FB contains Vitex and B vitamins which are supposed to support your luteal phase. Don’t take for too long Vitex is most effective during the first three to six months of use. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. … After ovulation, i began weaning myself off the Vitex and only took 1 400 mg until 9dpo. Ovulation; Male Fertility; One of nature’s best herbs that increase your fertility, as well as a special friend of all women, is an extract from the fruit of the chaste tree (Vitex agnus-castus) which is able to balance out the feminine hormonal system in a natural, safe and effective way, with no side effects. I took vitex for 1 mounth in I had my first BFP in the same mounth in years but ended in a menstrual miscarriage. I haven't heard of this before but in the last few days I have read that if you have a short luteal phase it's hard to get pregnant. Relevance. By the looks of my CM i should be ovulating today or in the next few days! That's why many women take it for luteal phase defect. My TTC History: 2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16) 2010: Infertility . She said the doctor will need to test my progesterone and will then prescribe me progesterone if needed. I didn't have any side effects that I noticed, but I have heard that you should stop taking it as soon as you get a BFP because it can cause uterine contractions? I am guessing that vitex might delayed my ovulation. What are your experiences taking VITEX?? I started taking FertilityBlend this month due to a consistently short (7-9 day) luteal phase. vitex and OPK - posted in Ask the Naturopathic Physician: Hi Dr. Fiona, I have recently started on DV plus, a component of which is Vitex. Favourite answer. Did your o day change on Vitex? Women who have shorter luteal phases (second half of the menstrual cycle) have highly elevated prolactin levels. Like I was put off morning coffee and tea whereas I normally I cannot start my day without it and kept getting negatives until 9 days after my missed period. Maca has … Qfp . Thanks Ozpixie and big congrats! Also interested in any other changes / side effects - good or bad - from Vitex. Ask question + 100. Alyssa • Wed, Apr 01 • Mama in UT / California transplant / oh it`s snowing again! You can get Vitex just in the chemist in the vitaman section. Still have questions? They did look up on computer and confirm to stop taking when pregnant. Vitex should be taken from after menstrual bleeding until the next month’s bleeding begins. What a big difference Vitex makes! Answer Save. Also known as chaste tree or chasteberry, it's often taken as a remedy for women's health problems. And this cycle i'm also charting my CM, which is soo helpful! I am on day 26 (I tend to have cycles around 35-40 days lately, but can be all over the map) and today on day 26 i decided to start using an OPk because I have had no signs of ovulation as of yet. 1997-2021 All rights reserved. Help! Maca can also be taken all month with a break during menstrual bleeding and is great for the male partner as well. Congratulations! But it would be nice to think I might o a couple of days earlier and have a slightly longer luteal phase. I hate that I now have an even longer wait. Update: BFP! 2 months of taking the b6 and the Vitex, I got my BFP! I'm on CD 13 now, I have no EWCM and I am still getting low readings on my CBFM. Anyone had this happen? But at the same time vitex made me gain a lot of weight, some light acnee and very late ovulation( 22 dpo). Vitex may influence hormone levels in a number of ways. I guess it can depend on how long it takes for your hcg levels to build up.....every pregnancy is different … My last … It was my first cycle taking a lot of new supplements, so I wanted to share my experience with you if you guys are interested! This would be cycle 2 on Vitex, and I’m praying for a BFP this go around. Like Like. Ovulation was therefore a bit earlier as well. I rather it not go to waste. For me it shortened my cycle by about 5 days - which was great because I have quite a long cycle. Then I stopped taking the vitex and received a BFP on 14dpo. Hey all, Been ttc for almost 7 years now, had a MC this year at 5+3. : I tried Vitex to lengthen a LP of 11 days which probably was fine the way it was. Lovbub Im stalking this too to see peoples experiences. Hi ladies. please give info...? I think getting spotting after a long period w/o ovulation is common for women with anovulatory cycles, and it's called estrogen breakthrough bleeding. But with unpredictable cycle at the moment I have no idea just bad luck ! I might see how I go next month with opks and might start temping. … Have any of you experienced delayed ovulation on vitex? 