Cut the stems off the kale, and chop the kale leaves into small pieces. Step 1 Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, oregano, and basil together in a large bowl. Massage the dressing into the kale, coating all of the leaves well. Chopped Kale Salad Budget Bytes. Toss in the dried cranberries and sunflower seeds and season to taste with the red pepper, salt and pepper. Kale Quinoa Salad With Dried Cranberries and Sunflower Seeds. And how many does this serve? Trying to get back on track.... one meal at a time. It’s crunchy and holds up really well to salad … Prepare the kale: Give it a good rinse, then pat dry and de-stem the leaves. 9 Comments. 21 Duke tops Wake Forest 79-68 in Krzyzewski's return, The Latest: California sees record COVID-19 deaths, Trump pressured Georgia to 'find the fraud' in earlier call, Israelis protest Netanyahu amid 3rd virus lockdown, Versatile kale is a reliable source of nutrition. This lovely kale and apple salad … When I got back I pulled it out and tried it cold. There should still be a little water remaining and the kale will have wilted. a fried rice with it and some leftover pork. Facebook In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and the remaining oil. Required fields are marked *. Top with the kale. . I love your recipes! Place the pot over high heat until the water boils. All tossed in a homemade poppy seed dressing. I think my husband and kids will like it. red onion, dried cranberries, kale, virgin olive oil, sunflower seeds and 3 more. Here’s proof that super foods are super delicious. I’m learning when you buy a 2 lb bag of kale, you have to figure out how to eat 2 lbs of kale! The Latest on the fallout of the storming of the Capitol by a mob of pro-Trump loyalists (all times local): Matthew Hurt scored a career-high 26 points to help No. I ate half of it right away but put the plate in the fridge on my way out the door to run an errand. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over kale and massage into leaves until thoroughly coated. I just weight it out so I can share nutritional info. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Add roasted sweet potato, cranberries and seeds … Lightly dressed in a simple vinegar and oil mixture, this salad is a wonderful way to enjoy kale … Fresh mango adds sweetness and pumpkin seeds add crunch to the dish. Delicious, simple and comes together quickly. Crunchy pumpkin seeds, delicious dried cranberries and a tasty poppyseed dressing add fun and flavor to every bite. Also very filling. You can cut the thick … I was using your website a lot a few years ago when I was really * motivated + determined * on my weight watchers journey. Made it just for myself as no one else would eat it in my house. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over salad. I need to get inspired! You’ll notice small bubbles on the sides in … A delicious kale salad, combined with Brussels sprouts, broccoli, apple, dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Step 1 Place shredded kale in a large bowl. In large bowl, add chopped kale and drizzle with olive oil. I've had a couple kale recipes on the blog. Adding the quinoa made it a meal and added great texture. Learn how your comment data is processed. About this sweet kale salad: The base of this sweet kale salad is kale (obviously), broccoli slaw, and thinly sliced or shaved Brussels sprouts. You can make this with any variety of kale, but the lacinato (sometimes called dinosaur) kale is particularly good as it’s the most tender. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss well with your hands, rubbing it into the greens.