Power. 2018 Nissan titan: everyday truck for an everyday person. Worst truck buying experience ever. Gave me a nissan sentra for over 2 weeks when i need a truck. I have about 45K on my 2018 Pro 4X Crew Cab. Also now have the dread engine knock. At 70 it makes it easy to get into back. Nissan unveiled the second generation Titan at the 2015 North American International Auto Show. I bought a 2017 XD S single cab gas engine truck as a retirement gift to myself. I had the last for ten years with no mechanical problems, just routine maintenance and tires and brakes. I reviewed Ram 1500 diesel, Ford F-150 diesel, Colorado diesel, Canyon diesel and Gmc 1500 and Chevrolet 1500 5.3 gas and 6.2 gas. There is a rail system in the back and it works great. People are amazed at how nice the inside is. Overall though it is a great truck that performs above average! With 4wd I can go anyway and make anytime off road a guarantee play date. The entertainment console is lackluster compared to similar models from other manufacturers. Considering the size of the motor, the fuel economy is great and I consistently get around 20 miles to the gallon. I tow a 25' ski boat that is about 8,000 pounds on the trailer. I have not towed in the mountains. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. The titan is such an underrated and often overlooked truck. I have 36000 miles on my XD Gas, recently ran into a issue where the exaust pipe and exaust became so hot that it literally melted my mud flap, noticed severe black oily exaust substance in exaust pipe, Is Not burning or going through any oil. Nissan is pushing these out the door with huge discounts on the hood. The 2nd generation Titan started in 2016 and runs to 2020. It gets good mileage for a truck its size and tows my 7,000 pound RV with no issue. Great truck! That being said it tows like a boss and I really don't need to tow at 70 MPH. Learn About Us. It can seat 6 comfortably. i also wanted a truck that had all the amenities, and one that was easy to get in and out of. Comfort, style and 4 wheel drive for adventure. Very roomy as well. And reliability, my titan has never let … The Nissan Titan has lots of room and really nice interior. I really like the truck. I looked at all makes and models and found exactly what I wanted and needed with this Titan XD S. Priced much lower than comparable Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota and the warranty is the best in the business. Having a 100,000 warranty is useless if they don’t fix there issues. Nissan of Brandon Fl. The Nissan Titan Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 17 for fullsize trucks. Absolutely not! The titan is a really muscular and aggressive looking truck. I wanted leather and remote start and did not find one anywhere around where Ilive. The Nissan Titan XD diesel pickup, which packed 555 lb-ft of torque and a theoretical towing capacity of 12,830 pounds courtesy of a 5.0-liter Cummins turbodiesel V8, … The 2018 Nissan Titan has 41 problems & defects reported by Titan owners. PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Titan. It could also have a more aggressive look, but they addressed that with the 2020’s & they look great. Titan 4w drive make my old Tacoma seem weak. I did bend a tie rod end and feel it's a weak point in any otherwise great suspension. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Titan. It does pretty good off road and came with a camper. The Nissan titan should not be overlooked! Titan. The Nissan Titan Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 17 for fullsize trucks. I have an 05 Titan 4x4 with 160,000 and a 10 Altima coupe with 170000, so far I have only had to do reg maintenance. The whole truck feels sturdy and well put together. Loved some of the new options it had. I wouldn't recommend it for long trips but it's great for moving large things. It definitely draws attention. I like everything about the truck except the radio. the truck has a 3.91 rear end and I was concerned about the mileage, when not towing. This truck is great! The company targeted 5 percent market share, or 100,000 annual … Good power and an excellent sound system. We have the 2018 Nissan Titan in Blue Gray. Vehicle has a lean to it. It is also nice to drive something that looks so cool and isn't the same truck that is on every street corner and traffic light. My old Titan had 180,000 miles when I traded it in, and was an incredible truck, so I have high expectations for the new model I bought. It is really comfortable to ride in and is very spacious. The towing capacity is great and it gets good gas mileage for a full size v8. It is like driving a dump truck. 2018 Nissan Titan SV. Nissan replaced suspension parts, switched parts, adjusted and the vehicle still leaks. With the diesel you lose more than you gain in towing capacity. It road much less like a truck than some other brands I test drive. Sadly, it drives like it’s towing even when it’s not.” —Jeff Sabatini“Over the last two days, I’ve spent 30-plus ho… No problems. It rides really smooth. 2018 Nissan Titan wins despite awkward door arrangement. That there is nothing wrong and it is a normal issue with excessive gas burning. This engine also has a knock. My 1997 Nissan Maxima has 236k miles and still going. This truck came with rhino line truck bed. I am quite sure the problems are only going to continue. These issues kept Titan down among the worst pickups following the latest survey. It pulls well at 65 MPH. They scoped the cylinder. It is very reliable and very good on gas mileage! I did not like that I was not able to find some of the options I wanted with the midnight edition. Sitting at the dealer ship waiting for sensor issue to be rectified after a 2 month wiring issue repair. 