1 Answer. Comment. Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) is a plant used in herbal medicine. I am now at cd18 and no signs of anything. According to my LMP i’m due 30th January but I really think this … So next cycle I will try that because I stopped … Delayed ovulation. Now 6 weeks pregnant ;) couldn't recommend these high enough, after 2 long years … I have seen Vitex used to aid in lengthening the luteal phase, which generally will make ovulation EARLIER. Simply put, this imbalance poses a challenge to women trying to get pregnant. Is there a combination of supplements that I could use with vitex in order not to have so late ovulation because of the it and not to gain so much weight ( I never … This morning I got a BFP with my 3rd wee of the day. Combining Vitex with ovulation-stimulating drugs can result in a serious condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. But I needed a break to be honest lol. July 9, 2015 at 4:14 pm Maybe you are confusing post-ovulation phase length with delayed ovulation? Posts: 18,013 Likes: 15,234 PSA: vitamin B delaying ovulation … Vitex helps to stimulate ovulation by increasing luteinizing hormone (or LH) as well as normalizing hormone levels and promote regular menstruation. Was a great read :) I will look into the B groups for next cycle but I might wait to see how I find ovulation next cycle before getting the vitex. Do you take Vitex post ovulation too? Anyone has similar experience? I tried to get blackmores but they didn't have any so I got I think Thompsons ? However, I don't want to continue if it can harm the little … I'm guessing mine probably won't shift too much as it's usually cd 15 of a regular 27 day cycle - so not far it can go, I'm guessing. Vitex is also an adaptogen, however. My cycle on Vitex. So i would recommend charting CM if you aren't already doing so :) i cant answer your question … I don't think it's common though to bleed for as long as I have and I'm kind of worried, even though it's light. Soeurette. For example, I am 11 months post partum; my cycles are regular (27-29 days) but my luteal phase (the phase AFTER ovulation) is short. I just started taking vitex this cycle and it's already moved up ovulation by 5 days! I don't want to stop cold turkey, or too fast, and have a MC due to a sudden drop in progesterone (I've had some LF spotting over the previous cycles). Vitex and delayed ovulation? This is still my first cycle of opks and I came off the pill in march so I may still be out of Wack in regards to ovulation but my two precious cycles have all been right on 31 days exact but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean my ovulation would be regular just because my cycle is does it? QUESTION. I think I read somewhere that you have to take it from CD1 till you ovulate. IM worried about being on it when pregnant as it does say to stop if pregnant ?? This cycle I ovulated on CD26 and I'm currently on CD34 with no AF in sight. My guess is that they don't know about it as its a herbal thing so natropaths are the ones generally telling people I have seen to take it :). Like Like. I only have to take one pill a day first thing :), Have asked 3 doctors about it and 3 pharmacists and they know nothing about it. In this article, we shall discuss this condition a little more in detail and how it might affect your chances of getting pregnant. Morgan J says: July 5, 2017 at 2:10 pm. 10 years ago. i am concerned that vitex has delayed o. You've made the decision and you are actively trying to conceive. I did start taking to get a bit more regular but also because I thought I had a short LP last cycle so needed to increase progesterone levels I thought ? In Trying to Conceive. Apparently... Hey hunny, I can't help with the shortened cycle (mostly cause mine range anywhere from 30 - 95 days and I've only been on vitex for a month, how I love PCOS lol) but I've noticed some positive changes in that my skin is so much clearer and dry (I had really oily skin from the pcos) and also my moods are a lot better (defiantly having less pyscho moments!!) 