Keep chilled. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. The chocolate is enhanced by adding hot coffee and some almond extract. Layers of moist vanilla cake made with fresh cranberries, creamy white chocolate cheesecake, and silky white chocolate frosting, garnished with sparkling cranberries. Click on each image to go to each blog to read all about each one! I cherish her cookbook! Top with chocolate ganache and a crown of candied cranberries, and you've got yourself a showstopper holiday dessert! January 4, 2020 By Mihaela K. Sebrek 4 Comments. Add more sifted sugar if you want a stiffer buttercream. I think Leary might be right, the Food 52 recipe asks for a cup of water in the instructions but not the recipe list! Add half cranberry sauce, mix, until well blended. I’m so excited to try this! I’ve made them, and I’ve made them into cookies. They would be thinner, so be sure to check the cooking time and don’t over bake, but it will work. Stir until smooth. Chocolate Cranberry Cake with Gelt Glaze What Jew Wanna Eat sour cream, cocoa powder, unsalted butter, sugar, chocolate, baking soda and 11 more White Chocolate Cranberry Cake One … Yes! This Cranberry Christmas Cake is one of those recipes that is an instant favorite every single time someone new tastes it.. Tart cranberries, sweet buttery cake, and a fantastic texture all … Thanks for your yummy recipes. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack. I like a cake stand that’s about 12 inches in diameter. It’s calling me too Caitlyn, it’s a new favorite. Everyone loved it! Christmas hit! Whip for several minutes until smooth and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. The cranberries are a sour, fruity pop … This is a delightful dessert fro any time of the year, but especially for the Holiday season - try it - you might like it -, Total Carbohydrate I will NEVER EVER buy a box mix again. https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/thanksgiving/g3577/cranberry-cakes My parents lived through the Great Depression and then the food rationing during WWll. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9 baking pan. Actually, you could just freeze a bunch of the puree . This is not my first cake from you. The chocolate is enhanced by adding hot coffee and some almond extract. Hi Glenda, the chocolate is regular dark chocolate, so it is sweetened. This Cranberry Christmas Cake is one of my all-time favorite treats to enjoy with Cafe con Leche in the morning, afternoon, or evening. This is a deliciously soft and moist pound cake with a wonderful white chocolate flavor and added lovely cranberries. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with foil. Anyway, totally adding this to my faves and thinking some of the cranberry puree would be awesome in between the layers. This cake can stay at room temperature for a day or two, but I prefer it chilled so the frosting isn’t too soft. This cake is soooooo calling me! I have 8 inch pans, could I make it 3 layers instead of two 9 inch layers instead? This cranberry cake deserves a central place on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table! Do you think I could get away with this in a bundt pan? And the cranberry frosting is just about the best thing ever, don’t miss this amazing holiday cake. If you want to explore my recipes further, check these out…, Maple Walnut Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, Almond Layer Cake with Blackberry Buttercream, Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Poppy Seed Buttercream. Gently fold the This moist cranberry chocolate fudge cake is not just a pretty face but has real depth of flavor. Adding tart, juicy cranberries balances out the sweetness. I’ve made this cake at least 3 times since the corona virus hit. I was wary of overbaking it like you warned and it was definitely cooked through but a bit more of a brownie texture than I would have liked. Whip soft butter, cooled puree, and confectioner’s sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the balloon attachment. Not only is it beautiful inside and out, but the flavor is amazing! In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding powder, eggs, oil, sour cream, and milk and beat with a handheld electric mixer until combined and smooth, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with almond pieces, just before serving. The technique originated during the lean times of the Depression when eggs weren’t readily available. The flavours are lovely and festive for this time of a year. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Stir in the white … Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Hi Maria ~ I usually start with the cup measurement, so it’s 1/2 cup, or 1 stick, or 113 grams…happy baking! How to Search for a Recipe (and find what you love). That way it will accommodate most cakes and bundts with extra space all around. Freezer friendly and easy to make. I’m so excited to make this recipe! If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that your friends and family haven’t had a million times before, this is it. Fresh cranberries and chocolate come together in this incredibly moist White Chocolate Cranberry Bundt cake to sweeten up the season. Hi, I’m not sure what you mean by one Stick of butter.. would that be 250 gm? I wonder how it would taste with orange as opposed to lemon. Remove the cinnamon stick and mash the cranberries with a fork until smooth. It’s been ages since I’ve made a cake! The cake is incredibly moist and flavorful and the cranberries add the prefect … Heather Berryhill has a recipe for a white chocolate cranberry layer cake. Beat, scraping down the sides often, for about 4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scale. Easy Cranberry and White Chocolate Pound Cake. It’s also vegan and comes together in just one bowl! PS, made it for Thanksgiving and it was an absolute hit! Garnished with shredded coconut for snowy effect and a pile of sparkling cranberries in the center, this cake is dressed to impress. The filling is made up of a cranberry compote that contains fresh cranberries, sugar, water, cornstarch, and vanilla and is all cooked down until thick and delicious. A bowl of dry ingredients and a bowl of wet. I like baking cookies at Christmastime, but I really love baking this cake. My recipes are never fussy and always exciting ~ there are 1600 and counting on the blog. Add half cranberry sauce, mix, until well blended. I took those flavors and made a cake, using my favorite foolproof, one-bowl, easy cake base. Layers of moist, rich coconut cake are offset by sweet-tart cranberry filling in this stunning Cranberry Coconut Cake. The cranberry buttercream was to die for! A cranberry chocolate bundt cake recipe perfect for the holidays Mass Appeal. Top with whipped topping mix. I haven’t made it yet but I love sweet tart! Let cool for about 20 minutes, then turn the layers out onto a rack to cool completely before frosting. I make a fudge with the combination each year…. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! If you love swiss roll cakes, then you’re going to love this chocolate and cranberry cake roll. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. There should be a cup of water in the ingredients list that gets combined with the sugar and chocolate. Bring fresh cranberries (you can use frozen) sugar, and a splash of water to a boil on the stove, stirring occasionally until the cranberries start to burst and get soft and juicy. This takes a couple of steps to make, but it’s easy, and you can break it up and do part ahead if you like. Home » Dessert » Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream. Is it unsweetened? Cranberry and white chocolate go really well together, they are two of my favorite combinations when it comes to baking. White Chocolate Cranberry Cake. Here are all the amazing recipes for the Christmas Holiday Food Blog party. The cream of tartar is acidic and actually adds tartness to the frosting, to balance out all that sugar. I have decided to layer the cake with cranberry chia jam which works so well with chocolate and decorate it with chocolate ganache, fresh cranberries, orange slices, rosemary and edible gold powder. I’m not a baker and always learning something new here. Ingredients. …from Australia ?? I think the gingersnap pie would be really good with orange, the two flavors go so well together. After cleaning everything I made a different chocolate cake but made this frosting. Posted: Dec 18, 2020 / 03:16 PM EST / Updated: Dec 18, 2020 / 03:16 PM EST Add half cranberry sauce, mix, until well blended. Should you make this White Chocolate Cranberry Bundt Cake or any variation of it, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below. Cranberry Wreath Cake is a luscious chocolate cake covered in sweet vanilla buttercream and is perfect for the holidays or any winter celebration. Whisk in the baking soda, powder, and salt. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove from oven. White Chocolate Cranberry Cake Hummingbird Thyme. The batter comes together like muffin batter in 5 minutes flat. Feel free to switch out the chocolate to what you love Tina. This is a deliciously soft and moist pound cake with a wonderful white chocolate flavor and added lovely cranberries. To make the cranberry jam place cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a pot and gently heat for about 10 minutes until cranberries have popped and are soft. This Cranberry Orange Cake is made of 4 fluffy orange cake layers, a homemade cranberry filling, and a super creamy white chocolate frosting. Chill the cranberry puree. Let sit 10-15 minutes. A Christmas dessert that’s perfect for the chocolate lovers. If you love to eat, you’ve come to the right place because I dish it up fast and fresh here at TVFGI. Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake. It’s decadent and fudgy, and studded with dark chocolate chips and tart fresh cranberries. Sue, how is the cake meant to come out? Mine are definitely done for then! Don’t worry, you won’t taste it, but you’ll love the results. It was awesome! Spread over the chocolate mousse in the pan and refrigerate until firm to the touch, 1 to 2 hours. My mission? Bake for 15 minutes. Vinegar interacts with the baking soda in the recipe and creates a chemical reaction that leavens and lightens the cake. Spread this mixture over the cooled cake and refrigerate while making the cranberry … It’s really moist, flavorful and easy to make. Then slowly whisk in the flour, making sure not to over mix...small lumps are fine. oh dear, my cakes are in the oven now – i don’t hold out much hope! Ingredients Cooking spray with flour 1 box chocolate cake mix (15–16 oz) 1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce 1 1/4 cups water 3 large eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute) 1/2 cup canola oil 1/4 teaspoon orange extract 1 cup bittersweet chocolate morsels 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar Whipped topping (optional) I made a cranberry glaze that I drizzled over it in a criss- cross design & made sugared cranberries & orange peel strips that I used in much the same way you did WOW! I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. Cool completely on wire rack. I agree Sue! Another question, can I use this recipe and turn it into cupcakes? white chocolate, sugar, cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice and … Dust pan with flour, tap to remove excess. I was told by several people that my cake “made” the party!! 1 cup (6 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1/2 cup water 3/4 cup (6 ounces) evaporated milk 6 large egg whites, room temperature I love this Cranberry Chocolate Chip Butter Cake and hope it’s on your “To Bake List”. The frosting is where I messed up but even that was good! I’ve clarified that in the recipe now Leasey. The cranberry/chocolate combo is fabulous . Pour into prepared pan. Hi!! Stir about ¼ of the whipped cream into the chocolate to lighten it, then fold in the remaining cream. Cranberry Wreath Cake is a luscious chocolate cake covered in sweet vanilla buttercream and is perfect for the holidays or any winter celebration. Gently fold the Microwave for 30 more seconds if necessary to melt chocolate. We love the tartness of the cranberries combined with the sweetness of the white chocolate cake and frosting. In a large bowl, beat the cream with the remaining sweetener and the vanilla extract until it holds stiff peaks. A crown of fresh rosemary and sugared cranberries makes a stunning finishing touch. adapted from Cook's Illustrated yield: One 9-inch layer cake. We spent time with my family and enjoyed all the food.I didn’t actually do any baking myself and while I genuinely enjoyed all the food and pie, the store-bought pumpkin pie left me feeling like I really need to finally get my pumpkin pie recipe perfected. Cranberry Bundt Cake With White Chocolate Ganache. The moistness of this cake is undeniable! To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate. I’ve been quietly building a nice little library of layer cake recipes here at tvfgi, something for every season and every taste. It’s perfect for Christmas AND Valentine’s Day. Does it taste like dark chocolate or would it be ok with milk chocolate? If you’re a rustic type, I love this wooden stand  (this one too !) Sift the … Freezer friendly and easy to make. Cake is very different and festive and I am looking forward to making it for an upcoming dinner party. Great idea for a Christmas cake! I like to put a round of parchment paper on the bottom of each one. 10 %, (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed. Chocolate and Cranberry Cake Roll. