Select Send. It was perfectly new & packaged well, but it still got crushed somehow during shipping. I'm a bit worried that i might receive the item damaged or not receive it at all (its happened before) with this basic shipping. If the buyer got their item but it’s faulty, damaged, or doesn't match the listing description, you need to work with them to resolve their issue (you also have to cover the return shipping costs). I never argued with a buyer in these cases but paypal wouldn't even hear of it if I had tried to. You pay for return shipping if you’re returning the item because you changed your mind, and the seller’s return policy states that buyers are responsible for return shipping. I started a case and the Seller's response was basically I don't do refunds, file an insurance claim with the PO. Damage could happen during domestic shipping, within the shipping center, or during international shipping. but if she has no insurance ,then she eats the loss. Though this doesn't matter as carrier insurance would be denied due to the poor packaging this item had. Now, as far as how this Seller treated you, I do not care for how they handled this. eBay does allow partial refunds, however, it is at their discretion to approve of one should the seller disagree and ssk you to return everything for a refund. posted by Gamblor at 1:23 PM on February 12, 2007. 01:00 PM. Nothing serious, just a bend to the top corner of the sleeve. More often, damage is not seen and reported until the buyer receives the package. I've already ordered the replacement part and it was about $26 w/tax. in most cases, the seller refunds the buyer and then handles the insurance claim, as the insurance covers the seller. RM state the item & packaging must be retained for inspection. Partial Refund Policy "A provision has been added to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy that goes into effect on June 19, 2012 stipulating that in some cases we may refund part of the cost of an item to the buyer, and receive reimbursement from the seller, to cover differences between the item described and the item actually received, such as items received with small parts missing or minor repairs needed. It was in a cardboard box, which didn't show damage, but was flimsy cardboard, with the address label on the side, not the 'up' part the way it was packed...There WAS some air filled packaging inside, but everything just seemed to be thrown in the box, with the heaviest part of the item in the middle on top of other things. Not all items on eBay.com.au are eligible for the eBay return label service. The item had been left behind my dustbin and was there waiting for me when i got home form work. Responding to a case when the item doesn't match the listing description, http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html#offer. Has the policy changed? I looked and couldn't find one. I think that the Seller should have done one of the following: 1) Sent you a new item OR the piece that was broken at the very least, whether they asked for you to return the damaged one, or not... 2) Should have given you the partial refund you had asked for & then delt with eBay's Insurance as they needed to (I am not positive how that works, but IF you use eBay's labeling, you get Insurance). When I packed the item it was in perfect condition and I … Ordered a guitar on ebay, arrived broken (literally) :( Messaged seller, who now wants me to ship it back, but has not offered to pay return shipping. It was a coffee machine and the reservoir tank (plastic) now has 2 very large cracks in it from something apparently knocking into it during shipping. As there is no way of knowing whether it really was damaged in the post all you can rely on is photo evidence. But why should I? For eBay purchases, eBay's Buyer Protection protects the buyer... eBay will expect you to refund the buyer's payment if the item is not as described. if items damaged in delivery/post are not covered then sellers could post fine bone china in a sachel without any protection. Either way, the seller pays for the damaged item. Unfortunately, I recently sold a record to someone in USA and it has arrived to him damaged. Here's how the seller may respond: Accept your return request and offer a full refund – You'll return the item and the seller issues you a full refund – depending on their returns policy, this may or may not include the original postage cost. I posted an item with comprehensive bubble wrapping, additional packing, sturdy cardboard box but he buyers reports that the item arrived damaged beyond repair and has provided photos. It was a glass bottle containing a syrup for coffee. Refund the buyer in full and then deal with your ins. I'm a bit worried that i might receive the item damaged or not receive it at all (its happened before) with this basic shipping. 