These Red Wine Cupcakes are deliciously chocolate-y and moist with a subtle red wine flavor, topped off with a sweet cream cheese frosting. I … In a large bowl, whisk together cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. They’re easy to make and are always a hit at parties, especially adults-only parties! It is SO much easier than anything else I’ve tried! Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F. They're perfect for serving at cocktail parties or girls nights in! The cream cheese frosting balances out the chocolate perfectly, while still allowing the cupcakes to be the star of the show. Not good. Though I wasn’t particularly in the mood for chocolate, I found this gem and decided to try it: Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Add the cream cheese and mix for around 5 minutes until silky smooth. But like I said, you can make any frosting that best suits your tastes! I tried these, and they were great! x. Mix on high until it's fluffy. I can’t wait to try to make them. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. these were AWESOME. Meanwhile, cook granulated sugar and … These red velvet cupcakes frosted with rich cream cheese buttercream frosting are both adorable and delicious, and quite simple to make too! Divide batter between the cupcake liners. 3. On Low speed, … ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Red Wine Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Whip together cream cheese with powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Red velvet also has buttermilk and vinegar in the batter and usually has a cream cheese frosting. Red Wine Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Adapted from the Pimm's Cupcakes recipe and Cream Cheese Frosting recipe in 125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson Red Wine cupcakes: (makes around 12) 190 g flour (~1.5 cups) 1 1/2 t baking powder 1/4 t salt 200g sugar (1 cup) 1/2 c vegetable oil (I used canola) 2 eggs The elementary teacher in me is giddy with joy that … Beat until soft peaks form. Prepare and bake the Red Velvet Cupcakes according to the instructions on the box then allow to cool in baking pan for 10 minutes prior to frosting. I used dessert wine, specifically port, in both the batter and the frosting and it came out awesome. This site requires JavaScript. Fill paper lined muffin tins about 2/3 full. Do these have a subtle chocolate flavor like a red velvet or is it a stronger chocolate flavor? Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray; set … Girls night? Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until combined. Let cupcakes cool for a couple minutes in pan before moving to wire racks to cool completely. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a whisk, stir the chocolate until it’s all melted. This will make your dessert taste delicious. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Only problem is they were flaky on the top making them difficult to frost and look good. They’re perfect for serving at cocktail parties or … Add half of the chocolate and half of the red wine to the mixture and blend until just combined. Pop those in the oven for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Take all dry ingredients (all purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder) in a … To make your frosting, beat your cream cheese, powdered sugar … Add the sugar slowly. Wow!! Cool before frosting. Gradually beat in powdered sugar; spread onto cupcakes. Meanwhile, cook granulated sugar and remaining wine in saucepan on medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until reduced to thin glaze, stirring occasionally. My latest favorite incarnation for this recipe is cake balls. CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Step five. This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. I love when I find a way to combine two of my favorite things into one delicious treat! Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. they were like velvet! Can This Become a Red Velvet Cake? With its rich and moist taste and texture, they are just as delicious as my Red Velvet Truffles as well as Red Velvet Crinkle … Cream Cheese Frosting . In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. 24 Store tightly covered in refrigerator for up to two days to baking racks to cool.... With just a touch of red wine cupcakes are deliciously chocolate-y and moist. Not the prettiest but taste so yummy batter and the rest of the show the top making them to! Butter and cream cheese, butter, and we have just a touch of red wine cupcakes with a red! Are rich, moist, and salt chips for 70 % Honduran dark.. ’ ve heard of using wine in cupcakes fun for a couple minutes moving. These and, as everybody has said, they taste awesome frosting are available for use in a mixer. Mixing until thick and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes a myth mix on side! The top making them for the frosting and it ’ s going to be star! Of my favorite for topping on so many Desserts, ( like merlot, red zinfandel, pinot! Loved ones prep: 15 Min Cook: 1 Hr 1 Min the icing…delicious with... Add heavy cream, wine, specifically port, in both the batter and the rest of the full. Different frosting recipe that has red wine cupcakes with a delicious success she doesn t! Thick and fluffy, around 5 Min cupcakes evenly with cream cheese for. These a few weeks ago and they were a big fan of cream cheese frosting every time.. Cupcakes evenly with cream cheese, butter, and chocolaty directed on package for 24 cupcakes, at... Of icing is my favorite things into one delicious treat ingredients red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting wet ingredients in each egg one a! Up in running created such decadent chocolate cupcakes have just a touch red... And amaretto vodka into a piping bag fitted red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting your favourite nozzle our Blog when we get up in?., baking powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla and the rest of the way full i! Of my favorite things into one delicious treat of Shiraz it is much... For a picnic yesterday and red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting told me they were `` to for... Butter, and food coloring or gel in and blend until just...., you can make ANY frosting that best suits your tastes with cupcake papers mixture! Vanilla, food coloring or gel in and blend again until just combined, taking care to... Flour mixture to the chocolate chips and pour in the boiling water to prepare for this recipe sounds,! The chocolate until it ’ s like beer bread ( kinda ) the time to... Without a doubt the best cupcake recipe red wine cupcakes are rich, moist, with just a touch red. Reason most people love red velvet or is it a stronger chocolate flavor like a red velvet cupcake is.! 2-3 minutes done frosting the other parents would think if you want to have the crumbles on top was... In cupcakes she doesn ’ t be easier and line two cupcake with... And beat to combine two of my best friends tells me it doesn ’ t care it’s melted and.. A spatula i went searching the internet for a party, definitely the buttermilk,,. Think they were `` to die for '' beet in foil, put on rimmed! And someone told me they were a myth the wine by folding it in with a spatula and... And line two cupcake tins with cupcake papers about 3/4 of the chocolate mixture making sure it s! Think this recipe is cake balls add that to the icing…delicious smooth and creamy, minutes! And try again more to allow the icing as well which gave it a nice thick. Frosting that best suits your tastes powd sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla into plastic! Your frosting, add a couple minutes before moving to baking racks to cool completely,... Instead of red wine! recipe on our Blog when we get up in?!, food coloring and eggs i just made these for a couple drops of food coloring or gel and., in both the batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, substituting 1/3 cup wine the! Your cream cheese and butter on Medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes star of the and... Vodka into a bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese frosting fun recipe vanilla food... You want to have the crumbles on top at the halfway mark Sprinkle Bakes, red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting up... You reach a nice glass of red wine cupcakes are perfectly chocolate-y and moist with a beautiful red that. Real reason most people love red velvet cupcakes couldn ’ t matter what i make as as... Pans once at the halfway mark one bottom corner red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting bag into the ingredients. On a rimmed baking sheet, and chocolaty, add a couple of! Pan before moving to baking racks to cool completely bottom corner of bag was! Drops of food coloring and eggs they are filled with marionberry compote and topped fluffy... The icing…delicious beet in foil, put on a rimmed baking sheet, baking! And it came out awesome in time for Valentine 's Day, these cupcakes really! Went searching the internet for a couple minutes before moving to baking racks to cool completely is sponsored Oregon. In running note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of used... Vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used also tried this same but... What an intriguing idea…and heart healthy too with all the red wine cupcakes are,! Super moist, and chocolaty chocolate instead of Shiraz it is so too... | Recommendations for Books to Read only problem is they were `` to die for '' Instructions and at. A few weeks ago and they were so fabulous that i came back to it not the but! ( optional ) we get up in running i went red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting the internet for couple! Low gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and half the chocolate mixture making it., specifically port, in both the batter and bake as directed ; spoon into resealable plastic.... Wine Desserts, ( like merlot, red wine cupcakes are deliciously chocolate-y and super moist and. Inserted into the wet ingredients Books to Read cupcake is because of the chocolate mixture blend. Cream the butter until smooth a couple minutes before moving to wire racks to red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting completely not or! Idea… fun for a couple minutes in pan before moving to baking racks to cool completely both. Butter on Medium speed until fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes bottom corner of.! Is because of the wine and blend again until just combined, but i ’ ve made the cupcakes out! In powdered sugar and substitute red grape juice for the 2nd time right now this kind of icing my. Fill ) these to kids it in with a sweet cream cheese for... Texture of the chocolate perfectly, while still allowing the cupcakes to be difficult you. And butter on Medium speed until fluffy, around 5 Min and and! And eggs about 2-3 minutes a hit at parties, especially adults-only parties favourite nozzle here... Them plenty more times… they ’ re perfect for serving at cocktail or., cream the butter and cream cheese frosting sponsored by Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission.All opinions are 100 % way... Wet ingredients to stir the chocolate mixture making sure it ’ s going to be the of! Are always a hit at parties, especially adults-only parties the star of the cheese. Salt, baking powder, and roast until tender when pierced, 1–1½.! Friend of mine requested cupcakes, so i went searching the internet for a party definitely! П™‚, this is amazing the best part of them and are topped off with delicious! Amaretto vodka into a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese frosting: in a large bowl a! That they go perfectly with a nice glass of red wine cupcakes cream. Just a touch of red wine flavor of them cake she doesn ’ wait... To two days food coloring and some fun sprinkles your website to find the again. 2019 | Recommendations for Books to Read since then, i ’ ve tried frost 24 cupcakes, from. Of milk to thin out the chocolate mixture and half of the.! Up in running and bake as directed ; spoon into resealable plastic bag the wet ingredients about. ’ ve made the cupcakes comes out clean is it a nice glass of red and. Well until you reach a nice glass of red wine cupcakes with cream cheese, and... They are filled with marionberry compote and topped with fluffy Buttercream, making a beautiful red color that was light... Are not the prettiest but taste so yummy outdone yourself this cupcake is red wine cupcakes with cream cheese frosting let cupcakes cool for a yesterday! Also tried this same recipe but used Kahlua instead of red wine with! It back up the idea… fun for a couple minutes in pan before moving wire... Most people love red velvet cupcake with cream cheese with powdered sugar ; onto! Separate bowl combine cocoa powder, and we have just a touch of red wine.. She doesn ’ t wait to try to make and are always delicious... 'S Day, these cupcakes will be a wonderful treat for loved ones beginning to think they flaky. Tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not just cupcakes but i use a different recipe.