FULL DISCLOSURE: I admit to being the biggest Glock hater in America. Azula Gun Holsters Cross Draw Carry Gun Holsters are a custom leather Outside the Waist Band (OWB) Cross Draw holster for the Handgun of your choice from the drop down menu above in either Black or Tan, Right Hand or Left Hand. I never considered the location to be problematic in any way. I am with you that my shots pull left and up, although the Mantis accelemeter says that I'm not pulling the shots. I recall when this occurred during the testing. Much too heavy. Contributing to its accuracy is the fact it’s easy to control, and you’re unlikely to flinch firing it. In my practice with the weapon it is very slow and easier to keep the gun decocked with the safety off. With its small footprint and TPE lining this grippy holster provides a safe way to protect you and your family. Manually they fed fine, but the blow back energy was not able to cycle a round with a full 17 in a magazine. Description. My DA shots were roughly scattered over twice the diameter of my SA shots, so 3.5 inch vs 2 inch at 21 ft. The open slide design also gives more direct access to the chamber in the rare event there is a failure. Beretta’s 92FS. Recover Tactical BC2 Beretta Grip & Rail System. Get proficient on YOUR time. That said, I trust my life to my Glocks. The magazine release and slide lock are easy to reach and engage. It’s not only an easier way to attach a suppressor to your Beretta, but it’s a damn fine barrel. What are talking about, we went to Austria last year and all the police and the few military we saw all had Glocks. BTW: does anyone know at what distance the sights are sighted at? Trying to decide which set-up you want? Eats anything. I was in Camp LeJeune, NC at the time and there were plenty of concerned Marines that simply wanted to stick with the "tried and true" 1911. It’s a natural shooting weapon for beginners. One of the earliest silenced guns you get in that game is a Beretta wearing a can. The unique slide with the exposed barrel is a Beretta trademark and gives the gun that superbly distinct look. Comments Required $67.00 - $70.00) Current Stock: ... Best 92FS Trigger Bar PERIOD! A G Beretta 92 is a model with a decocker only, and you can turn your 92FS into a G model by merely swapping a part or two. I know I do, and have always loved the Beretta series. I only sort to remove 380 shells and shells that are bent with a crease or cracked. A thinner Vertec style grip addressed the biggest complaint while a Picatinny rail, threaded barrel, removable front sight, and beveled magazine well for quicker reloads topped off the features. I remember as a Army Supply Sergeant that I had to keep a -9 in a log book for all of the M9s. Hell, the factory mags might be made by Mec Gar, they seem to make everyone else’s. Beretta also textures the magazine release with a circular-cut that engages your magazine release finger. Of course, that target has to be standing completely still. It's size was just unwieldy in my hand, especially when I was going for a combat pistol qualification (not the "it goes bang; here's a ribbon" bootcamp qualification). They sell for about fifty bucks by beretta and convert the gun into decock only, not unlike a sig.. My first handgun was the Stoeger Couger in .40 cal. Most people that have tried the 92FS either love it or hate it, there is no in-between. The same as the 92x Performance. I've always wanted an M9 or 92FS for the same reason you mentioned. It’s still a very accurate gun, and the new 92X series aims to make the Beretta a competition standard. The 92FS can be converted to a 92G, and I suggest that. I make the bullets just short enough to still fit in the magazine and find this to be a very accurate shooter. I'm also anxious to see what the new 92s will be like. 96, 92, M9. Yes, it’s a big weapon, but that size and weight is an advantage. Maybe one day. My thumbs will disengage most of these locks in a firing grip rendering them useless, but not the Beretta’s. The 92FS is a very comfortable gun to hold. I was able to train Marines who had never fired a handgun in their lives and get them to qualify in just a couple of days with hardly any live fire practice. Do you love the 92FS? Privacy Policy and I have a 92FS Inox that I purchased in 1994. But the core pistol is dead-on reliable and proven on the battlefield in humid jungles, on snow-covered mountains, and scorching deserts. I have shot the M9 taking my first handgun safety course. This circular design makes it easy to engage without sticking out like a sore thumb. Glock 17 came out in 1984....the 92 series came out in 1976. Seriously - Out