2. As there is no way of knowing whether it really was damaged in the post all you can rely on is photo evidence. Copyright © 1995-2021 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. The buyer can accept your offer for a partial refund, request a different amount, or suggest a different solution. either party can file the insurance claim on line...if this is thru USPS..... however, it sounds unlikely that a they will pay the claim because the shipper is required to package securely. If eBay or Pitney Bowes determines that an item is undeliverable, eBay and Pitney Bowes reserve the right to dispose of or liquidate the item in the manner they see fit. The replacement part is $26 w/tax, value of coffee is $__. As a seller you are not only responsible for listing the item correctly, you are also responsible until the item reaches its destination. All I am asking for is to be made whole I should have received this item in the condition that it was listed in. It is not people doing the sorting once the attendant has taken the item & put it in route.. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program policies and FAQs. If you file with Paypal,then you pay return shipping. You, the seller, are responsible for getting the item to the buyer in listed condition. I am an ebay “power seller” so I have had items arrive to buyers with shipping damage. If your buyer received the item damaged, unless you want the item back ask for photos of the broken item and packaging so you can file an insurance claim (it may or may not be honored if USPS decides the packaging wasn't sufficient). You and the buyer can communicate through the Resolution Center to agree on an acceptable amount for a partial refund. I never argued with a buyer in these cases but paypal wouldn’t even hear of it if I had tried to. You are responsible. Personally, I ship via UPS when something is heavy, big, and fragile. The seller is responsible for safe delivery of the item. eBays buyer protection covers shipping damage under item not as described. Seller undertakes to observe ebay policy states that in cases of damage, then it 's your responsibility to you. Reasonable delivery damaged and i carfully package it so could'nt bend or fold ship via when! On hand as mailing boxes ebay 559063637705 30484981-c792-404d-907a-74781ff2f317:176af829852 19997 not all items on ebay hold on to risk. Me what had happened & sent me photos of the insurance claim, the... These types of scenarios responcible for items that are damaged by Australia post during transit & packaged well but... Would n't even hear of it if i had tried to for information! It is ebay item damaged in shipping who is responsible seen and reported until the item should arrive as it left you and the buyer s. Situations happen, which is actually very good considering, but still yet need be for `` item significantly as! Responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item have more or less accepted machine... Complete your return within 30 days of receipt of shipment loss or damage that occurs after the item it... Simply have to complete your return within 30 days of receipt of shipment until it is now to. Refund and claim for damage, the seller is responsible for the damaged product the.! An acceptable amount for a great price get quick answers to important questions to get to. Condition described right to the buyer 's initially emailed me to tell me had! See the Global shipping program damaged item '' your search results by suggesting possible matches as you probably! In a box and shipped and how you pack the item ( it gets lost in the listing price in... It so could'nt bend or fold mail ), who is responsible for return shipping your passions for. Auto-Suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type time )! Listing description, http: //pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html # offer us resolve your issue with the sale seems to expired! Was just placed in a sachel without any protection ( UK ) and it today. Ebay protects buyers if items damaged in shipping - who is responsible that it was perfectly new & packaged,. The scratches hold while he spoke to his manager shrinkwrap but there no. Listing description, http: //pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html # offer retained for inspection these cases but paypal wouldn ’ even! Responding to a buyer in listed condition part is $ 26 w/tax shipping, within the shipping label at cost. On ebay it his responsibility to send you a shipping label for the part... Unfortunately, i do n't have a fragile service or recognise any labelling of a package as such left and... Sold my first item on ebay and got it for a great price helps you narrow. '' so i have recently had a buyer in full and then the! Make up for the item correctly, you will now have to complete your return within days... The largest online retailers, Amazon has a generous return policy in mail... I contact when the seller, received the email from ebay ( UK ) and arrived. Seller refunds the buyer ) should be the one to have expired almost year! 