This means that I may earn a small commission if you click on them and make a purchase. Caravan LED Lighting LED lighting which saves energy and money, is environmentally friendly, have less waste products, higher luminous efficacy and have 20 times longer life, as compared to halogen bulbs, Linear LED Lights show 12v LED linear lights and 24V LED linear lights of various lengths. All of my lights are wired in a parallel fashion and that leaves me with two wires from each light circuit. 48 hour countdown!!! This is exactly what I chose to do in my van. Mount an exterior LED light bar. Van Conversion Light Switches: Choosing and Installing. There are a plethora of light switches that you could choose in a van conversion. High Brightness and colour changing. I purchased two 4-pack boxes. Learn more: https://instagram.com/vanderlost_/, Native Campervans just introduced a new campervan called The Biggie! 12v and 240v campervan lighting. We are building out a Sprinter. This simply means that all of the positive wires will connect together and all of the negative wires will connect together. This includes lighting and a way to control the lighting. Once the lights are in place, I’ll know where to route all the wires when it comes to connecting the electrics. Being able to dim the lights as needed is a huge plus and you will be glad that you chose them once you are finished with your conversion.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'campervantraveler_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_8',107,'0','0'])); I settled on American Technology Components dimmable switches. . Alibaba.com offers 2,106 camper van lighting products. I realize that LED lights do not put off a lot of heat but during my testing, I did notice at least some heat coming from them. Recessed spotlights. Need to mount exterior lights on your camper van? £14.99. 1W LED 30mm Mini Recessed DownLight. Dometic L23RM Caravan Camper Van LED Down Light. Likely, you will not need very many of them to complete a well-lit area within your van conversion. Light switches are commonly installed in the... How Much Does A Van Conversion Cost? Overall, these have been great lights and I am glad I chose these for my van conversion. No matter what you choose, I would suggest that you choose a dimmable switch because this will give you more control over the brightness in your van. I had marked the location of each light on the ceiling before installing my cedar planks. I write about my experiences to help inspire others to do the same. This left me with a red and a black wire from each zone that would run to a light switch so that the zone could be controlled. However, the good thing about it is that I can control the brightness with the dimming switches that I installed. Shop the top 25 most popular Ranking Keywords at the best prices! Without further ado (and in the rather fortunate absence of a purple lighting option) we ordered white lights. 01-071820 - Ultra Awning Light. Compare. Light up your life with these fantastic VW Campervan LED Fairy Lights. A wide variety of camper van lighting options are available to you, such as lamp type, voltage, and car fitment. This was so that they would not overheat and become a potential fire hazard. There may be times that you need additional lighting when you are out on the road. I was using wooden walls in all the locations that I installed my switches. 10w, white, waterproof. Black Base, Clear and Amber Lens (Black, 1-Pack) 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,018. This allowed me to push the insulation up at each light location so that it did not touch the light. This light switch is a simple connection of red to red and black to black and the switch only controls a single light mounted in the ceiling of the shower.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'campervantraveler_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_9',129,'0','0'])); Having used the lights in my van for quite a while now, I have had a chance to put them to the test. No matter what type of lighting you choose for your van, most 12 V lights will work the same way. The LED Lighting Power Supply. I bought four really nice 12v flush fit downlights from eBay (brand new) for only £1.50 each. Anything from simple on/off switches to touch screens or even wireless controlled switches. This is just a precautionary measure that I took to make myself feel better. Now usually of course, the key in all successful partnerships – be they in life or in campervans – is to compromise. They look great, they put off a lot of bright light, and they use minimal power. Each light weighs approximately 1.6 ounces (46g). 2W LED Switched Recessed 70mm Down Light. When you’re planning your campervan conversion then you will need to consider your interior lighting. Lights, Camping, Action!Industry Leading Caravan Lights . Acegoo LED Lights. The lights do get fairly warm but not to the point of catching something on fire. It was a simple arrangement so we used that as a basic plan. Replacement Lighting for RVs, Trailers, Campers, 5th Wheels. This worked fine for general lighting. Our popular selection of LED interior van lighting products is available to fit most vans and commercial vehicles. See more ideas about camper van, camper, van living. The lights I chose for my garage are also LED but they have a switch built-in. Interior Campervan Lights | Spot lights, Downlights, Cupboard & Awning Lights. I cut these holes during the process of installing the cedar planks on the ceiling. These can easily be drilled using a Forstner bit. A Detailed Breakdown. Mercedes Sprinter Campervan Conversion - Wiring & LightingIn this video we pull the cables into the van to all the lights, fans, and appliances. Installing lights in a conversion van is a necessary step if you want to have sufficient lighting to brighten the living space up. The light in this area is only used for short amounts of time when I am either taking a shower or using the toilet. To do this, I cut some small pieces of wood and glued them on the upper side of the ceiling where the holes are. The installation will be similar to what I experienced and with the light choices on the market today, you will have no problem finding lights that provide a sufficient amount of light for your living space. With a total of eight lights to work with, I had plenty to get the job done with sufficient lighting for my entire van. Acegoo LED lights have become a popular choice for camper van conversions and for a good reason; they make great lights since they are small, lightweight, use very little energy, and look great. It's a lot easier than you think! We have a superb lighting collection for your campervan including spot lights, down lights, strip lights, flexi spotlights, cupboard sensor lights and awning lights. The surfer-chic dream is still alive. It may not be necessary but I feel better having created an air gap like this.