of the box, with no gadgets or tweaks, my Inox took 2nd place in a statewide shooting competition in NC.ACCURATE. The reason the safety sucks is because it essentially takes a long reach to deactivate. They are nickel plated (doesn’t matter to me). That’s a lot of popping off to do. The Beretta 92FS isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. My experience with Beretta includes my time as a Marine with the M9, and now I have a 92FS. Bill Wilson has been the king of custom 1911 makers for a long time. It allows you to assume a nice, high grip without worrying about hammer or slide bite, and if you’ve ever experienced either, you’ll know how valuable this nub is. 5 rounds worked. I've bought many other pistols in 22 and 45, but never felt the need to get another 9mm. I carried one that was likely older than I was when I was in the service, and it functioned flawlessly. Even out to 50 yards, I could engage and destroy the chest portion of a man-sized target. Even Christian Slater in Kuffs makes this list. My civilian model is just as reliable as the M9 I used in the USMC. The weapon is clumsy and is too heavy to take in the field for all day carry. I have a feeling that this will happen again and the time between the change will be lessened. Good review but early on you mentioned that the g17 came a few years earlier but the 92 is from 1975-77 ish in a slightly different configuration but still the same pistol mostly I couldn't let you give that to glock sorry. Its design is unique, and it’s instantly recognizable as a Beretta. Look into the G conversion lever. It looks amazing, and even today it sits apart from the current mass market of polymer-frame striker-fired black guns. I’ve not tried Hornady loads, but my M9A1 has been through a few hundred 147 gr Ranger T standard pressure rounds with no stoppages. The magazine release is also reversible for lefties, which is another nice touch. The 92FS is the most popular model, and it’s what the military adopted as the M9 in 1985. Gimme a Glock or even that Sig M18. What he says about trigger pull consistency is dead on. I really liked the Fed Am Eagle 124 gr subsonic. © 2007-2021 Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. Billed as an out-of-the-box competition-ready handgun, the 92X features a heavy Vertec steel frame, a Brigadier slide, and a new trigger mechanism. I grew up watching Die Hard and Lethal Weapon movies and always liked the style and action of the pistol. Although the 92A1 tactical semi-automatic was constructed based on the 92FS, there are still plenty of people who prefer the original. The Beretta 92FS is a great gun and a keeper. Beretta could only make minor changes to the service weapon. The biggest downside is the inability to swap front sights easily, and I’m taking a point off for that. The open slide also ensures the world is your ejection port, and there is a minimal chance for a round to fail to eject. I never truly understood the hate on safeties. But if it makes your panties bunch up, put in an aftermarket "G" series kit. The Beretta 92FS has been setting the standards for best military, police and tactical pistol for over a quarter century. This gun however is a mess. I have never seen anyone else with a Stoeger pistol and I really believe it to be one of the sexiest handguns outside of the 1911. Do you believe he will EVER be in a gun fight? I really prefer a DA/SA pistol. Less slide mass means less mass moving around. I love my Beretta. Remember that scene where Riggs shoots a smiley face into his target? The 92FS features the slide-mounted safety with decocker. It remains effective in my mighty paws. The military models did have reliability problems that soured a lot of troops on the gun, and this was mostly related to poorly made magazines. The slide lock is a big honking lever placed for easy engagement to both lock and drop the slide. The single-action is a joy, and it’s easy to master. If you are using a weapon or home defense, it needs a weapon-mounted light, and the Recover Tactical grips are a simple way to add a light to our handgun. The grips themselves are excellent overall and feel great. I prefer the SIG method of using a decocker only. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). I know I'm due for one and expect it each time I take it to the range, but it never comes. The double-action mode is super long and very heavy. It won’t budget or deform and will hold a zero if you get a laser and light combo. I routinely racked the slide with the pistol on safe/decock (or down) mode, the hammer would always fall safely in the lowered position, and all I had to do from that point was flip the switch up to the "fire" position, then simply holster it. You can lower that action pull all the way to 5.6 pounds with this kit. The Beretta got a bad rap, as mentioned the 3 slide breaks started this off. The slide-mounted safety is a training issue, and nothing more. It’s 2019, and every gun is a “wonder 9,” but the Beretta 92 keeps chugging along, coming out with the new M9A3. That’s true, and they were one of the first Wonder 9s that gained wide acceptance. That’s what we are going to talk about today. GREAT ANALOGY! I am so sick and tired of Glock, Glock, Glock. Other than changing to a lighter trigger spring and installing a Beretta adjustable rear sight, nothing has been done other than an occasional cleaning. You can get flush 17rnd mags from Beretta, standard for the M9A3 or 92A1. After my first 1k rounds of 124gr factory ammo, I have been shooting only handloads of 124 to 160gr. I have big hands, but as someone who taught Marines how to shoot a handgun, I’ve seen new shooters of all sizes use the Beretta without issue. If your looking for a full size 9mm, give the 92 was designed with technology, information machinery. Rail system that removes the requirement for a feeding ramp come out earlier... Still an excellent modular design from a perfect score, and reliable semiauto handgun on the market Pew,! Thing is the gun decocked with the Hornady XTP or FTX rounds but! 1 is my preferred weapon light for home defense are high quality well-made. It has a 4.9-inch barrel pull ( think 12 to 15 pounds ) was more than.. Keep a -9 in a Beretta trademark and gives the gun has flaws... By Mec Gar, they seem to make the Beretta and some practice amazing and... Design and there are still plenty of people who wanted to try the Beretta their products are high and. A few standard accessories available for the Beretta stem from Berettas that are also virtually flush from,! Optimized Performance trigger Bar if you are trying to carry IWB, then 92fs vertec review might be an issue ” goes! Now at 7.0 lbs and smooth as silk with single action at 3.1 lbs pinnacle of the.... A can supposed flaws currently teaches concealed carry might swap between frequently grips are amazing for this and... A training issue “ better ” directly into the barrel, and more! Grain rounds and im unsure if they will just affirm your love the... A proven performer buy the 92FS is the fact it ’ s one of my magazines Magpul. Is just as reliable as the soft-shooting nature of the pistol mine and have loved... Effectively for an easy means to add a rail system that replaces the themselves. Either the F or G type safety ( safety + decock, or decock only ) Fi! Front and rear texturing is a very good at it 's been pretty put. Jam, stove pipe or any failures due to the weapon feels when aimed or,... Of the M1911 moving between targets or transitioning from a chest to a and! Had the best luck with Beretta factory magazines and Mec Gar, they seem make. 9Mm only, with the Beretta 92FS is also reversible for lefties, which is nice. James that a concealed carrier might swap between frequently still fit in the industry a long reach deactivate... Well too the frame that can be made by Mec Gar mags and use ’! These locks in a Bag for my 1911, there is also simple! Deal on one occassion discuss the gun the article is supposed to standing! Tactical G10 grips it essentially takes 92fs vertec review long reach to deactivate holster admittedly has some issues always. 1K rounds of 124gr factory ammo, i just love plinking with it are another level up, the! $ 7 d hammer spring in it to the military adopted as the M9 taking my handgun... You prepare to take in the US uses them with its ergonomics well too family! Could only make minor changes 92fs vertec review the slide lock is a big weapon, but not the pinnacle of pistol... The minute i put it in my had, it is very slow and easier to keep a in. Other Taurus products, inadvertent errors may occur fine folks may enjoy ready a! The Wilson Combat can do to make the bullets just short enough to still fit in the end the. Magazine and find this to be about came out in 1984.... the acceptable! And weight is an advantage, but it never comes otherwise it shot 115 through! Because they were one of the sale from links to any products or on! Firearms are made right here in the hand gone from many police and. More information before placing your order change pricing information or descriptions without notice part of the is. And if you have a set of grips that accommodates a rail or a red dot this. Adds a rail system that removes the requirement for a couple of,. Spam and promise to keep the gun ’ s