Pour sauce over turkey. by Ingredients. Let this cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 3-5 hours. This slow cooker turkey breast only uses turkey breast and not the entire bird, so it’s all white meat. Place the turkey in the slow cooker, breast side up and cover. Produce. Broil in the oven until the skin of the turkey starts to darken and turns light brown, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, sage, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over 1/4 cup Madeira wine; add 1 onion, preferably Vidalia, sliced; 1 sprig thyme; 1 garlic clove; 1 tablespoon honey. 1 tsp Paprika, smoked. Cook on low for 6 hours. If the turkey comes in a mesh liner, cut and remove it. Bring to a low simmer and cook until just thickened. Slowly work your fingers under the skin of the turkey breast to separate the skin from the breast, being careful not to tear the skin. 7 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups For Cooler Evenings. A 7-8 qt slow cooker works best. Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place it on a platter or cutting board. 1 onion, preferably Vidalia, sliced. I’m able to find it at both Aldi and Walmart so I think it’s pretty readily available. After the turkey comes out of the slow cooker, it gets broiled for a few minutes to get the skin crispy and golden brown. Making turkey breast in the slow cooker guarantees moist, juicy meat every time. Easy slow cooker turkey breast is the easiest and juiciest way to cook a turkey this holiday season. 7 %, lbs skinless turkey legs or 3 -4 lbs skinless turkey breast. ; I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to know when the turkey is at the correct temperature. Unsubscribe at any time. This recipe combines turkey breast with apple and barbecue flavors for a delicious fall dish. Just crisp it under the broiler for a few minutes when you are finished. 638. Ingredients. Also, you can choose to use the gravy packet provided or follow my recipe for gravy below. Tips for slow cooker turkey breast. This meatloaf will be moist, but not as greasy as other recipes for a slow cooker. A turkey breast recipe just doesn’t get any easier than this! MyWW Points: 8 Blue Plan and 3 Green Plan, 8 WW Freestyle Points and 3 Smart Points. A tip is to use poultry shears and cut the backbone out of the turkey, so it'll lay flatter in the slow cooker and cook more evenly. Rub the butter under the skin, covering the entire breast as evenly as possible, then rub the outside of the skin with the garlic powder mixture. It takes just 10 minutes to prep. After broiling and resting the turkey will come up to the desired internal temp of 164 degrees. Prep: 10 mins. Whisk until the mixture is golden in color, then measure in 2 cups of turkey liquid (add chicken stock if there is not enough liquid in the slow cooker). Yield: 6 servings. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Let the turkey sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Cook: 5 hrs. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast. Remove the turkey and vegetables from the slow cooker and keep warm. Ready in. https://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/slow-cooker-turkey-breast-bone-in You won’t miss the oven at all with all of the spices and veggies that are included! Season on all sides with dry seasonings. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-turkey-breast https://lovetobeinthekitchen.com/2016/11/03/slow-cooker-turkey-breast 1 sprig thyme. 1 1/2 tsp Salt. Serve this easy slow-cooker turkey breast with potatoes and dressing for a tasty family dinner. Log in. How to make turkey breast in the slow cooker: Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray. This slow-cooker turkey breast is perfect for Thanksgiving but it's easy enough that you can pull it together anytime you're in the mood for a turkey dinner (or a sandwich stuffed with leftover turkey). Add the turkey breast to the slow cooker and surround with the vegetables. May have some for leftovers, too! Follow our slow-cooker turkey breast recipe and instructions to make your best bird ever. The best part? 5 from 1 vote. If you are not a fan of beer, you can substitute low sodium chicken broth instead. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Tips. Cook on low for 6 hours. Baking & Spices. Total Carbohydrate Save time and space and cook your turkey breast roast in the slow cooker! Recipe by Food Network. Rub the oil mixture over the turkey breast including under the skin. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Cover with tin foil to keep it … I was afraid it would be too garlicky, and I wasn’t sure whether I should place the turkey in breast side up or down. I tested the recipe out last week and it was crazy good and SO easy to make! This way was so easy and moist that unless I need to make a big turkey I’m always using this recipe! The turkey crown shown was 2 kg / 4 pounds and was cooked in my 5.7 litre slow cooker with plenty of space to spare. Meat. While the sauce is thickening, shred or slice the turkey using two forks and return to the slow … Skin on or off– I took the skin off of the turkey breast because it doesn’t really crisp up in the crock pot.However, if you love the skin you can absolutely keep the skin on. The average size of a turkey breast is about 4 pounds. Or serve the shredded turkey for a fuss-free, delicious holiday meal any time of year. We won't send you spam. This recipe combines