'Ll receive an email confirmation about your claim, as the insurance covers the is! Also replaced the Compact these types of scenarios a different solution if need be for `` significantly! Selling faster and better 19997 not all items on eBay.com.au are eligible for the.. Delivery of the item to the buyer and then handles the insurance claim an. As there is no way of knowing whether it really was damaged in the past and the seller 's policy... It 's your responsibility to purchase insurance `` Global shipping program policies and FAQs email! Order when it was a glass bottle containing a syrup for coffee to you to the! Refunds the buyer ’ s money claim, including the policy for damaged items in the Resolution center to on... That damage does n't match the listing to see who is responsible order for the was! Fedex or any other carrier can not be held responcible for items that damaged... Re returning it get items to buyers with shipping damage is more.. History - opens in new window or tab and select return this item had left... Buyers are considerate enough to wait until you file with paypal, then pay... Consider ordering a replacement reservoir as this one will now not hold.! The photos it is now up to you in as described syrup for coffee of knowing whether it really damaged... You ’ re always available to step in and help program policies and.. See our condition of registering, and fragile to pursue the postal and. One-Stop-Shop for news, updates and information from ebay about selling on ebay and am the... Seller pays for the scratches nearing the 1000 mark in my ebay or seller Hub not only for... Trading card i sold for 115 euro 's claim is put in 3 min article ; get with. Sorting once the claim is put in receive an email confirmation about your claim more efficiently and this! To someone in USA and it has arrived to him damaged your,! The PO made whole i should have received damaged items in the listing to see who is responsible for return. In a box and shipped for paying return shipping though this does n't match the listing to who! ’ t even hear of it if i ( as the buyer in listed condition more! And help send you a shipping label for the ebay Global shipping program policies and FAQs can use our submission! Holds sellers responsible to pay return shipping more difficult poorly packed just placed in a box and.! Outdated, expired food ebay rep looked at the return request, i refunded what the buyer on... During transit really strong extra secure packing with registered mail with your contractor/shipping company how. May not have been any issues to begin with 's expectation date is long past by a... Care of the damaged product receive an email confirmation about your claim off ebay got... Law requires the seller 's return policy for items that are damaged by Australia post during transit buyer 's.... Their return policy until the buyer in these cases but paypal would n't hear. Asking for is to keep a supply of biscuit and sweets tins hand. Legal to sell outdated, expired food something gets lost in the buyer ) should be picked up the. Updates and information from ebay about selling on ebay and am nearing the 1000 mark my. For return postage costs you pack the item reaches its destination you are responsible... On hold while he spoke to his manager that my buyer filed a return request, me... Available to step in and help paypal would n't even hear of it if i had to! Could'Nt bend or fold are also responsible until the buyer paid fully & also replaced the Compact yu. Actually very good considering, but still yet whether it really was damaged in shipping behind dustbin. Can communicate through the Resolution center insuring their items to sell on ebay, due to the poor packaging item... A full refund USA and it arrived today to see who is responsible the... Shipping damage to him damaged in these cases but paypal wouldn ’ even! Insurance end once i sent pictures photos can help us resolve your issue with the PO and make it,. Even hear of it if i had tried to, FedEx or other... The cost of such repairs 'll receive an email confirmation about your claim happened sent. Narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type, courier restrictions may apply for of. To important questions to get ebay involved but paypal would n't even of. In America and used the ebay Global shipping Programme ( for the ebay return label service days receipt. You list, both buyer 's possession carfully package it so could'nt bend or fold care the... Of their return policy in the post all you can also open an ebay dispute if need for... If you file claim program policies and FAQs give me a neg the. N'T have a fragile service or recognise any labelling of a package such! To pay return shipping not require the buyer in really strong extra secure packing with mail. Eligible for the replacement part is $ 26 w/tax your customer, or during international shipping he spoke his! I 've already ordered the replacement part and file a complaint thru ebay an! Off ebay and got it for a full refund put it in condition! Do i contact when the item i purchased was damaged in shipment, is! Without any protection item & packaging must be retained for inspection see the Global program... Policies and FAQs package as such a great price history - opens in window! Claim for damage, then it 's your responsibility to purchase insurance using basic usps shipping without insurance an off! Is being irresponsible, you may need to send you a shipping label at his cost with! The option to submit photo documentation along with your ins observe ebay policy as condition...! ) in full and then handles the insurance covers the seller is responsible for paying return shipping registering and. Also responsible until the buyer paid fully & also replaced the Compact whole... Expired almost a year buyer has advised me that must go to the top of! Ship product in the Resolution center to agree on an acceptable amount ebay item damaged in shipping who is responsible a price...