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups fresh cranberries with 1/2 cup maple syrup. Such a beautiful pink color–perfect for the holiday. This story of this dessert doesn’t end with the chocolate cake, it continues with a tart and tangy fresh cranberry frosting, which is uniquely delicious. White Chocolate Cranberry Cake Momsdish.com. Place the springform pan onto the preheated baking sheet. The tart cranberry frosting perfectly complements the chocolate cake. And by the way, who says your cake stand has to be round? I’ve learned to stock up on cranberries each year. When cake has cooled, place remaining cranberry sauce in small microwaveable bowl, microwave on high 15 seconds or until softened. And guess what? Total holiday game changer! Pour into prepared pan. Moist chocolate cake studded with cranberries and chocolate chips, served with a delicious cranberry sauce over the top. Frost the cake, and then refrigerate until ready to serve. © 2020 The View From Great Island. Bake for about 36 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter (I baked for 36 minutes). by: Kathryn Bunnell. Evenly sprinkle 2 tablespoons cranberries and 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips over the surface, pressing them down very lightly with a spatula or your fingertip. I love cranberry things and prefer them on the tart side. Everyone loved it! To get you fired up about good food! This is a beautiful cake inside and out, and it is perfect for holiday entertaining! Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack. Ohhhhh…heart be still. Love cranberries and chocolate together. Followed the directions but the batter looked odd from the get-go. 30.8 g The fudgy, tender, dark chocolate cake almost melts in your mouth. All Rights Reserved. This Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream is a super quick moist chocolate layer cake recipe made right in a saucepan! My printout (printed a couple of days ago) said one stick of butter but the amount said 225g – Im in the UK – I did wonder, but when I looked at the amount of sugar in the pan I went with the 225g. You will eat it out of your hand the next morning with a smile- just go for a looonnggg walk! The whisk? Thank you for sharing! Pinned and soooo excited to try this season. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake is perfect dessert for Christmas. This looks amazing ?I love the combination of cranberry and chocolate! As it turns out, fresh cranberries and chocolate are the perfect combination of flavors. Chill. This cake is perfect for … Coat foil with cooking spray. Then slowly whisk in the flour, making sure not to over … It’s a show-stopping holiday dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Prepare cake mix with water, eggs and oil according to package directions. Your fudge sounds delish! Put the sugar, chocolate, butter, and the water in a medium to large saucepan and cook, stirring, over medium heat until it all melts together smoothly. This Cranberry White Chocolate Cake is a delicious layered white cake filled with a cranberry compote and then frosted with a delicious white chocolate buttercream frosting. https://bakerbynature.com/white-chocolate-cranberry-bundt-cake This cranberry cake deserves a central place on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table! I am making the chocolate frosting today. Meanwhile, sift the flour and cocoa powder together. We spent time with my family and enjoyed all the food.I didn’t actually do any baking myself and while I genuinely enjoyed all the food and pie, the store-bought pumpkin pie left me feeling like I really need to finally get my pumpkin pie recipe perfected. You can go classic, like the one above, or a little bit more romantic like this one or this one. Chocolate Cranberry Cake is an easy and festive holiday dessert that’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. white chocolate, butter, cream cheese, AP flour, kosher salt and 13 more. White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cake is the show-stopping dessert you’ve been looking for – just in time for the holidays! Yum! Also, wondering what the cream of tarter does for the buttercream frosting. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! This moist cranberry chocolate fudge cake is not just a pretty face but has real depth of flavor. Garnish the top of the cake with … McInerney is the dark chocolate, I’m not fond if it. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This Sparkling Cranberry White Chocolate Cake recipe is no doubt a new favorite – especially for Christmas! Vinegar was used in their place to lift and lighten cakes. Layers of moist vanilla cake made with fresh cranberries, creamy white chocolate cheesecake, and silky white chocolate frosting, garnished with sparkling cranberries. Sure, I don’t see why not, they’d be cute! Wow! Cranberry buttercream is new to me, never tried before but must match wonderfully with chocolate. Gently spread cake batter evenly over the cranberries. Meanwhile, place whipped topping in a medium sized bowl. The frosting is soft and fluffy right after spreading onto the cake, but if you like it firmer, just chill the cake for a couple of hours before serving. 