2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI) 2012: Baby #1. just now. We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the. Got my BFP w/ Vitex, B6, Progesterone, Evening Primrose Oil, and DIM! no o, no peak reading and no temp rise. Administration can be transdermal (15–30 mg/day in divided doses), preferably on nonfatty areas of the skin, such as the forearm, to avoid deposition in fat. Hi everyone! I can finally know when I'm ovulating. Share the highs and lows of this time, and meet other women going through the same as you. I... Latest: 19 days ago | Jazminalvarez0421. when is an egg considered "overmature"? i ovulate normally and on my own but sometimes i have long cycles. I am wishing you the best of luck, & praying you’re blessed baby fairy dust very soon! The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. Will a doctor give this to you. I wonder if the vitex contributed. I've recently started taking Vitex/Agnus Castus to improve ovulation and cycles. Close. I have been doing opks this month for first time. Posted by. So far today is day 40 of cycle having AF symptoms but who knows . No … tam619. I got my bfp a week ago, currently 4 weeks, 2days! You've made the decision and you are actively trying to conceive. I got my BFP 9 days late - I had weird sensation I was pregnant before hand! Did Vitex change your ovulation day? A doctor may run a … What is going through your mind? Reply. I'm in my 4th cycle post miscarriage and D&C in may. What a big difference Vitex makes! Vote. Vitex and delayed ovulation? And vent. All contents copyright © BabyCenter, L.L.C. I have a 31 day cycle and calculators say I should O on day18 but I have only started to see lines on the opks yesterday and today being CD 22. I have regular 31-32 day cycles and I got a positive ovulation on Sep 14th (cd20/21). I'm on my first full cycle of Vitex (started taking it midway through last cycle but after o) and have heard a lot of stories if it shifting ovulation by a few days. This is my second cycle on vitex and I have just decided to stop using it as this is CD 27 and I havent ovulated yet. Vitex supplements typically contain extracts of the fruit and/or seed of the plant. Can't speak about the bfp but it's fairly common for it to delay your period as it ups progesterone. Hubby and I are beyond excited. Has anyone tried Agnus Castus and got delayed ovulation as a result? Sorry only just saw your question- doesn't matter though now ☺ cone join us on the January 2015 board x. Did anyone have delayed period with vitex but still get bfp? i o'd cd 20 last cycle so i hoped that vitex might help me o a bit sooner. I was two weeks late for AF before got bfp, did loads of tests when was a week late including CB digital all came back bfn then took a test a week later and came up BFP I did another CB digital and came up pregnant 3+ weeks but yet week before came up not pregnant! it is cd 18 and my cbfm has been high for 8 days. I had a d&c and got my period back several weeks after, which gave me hope we can start ttc again. 2014: Baby #2 October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22) March 2016 BFP… Me and … I'm a little nervous though because my acupuncturist recommended me stopping it once I get bfp. QUESTION. I just feel generally calmer! For example, it's said to promote the release of luteinizing hormone and, … So hopefully either pregnant or AF here soon !! vitex and not ovulating: So due to some fairly significant lp spotting my nd and I decided to put me on a vitex/b6 blend herb back in Dec. Ov was delayed f Ir the first cycle (by 5 days) and has been so delayed this cycle that I asked nd to stop exactly one week ago. Did your o day change on Vitex? My 3rd cycle was my first 'normal' cycle I think and using CBFM I got my peaks on days 13/14. Usually, ovulation starts at Day 14 during the 28-day menstrual cycle, but sometimes due to a number of reasons, it may be delayed (late ovulation). I posted a test yesterday and everyone said BFN... Then today got a light BFP!!! I'm not sure why you might get it this cycle though and not previous cycles - could be due to vitex? Vitex impacts prolactin (PRL), a hormone produced in the pituitary gland whose primary functions involve pregnancy and the production of breast milk. I've heard stories like yours where people have miscarried because they stopped. I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been? I am so worried. BFP-03/05/13 -EDD-12/14/13 -MC-04/12/13 BFP-09/17/13 -EDD-05/29/14 -Missed MC- 12/06/13 RIP baby boy BFP-06/29/14 -EDD-03/11/15 -Missed MC- 08/17/14 BFP- 08/31/15- EDD-05-11/16- MC- 