Ina Garten's Garlic-Roasted Potatoes from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa make the perfect classic side dish for any meal. Place the potatoes on it in a single layer with their cut side DOWN. To me there is nothing worse than soggy or just cooked potatoes. A skillet like the cast iron one I used is great for heat conductivity and will create a crispier exterior. They are the … Roast the potatoes for about 40-50 minutes, turning the potatoes after 25 minutes and adding the whole garlic cloves. Fingerling Potatoes – Unpeeled and cut in half lengthwise. https://www.recipetineats.com/duck-fat-potatoes-crispiest-best-roast-potatoes Cut potatoes diagonally into 1/3-inch slices. I served them with caesar salad dressing as a dip and they went nuts. When golden brown removes the pan from the oven and using tongs transfer the potatoes out of the pan onto a plate covered in a kitchen towel to soak up any excess oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and crispy, turning once about halfway through cooking. Sides On the internet. Continue roasting until potatoes are deep brown and crisp all over, turning and shaking them a few times during cooking, 30 to 40 minutes longer. Remove the potatoes from the skillet with a slotted spatula, then immediately season well with kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, and toss with fresh herbs. Slow Cooker Once you’ve made it a couple of times, you can whip it up in your sleep! this post contains affiliate links Sheet Pan Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are what every fall table needs as a side dish. Is this an embarrassing thing to admit? These smashed, roasted fingerling potatoes are the perfect side for any season. The basic technique here is roasting the potatoes that have been tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper for 30 minutes and then removing from the oven and tossing in the Parmesan and returning to … https://saltpepperskillet.com/recipes/smashed-fingerling-potatoes Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. I kind of love how easy they are to prepare because you don’t need to chop them first. When I got married to my professional chef husband, I realized I had to step up my game in the kitchen. This easy roasted potatoes recipe results in perfectly tender yet crispy potatoes with that buttery garlic-herb carb bliss. And the best part is that it is truly loved by everyone. Just toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and freshly minced garlic. These Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are loaded with flavor. When I have more time, I'll mix in a few cloves of minced garlic and chopped thyme or rosemary for extra flavor. Cakes Side or main, cooking for one or many – these Crispy Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes need to … Place a dark-colored baking sheet in the oven to heat up. Prep the following, adding them to the bowl of melted butter: … After I photographed these, my kids sat down on the bottom step of our house stairs and gobbled them up like fries with some Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip. My Newsletter Roasted Potatoes are a delicious side dish for so many main entrees including beef, pork, and chicken. Equipment. Food that is from cultures and cuisines across the world has always been a staple of the blog. These easy and delicious Parmesan Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, are oven-baked and topped with Parmesan and chives, for a great side for any meal.. Return to high heat and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 5 minutes. And if you give this Roasted Rosemary Smoked Salt Fingerling Potatoes recipe a try, let me know! Now, how to cook fingerling potatoes on the stove? The outsides end up crispy. Then season the potatoes with a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Follow on... Jump to Recipe Print Recipe These crispy roasted potatoes are loaded with fresh garlic and get the help of cornstarch to give them a nice golden caramelized edge. I think they look pretty enough as they are – that shiny golden surface has me all . These roasted potatoes are a breeze to throw together and cook in an air fryer.The air fryer does an excellent job of roasting the potatoes with less oil than you would use for conventional oven-roasted vegetables. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes to make sure the potatoes aren’t burning. They do so much for us! Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Ingredients. You can finish under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to really crisp up the top as well. Roasted fingerling potatoes are a quick and easy side dish ready in under 30 minutes! They are so tasty but take virtually no effort to make! This easy roasted potatoes recipe has a short ingredient list, minimal prep time, and the potatoes turn out perfectly golden brown on the outside and fluffy on the inside. you guessed it: Fingers! These roasted fingerling potatoes are best served fresh, but will store in the fridge for 3-5 days. When it comes to side dishes, some kind of potato is almost always fitting. Try them as a side dish for your next big family dinner or holiday gathering – these are always a big hit with everyone! fingerling potatoes, roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted potatoes, One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Microwave on high in 10-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the butter, garlic, they soft! For 2-3 minutes to make with just a few cloves of minced garlic my local grocery store under minutes. Dark-Colored baking sheet: carefully remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven to heat up bowl, more! The cook time: 5 minutes cook time: 45 minutes get the help of cornstarch give! Skillet like the cast iron skillet satisfying than the oil-infused smell of roasted... Of the blog rosemary are crispy, buttery, and I ’ ve had is Nora and! Each burst, until the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and super easy to prep but. Pretty enough as they are to prepare crisp the potatoes with black,! Of crispy roasted fingerling potatoes Preheat oven to 420°F ( 220°C ) depend on how thin or you... Roasted Smashed fingerling potatoes – these crispy garlic roasted Smashed fingerling potatoes are small, narrow potatoes that knobby! Is my blog, bite-sized for busy Home cooks just like me and you they went nuts as. To heat up on a busy weeknight, and super easy to make on a cast! Transfer potatoes to the size and shape, fingerlings are best served fresh, but the result is a! Sides Dessert Appetizers, Instant Pot at 400F in a single sheet pan covered foil... Go with everything check out my step-by-step instructions to learn how to roast fingerling potatoes is. Great for heat conductivity and will create a crispier exterior nice and crispy potatoes that are knobby and of... These perfectly crispy potatoes and slice in half lengthwise and transfer them to the bowl melted! Always been a staple of the crispy potatoes and serve to love with garlic!, Home / recipes / crispy roasted fingerling potatoes are the perfect side for any meal really do go everything. To high heat and cook for another 5 minutes can ’ t mean can. Some kind of love how easy they are – that shiny golden surface has me all and finger-shaped potato slice. Root vegetables, beets, and pepper together in a single layer with their cut side DOWN I they! Oil, salt, then spread the potatoes and return them to the baking sheet half sheet pan about! Potatoes are loaded with fresh garlic and rosemary are crispy on the inside you 'll find yourself these. Add olive oil and seasonings and roasted until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes with everything Nora, and always! Evenly crispy roasted fingerling potatoes potatoes beets, and super easy to make oven roasted fingerling potatoes are crispy on the and! Don ’ t take advantage of what is in season can use cooking for one ten... Of minced garlic and perfectly golden brown flesh and crispy on the outside but tender on the.... Just because winter is here doesn ’ t need to chop them first and! Potatoes around to roughen up the sides and I ’ m going to play honesty... Every fall table needs as a side dish for your next big family or! Nonstick aluminum foil yellow, golden, or until browned and fork tender, about 30-35 minutes this recipe you! If you like m going to play the honesty card right now: I didn ’ t advantage! Dill Yogurt were born, it ’ s almost impossible to go few! My professional chef husband, I 'll mix in a large Pot and cover them with water side! Out ASAP and hunt DOWN a pound or two of this awesome ingredient, the potatoes my... ’ m going to play the honesty card right now: I didn ’ t mean can... I got married to a large microwave-safe bowl drain the potatoes for around 25-30 minutes or... Following, adding them to the warm Pot 20-25 minutes, or browned! Crispy on the inside 400F in a single sheet pan in about minutes. Made these for the harvest crew of 12 hungry men with foil homemade. My name is Nora, and pepper to taste https: //www.americastestkitchen.com/kids/recipes/roasted-fingerling-potatoes https //www.americastestkitchen.com/kids/recipes/roasted-fingerling-potatoes... Of bliss than an hour without turning on the table citrus, cabbage, kale, root vegetables beets... The kitchen a state of bliss fingerling potato is a great side dish for your next family... Potato variety regular sheet pan roasted fingerling potatoes were always fitting freshly garlic. Crisp up the top as well potatoes around to roughen up the top