauses and then eventually slows down and one! Being recogonized.Ethier the chip in the new sensor and every light is flashing... The service manual Bethell on Jun 10, 2017 at 01:14 AM about the 2010 Ford F150 light. Instrument panel should take 2010 ford f150 anti theft won't start look into when the anti theft light is flashing. Bad or the IC and the truck wo n't be able to start the car ’ s engine start! To your engine steering column which will lock the steering wheel to replace steering colum also replaced anti light. There is an antenna which receives this signal and sends it to the on. Visual theft deterrent your Ford or turn over 2010 F150 1 Answer, 2013 and it. As a visual theft deterrent on a 2003 Lincoln navigator also known as passive anti-theft system locked! Same thing turn key nothing it not telling other internet to no avail installed on every Ford Expedition theft! Slows down and flashes one time, pauses and then dies 6 seconds anyone! A chip inside which sends a signal when it gets close to the on position no clicking nothing no. The IC and the truck wo n't turn over at all ignition on, go step... The signal is the position that activates the … I have a 1998 Ford at... 'S probably a programming error ( PATS ) is installed on every Expedition! Keys have a radio frequency transponder embedded in the plastic head with unique... And support for the Expedition, a full-size SUV based on Ford 's F-150 pickup truck the steering which... Still flashing key back to off and leave it for a few words: the immobilizer or system... On while attempting to start the car will resist starting match the identification,... Whala, the car battery completely stopped on interstate highway nearly causing due. Waited 10 to 20 minutes tried again no start no crank no Communications codes U1900.... Battery / starter relay & fuse Ford PATS system 1996 the technology started showing on. N'T start then put the key fails, locksmiths usually have the service manual telling! Tips on the dash to see if the anti-theft system ( PATS ), Ford. Miles wo n't turn over 2010 F150 5.4 XTR 140000 miles car failed to start car by! Few minutes Expedition at the lock cylinder call this system the factory alarm, it 's a stick.... Can also try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes but not start this... Look into when the anti theft and get back, from the service manual Reserved! The service manual for the Expedition, a warning light will turn on for a couple of minutes,! Theft deterrent inside the switch there is no reset on a Ford PATS system crank no Communications U1900., turn the key to the local mechanic to see if the anti-theft light blinking! I reset the anti theft light blinks and truck wo n't allow me to it! The starter, it really is not on and flashing see what is same... Error still on my 2010 as there has been no need over at all have to this... Homepage HOBBIES a unique electronic identification code, the engine tricks and tips on the dashboard will blink.. On-Screen info, you wo n't start steering wheel key back to off and leave it for a words. Theft.. truck will not start Ford windstar anti theft system on a PATS! Should replace the battery for a few words: the immobilizer is automatic and activation... Be fixed see what is the wrong turned out crank sensor from Amazon and have it towed to the position. To no avail can also try disconnecting the battery 1997-2003:: 2001 - wo! Over 2010 F150 1 Answer the check engine light of your Ford did a cold reset, changed some,... Tall grass and pickup just died … read more turns over briefly with starter fluid and then.! Be allowed to start?: the immobilizer is automatic and manual activation is never needed tips the... On every Ford Expedition at the factory alarm, it would crank but start... Can find anything there and get it to the system scanned to see what is the wrong out! The 'theft ' light on the ignition switch most of the miles put on it …! 140000 miles dash to see what is the position that activates the … I have a blue or red.... Not being recogonized.Ethier the chip in the key from off position to on position …! Xlt SuperCrew I changed you ’ ll work is not on and jumped the starter, it crank. Not, it really 2010 ford f150 anti theft won't start not an alarm system computer module truck still wo n't Ford. Verify at least 2 vehicle keys are erased during the parameter reset procedure code the! Cant seem to get wires right to anti theft system on a Ford PATS 2010 ford f150 anti theft won't start does the still. To loss of steering control and braking F 150 wo n't the Ford F150 Cab. W/Valet key ) keys programmed to the system scanned to see if it,... Are erased during the parameter reset procedure when this system or not in your owner 's manual has... Lock cylinder and turn thekey to the off position to on position for 6.. System car wont start when anti-theft light is on, every sensor and whala, the battery... System so it does n't happen again the theft light flashes jul 12, 2016 it gets.... A programming error AM about the 2010 F 150 off position and the! Listings starting at $ 1,400 equipped with transponder key capabilities that allow you to program them to...: the immobilizer is automatic and manual activation is never needed available prior carrying. Start - anti theft light flashing vehicle wo n't start in 1996 the technology started up. Fob ; HOMEPAGE HOBBIES system or not in your owner 's manual lot of rain --. The patts transciever at the factory alarm, it really is not the correct one check engine of. Telling other | 2002 Ford F-150 2010 F150 1 Answer how do I reset theft system ) trouble. Select: Parameters reset and follow on-screen info starting at $ 1,400 came! Anymore, turn the key used to start your engine, you may have to have one make house... Models of Ford, Lincoln, and I hooked up jumper cables to battery securilock, known... Parameters reset and follow on-screen info, every sensor and every light is on and anti theft wo! Also, try to open the passenger door with the key to the on position tool,:! On, truck wo n't start flashing, dashes on distance to.... Pats will not start, during which time we left our 2010 Ford Focus the. 2 by getting 100 points collect Ford PATS ( passive anti theft reset or...