10/10/15 BFP- 02/13/16- EDD-11/26/16- MC -03/02/16 BFP- 04/09/16- EDD- 12/20/16, baby girl born on 12/24/16 awick14 Elder. However, I am cd 36 and no sign of af … 5. Can I ask..when you ovulated late, did your LP change? I have a question regarding cycles after d&c. 0 0. This cycle I ovulated on CD26 and I'm currently on CD34 with no AF in sight. What is going through your mind? However...I usually ovulate CD14, and it’s now CD16 … 31 | TTC 1 | lupus, sjogrens, hashimotos. : I'm on my first full cycle of Vitex (started taking it midway through last cycle but after o) and have heard a lot of stories if it shifting ovulation by a few days. If I discover late ovulation next month I will def look at vitex and maybe see a nathrapath befoee I take it. I have just started Vitex this cycle as I read it would help regulate my cycles since coming off pill and fingers crossed shorten it as ive had a 44 day, 55 day and now im on day 38 of this cycle. PRAYING FOR THIS BABY!!! I am hoping that now I have stopped it (as of yesterday) I will ovulate sometime soon. My periods are very regular and I’m seeing more of the mucus. Hi, Ladies!I bought some PinkStork Fertility Tea (Vitex) from Amazon to help with ovulation (I have a short LP) a few weeks ago, but I received my (very faint) BFP this morning before using it (its unopened). All contents copyright © BabyCenter, L.L.C. I have been on it since mid last cycle into this cycle. I had the hormonal IUS (Mirena) for over a decade and after having it removed I have had 24 day cycles with only 2 fertile days using OPK (one flashing smiley one solid smiley). After that, its effect on the pituitary starts to diminish. Just as luck would have I missed bd for the week two weeks ago so missed ov if it happened ! Pingback: My First Year of … It is probably safe to take Vitex for longer than six months, but you should not need to take it that long. can vitex delay ovulation? I’m assuming I conceived later in my cycle? Has this happened to anyone else? Get answers by asking now. This is the first month taking it and I've already had one more fertile day than normal and better cervical fluid. But on top of that excitement is the worry and concern of stopping, and how to stop, the vitex. May 24, 2012 at 7:40 am I read that it is beneficial to do so because it can help correct progesterone deficiencies as well. I had a 28-32 day cycle with ovulation on CD18-20. I tried Vitex to lengthen a LP of 11 days which probably was fine the way it was. Yep I ovulated cd 23 with dd on vitex. Just not sure even when to expect AF. Log in or register to post comments; OvaGraph User Since 12/2019 OvaGraph User Since 12/2019. Has any of you or are any of you taking vitex? I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been? Reply. i took vitex this cycle and my ovulation was around cd21-22 instead of 14. i got bfp today but a bit worried.. Dr. Randy Baker answered 40 years experience Holistic Medicine I've only been tracking for 5 mos and can't really speak to normalcy prior to then due to bc but I had one wonky 45 day cycle so I thought I would try it on. Lv 7. 1997-2021 All rights reserved. Excited! Has anyone experienced a super late ovulation like this and still fallen pregnant? I will continue to follow this post so I can hear all your experiences with vitex. If I do it will mean I ovulate so late like CD 24. Who do I see about getting vitex. The reason i started using vitex is because i didnt know when/if i was ovulating. 3 failed IUIs, spontaneously conceived, now … Vitex. In women attempting pregnancy, application should begin after ovulation to avoid inhibiting ovulation or interfering with the establishment of the corpus luteum. So it will raise progesterone when it's supposed to, and lower it during the follicular phase. This is also why most women do not ovulate or will ovulate very late if they take B6 or progesterone during their follicular phase, since progesterone is the anti-estrogen and estrogen is needed for ovulation. … Or vitex success stories to share? Wow thanks for all the information! I been cleared in terms of pcos, my mums been all over the map so it may be hereditary. Love and Blessings to you and yours! We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the. I had a 28-32 day cycle with ovulation on CD18-20. Momma it's all just a bit unsure . Also helps with my ovulation. I had an extraordinarily long cycle with a delayed ovulation. Share the highs and lows of this time, and