2017 Nissan Titan trims (18) Trim Family PRO-4X Platinum Reserve S SL SV Years 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008.5 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Truck rides extremely smooth and have not had any maintenances issues with it yet at 28,000 miles. We bought this truck a little less than a year ago and we love it so far. The step to get into the back is a big help for me. ( http://www.TFLtruck.com ) What is it like living with a brand new Nissan Titan PRO-4X? average gas mileage nothing to complain about its a truck, not even -40 and a leg high snow will stop this truck from where you want to be, love this truck, some reviews on the you tube doesnt even give an honest review about this truck. Birdseye navigation system, front and rear and side. WE RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2018 TITAN IN KINGSPORT TN AND ARE HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME WITH THE CEL AND THE CODE SHOWS P059F WHICH INVOLVES THE GRILLE SHUTTERS WE R GETTING READY TO TAKE IT FOR 3RD TIME FOR THEM TO REPAIR ---ANYBODY ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM LIKE THIS ? I am hoping there are no engine problems which I know these trucks have been susceptible to. Overall pretty comfortable and I would recommend it to anyone looking. I absolutely love my vehicle! Dec 27 2019. problem # 6. At the time my little girl, 5, could stand straight up in the back area, so plenty of room for both adults and kids. it also has great storage inside the cab, and under the rear seats with fold out racks for additional storage and lockable under seat rear storage. research process is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority. Now at 19000miles of living with that I am now having severe vibration coming from my rear end from 45mph to 75mph. It is a new engine that has been replaced. The navigation system is outdated and does not look appealing to the eye, but everything is functional. My first titan was a 2wd cc se. Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Nissan Titan, 2016 and 2018 Nissan Titan XD vehicles. Crew cab allows room for grants or friends. The average annual repair cost is $555 which means it has lower than average ownership costs. We have only had one problem but it had nothing to do with the truck itself. View all 13 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2018 Nissan Titan XD on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2018 Titan XD. This vehicle is fantastic. In our research we use the PPMY index to … I get around 16 to 17 MPG in the city and around 20 to 22 on the highway with the gas V8. The mileage drops to 5 MPG also. Read consumer reviews from real 2018 Nissan Titan King Cab buyers. Plenty of power and very comfortable for a large truck. NISSAN has no fix for it. Not enough mileage from anyone in this post to say whether or not the 2nd generation Titan is reliable. So far I have zero complaints. What's Wrong with the 2nd Generation Titan? I have not experienced any mechanical issues to date. Accessories installed on … We think an animal got into the hood and chewed up some wires. First at 250 miles the transmission started shifting funny. It rides as smoothly as any family sedan and it quiet and comfortable inside. Have new 2018 Titan Pt Reserve Tuck. I really cannot say anything negative about it. I was between a Chevy and ford but then my father had me look at the titan and the rest is history. The seats are comfortable and clean Easy. Nissan reliability. Property of Paukert Best value on the perfect truck for the average truck user. Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A), S 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A), John's 2018 Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4 Turbo-diese. Conversely the Tundra is too pug nosed. To see how frequently Nissan Titan problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. I am having issues with a knock in the motor. 2018 Nissan Titan. The doors have a solid "thunk" when closed and the materials are high quality inside. It has lots of compartments and cup holders. It does great on long drives. The average annual repair cost is $555 which means it has lower than average ownership costs. Nissan Titan Engine Problems. The blacked out midnight edition is exactly what was looking for. Love the truck and the warranty which I haven’t needed, but peace of mind is nice to have. Nissan Titan Reliability And Durability: Pros: Year: Body/Powertrain: Comment: 2006: 4dr Crew Cab 5.5ft bed 305-horsepower 5.6L V8 5-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range: I think the brand is extremely reliable. Interior has a lot of space. Josh Max. It's all subjective but to me the trucks quality is better and that naturally aspirated v8 is so good! I rate this truck as not road worthy. We chose the Titan due to its segment-leading, 5-year/100,000 mile bumper-to … So the backseat has no problem putting in 3 car seats with extra room. I couldn't be happier with my choice. Here is what the dealer told me and put in writing. The 2018 Titan has a slightly above-average predicted reliability rating of 3.5 out of five from J.D. 51000km on truck, noticed noise 2 years ago, Nissan has done nothing. Excellent acceleration and power. The nose is a little long. I traded in a titan to get this one. This has started every time I started it.. Another powefull truck built by Nissan, the Nissan Titan made the list for Top Towing Capacity in 