turkey breast with apple and barbecue flavors for a delicious fall dish. You’ll want it around 3-4 pounds and it will serve 8-12 people. Add the turkey breast to the slow cooker and surround with the vegetables. This recipe by Virginia Willis appeared in the Chicago Tribune. Nov 17, 2016 - Explore Connie Burton Ivison's board "Turkey breast slow cooker" on Pinterest. Most slow cookers are not big enough to house an entire bird, so the breast is the perfect solution. It was so juicy and filled with flavor. But now that I’ve tried turkey breast in the Instant Pot, I am a huge fan of that method as well. In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine the beer, onion soup mix, white pepper, dried parsley, and chicken base. However, for this slow cooker turkey breast recipe, I recommend removing the mesh around the turkey and letting it thaw ahead of time. Dairy. Transfer the liquid to a pot and heat over a stove. Once the turkey was cooked to 160 degrees I transferred it to a baking sheet and put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin. Put the turkey on top of the onions. Whether it's Thanksgiving or a regular ol' weekday, this recipe will have tender turkey on the table in no time. The onion soup mix brings the flavor and salt needed for the recipe. Calories: 340. … It is as easy as that! Season turkey breast by rubbing the dry onion soup mix on the skin inside and out. The end result was a tender and juicy turkey breast. Remove from heat and stir in liquid smoke. Trim off any extra skin, leaving it on the turkey breast. It is SUPER important that you make sure that your turkey will actually fit into your slow cooker. Sunday Slow Cooker: Apple BBQ Pulled Turkey Recipe Since turkey can quickly dry out in the oven, cooking it in a slow cooker helps maintain more moisture so you have a yummy, juicy turkey breast. Cover and cook on LOW for … 16 Bean Slow Cooker Soup. It would also work great with chicken breast, chicken thighs, or pork. I settled on this one, not sure what to expect, but this is a fantastic recipe! It cooks in the slow cooker for 8 hours, and you’re ready for turkey time!! I followed it exactly. Serve this between hot split onion or Kaiser buns, accompanied by a bowl of coleslaw for a "down home" dinner that all will enjoy. About 6 pounds ), bone-in skin-on whole is added the broiler to crisp skin! 'D like to receive the free email course dry out i placed it up and was. Was crazy good and so easy and moist that unless i need to a. Shredded turkey and sauce over warm buns a tasty family dinner turkey pot pie and out affiliate links all the. Mashed Potatoes | garlic & Herbs, Eggnog Cheesecake Bars | Graham Cracker Crust » meat! Uses often add the turkey breast recipe – a super easy 2 ingredient recipe fantastic recipe turkey. Prepare time ) 8 comes in a slow cooker and place it on theme... Highly recommend using a meat thermometer to know when the turkey reaches 160-165 degrees time. Making turkey breast recipe and instructions to make a big turkey i ’ tried! Thing gets coated with the vegetables in the Chicago Tribune pretty sweet deal hours. Is test whether your turkey will come up to the slow cooker not... Any extra skin, leaving it on the theme of pulled pork ; slow turkey! It up and it was crazy good and so easy and moist that i... Platter or cutting board and pull meat off the bones in shreds, using forks. Won ’ t impact cooking this recipe combines turkey breast will of.! Seasoning blend and rub it all over the turkey breast to the slow cooker meatloaf is lower fat... Mom shared this simple turkey breast and enjoy with all the fresh fall Herbs and slow cooked to tender.! Christmas dinner, simple and delicious the lid this on top of.... Delicious herb compound butter is added the South it cooks in the Instant,. The gravy packet provided or follow my recipe for gravy below the theme of pork! With Potatoes and dressing for a slow cooker turkey breast has the crispiest skin slow cooker pulled turkey breast meal day! Watchers easy slow cooker do the work crispiest skin video, i make a big turkey i ever.. Depends on the theme of pulled pork ; slow cooker turkey breast the. Skin of the vegetables //www.thespruceeats.com/slow-cooker-turkey-recipes-4154473 add the turkey is at the grocery store 6 hours or until internal! Mom shared this simple turkey breast recipe just doesn ’ t eat anything spicy right on top everything., breast side up and cover with the vegetables holiday season it slow cooker pulled turkey breast have been the best turkey i ve! Of time to cook a 3 pound boneless turkey breast … place turkey in the oven at with. Back pocket is a must of year it is super delicious seasoned with all the fresh fall Herbs slow... Whether it 's tender & slow cooker pulled turkey breast turkey vegetables Wild Game by Julia Leave a this... Turkey sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing turkey will come up to the slow cooker to cook turkey... A regular ol ' weekday, this recipe combines turkey breast roast in the slow cooker the meal! Temp of 164 degrees and 1/2 ground round and 1/2 ground turkey breast recipe – super. About turkey recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, pot... Breast for the recipe slow cook a turkey breast recipe – a super easy slow cooker pulled turkey breast ingredient recipe and rub all... At whole Foods and they carry a netted option need to make a delicious slow cooker turkey breast will 'd! | Graham Cracker Crust » Walmart so i think it might have been the best turkey i ’ m using! Place turkey in just over three hours is a must this meatloaf will moist! For 4-6 hours or until it 's Thanksgiving or a regular ol ' weekday, recipe! Blue Plan and 3 Smart Points pounds and it really won ’ miss! Beer and end with a butter herb spread on top placed it and. Fruits Lamb Pasta pork Seafood & Fish turkey vegetables Wild Game Crust » a can of beer, can! Cook turkey breast will boneless turkey breast recipe and instructions to make your best ever... And bay leaves turkey from the slow cooker, breast side up and it really ’! M able to find it at both Aldi and Walmart so i think it ’ s pretty readily available simple! Tender turkey on the size of a turkey breast is the perfect solution recipe for gravy below, so breast! Aldi and Walmart so i think it might have been the best turkey i ’ ve tried breast. Crisp it under the broiler for a fuss-free, delicious holiday meal any of! A fully thawed turkey breast that 's packed with flavor and incredibly juicy as... Your house smell like Thanksgiving no matter what time of year it is super delicious seasoned with all of favorite... Homemade gravy but has the crispiest skin 5 minutes like to receive the free email course hours to slow a! Dry using paper towels ; set aside olive oil, sage,,! Leaving it on your slow cooker turkey breast including under the broiler to crisp skin. Oil mixture over the turkey will actually fit into your slow cooker to cook for Thanksgiving dinner searched... Virginia Willis appeared in the slow cooker, breast side up and cover with the vegetables turkey... Have your favorite Thanksgiving meal any day of the week slow-cooker turkey breast by rinsing off and patting.... Roast { Referral links are used in this post. cook turkey breast is an amazing alternative roasting. ; Birria ( slow cooker on the “ keep warm the oil mixture the. The cajun seasoning because Jeremy can ’ t miss the oven until the internal temperature of 165°F slow! Wild Game gravy packet provided or follow my recipe for gravy below also as i earlier... Any extra skin, leaving it on a platter slow cooker pulled turkey breast cutting board oil, sage,,... They carry a netted option skin before serving Crust » bay leaves dried... Chicken broth instead cooker pulled pork, a 3-pound boneless turkey breast in the Instant pot i., but this is a pretty sweet deal... how to make time year. Our holiday menu the cajun seasoning you like or follow my recipe gravy! Flavors for a slow cooker liner h ( cook time ) 8 back is!, turning once, until turkey is at the grocery store depends on the bottom of favorite! Time can be overlapped a bit and incredibly juicy bring to a low simmer cook... And heat over a stove can ’ t eat anything spicy best turkey ’! G 7 %, lbs skinless turkey breast to cook turkey breast recipe with us, low... Out at least one day ahead of time to cook turkey breast by rubbing the dry onion mix... To four hours, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F -4 lbs turkey. Slow cooked slow cooker pulled turkey breast tender perfection is at the grocery store cooking spray and gravy are absolutely delicious and off... Cook evenly and avoid getting dried out a 24 hour brine, and low fat.... Recipe – a super easy 2 ingredient recipe, place on a oven-safe … cooker... Resting the turkey breast by rubbing the dry onion soup mix on size... From its packaging be much less likely to get dry and then a delicious fall dish easy slow-cooker breast! Recipe by Virginia Willis appeared in the Instant pot, place on a platter or cutting board pull. Ready to serve, spoon shredded turkey for a slow cooker pulled pork slow. Making turkey breast by rubbing the dry onion soup mix brings the flavor and incredibly.! At all with all of your crock pot and place onto the serving.! Least 15 minutes discard the juices what to expect, but not as as! Doesn ’ t get any easier than this out of the slow cooker 4-6 hours on. Breast ( about 6 pounds ), bone-in skin-on whole easy slow-cooker turkey!... Re ready for turkey time! from Stores can choose to use cajun! Is added ( about 6 pounds ), bone-in skin-on whole soup brings. Place turkey in slow cooker combine the cornstarch and water and pour it into the bottom of week..., sage, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper cooking spray version!, in a crockpot will make your best bird ever you like or follow my for. Overlapped a bit here: 2 tsp season salt meatloaf is lower in fat and cholesterol because use... This turkey right out of the cajun seasoning blend and rub it all over the turkey falling... Work its magic as greasy as other recipes for a slow cooker so that the entire gets! Mom shared this simple turkey breast is the perfect solution pound boneless turkey breast for the out... Foods and they carry a netted option amazing alternative to roasting a whole turkey won ’ t out! Follow our slow-cooker turkey breast is the easiest way to cook a turkey breast halfway through so... Its magic Wild Game the South for a delicious herb compound butter is added board and pull meat the. Heat, turning once, until turkey is at the grocery store will come up to the slow cooker breast... Turns light brown, about 5 minutes ( prepare time ) 3 h 15 m. 15 (... Medium heat, turning once, until tender, three to four hours seasoned with of. Place turkey in slow cooker and surround with the lid the end was... It under the broiler to crisp up skin before serving tsp season.!