meet other women going through the same as you. Does the faint lines on the opks mean I should be getting closer to a darker one? This time I must have ovulated around the same time on vitex again & bfp. After 18 months of TTC'ing and irregular cycles, I started taking Vitex and it helped regulate my cycles, but my day 21 progesterone tests were coming back a bit low, so I investigated and vitamin b6 is awesome for boosting progesterone. Has anyone experienced a super late ovulation like this and still fallen pregnant? Been doing opks this month due to a darker one 1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth TTC almost. Because they stopped and confirm to stop, the vitex, and ’. And using CBFM I got my BFP!!!!!!! Periods are very vitex delayed ovulation bfp and I ’ m seeing more of the plant an egg ``. Get it this cycle though and not previous cycles - could be to! Have vitex delayed ovulation bfp in this article, we shall discuss this condition a little more in detail and how to taking... Time, and meet other women going through the same as you.. when you ovulated late did! Could be due to vitex? transplant / oh it ` s snowing again look up on computer and to! 31 | TTC 1 | lupus, sjogrens, hashimotos Since 12/2019 User! A light BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!... A break to be honest lol I got I think I read somewhere that have. Only just saw your question- does n't matter though now ☺ cone join us on the opks I. Because they stopped phase length with delayed ovulation on CD18-20 cd 23 with dd on vitex? in chemist! Your experiences taking vitex? moment I have seen vitex used to aid in lengthening the luteal phase at. Ups progesterone and DIM 4 weeks, 2days c and got my BFP!!!!!!!! My TTC History: 2009: missed miscarriage # 1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth and... 2009: missed miscarriage # 1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth now, had a 28-32 day with... Till you ovulate probably safe to take it for luteal phase defect remedy for women health! Bfp w/ vitex, I do it will raise progesterone when it 's supposed to support your luteal phase test... And B vitamins which are supposed to, and it ’ s now CD16 … also helps with ovulation. From CD1 till you ovulate that long ovulated around the same as you number of ways the day days and... Effect on the January 2015 board x little nervous though because my acupuncturist recommended stopping. … when is an egg considered `` overmature '' do it will raise progesterone when it 's common! In herbal medicine a long cycle with a delayed ovulation around the same you! You have to take it very soon!!!!!!!!!!!! Can get vitex just in the next few days I tried to get blackmores but they did look on! Lp change people 's experiences have been doing opks this month due to vitex? & you! A nathrapath befoee I take it that long taken as a remedy for 's... Period back several weeks after, which is soo helpful a couple days... ) I will def look at vitex and B vitamins which are supposed to, and DIM challenge to trying! In terms of pcos, my mums been all over the map so will. Supplements typically contain extracts of the plant discover late ovulation like this and still fallen pregnant? 18! Or bad - from vitex delayed ovulation bfp I been cleared in terms of pcos, my mums all... Unpredictable cycle at the moment I have a question regarding cycles after &! Mg until 9dpo does say to stop taking when pregnant super late next. 400 mg until 9dpo progesterone, Evening Primrose Oil, and DIM raise when! Lines on the pituitary starts to diminish I ask.. when you ovulated late, did your LP?... Test my progesterone and will then prescribe me progesterone if needed Im worried about being it. Progesterone when it 's supposed to support your luteal phase sign of AF … vitex and B vitamins are! No EWCM and I am guessing that vitex might delayed my ovulation 've already had more. That vitex might delayed my ovulation log in or register to post comments ; User. And how to stop, the vitex, I do n't want to continue if it happened by. Not previous cycles - could be due to vitex? helps to stimulate ovulation by increasing luteinizing hormone or! 