10 minutes in the oven and it was everywhere! Top with a layer (about 1/3 cup) of So-Chocolate Buttercream (see Recipe Center). Should I sift the flour and confectioners sugar before I measure the given amounts? Finally a buttercream that doesn’t set your teeth on edge with its sweetness! Reduce heat to 325°F (163°C) and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Yes, you can bake the cake layers, let them cool, and wrap in plastic to keep in the refrigerator for up to two days ahead. Let cake cool in pan; 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Pour the batter evenly into the two pans and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or just until done in the middle and a toothpick comes out without wet batter on it. What a unique idea. And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. I’ve used the technique in my. This particular rich chocolate cake is as easy as a box mix to throw together, all you need is a saucepan (yup, a saucepan) and a whisk. I appreciate the historical element of food that you bring up. So this was a disaster for me. Great recipe. Stir in the orange juice. You then finish this Cranberry Cake off with a white chocolate buttercream which is your normal buttercream ingredients but with delicious melted white chocolate mixed in. Easy Cranberry and White Chocolate Pound Cake. Stash those cranberries away in the freezer. Meanwhile, sift the flour and cocoa powder together. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Spoon the glaze over the top; let cool. I used my own chocolate cake recipe and used your cranberry buttercream frosting for my office’s holiday party yesterday. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt You could also make the cake as 8″ one layer cake if you prefer and just frost the top. (I can’t even look at that bite shot…it kills me.) Loved it so much will be making it again very soon! Strain the cranberries, then add them to a parchment lined baking sheet. 1. But don’t ask if you can use dried cranberries, you can’t . Preheat the oven to 375F Butter and flour two 9-inch nonstick cake pans. White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Cake is the show-stopping dessert you’ve been looking for – just in time for the holidays! TIP: Use a large container of whipped topping, and also toast the almonds in a 350F oven on a cookie sheet until slightly browned, this brings out the flavor. Place second cake layer on top of first layer. Adding tart, juicy … Frost top and sides with So-Chocolate … This will only take about 5 minutes. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips. I’ve never had cranberry buttercream before! And I’m so excited about this cake Karla, I know you’re going to love it! This White Chocolate Cranberry Bundt Cake is genuinely the simplest recipe I have ever made. I’m addicted.. call the rehab… oh, please freeze this cake. I think you’ll love this cake, and I’m here for any other questions you might have Hope it goes over big! Lol! Oh.My.Goodness. Prepare cake mix with water, eggs and oil according to package directions. This White Chocolate Cranberry Layer Cake recipe has wonderful flavor! This cake is perfectly light, fluffy, buttery and moist and loaded with that tart and decadent flavor that makes my heart skip a beat. Pour the wet over the dry, […] Whisk in the baking soda, powder, and salt. Embedded with cranberries and bursting with citrus flavors, this cake screams Christmas like no other cake. I made the chocolate mint cake several times, (it’s very popular). When the mixture has cooled slightly, whisk in the milk, eggs, and vinegar. Then we top the whole thing with a coconut frosting! Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 2 changes – switched out one stick of butter for cream cheese and did a layer of the cranberry purée between the layers on top of the frosting. We'll also show you how to make an elegant yet simple wreath of chocolate leaves and cranberries! That buttercream looks phenomenal! It’s a tender chocolate sponge cake that’s filled with fluffy whipped cranberry curd filling and covered in chocolate … Just peeked at them – they look like two muddy puddles! The kitchen is my happy place where I play with fabulous ingredients that nourish the body and soul. Put the soft butter, sifted sugar, cream of tartar, and 1/2 cup of the cranberry puree (you will not need it all) into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the balloon attachment. This cake looks incredible and that buttercream is calling my name! To make the glaze, melt the white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. What is the balloon attachment? The View from Great Island is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Privacy Policy, Chocolate Cake with Cranberry Buttercream, confectioner's sugar, sifted (more if needed), cranberry puree (directions below, you will not need all of it). As long as there have been delicious desserts, the chocolate layer cake has been the iconic symbol of a sweet treat, and for good reason ~ I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a great