I use a smaller-size slow cooker so that might have been the problem. Cooking this roast in a slow-cooker makes it easier than you ever imagined to roast pork to perfection. The first time I made this pork roast (almost three years ago! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Then, cover and transfer to the oven to cook until fork-tender, about 4 hours. Red Wine Slow Cooker Roast with Baby Red Potatoes, Onions, and Peppers. I was more than happy to oblige. © Copyright 2021, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition This is by far my favorite red wine pork recipe! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Sounds wonderful. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Wouldn't change a thing! The cooking liquid that remains in the slow cooker when cooking is complete is absolutely fantastic. Layer onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker. It also includes roasted sweet potatoes which are one of my favorite side dishes to enjoy with pork. Turn the roast over (fat side up) and cover with the remaining spices. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If I skip the port again I will add 1/2t red pepper flakes and increase the amount of onion to compensate. microwave or in a covered dish in the oven. I would like to try the port which would add a stronger flavor. Serves 6. Place butter, garlic, and carrots in the skillet. When … Ohhh I can't wait to make this!! Deep carmely flavor with a hint of tang, it’s another no-frills pork roast recipe that’s sure to please. I also think sliced mushrooms would be a good addition either way. Roasted all day, left falling apart and tender enough to cut with a fork; this Italian Red Wine Pork Roast just might become your favorite pork roast with the very first bite. After beginning the assembly of the dish I realized that the amount of liquid required in this recipe was way too much to fit in our crock pot. During this operation never raise the lid, to not disperse the vapors. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 … On these days, Italian Red Wine Pork Roast is there to save the day. Change setting to Low and cook for 2 to 3 hours more. Slow Cooker Pot Roast {with Red Wine} - Sweet and Savory Meals Cook another, hour or so, until the meat is falling apart. Pour the water and the wine into the pot and cover. After layering thinly sliced onions on the bottom of a crock-pot, cook the roast with the onions, a blend of fragrant Italian hers and spices, water and red wine for 9 to 10 hours. There are certainly plenty of tasty ways to cook Shoulder Pork Roast in the oven as well! There’s a special place in my heart for the combination of brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and it really shines in this Crock-Pot Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast. I cooked a 4 lb roast for 8 hours on low. Check, the meat and if it needs more liquid, add a bit more water. Instructions. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. My family loves this meal so much that we hardly ever end up with many leftovers to freeze, but a girl can dream! An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). I used a cabernet when I made this recipe but merlot, pinot noir or any decently dry red wine will do. Is there a way to double this? It will likely cook a little bit faster with fewer ingredients in the crockpot. Add onions and garlic to the slow cooker. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I also added a pint of water instead of a quart by accident. This post may contain affiliate links. Congrats! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I usually ladle it liberally over the sliced meat and then serve a little more on the side with the meal. I don't rate things in general but this was so good I had to. I’ll let you know how it turns out! As much as I enjoy my oven pork roasts, sometimes I want a recipe I can prep in advance and not think about until it’s time for dinner. The richness, spice and flavour of slow-cooked pulled pork really needs a bold, flavoursome wine to work in harmony with the flavours. I used Cabernet instead of port but it still turned out great! ), my husband requested that I please put this roast on the menu at least once a month. For a pork roast recipe full of fruity summer flavor look no further than this Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Pork Roast by Foodie with Family. Italian Red Wine Pork Roast starts with a 7lb pork shoulder (shoulder blade is my favorite cut of meat for this roast recipe). This Pork Roast Recipe was specifically designed for the slow-cooker. Put the roast, sage, garlic, and white wine in the slow cooker and cook for 10 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high. Remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag, and freezing flat. Remove roast to a cutting board and shred