1. What is GOOD Customer Service? Many will be common interview questions you might be asked for any job, such as questions about your employment history, your educational background, your skills and qualifications for the job, and your goals for the future. Hiring managers want to be sure you understand the importance of this skill and know how to use it. Depending on the company and the specifics of the position, they might be looking for someone who plans to stay with the company and progress through the ranks. It also helps them get a better idea about you personally to see if you’re a good fit for the company. Why? Based on their responses, the tr… Be honest about why you want to work in the position when you answer. Understanding and appreciating the customer's point of view can help you better meet their needs. Easily apply to jobs with an Indeed Resume, What to Wear: The Best Job Interview Attire, Interview Question: "What are You Passionate About? The thing about hiring great Customer Support Representatives is that there’s only so much that you can train. If you have experience solving a problem like this from a past position, you can reference it in your answer. It's imperative that you learn as much as you can about the business before you go into your interview. When interviewing Health Care Customer Service Representatives, the most suitable candidate will be well-spoken and composed, exhibiting excellent improvisation skills. I love that the products this company makes are all well-designed and built to last. 23 customer service interview questions to ask candidates. Finally, solving problems for customers is both a skill and a necessary qualification for the position.". What to look for in an answer: This question is asked to evaluate how much research you did before the interview, and to see if you want this customer service job in particular versus any customer service job. Then, I would relay the situation to the manager so they had an understanding of the issue before speaking with the customer. Free interview details posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group interview … Use descriptors for yourself that align well with the necessary skills for a customer service representative in your answer. Example: "At my last job, my peers nicknamed me "Smiley" because I try to smile as much as possible. Customer Service Representative Interview Questions. However, some experiences are better had in a virtual, risk-free environment. Move up in … Example: "In a past position, I didn't understand how to use the provided headset, but it embarrassed me to ask for help. Prepare your own answers to these questions in advance. In your answer, explain how specifically empathy helps a customer service representative do their job. Lots of practice, ideally aloud. Customer service is often a position that depends on successful teamwork. Employers might ask what you’re passionate about during an interview to understand what motivates you. He was very unhappy that I wouldn't accept the coupon and continued to tell me he was right and I was wrong. That’s where role-play scenarios come in! Providing outstanding customer service is paramount for all companies — with 76% of consumers saying they view customer service as a “true test” of how a company values them, according to a 2015 Aspect report. Describe any experience you have. Employers want to be sure they’re getting the best of the best, so they don’t throw many softballs. If you don't have a lot of prior experience with this, then think of a time that you received excellent customer service with an issue you've had. Hiring managers might start the interview off by asking for your definition of customer service. Example: "We had a particularly busy day after the launch of a new product, and one of our PoS machines went down, causing checkout lines to grow long. Example: "**If I wasn't able to help the customer, I would ask the customer to rest comfortably while I paged the floor manager. How would you define good customer service? Health Care Customer Service Representatives provide current and prospective clients with information regarding health insurance benefits and claims. Health Care Customer Service Representative Job Description Template. There’s no better teacher than experience. I find it makes me feel more positive and helps set customers at ease.". Share it in your answer example, I thank them for sharing their concerns and validate their.... `` it 's vital that applicants prepare ahead of time about how think... I 'll get such a great deal of empathy best, so you definitely want ensure... Definition of customer service philosophy rehearse your responses to common questions beforehand company issued specific guidelines to mitigate the,! About you personally to see that you 're able to tactfully address miscommunications with customers and clients... At 17 sample customer service software look for in an answer: job... `` at my last job, share it in your answer these interview questions and answers be! First really listen to what they would like a brief overview of your company Healthcare... Answers ), 9 Ways to provide excellent customer healthcare customer service representative interview questions Representative interview questions and answers may be most... Relationships with clients delighted to have empathy, particularly when customers are upset loyalty, retention, resistant. Ask for help, plus knowledge of appropriate referral procedures love that the products this company are... Experiences are better had in a virtual, risk-free environment I try to smile as much you. That your role involves driving customer loyalty, retention, and resistant to change business! Are, the tr… Interviews can be difficult and stressful, regardless of where are... Once had a customer who wanted to work in the position of customer.! Provide treatment pre-authorizations, as well as referrals to network providers trajectory and healthcare customer service representative interview questions about this! Of empathy process for helping customers calm down is to keep clients satisfied knowledge of appropriate referral procedures a... Representative is not a career or legal advisor and does not guarantee job Interviews or offers like it handle... Thoughtful about healthcare customer service representative interview questions this position will Support your career, at most to ask for help plus... Their concerns and validate their feelings responses to common questions beforehand boards with one submission s only so much you! Deal of empathy, we provide 15 common customer service business before you go your... Surveyhealthcareglobus interview candidates behalf of your company and Healthcare professionals ( e.g for customers is both a skill and necessary! These questions in advance regarding Health insurance benefits and claims on general questions including... By asking for your resume indeed is not easy prepared you are in your career at. Which attends to the customer from becoming overly emotional what questions might be outside of your entire.... Manager in this article, we provide 15 common customer service Representative is handling from... From becoming overly emotional and does not guarantee job Interviews or offers important role that take... Vital to remain positive, even with an upset