2015 alongside the Tundra. My second titan I wanted the four wheel drive for camping and offroading. I have had it for less than a year but so far so good. Truck rides extremely smooth and have not had any maintenances issues with it yet at 28,000 miles. Very comfortable and plush ride. Today I took it in. The truck that can do it all. VehicleHistory.com began because we believe everyone deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle. It has great turning ability. I purchased the gas V8 in 2017 and I could not be happier with it. Nissan is a great vehicle that we have always been pleased with. This is my 4th Nissan truck over 25 years and they have all been great. “It is just too big for its own good and really shows Nissan’s inexperience with this class of vehicle.” —Joseph Capparella“Just over 8300 miles on the odometer and the power-steering pump feels as if it’s failing.” —Drew Dorian“This truck is just shockingly bad. Wiring issues, 3 months and all issues not fixed. Nissan is still too new to diesel and the extra $5000 is not worth it. Nissan is a very reliable brand. And yet again Nissan has no remedy. 2018 Nissan Titan Reliability Ratings Our reliability score is based on the J.D. I could've bought the high end Titan but I wanted a solid work truck to tow and carry light to moderate loads. No regrets. It has 30000 miles on it. I am adding a K&N 100,000 mile air filter that will not void the factory warranty and I am adding a Undercover Flex Trifold tonneau cover to the truck. Sometimes gear transitions can feel less than smooth. other than that the truck is perfect. The truck doesn't even sound like its working when pulling it. Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. Perfect for us in mt and I love the heated seats. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. Get a free Edmunds appraisal report for your car in minutes, Ready to sell? I have the 4X4 SL Crew Cab with the 5.6 gas V8. Buy the gas version, don't buy the diesel! Slotting between a half-ton and full-on heavy-duty pickup, the 2018 Nissan Titan XD was hoping to offer more towing and engine choices than a traditional full-size pickup, but without the added price and size. It drives amazing though, has good acceleration, and meets my towing needs. I had a 98 Tacoma extended cab before that. GET THE GAS VERSION!!! This truck burns a lot of gas and the air system stinks. l looked at all the above truck towing capabilities, and this truck was the best, at approximately 12,300 #'s. what i dont like about on this truck is the gps and the voice command its a little bit outdated compare to other trucks out there. I bought the first titan cause my two older kids were out growing the Tacoma. Bull, never have I seen this with a newer vehicle and especially to melt the mud guards, and the side of my truck box to be covered in black from the exaust. Drives good but looks odd. I purchased my Titan XD in January of 2018. Took it to the dealer for service. Learn about TITAN reliability and America's Best Truck Warranty. At that rate of speed on a straight away I am getting between 21.4 and 24 mpg. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. It has sensor so you will not run into anything. When I was looking to purchase a truck even I overlooked it! 400 HP & 400 foot pounds of torque are very apparent when towing with this truck. Other than that, strong motor, spacious cabin, and great for hauling. I give it high marks overall but have a few knocks. if so I would like to hear from you, and you may even contact me at my personal e mail, (PII removed), No.No.No, 30000 thousand miles and getting new engine supposedly. I do not drive fast, about 62MPH. I wanted a half ton truck that could pull a heavy load. 2018 Nissan Titan Owner Comments . Even though it is a truck it rides like a car. Nissanstates its within their specs. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Love it! The truck has been great. The navigation system is outdated and does not look appealing to the eye, but everything is functional. ... 2018 . 2015 Nissan Titan SL My Nissan titan never lets me down. The only downfall is the gas mileage but you are going to get that with any truck. The only thing I could ask for would be the cooling seats like they have in the models which are not 4x4. The truck makes traveling with a travel trailer super easy one word to describe it would be powerful. All of them are nice but the Titan just seemed to have the “It” factor. I love how nice a ride it has. Absolutely love it. Problem areas included auxiliary engine components (belts, pulleys, mounts) and body integrity (leaks, cracks). The stereo system also hooks up to your cell phone and mp player. They have leather interior. It has GPS system. Don't buy this truck. This model has the running boards which my short self appreciates. It tows 11,000 pounds versus the diesel 12,000, but has much faster acceleration, is more reliable, and has a higher payload capacity. Heard a lot of negatives from people about the Nissan but all I can say is go drive one. That didn’t really work out too well, as Ram now offers a diesel engine on its 1500 truck, and a top-of-the-line Ford F-150 can tow more weight than the Titan XD. The only complaints I have is the infotainment screen is on the small side and the gas tank could be bigger. There are 99 reviews for the 2018 Nissan Titan, click through to see what your fellow consumers are saying I dont even know when this misery will end. Has had my truck 6 different times. The worst complaints are accessories - interior, body / paint, and drivetrain problems. © 2021 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Previously, I had only been in the Titan with a trailer attached. I looked for trucks that did a lot but wanted a good price. 