Lesson. Theme: Discipleship. You may need to keep smelling salts handy to revive those overwhelmed by the excitement. Here are 10 object lessons we've used in recent months to teach kids about giving. They can learn that when they see someone in need of help… Each week in our children's ministry service, we take a minute before the offering time to teach the kids a lesson about giving. At some point in our lives, we all will need the help of another. We love object lessons because Jesus used object lessons! Take a knife and cut the broccoli in half lengthwise. Script and video example included. 4 Simple (But Impactful!) Object: A stalk of fresh broccoli. Object lessons are powerful tools to teach long-lasting lessons. Then we can go and help the other person overcome what they face in … We are seeking to give them a foundation of generosity, so they can experience a lifetime of the blessings and joy of being a giver. Giving is a very important concept in Christianity. Object lesson time! Main Idea: We are stronger together, the church is a group of friends who help each other follow Jesus. We compiled 52 Bible object lessons for kids that you can use in Sunday School or Children's Church. When you use a familiar object to illustrate a Biblical truth, the lesson sticks, no matter if you're an adult or a kid. But often times we have an even bigger problem in our own life, the board, and that gets in the way of us helping others. Show kids a large stalk of broccoli. Oftentimes, to really enjoy something, we have to give it away. Sunday School Object Lessons: “Concept of Giving” ... Let the children come up and help arrange the flowers. Try this simple object lesson to teach children the importance of the church community in their lives. Lesson 13: Helping Others When We’re Helping “Give My Heart Away” Heart First grade page 108 Lesson 13: Helping Others. Object Lesson (Hold up the piece of sawdust.) Children can learn early on that helping others is the responsible and right thing to do. Tell them they have one minute to write down as many of their friends and family as they can think of. Children’s Ministry Object Lessons 1. Items Needed: Several heavy books.We used unwrapped story Bibles. I … 25 Kindness Squares First grade page 109 Lesson 13: Helping Others. Begin the lesson by giving each child a piece of paper. HELP BINGO I went to bed on time. FOR CHILDREN. Start your object lesson from the bottom of the stalk. Most objects are everyday items that you can pick up around the house and be ready to teach a Bible object lesson, children's sermon, or family devotional in a matter of minutes. Youth Object Lesson#3: Fizzling Out. A Bunch of Growth. I gave every-one in my family a big hug. If you have a large group, pick some volunteers. Say: This is a mature Christian. This represents how your kindness not only helps other people but also helps them to help others as well. Each object adds a 3-D visual to stimulate interest as well as help retain the message in memory. Warning: The awesometer in this particular lesson is very nearly pegged. Helping Others. At some point, we all can be a help to someone in need. What we should do it seek God and get the problem out of our life first. This lesson comes from the Solo Jesus series in The Black Letters of Jesus Year-Long Deep Discipleship Curriculum.. Use this object lesson to help students think through how to strengthen their daily connection with God even in the midst of being busy.