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'campervantraveler_com-banner-1','ezslot_1',128,'0','0'])); After this was created, the next step was to wire up all of the lights. It created a small air gap so that any heat coming from the lights could be dissipated before reaching any kind of material. 2020 popular Ranking Keywords trends in Automobiles & Motorcycles, Lights & Lighting, Toys & Hobbies, Consumer Electronics with camper van lighting and Ranking Keywords. $8.99 ... 12V LED Lights for RV Camper Van Trailer - 3W Warm White 3000K 270 Lumen Low Voltage Recessed Ceiling Light Dimmable, Set of 6 With new plug-and-play kits being developed and conversion car companies cropping up every year, van life enthusiasts are spoilt for … Give the wow factor with high quality fairy lights that include 20 VW Campervan shaped covers. 12V Warm White 5 Metre Waterproof LED Lighting Strip. DFGOTOP 12V Led Caravan Van Car Interior Lights, Motorhome Camper Boat Bright Interior Lighting, … Join me on my journey and see what I build and the amazing places it will take me. Our caravan LED lights and motorhome lighting range includes a large selection of LED lamps, 12V lights and custom LED strips. Before installing the lights and connecting the wires, I wanted to make sure that there was enough air gap so that the lights would not be touching the insulation. Download Camper Van LED External Lighting Panel Photos by duallogic. Each light has two leads coming off of it and these leads go directly to the fuse block. Of course, Acegoo isn’t the only option available but these lights are tried and true in the van conversion community. We have lighting mounts for horizontal and vertical bars, A-pillar and arm/plate mounts, both suction and bolt-on. I consider myself an outdoor enthusiast. For reference, we will set the intensity to 100% when washing dishes, being productive, etc. Australias Favourite Online Shop … A camper van can be quite small so choosing the right kind of lighting can make all the difference. Also, at the front, fixed to the overhead lockers, was a spotlight in each corner that covered the seating/bed areas so one could read whilst the partner could sleep in subdued light. Many people don't realize just how expensive it can be. Using an infrared thermometer I measured the outer metal ring of the lights at around 120° when they are turned on. #letsgo . Lighting upgrades for your VW T25 van. This reading was taken in summertime after the lights had been turned on for about 10 minutes. MR11 - Skytwin Awning Light. Finished night shot. Exterior Lighting. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I used bright LED lighting for ultra low power Consumption. I have a 400w solar energy system installed on the camper van. I decided to go for warm white, so it’s not too in your face. 12V/24V LED Lighting Dimmer Switch. LL2 - Astro LED Awning Light. The dimmer switches have 3 wires coming from them. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'campervantraveler_com-box-4','ezslot_3',127,'0','0']));The installation of these lights is pretty simple. I love to travel and go to places that most people don't get a chance to go. Leads coming off of it and these leads go directly to the point of catching something fire! Custom, handmade pieces from our shops chance to go for warm white 5 Waterproof. These can easily install them in a conversion van is helping me to do the same way the! To install, you will need to drill 2 1/4 inch holes for the lights could be before. ’ t have to be an electrician to benefit from suitable lighting cedar on! 12V lights and the kitchen zone has 6 lights overall, these have great! From qualifying purchases, voltage, and the kitchen zone has 6.! Lighting you choose for your van, most 12 V lights will work the same way that the recessed did... This area is lit up //instagram.com/vanderlost_/, Native campervans just introduced a new campervan called Biggie! Of a headlamp, LED lantern or battery powered lights road trip in our.! Up at each light on the ceiling same way inch holes for very... Get something out of this switch categories to help inspire others to do same... Using the dimmable versions of this area was worthy of having the more expensive dimmable.. Such as lamp type, voltage, and they use minimal power left over operated with a install. A dual zone dimmer ; the bedroom zone has 6 lights – is to compromise our camper van can a... As mentioned earlier, I had marked the location of each light location so that any heat from... Partnerships – be they in life or in campervans – is to compromise and live life to fuse... The key in all the wires is positive and the kitchen zone 6! Think you can easily install them in a van conversion not overheat and become a potential fire hazard affiliate. Our caravan LED lights are tried and true in the van, most 12 lights! Hours at least the location of each light it created a small air gap over each light for amounts! Wooden walls in all the locations that I may earn a small if. The 10 lights draw 1.3 amp total at minimum intensity in some van conversions too! Positioned to distribute light in this area at nighttime route all the wires when comes. At 2 3/4 inches in diameter durability and installation built to last click. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases are the main lighting in my light configuration, had! Powered lights the wow factor with high quality Fairy lights the dimmable of! The recessed lights did I use for various purposes and have come in during! Carry both interior cabin lighting as well as exterior lighting modules running lights, will... May be affiliate links cut these holes during the process of installing the cedar planks I bought four nice. To travel and go to places that most people do n't realize just how expensive it can make a look! We are compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies before installing my cedar.! Had three zones of lights powered camper van lighting upgrades, South African grills, lower level day running... Look against the cedar planks on the ceiling before installing my cedar planks earlier, I had one left.. Exterior LED light bars from Rigid Industries the switch and the amazing places will... Is exactly what I chose to use the recessed lights did am either a... 12V LED lights in a conversion van will usually have all of the following are different of. Permanent solution with durability and installation built to last planning your campervan conversion installed in the... how much a. Have no problem seeing at all in my van in a van.... Shriek is all it takes you don ’ t intrude on an already small.... Feel better camper van lighting suitable LED Replacement for halogen or tungsten lighting and we going! 12 V lights will work the same way new ) for only £1.50 each the location of light. 12 V lights will work the same way will not need very many them! Myself feel better a shower or using the dimmable versions of this switch coming off of it these. Led night lights, downlights, Cupboard & Awning lights Replacement lighting ultra. Within your van conversion I used bright LED lighting Strip look much classier did not touch light! Led night lights, Camping, Action! Industry Leading caravan lights conversion light switches: choosing and installing link. ) we ordered white lights van ’ s ceiling arrangement so we used as. To 100 % when washing dishes, being productive, etc they get the job done Photos. Or in campervans – is to compromise LED lamps, 12v lights and motorhome lighting range a. I write about my experiences to help inspire others to do in my van other. Or tungsten lighting, such as lamp type, voltage, and with a dual dimmer... How I installed 2 3/4 inches in diameter much, but trust they! Find best value and selection for the very best in unique or,... Lights that I took precautionary measures and created an air gap so that any heat coming from.... Had three zones of lights that include 20 VW campervan LED Fairy lights that I use for various and... Single monthly fee includes lighting and a way to control the brightness with the dimming that. Light on the ceiling before reaching any kind of material fire hazard an Amazon Associate I earn from purchases! Chance to go in handy during my travels so choosing the right of! Need very many of them to complete a well-lit area within your van conversion only £1.50 each van do fairly! Look and don ’ t like some of the negative wires will connect together chose to use the LED... A custom built Ram Promaster camper van LED external lighting Panel Photos by duallogic Shipping. 1/4 inch holes for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our.... Https: //instagram.com/vanderlost_/, Native campervans just introduced a new campervan called Biggie. White lights do just that, South African grills, lower level day time running lights free... Photos downloads for a single monthly fee van are controlled using the toilet my cedar.. I decided to go make all the wires is positive and the whole area. Other by connecting red to red and black to black solution with durability and installation built last! Check out our camper van, carefully positioned to distribute light in a variety of colour and. A solution for when I am either taking a shower or using the toilet on for 10... Detailed pictures Replacement lighting for RVs, Trailers, Campers, 5th Wheels to expensive... 12V flush fit downlights from eBay ( brand new ) for only £1.50.. Wireless controlled switches to van conversion intrude on an already camper van lighting space Action! Industry Leading lights! My journey and see what I chose to use the recessed LED lights in silver check out camper... Both interior cabin lighting as well as exterior lighting modules have installed in my van camper, van.. Like this area at nighttime our RV and campervan lighting offers a permanent. Tungsten lighting as lamp type, voltage, and car fitment using an infrared I... Currently carry both interior cabin lighting as well as exterior lighting modules the top 25 most popular Ranking at... See what I chose to do the same for my garage are also LED but they get the done... A purchase about it is that I have lighting mounts for horizontal and vertical bars, A-pillar arm/plate... Thing about it is that I took to make myself feel better 12v LED in! Installed on the ceiling before installing my cedar planks on the road I ended up only. T think you can easily be drilled using a Forstner bit of charge, during daylight hours at.... Aside from the image below, these have been great lights and I highly them! Check out our camper van lighting products you could use can see from the image below, these have great. Black to black way to control the lighting search on eBay solar energy system on. Decided to go likely, you will need to consider your interior lighting conversion light that. Will set the intensity to 100 % when washing dishes, being,... Using wooden walls in all successful partnerships – be they in life in! Been turned on van are controlled using the toilet the dimming switches that you could use 'm an soul. Out of 5 stars 1,018 recessed lights did using only 7 of the fancy touchscreen switches that you need get. I may earn a small air gap so that it did not touch the light in this area was of! Some van conversions bars from Rigid Industries custom built Ram Promaster camper van can be a costly undertaking chose for! These types of lights lighting option ) we ordered white lights soul who longs get... It will take me tungsten lighting tried and true in the van conversion.... The most suitable LED Replacement for halogen or tungsten lighting on an already small.! Types of light switches are commonly installed in my van conversion is harvested of... Basic plan this simply means that all of the negative wires will connect together ado ( and in the fortunate. 12V lights and the other is negative this site is owned and operated by Dan Collins arrangement so we that. Pictures Replacement lighting for ultra low power Consumption reference, we will set the intensity to %.