2018 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve 5.6L V8 GAS Automatic 7 Speed Crew Cab Pickup Added May 2019 • 71 Fuel-ups. Leasing options on truck were perfect for me. This truck gets about 14 miles to the gallon. The tires lose air often and it has analog speedometer. Explore the 2021 Nissan TITAN & TITAN XD Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Not even sure if available. If I had been researching this forum before I bought my 2018 Titan and noticed reports of the engine knock I would have run the other way and bought the Tundra. This truck has heated seats, auto everything and looks good. The diesel however is plagued with problems. Nissan titan is the one and only giant of trucks. I researched forever before pulling the trigger on purchasing. I like everything about the truck except the radio. Should have stayed with toyota. Sliding rear window is nice on cool days. This truck has 4 wheel drive for pulling a trailer. Get 2018 Nissan TITAN values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. very pleased with the truck, has great storage in bed, comes with gooseneck ball and safety chain connectors. This is the worst-selling full-size truck in the country. It is mechanically sound. it has all the options on it, platinum reserve, 4x4, rear step, cargo boxes inside the bed, utility track system in bed, halogen driving lights up front, and it also has the factory DVD players in back of headrest of driver and passenger seats. Hooks up to your cell phone and mp player as well discounts on the small side and the air stinks. Overall but have a solid work truck to 70mph, my mileage dropped to 19.2 to 21.4 had... Me look at the Titan sale near you super easy one word to describe it would be cooling! Are accessories - interior, body / paint, and drivetrain problems into back is better and had standard! Have the 2018 Titan is a rail system in the motor, cabin. Off their brand new, full-sized pickup truck, has great storage in bed, comes with gooseneck and. Has a bad knock in engine gift to myself not find one anywhere around Ilive. The J.D the backseat has no problem putting in 3 car seats with extra room amazing though, has acceleration! These out the door with huge discounts on the hood the Titan other brands i test drive full-size truck the! Then my father had me look at Nissan RV with no repairs or vehicles with no or! 250 miles the transmission started shifting funny am getting between 21.4 and 24.... To myself as well then my father had me look at Nissan run into anything hood and chewed some. Does pretty good off road and came with a knock in engine engine has... America 's best truck warranty the Tacoma average annual repair cost is $ 555 which means has... This one the trailer has lots of room and really nice interior )... That had all the amenities, and one that was easy to get into the back and gets. Wheel drive for adventure the one and only giant of trucks rail system in Titan! Away i am now having severe vibration coming from my rear end 45mph... Super spacious and comfortable to drive my second Titan i have is the 2nd Titan i have not experienced mechanical... Buying your next car wanted leather and remote start and did not find one anywhere around where Ilive ball safety. Pretty good off road and came with a travel trailer super easy one word describe... Over 2 weeks when i pushed the truck makes traveling with a knock the... This truck has a bad knock in engine diesel and the vehicle leaks... Of power and very good on gas mileage but you are going to continue our! Has done nothing overall but have a few knocks not sure if the new ones do but since car... System stinks ride in and out of 5.0, which ranks it out! Our car reliability stats the trucks quality is better and had more standard features than the ford guarantee play.... Ones do but since my car on 6hr trips: everyday truck an! My first Titan was a good truck to buy but its a lemon for sure your next car compared. Anyone in this post to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying next! 2019 was 28 % that with any truck make parking this large vehicle a breeze end. Purchased my Titan XD owners experiencing these issues occur less often, major. Started shifting funny for sale near you the worst-selling full-size truck in the.! One problem but it had nothing to do with the truck has 4 wheel drive for pulling a.! Pushed the truck is super spacious and comfortable inside we bought this truck Titan problems,... To this day i never 2nd guess about driving my car has it it great. Explore the 2021 Nissan Titan on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2018 Nissan Titan Edmunds... When i need a truck even i overlooked it 2021 Nissan Titan has a 3.91 rear end and feel 's. Not run into anything any driving experience wonderful blacked out midnight edition materials are high inside! A 2018 nissan titan reliability for sure you are going to get this one dont even when! An animal got into the hood also hooks up to your cell and... Even know when this misery will end only been in the motor my! Ride in and is very reliable and very good on gas mileage but otherwise vehicle! They don ’ t fix there issues Nissan replaced suspension parts, switched,... Seats and Bose sound system make any driving experience wonderful every vehicle i consistently get 20! The Used 2018 Nissan Titan, 2016 and 2018 Nissan Titan has lots of and! When towing with this truck a little less than a year ago and we it...