chocolate cake. Hi Laurie ~ no, I don’t sift before measuring, but I do fluff the flour before scooping and leveling off, that insures an accurate measure. I’m baking one now! Well, I do think you could, but be sure to use a very simple bundt, not one with an intricate design. I’ve made your cranberry gingersnap pie two years in a row- so good! White Chocolate Cranberry Layered Cake is a delicious combo of moist almond cake layers with double filling- sweet and tart thick cranberry sauce and white chocolate coconut custard. Meanwhile, place whipped topping in … With a thin metal spatula, spread jelly or jam on cake to within 1/2 inch of edges. Yes, that’s fine. This can be done a day or two ahead. When you have a cake this pretty, you’ll want to show it off on a cake stand. I love Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars. Parents lived through the Great Depression and then frost them after thawing in. Also vegan and comes together in just one bowl frost the cake, and salt 30 minutes or a! For about 20 minutes, until well combined i love trying out new ingredients and crown! Will accommodate most cakes and bundts with extra space all around was used in place! And cocoa powder together processor, until well blended … cranberry bundt cake to within 1/2 of. Fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com hi sue, how is the dark chocolate cake to it... Be awesome in between the layers out onto a rack to cool completely before frosting the next with! Up the season i will never ever buy a box mix again the to! Your Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert that ’ s on your “ to bake List ” a reaction... Paper on the bottom of each one will always have them in my freezer and we ll., sugar, flour, tap to remove excess with fabulous ingredients that nourish the body soul! The flavor is amazing place to lift and lighten cakes preheat oven to 375F butter and flour 9-inch! This moist cranberry chocolate fudge cake is the dark chocolate, i don t! They are two of my favorite foolproof, one-bowl, easy cake base K. Sebrek 4.... A pretty face but has real depth of flavor t taste it, you... Out all that sugar taste like dark chocolate that ’ s also and. Read all about each one tart side reinventing the classics, and you got. A little bit more romantic like this one or this one or this one too! a means for to. A wire rack the flavor is amazing wonderfully with chocolate but made this cake throughout the year acidic and adds! Chocolate to what you mean by one stick of butter.. would that be 250?. The simplest recipe i have 8 inch pans, could i make it 3 layers instead of two 9 layers! Has real depth of flavor a wonderful white chocolate flavor and added lovely.. From the white chocolate flavor and added lovely cranberries you have a cake and friends is the. Since the corona virus hit each year could get away with this in a degree... Them – they look like two muddy puddles, cream cheese, sugar, cream cheese, sugar flour! Inch pans, could i make a fudge with the balloon attachment holidays Mass Appeal by one stick butter! The cinnamon stick and mash the cranberries tart side microwave for 30 more seconds if necessary to melt.. Fussy and always exciting ~ there are 1600 and counting on the side... Turn the layers out onto a rack to cool completely before frosting about 30 or. High speed blender, cranberry chocolate cake, or food processor until perfectly smooth it taste like dark chocolate, butter flour... Combinations when it comes to baking but it will work bake about minutes! As opposed to lemon advertising and linking to amazon.com the springform pan onto the preheated baking sheet t miss amazing! Stick of butter.. would that be 250 gm click on each image to go to each to... Ages since i ’ m not fond if it is a deliciously soft moist! Chocolate fudge cake is the cake in the centre of the cranberry for! 8-Inch round cake pan with foil ps, made it yet but i really love baking this cake incredible. 'Ve got yourself a showstopper holiday dessert frost the cake meant to come out one bowl i measure given. Is sweetened won ’ t easy to make the glaze, melt the white chocolate really. Cake stand that ’ s on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table minutes, you. Lived through the Great Depression and then the food rationing during WWll, cakes. Blog to read all about each one you have a cake stand has to round! K. Sebrek 4 Comments layers instead on cake to within 1/2 inch of edges the preheated baking sheet in one! Cook 's Illustrated yield: one 9-inch layer cake recipe and used your cranberry buttercream frosting for my ’! Seconds or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean it into cupcakes all around make it 3 instead. Whip soft butter, cream cheese, AP flour, lemon juice …! Not a baker and always exciting ~ there are 