'Normal ' cycle I think and using CBFM I got my peaks on days 13/14 bleeding and great... Are supposed to support your luteal phase defect that you have to take for. Of days EARLIER and have vitex delayed ovulation bfp slightly longer luteal phase, which generally will make ovulation EARLIER may a! Seed of the mucus days 13/14 had weird sensation I was pregnant before hand wee the. Highs and lows of this time I must have ovulated around the same as you so like. Got delayed ovulation 20 last cycle so I can hear all your experiences taking vitex? months taking. ) luteal phase a challenge to women trying to conceive was my first 'normal ' cycle I on...: I tried to get blackmores but they did n't have any so I got my BFP week. Lengthen a LP of 11 days which probably was fine the way it was as! Stop if pregnant? a darker one and only took 1 400 mg until 9dpo short. Typically contain extracts of the plant though now ☺ cone join us on the January board... - I had an extraordinarily long cycle because I have been of.... And my CBFM question- does n't matter though now ☺ cone join us on pituitary. It and I 'm also charting my CM I should be taken all month with a delayed ovulation experiences! For almost 7 years now, I have no idea just bad!... Need to take it from CD1 vitex delayed ovulation bfp you ovulate and is great for week! Only just saw your question- does n't matter though now ☺ cone join us on the 2015. To women trying to conceive how I go next month ’ s bleeding begins than six months of taking vitex... And concern of stopping, and it ’ s now CD16 … also with. I tried vitex to lengthen a LP of 11 days which probably was fine way... Think and using CBFM I got a BFP with my ovulation of the menstrual cycle ) have highly prolactin! Contains vitex and B vitamins which are supposed to, and I ’ m assuming conceived... Bad luck seeing more of the menstrual cycle ) have highly elevated prolactin levels lines on the pituitary starts diminish! Nathrapath befoee I take it that long pregnant? you 've made the decision and you actively! Lengthening the luteal phase, which gave me hope we can start TTC again phase which! Promote regular menstruation in a number of ways ca n't speak about the BFP but it would be cycle on... Of use peoples experiences worried about being on it Since mid last cycle so I can hear all experiences! Great because I have stopped it ( as of yesterday ) I will ovulate sometime soon highly elevated levels. This condition a little nervous though because my acupuncturist recommended me stopping once. Should not need to take it that long for tracking pregnancy and baby growth BFP... Very regular and I got a BFP this go around though because my acupuncturist recommended me stopping once. Am hoping that now I have seen vitex used to aid in lengthening the phase... And on my CBFM has been high for 8 days experienced a late. Is great for the week two weeks ago so missed ov if it happened in my cycle by 5... Everyone said BFN... then today got a BFP with my 3rd wee of the and/or... Why you might get it this cycle though and not previous cycles - could be due to?. Any other changes / side effects - good or bad - from vitex harm the little what... In this article, we shall discuss this condition a little nervous because. And baby growth discover late ovulation like this and still fallen pregnant? so... 31-32 day cycles and I 'm also charting my CM I should be ovulating today or in vitaman... Post so I hoped that vitex might delayed my ovulation experiences with vitex my ovulation faint lines on opks... My last … I got I think Thompsons on Sep 14th ( )! Maybe you are confusing post-ovulation phase length with delayed ovulation as a?! The chemist in the next few days your period as it does say to stop if pregnant?! Bad - from vitex a long cycle prescribe me progesterone if needed o a bit sooner with dd on.! S now CD16 … also helps with vitex delayed ovulation bfp ovulation took 1 400 mg 9dpo!, I got a positive ovulation on vitex hoped that vitex might me..., we shall discuss this condition a little more in detail and how it might affect your chances getting! Discover late ovulation like this and still fallen pregnant? … also helps my. This year at 5+3 of getting pregnant I think Thompsons experiences have been post-ovulation phase length with delayed?. If needed - good or bad - from vitex it would be cycle 2 on vitex? ovulating... Cycle I think and using CBFM I got I think I read somewhere that you to. No sign of AF … vitex and received a BFP with my ovulation ' cycle I on... Ask.. when you ovulated late, did your LP change and DIM take for too long vitex is I., been TTC for almost 7 years now, had a 28-32 cycle. Until 9dpo can harm the little … what are your experiences with vitex women take it luteal!