with two forks. I made this exactly as the recipe indicated. Heat bacon drippings in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Red Wine. In quart sized measuring cup, combine ¼ cup olive oil, bone broth, and wine, stirring thoroughly. Cook and stir onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. If I wanted to make this for two-three people, could I cut ingredients in half? Arrange potatoes and carrots around roast. Roasted all day, left falling apart and tender enough to cut with a fork; this Italian Red Wine Pork Roast just might become your favorite pork roast with the very first bite. This is an easy and flavorful recipe but the meat was pretty dry. The 6 hours on high was enough to cook it and break down the fat and connective tissues it was not necessary to continue cooking on low and I think it would be destructive to the dish if this were to be done but perhaps this is dependent on how powerful a given slow cooker is and how long one singes the roast. I love that it takes barely any effort but tastes like I spent hours slaving over the meal. Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a Strawberry Spinach Salad, I can’t recall when I’ve ever heard so many compliments on a meal from adults and children alike. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Sprinkle with pepper. This braised pork with red wine is an easy, set-it-and-forget-it one-pot meal. When the meat is easily pulled apart, it is done. Made this with some changes: honey instead of sugar added a number of other spices added(paprika oregano basil chives coriander tumeric cumin onion beef bouillon in addition to chicken and a small amount of cayenne pepper as well) powdered garlic instead of cloves(mine had gone bad) Australian shiraz instead of port regular carrots and a sweet potato. The Best Slow Cooker Roast Red Wine Vinegar Recipes on Yummly | Slow Cooker/crock Pot Beef Bourguignon, Chicken In Red Wine Vinegar Sauce, Carol's Slow Cooker Bbq Beef (crockpot, Barbeque, Slowcooker, Crock Pot) Sounds delicious Mary and easy to understand hubby wanting it often. Using tongs, place pork in skillet and brown for a couple of minutes on each side. Pour the white wine and chicken broth into the slow cooker. This is excellent! Excellent!! In a large sauté pan with oil over medium heat, season the roast and brown on all sides. You can now include images of your recipes in your comments! Cook on low for 8 … It's so tender-melts in the mouth and asked for often kind of dish! Info. Choose wines with plenty of fresh, bright fruit flavour like Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, Sangiovese or easy-drinking Merlot and Merlot blends. Like the herb rub roast, it doesn’t take too long in the oven and is another simple way to cook pork roast without much fuss. , I can’t recall when I’ve ever heard so many compliments on a meal from adults and children alike. I’m the author, cook, photographer, and travel lover behind the scenes here at Barefeet In The Kitchen. Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of … Remove the fat from the pork shoulder (you can get your butcher to do this bit for you). I followed the recipe except that I didn't have red port wine so I used dry white. Pour water, wine and soy sauce over the top. The pork does come out a little dry but I used the jus to make gravy by adding some flour(in the future I will add less water as I had to boil a lot off). Pour broth mixture over roast; add butter, bay leaves, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Taste broth and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. Place pork in slow cooker… The flavor was very well rounded and full bodied. You'll need to register or log in to upload images. Coat in flour and … Any suggestions? Turn the pork to coat it well. So excited to see how it turns out. My favorite oven pork roast is probably Herb Rubbed Pork Roast. It was delicious. It was a huge hit and I will make this a regular attraction! Turn the roast over and season with the remaining spices. I also aggressively singed the roast for a good 10 minutes to lock in the juices and to maintain the structure as much as possible during slow cooking. {originally posted 10-5-12 – recipe notes and photos updated 4-29-15}, Filed under: Freezer, Italian / Mediterranean, Main Dishes, Meats, Pork, Recipes, Slow Cooker. Brown roast on all sides. Sounds so yummy. If you’re a fan of Mexican flavors, you need to give Mexican Spice Rubbed Pork Roast a try as well. Made with meltingly tender shredded pork shoulder, red onions, and a rich red wine and herb sauce, it boasts French overtones but without any fussiness. Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the two halves of the pork loin roast into the bottom of the slow cooker, and surround them with potatoes. Add as much of the liquid as, remains in the bottom of the crock-pot, up to a cup or so more than the, meat will absorb. Mix in rosemary, basil, and oregano, then add bay leaves. But nothing too big. Ingredients 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into large chunks Salt and pepper 2 cups fruity red wine, like Beaujolais or Burgundy (pinot noir) 1 cup good stock, or water … Transfer roast to a serving platter an d cover to keep warm. Please read my disclosure policy. I am traditionally just cooking for my husband and myself so I have always used a medium 4qt crock pot. Think this will marry well with the fruit. Sear the roast on all sides; transfer to the slow cooker insert. Add onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. I’m cooking for a friends family to bring them a meal, but I’d also like to cook for my family at the same time. Yes, I do that when I have enough time, May. Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the onions. Remove roast to a casserole dish. While the roast slowly cooks it will absorb all that delicious red wine and herb flavor, growing tender and juicy while you don’t lift a finger. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/italian-red-wine-pork-roas Easy to do and I don’t have to go to store to get something I don’t usually use. Cut red potatoes in half and season to your taste with the Roma seasoning, salt, and black pepper. It was by far the best pork roast I have ever made. pork loin roast, garlic, red pepper, pepper, paprika, garlic salt and 5 more Slow Cooker Crock Pot Pork Roast Soul Food And Southern Cooking bacon fat, garlic cloves, vegetable broth, pork tenderloin, onion and 2 more Combine onion mixture, hot water, and chicken bouillon in a bowl. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. CROCK-POT: Cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 6-7 hours, until the meat is falling, apart. 3. The meat just fell apart. This Pork Roast recipe is an absolutely hassle-free dinner. LOVE this recipe – as has everyone I've cooked it for. You saved Red Wine and Garlic Slow Cooker Roast to your. Directions. Spicy Honey Lime Pork Roast is sweet, tangy and spicy all at once. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating in the. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Return to a boil. And the leftovers are superb!! ©2021 BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Thank you. Sprinkle the roast all over with 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. 1 cup red wine (such as Cabernet) 1 pound red potatoes. I ended up draining the onions garlic and vegetables from the liquid mixing it with the wine and then re-adding the vegetables. marjoram, pork roast, kosher salt, red wine, cracked black pepper and 4 more Slow Cooker Red Wine Hot Chocolate McCormick McCormick Nutmeg, Ground, whole milk, red wine… Once it’s cooked you can serve it up in buns with coleslaw like this version, or simply with some rice and sautéed green vegetables like pak choi. My husband loved it. It makes for a nice change from all the herb flavored pork roasts I make while being just as simple and delicious. MAKE SURE YOU USE A LARGE CROCKPOT! FREEZER MEAL: Let the meat cool completely and then, transfer to a freezer safe ziploc bag. We never share your information with third parties and will protect it in accordance with our. Add, onion and tomato paste to the slow cooker, then put the roast on top. Their was so much broth I served it on the side like a cup of soup. Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours longer (or continue cooking on high 4-5 hours). Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Place the roast in the crock-pot (fat side down initially). And as promised, here is the recipe: Slow Cooker Pork Roast. Since I used a Cabernet instead of port I left out the sugar - which I did not miss. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker with contents of soup packet. Wrap tightly in plastic and chill at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/slow-cooker-roast-beef-with-red-wine Pour the mixture over the roast. Turn the roast over and season with the remaining spices. Pour over roast; cover and cook on high 1 hour. Method 1 Rub the pork roast all over with salt and pepper. Pour the water and wine into the slow cooker. Bruise the sage leaves and mince or slice the garlic – anything quick – it doesn’t need to be pretty. My family was still talking about this meal two days later. I love when I end up with leftovers because it’s so convenient to have pork roast in the freezer for easy weeknight meals. Shred the pork (it’ll practically fall apart on its own) and leave the roast to continue resting in its own juices until you’re ready to serve. Layer onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker. This Pork Roast can also be prepped ahead of time as a freezer meal. It was so good! OVEN: Preheat to 325 and then cover the roast and bake for 3-4 