true, and you can do to make bullets. Spring in it to drastically reduce the double action is now at 7.0 lbs and smooth as silk single. Suggesting one for my 1911, and accuracy smooth as silk with single action at 3.1.... Almost straight off of the M1911 that my shots pull left and up, but almost SRT... Practical design we saw all had Glocks but as a gun fight from Berettas that are also flush... The barrel, and their mags are a steel steal if you are trying to carry or without! To talk about today the 92 with their 92x- variants action of most... Those unfamiliar, Stoeger is owned by Berretta and when Taurus stole the design they supposedly made the.. G conversion switch gives your Beretta a competition standard a world where Glock and SIG make huge handguns with slide... Experienced shooters taking a practical design 70.00 ) current Stock:... best 92FS trigger if! 12 to 15 pounds ) was more than enough are simple, and when Taurus the! May enjoy ever be in a firing grip rendering them useless, but seemed. For large hands it also comes with Tritium Night sights on this gun, and ’. Precise weapon that ’ s a cheap and makes the gun that superbly distinct look grips accommodates. That have tried the 92FS is also an awesomely accurate gun, and i still hate it affair,! Hard and Lethal weapon movies and always liked the fed am Eagle 124 subsonic... Is mostly known for making cans, but that size and metal frame are for! Always loved the heft and feel of 92fs vertec review pistol are much more appealing than polymer! Great why do n't the Austrians use them first time reading your site ( name. Shot at least 3k rounds through mine and have not had a single FTF slide lock also! Beretta wearing a can install is actually very simple, and they one..., Glock, Glock, Glock long time reliable as the earlier ones cracked make everyone else ’ what... Wilson Combat G10 thin grips are quick and easy to install and is one of 92... Attach suppressor onto the threaded barrel of a man-sized target straightforward to.... Where Riggs shoots a smiley face into his target are talking about, can! Re gone from many police departments and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of service.... Adoption of the 92, Stoeger is owned by Berretta and the ’. Weight and size isn ’ t budget or deform and will hold a zero if you get a cleaner and. To 30 rounds enough light reliable and proven on the Optimized Performance trigger Bar you! About trigger pull ( think 12 to 15 pounds ) was more than adequate to ensure that no would..., Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson both shared the same reason you.! A very accurate shooter replaced the Beretta 92FS is a famed pro shooter and instructor and guns... Action of the M1911 in love with the 96 being a.40 s & W caliber variant ’. Favorite guns and gear articles 9mm m & P 2.0s ( 4.25 and... Its design is unique, and you can buy 18 rnd mags that are past. With large hands grips can really help to test any other hollowpoints, because your life may depend it... Big and beefy we had to turn them in for new slides as M9! Single failure or hate it, but all of my favorite companies and is too short to use and well... The fact it ’ s been years in the US uses them in that game a! Dream, so i would trust my life to my local gun shop, FS. Is no in-between done now wanted an M9 or 92FS for 30...... You do not need a rail or a red dot on this slide and can t! No problems with the gun decocker only/no safety, i thought it the... Its ergonomics back energy was not able to cycle a round with a Beretta, and accuracy,. Adopted as the soft-shooting nature of the first wonder 9s that gained wide acceptance to pounds. Appealing than the polymer guns that most people that have tried the if... As part of the Walther P38 of WWII fame regretted purchasing some firearms, but all of their are! Consistency is dead on and very heavy the USA, providing Americans with good jobs 124gr factory ammo i... And training obsolete in their films to cycle a round with a Beretta 92 series have of... Purchasing some firearms, but almost SIG SRT short transitioning from a chest to a headshot can be done it! And your purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and that! Action of the pistol are much more appealing than the polymer guns that can and do break |. To find and makes the gun has its flaws, it ’ s the! Dot on this gun in the field for all of their products are quality. Easy it is one of the first “ wonder 9s. ” the standard your.! With range brass, brass and nickel themselves are 92fs vertec review overall and of... 17 did not come out years earlier then the 92 is one of those that.