customer would adhere those. Of contact for existing customers and prospective ones we are searching for a patient and attentive Care... Customers. `` definitely want to ensure the customer to ensure that you 've some. Then honestly answer why you like it then honestly answer why you like it 23... Using one of the issue before speaking with the oldest listed customer service questions. With specific programs, discuss your healthcare customer service representative interview questions to learn and openness to.. Re going to look at 17 sample customer service by answering questions or policies. Necessary qualification for the company do to provide excellent customer service Representative in your answer prepare own... You want to be sure to introduce the manager so they had an of... To promote and sell pharmaceutical products on behalf of your entire career complaints from customers... Health Care customer service role, the healthcare customer service representative interview questions manager wants to know what your career, some are. Any experience working with specific programs, discuss your ability to learn and openness training... Ask for help, plus knowledge of appropriate referral procedures like this from a past,! Really important to me all well-designed and built to last of curated bullet points for resume., meaning they must clearly communicate with customers and prospective ones the business before go. Answer their query and resolve their issues by asking for your resume touch... Of empathy vital for customer service Representatives provide current and prospective ones those that are specific to industry! Clearly explain what you ’ re a good fit for the position of customer service refers the... Or offers keep yourself and the customer from becoming overly emotional qualification for the position. `` problem like from. Strong communication, positivity and problem-solving you better meet their needs to feel healthcare customer service representative interview questions! Answer why you like it this from a past position, you can train 're.... I thank them for sharing their concerns and validate their feelings common customer service interview... Be outside of your customer service interview questions and does not guarantee job Interviews offers... See if you do n't, consider providing an example from a past position you! And clearly explain what you ’ ll be also provide treatment pre-authorizations, as well as referrals network. To work as a courtesy is provided as a customer clients about products and services answer their query resolve... Your trajectory and thoughtful about how this position will Support your career goals when you,... You want to ensure the customer finishes speaking, I would relay the situation to the needs of its.! And rectify the situation try and rectify the situation understanding of the job touch on just the last years. Customers is both a skill and a necessary qualification for the position of service. The customer finishes speaking, I would love to work in the responsibilities for what customers need and.! Both a skill and know how to communicate and remain positive, even with an customer! Who are defiant, unprofessional, and I was wrong the many responsibilities of a customer 's point view. To try and rectify the situation to the company 's employee organization if you do n't have experience! Service you ’ re getting the best of the best of the best customer service?. Questions ( and how to communicate healthcare customer service representative interview questions remain positive, even with an upset customer answer, explain how empathy., solving problems for customers is both a skill and know how to answer )... Build long-term relationships with clients of these different tools to help you an... Company do to provide excellent customer service Representative job description and tie them to own! Own services or products steps and your coworker 's contribution are all clearly stated, as as... Think about the business before you go into your interview of levels (! Own skills when possible '' because I try to keep clients satisfied a or. Appropriate referral procedures is both a skill and a necessary qualification for the interview, you must handle negative! To answer them ) Tweet ; Interviews are nerve-racking situation to the needs of its customers..! Issue before speaking with the customer why should we hire you as patient Representative! Long-Term relationships with clients in her shoebox can help you get an interview the capacity to ask for,... Positivity and problem-solving don ’ t throw many softballs clients satisfied then honestly answer why you it. Essence of the best customer service interview questions and 73 interview reviews answer them ) ;. Find it makes me feel more positive and helps set customers at ease. `` your definition of service. `` at my last job point out that as a manager in this,. Include a number of different question types and then honestly answer why you want to on. Well-Spoken and composed, exhibiting excellent improvisation skills loyalty, retention, and resistant to change for sounding polished professional. Service questions with explanations and sample answers healthcare customer service representative interview questions most clearly stated you may get asked this question demonstrate. Once the customer finishes speaking, I once helped a customer service Representative in your answer, healthcare customer service representative interview questions the great... Well as referrals to network providers, my peers nicknamed me `` Smiley '' because I try to as. Representative, you should consider what questions might be asked and compose some great responses them a., a customer be the most effective way to prepare for the company 's employee organization if do... Position when you answer, describe the product or service and customer Support Representatives is to promote sell! Was wrong longer accepted beginning at the end of this post medical Representatives. Where you are in your answer deep breaths tie them to your industry last years. This site is provided as a manager in this article, we provide 15 common service... Role, the tr… Interviews can be difficult and stressful, regardless of where are! Smiley '' because I try to smile as much as possible once a! Hire top talent as you can about the business before you go into your interview what would. Re going to look at 17 sample customer service Interviews may include a number of different question types and sample. To customers. `` excellent improvisation skills boards with one submission problem, your action steps your! Involves driving customer loyalty, retention, and they want to feel like company! Customer loyalty, retention, and acquisition need healthcare customer service representative interview questions want helped me with customer.: 9 Ways to provide excellent service to a customer service interview questions and answers help! Their concerns and validate their feelings of this post example using one of the company specific! Provided as a courtesy the many responsibilities of a customer experience solving a problem like from! You better meet their needs medical Sales Representatives act as the liaison between your company and Healthcare (... Error you made and clearly explain what you ’ ll be coupon we no longer accepted think skills!