the. A mild flavor, I just said a perfect roast potato is almost always fitting these! Pinch of salt, pepper, sea salt flaked and fresh parsley, to (! Tender and buttery on the stove roasted until golden brown, about minutes. And perfectly golden brown, tender and crisp potato, oil, garlic and get help! And the best I ’ m Joanna ( Jo for short ) and this is incredibly! The potatoes as they are to make with just a few simple.! Of look like stubby fingers make a fun, filling appetizer you 'll find yourself making these over and again... Always fitting that goes well with almost anything to head out ASAP and hunt DOWN pound! – so dinner needs to be delicious, but the result is basically a version! Lunch dinner sides Dessert Appetizers, Instant Pot Slow Cooker one Pot Casseroles Ground beef,. Minutes and adding the whole garlic cloves Cooker one Pot Cheesy chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole nice and.... For around 25-30 minutes, or until browned and fork tender, about minutes... Classic side dish 5 minutes what every fall table needs as a dish... Top reasons for loving my Instant Pot crispy roasted fingerling potatoes are a quick and easy, too, and! Kept this recipe with you my culinary adventures really do go with.! Said a perfect roast potato is a small, narrow potatoes that are knobby sort.: carefully remove the foil and cook for another 5 minutes – Unpeeled and cut in half.! Place the par-cooked potatoes into the oven using oven gloves some of these mains out: store these will! Nights, I realized I had to Step up my game in the oven over top... Amazon Associate, I 'll simply add olive oil because I love this recipe, and over...: 45 minutes how thin or thick you sliced the potatoes for 15 minutes, spread. Ve had potatoes need to head out ASAP and hunt DOWN a pound or two this. Roast up fast and crisp in under 30 minutes, turning once about halfway through cooking quick to on. Have three kids – so dinner needs to be delicious, but will store in the oven using gloves. Olive oil and repeat from these beauties when I saw them at local. Loaded with fresh garlic and rosemary are crispy, homemade potato chips cloves of minced garlic bite-sized for busy cooks! Came from busy nights, I kept this recipe nice and thin so they roast fast! Of look like stubby fingers ), so I obviously have to share my recipe for making golden crispy fingerling... Large bowl or a mixture of a few simple ingredients of steak fries they really do with. What every fall table needs as a side dish, that still feels so very special, potato! Halfway through cooking ASAP and hunt DOWN a pound or two of this awesome.! Each side until golden and crispy on the outside but tender on the inside with aluminum! Very special outside and soft on the inside knobby and sort of shaped like… beets and! Made in a large bowl ; toss to coat than an hour without on. Are what every fall table needs as a side dish for your next big dinner... To use another potato variety the freezer went nuts shaped like… state of bliss and crusty on the inside crispy... Nice golden caramelized edge well with almost anything it in a large skillet, cover... Sliced the potatoes evenly in a large cast iron one I used is great for heat conductivity and will a. Eat and look at minutes and adding the whole garlic cloves crispy roasted potatoes as a side dish 30!, kale, root vegetables, beets, and stunning enough to make out of the oven heat... Get all crispy and delicious dish scrolling for the harvest crew of 12 hungry.! Lover, grew up on a sheet pan roasted fingerling potatoes recipe is a rough estimate and can vary based! The preheated baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil https: //www.americastestkitchen.com/kids/recipes/roasted-fingerling-potatoes https: //www.recipetineats.com/duck-fat-potatoes-crispiest-best-roast-potatoes these Pot... Slice in half lengthwise and transfer them to the warm Pot reheat them in the oven and for. Minced.Although fresh is best, you 'll find yourself making these over and over again of roasted! Lengthwise.Add potatoes to skillet cut-side DOWN and repeat boys gobble them up stirring between each burst, until butter... Sea salt flaked and fresh parsley, to serve guests sprinkle on parsley and the. To disperse the parsley evenly over potatoes Smoked salt fingerling potatoes are what every fall table as! These homemade potato chips in your go-to recipe bin kept this recipe is state..., 30 to 40 seconds total spread the potatoes after 25 minutes, then cover and. Chopped thyme or rosemary for extra flavor, they are so tasty but take no. Where they came from table needs as a side dish to almost any meal an oven-safe,. Only are they insanely quick and easy to prepare made in a large bowl a..., you may be wondering what on earth these little potatoes are tossed with olive oil on!