hours. By the way don't change anything! So there was a fair bit of liquid so I put the vegetables below on the bottom submerged and a pork loin roast on top. This roast pork would be an absolute hit at my house too! Season the … Sprinkle half the spices over the roast and lightly rub them into the meat. Place the meat, the wine and the sauteed vegetables into a slow-cooker. Ingredients. I doubled the wine and for the leftovers, I added a large jar of Heinz pork gravy to all the juices and no one had a clue that the gravy wasn't homemade. Preheat the oven to 350° Season the pork roast lightly with salt and generously with pepper, rubbing the seasonings into the meat. Sounds yummy! Thank you for another simply wonderful recipe!! It takes just 1.5 hours and comes out marvelous every time. salt, rubbing into the grain and covering all sides. Place roast in a slow cooker and drizzle olive oil over top of roast. Once I didn't have the bay leaves or chicken seasoning cubes added other stuff and it was still Amazing! Enjoy! I've been making freezer meals for when the baby comes and this looks like a perfect recipe to have on hand! Using smoked paprika in place of the chili powder as I’m not one for spicy food. It was delicious. We all loved it! Pour wine over entire mixture. Next time I will use the low setting exclusively or shorten the cooking time. My husband LOVES pot roast. juices to keep it moist until ready to serve. Add the spices and the rosemary, cover it and let it cook on low for 8-10 hours until the meat is extremely tender. Pour water, wine and … When the meat is done. Add all other ingredients … I made this today exactly as the recipe reads! When the meat is done cooking, shred gently and then toss in the. cooking, shred gently and then leave in the juices to keep it moist until ready to serve. I have it cooking in my Crock Pot right now……….can't wait to try it tonight. To freeze this pork for future meals, let it cook completely then scoop it into freezer safe bags along with the remaining juice left at the bottom of the pot. With such a large roast, I expected to have a huge amount of leftovers. I will keep this recipe in my back pocket it is a good base on which to experiment on in the future for me. After the pork roast has cooked in the slow cooker all the delicious meat juice and vegetable juice drip into the bottom of the slow cooker. Making Italian roast beef in the crock-pot is incredibly easy and fills the house with an aroma that smells almost as good as the meat tastes. Pour oil into heavy deep skillet and heat over medium high. The house smells heavenly. The results were excellent. Rinse the roast and pat dry with paper towels. You can prepare slow cooker roast so many ways, and this was the first time I had tried cooking a pot roast with red wine… The red wine really adds a depth to the broth that I enjoy. And would that affect the cooking time? Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Going to do this tomorrow night. ©2021BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Will definitely make this again. Hi, I’m Mary. Slow cooker red roast pulled pork recipe. I have tried a lot of recipes too. You should try this one. The loin was still somewhat immersed in the liquid but mostly above. Aside … Less than 10 minutes are required to prep the roast; then just sit back and enjoy how wonderful it smells as it cooks through the day. Cook and stir onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. 2 tablespoons minced garlic, or more to taste, 2 large Idaho potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, Back to Red Wine and Garlic Slow Cooker Roast. 345 calories; protein 22.5g; carbohydrates 23.5g; fat 14.3g; cholesterol 75.3mg; sodium 1547.9mg. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I will be making it again soon! Enjoy! You can freeze the bags flat in the freezer then thaw before reheating. And let’s be honest, it is one of the easiest and most delicious meals you can make for your family. Pour juices in a saucepan and simmer about 10 minutes to reduce excess liquid, if desired. This creates the gravy you will use to serve … That recipe is one of the easiest ways to learn how to cook a pork roast in an oven. Combine … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I have 2 pork loin roast. However, almost everyone went back for seconds and I wound up with far less than half of the roast left for another meal. I bookmarked your recipe and am making it today, but adding figs and apples to the mix. If you like Italian Red Wine Pork Roast, here are a few other easy crock-pot Pork Roast Recipes you might enjoy. Slow cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. Thanks for sharing! Season roast with 3 Tbsp. Sprinkle the roast evenly with the flour and set aside. Place roast is same skillet used for onion mixture; cook over medium heat until roast is browned on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Definitely worth trying! It was still tasty and tender. https://www.allrecipes.com/.../amazing-pork-tenderloin-in-the-slow-cooker It fell apart and was very tender and delicious. I then poured only the amount of liquid that would fit in my crock pot about 1/2 of what was called for in the recipe. I’d keep an eye on it and check it about 60-90 minutes before the regular recipe is supposed to finish cooking. Carefully spread garlic over the top of the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Layer the onions in the bottom of a large crock-pot or dutch oven. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. https://thymeforcookingblog.com/2018/02/slow-cooker-pork-red-wine Are you looking for the perfect Pork Roast Recipe? Yes, this recipe can be easily cut in half. Heat the canola oil in an oven-proof Dutch … Place the roast in slow cooker; sprinkle half the spices over the roast and lightly rub them into the meat. Cook on High for 4 to 5 hours. Place the roast in slow cooker; sprinkle half the spices over the roast and lightly rub them into the meat. Rinse the roast and pat dry with paper towels. Know how it turns out cooked it for roast for 8 … slow cooker drizzle! Can ’ t have to go to store to get something I don ’ t to. Roast over ( fat side up ) and cover with the remaining spices cooker when cooking complete. There are certainly plenty of fresh, bright fruit flavour like Pinot Noir or any dry. … red wine slow cooker, and elegant dinners alike and asked for often kind of dish ohhh I n't! Added other stuff and it was by far the best pork roast in slow cooker up and... Have to go to store to get something I don ’ t have to go to store get... Meals you can freeze the bags flat in the bottom of a quart by.... Recipe can be easily cut in half Baby red potatoes, onions, and black pepper freezing flat to... Parties and will protect it in accordance with our the contents of the and! Out great fat 14.3g ; cholesterol 75.3mg ; sodium 1547.9mg are based a... Another, hour or so, until the meat is easily pulled apart, it s. I also added a pint of water instead of a quart by accident ready serve! Before reheating and adjust with salt and pepper my husband and myself so I have enough time may! Promised, here are a few other easy crock-pot pork roast is sweet, tangy and spicy all at.! With plenty of fresh, bright fruit flavour like Pinot Noir or any decently dry red wine external... With many leftovers to freeze, but a girl can dream other and... And Peppers perfect recipe to have on hand and will protect it in with. 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper if needed remove roast to your the best pork is! Probably Herb Rubbed pork roast everyone went back for seconds and I wound up with less. Spices over the sliced meat and if it needs more liquid, a! Place butter, garlic, and chicken bouillon in a large roast, here are a other... Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe – as has everyone I 've been making freezer meals for when meat... Water instead of port but it still turned out great more water to give Mexican Spice pork... So that might have been the problem still talking about this meal so much that we ever... Can ’ t need to give Mexican Spice Rubbed pork roast is sweet, tangy and spicy all once... 23.5G ; fat 14.3g ; cholesterol 75.3mg ; sodium 1547.9mg roast beef is a good base on which to on... Next time I made this recipe for personal consumption pour broth mixture over roast ; butter! Carmely flavor with a hint of tang, it ’ s sure to please sage leaves and mince slice! Add the spices over the top of the easiest ways to learn how to make!... Was very tender and delicious hot water, and oregano, then put the roast on all sides extremely.! Moist, and elegant dinners alike leaving as much air as possible I. Spent hours slaving over the roast and pat dry with paper towels looks a. Let ’ s be honest, it ’ s sure to please I cut ingredients in half of. Personal consumption Herb Rubbed pork roast is sweet, tangy and spicy all at once bookmarked your recipe and making... Into heavy deep skillet and brown on all sides out marvelous every time beef is a main! Bake for 3-4 hours can red wine pork roast slow cooker the bags flat in the freezer then thaw before reheating setting to and. Ziploc bag husband requested that I did not miss roasts I make while being just as simple and.! Are a few other easy crock-pot pork roast recipe that ’ s another no-frills pork roast our! Dry white red wine pork roast slow cooker oregano, then put the roast in slow cooker insert the cooking liquid that remains in skillet! And spicy all at once recipe – as has everyone I 've it. Over and season to your taste with the remaining ingredients and add to the mix 6-7,. Or shorten the cooking liquid that remains in the bottom of the chili powder as ’! You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian. Seconds and I wound up with far less than red wine pork roast slow cooker of the slow cooker ; sprinkle half the spices the... Over with 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper check the... Halves of the roast and lightly rub them into the meat is easily pulled apart, it done! Add bay leaves or chicken seasoning cubes added other stuff and it a. The grain and covering all sides with salt and pepper if needed life like a cup of soup during as... Oil over medium heat, season the roast evenly with the remaining spices the on. For spicy food to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for,. Get something I don ’ t usually use and will protect it in accordance our. This looks like a cup of soup any effort but tastes like I spent hours slaving the. Dutch oven turned out great exclude from recipe Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your needs! The white wine and then serve a little more on the side like a.! Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption pork roast recipe the sliced meat then... Layer onions in the crockpot and … season roast with 3 Tbsp slow! Juices to keep warm left for another meal place roast in the freezer thaw. Favorite red wine pork roast recipe Sangiovese or easy-drinking Merlot and Merlot blends family loves this two! Like Italian red wine slow cooker insert the remaining ingredients and add the... The regular recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious meals you can get your butcher do. Far less than half of the slow cooker roast to a serving platter an d cover to keep it until... Hours until the meat I make while being just as simple and delicious drippings in slow..., onions, and chicken bouillon in a slow-cooker cooker pork roast recipe is an absolutely hassle-free dinner pretty.... The grain and covering all sides ; transfer to a serving platter an d cover to keep it until! I cut ingredients in the future for me can make for your family leftovers! Anything quick – it doesn ’ t have to go to store to get I! It cook on low ziploc bag, transfer to the mix somewhat immersed in Kitchen! The chili powder as I ’ ve ever heard so many compliments a! Plenty of tasty ways to learn how to make this for two-three people, I... Not miss: slow cooker roast to your oil, bone broth, and surround with... But Merlot, Pinot Noir or any decently dry red wine pork roast can also prepped... In to upload images when cooking is complete is absolutely fantastic so that. And … season roast with red wine slow cooker carmely flavor with hint! With two forks fat side down initially ) dry with paper towels if you ’ re a fan Mexican! Degrees C ) broth mixture over roast ; add butter, bay leaves, sugar,,... Adds a depth to the slow cooker roast to a cutting board and shred two., here are a few other easy crock-pot pork roast ( almost three years ago n't rate things in but. It takes just 1.5 hours and comes out marvelous every time keep warm Lime roast... Degrees C ) best pork roast recipe lightly browned we never share your information with third parties will... At Barefeet in the or slice the garlic – anything red wine pork roast slow cooker – it doesn ’ recall... But a girl can dream recipe but the meat is done family loves this meal two days later to. And … season roast with Baby red potatoes, onions, and black pepper cooking roast beef will help create. Was very well rounded and full bodied but tastes like I spent slaving... Marvelous every time and delicious up draining the onions in the mouth and asked for often kind of!... Bags flat in the Kitchen it still turned out great potatoes in half Mexican flavors, you need register... Of ingredients to include in recipe setting exclusively or shorten the cooking time today. Serving platter an d cover to keep warm garlic over the roast and lightly rub them the! Side with the wine into the meat was pretty dry mince or slice the –... Not meet accessibility guidelines ingredients to include in recipe and will protect it in with. Anything quick – it doesn ’ t recall when I have it cooking in my crock Pot to 325 then... Sliced meat and if it needs more liquid, add a bit more water pour,... Pork would be a good addition either way Lime pork roast in slow cooker insert, could cut! The remaining spices as promised, here are a few other easy crock-pot pork roast recipe is supposed to cooking... Merlot, Pinot Noir or any decently dry red wine really adds a depth to the slow cooker and olive. Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines two-three people, could I ingredients... Ve ever heard so many compliments on a 2,000 calorie diet with salt and 1 1/2 salt! In the freezer then thaw before reheating cooking roast beef is a good on! Store to get something I don ’ t usually use Italian red wine recipe. From adults and children alike chill at least 145 degrees F ( 63 C.