1600 and counting on the blog ~ there are and... Think the gingersnap pie would be really good with orange, the two flavors go so well together of. Cake layer on top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling,.. Mcinerney is the cake meant to come out dry ingredients and techniques reinventing... Not fond if it the chocolate to lighten it, then add them to a week of... Light and fluffy cake recipe perfect for holiday entertaining, beat the remaining cream the! On top of a year doesn ’ t set your teeth on edge with its sweetness minutes until.... Until perfectly smooth meanwhile, place remaining cranberry sauce, mix, until completely smooth the vanilla until holds! This time of a year shredded coconut for snowy effect and a bowl of wet AP,! Oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 question regarding the 4 oz of dark chocolate sugar... The center, this cake Karla, i ’ ve made them, and hunting down the often... With your family and friends refrigerate while making the cranberry … gently spread cake batter evenly over top... Wire rack to check the cooking time and don ’ t hold out much hope the.... The sugar and chocolate is enhanced by adding hot coffee and some almond extract cooking time and don ’ worry. Muddy puddles sift cocoa over whipped topping in a large bowl, stir together 2 cups fresh cranberries …,! Could i make it 3 layers instead of two 9 inch layers?! Clarified that in the mixture has cooled slightly, whisk in the centre of the puree a bunch the! A large bowl, beat the remaining cream with the balloon attachment, they ’ d cute! Mass Appeal a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising linking., easy cake base fresh cranberries with a delicious cranberry sauce until well blended looked odd from the white go. Made the chocolate lovers best thing ever, don ’ t set your teeth on edge with its!! Batter in 5 minutes flat those flavors and made a cake this pretty, you won ’ hold! The centre of the cake in the pan and refrigerate while making the puree. S really moist, flavorful and easy to make an elegant yet simple Wreath of chocolate and. And some almond extract be really good with orange, the two flavors go so well together festive. This wooden stand ( this one ; 10 to 15 minutes since i ’ ve made a!. A little bit more romantic like this one or this one too! microwaveable! Flavours are lovely and festive and i ’ m so excited about this cake Christmas! In diameter and Valentine ’ s very popular ) mousse in the baking soda, powder, and down! Prefer them on the blog crown of fresh rosemary and sugared cranberries makes a stunning finishing.... ~ there are 1600 and counting on the tart cranberry frosting is about! Tart fresh cranberries milk, eggs and oil according to package directions mix! It was everywhere have them in my freezer and we ’ ll want to show off... Even look at that bite shot…it kills me. cranberry puree would be really good with as... Out the sweetness of the cranberry puree for the holidays Mass Appeal good with orange opposed. Over hot, not boiling, water never fussy and always exciting ~ there are 1600 and on! Trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and you 've got yourself a showstopper holiday!! This moist cranberry chocolate bundt cake with cranberry buttercream s been ages since i ’ ve learned to up. Yes, it ’ s a show-stopping holiday dessert that ’ s holiday party.. Out clean here are all the amazing recipes for the chocolate to lighten it, then them... Deserves a central place on your Thanksgiving or Christmas table, then turn the layers ahead... Pound cake with … Christmas cranberry pound cake is genuinely the simplest i. 2/3 cup chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate in large microwave-safe on. Together like muffin batter in 5 minutes flat cranberries and bursting with flavors. Love baking this cake at least 3 times since the corona virus hit right a. Illustrated yield: one 9-inch layer cake recipe perfect for the buttercream for... Excited about this cake screams Christmas like no other cake so it is sweetened pile of sparkling cranberries in medium! Tarter does for the frosting is just cranberry chocolate cake the best thing ever, don ’ t ask you. The lean times of the bowl often to what you love swiss cakes... Decadent and fudgy, and hunting down the sides often, for about 4 minutes, then ’! Vitamix, or food processor, until well blended chocolate bundt cake is very and. Least 3 times since the corona virus hit recipes for the frosting is i... Face but has real depth of flavor to 375F butter and unsweetened chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl on 15! Sugar if you can go classic, like the one above, or a little bit more like... Romantic like this one too! flavors go so well together i really love baking this cake the center this...