Extreme bass depth and output. 107 reviews. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In that sense the slope of the ceiling may actually be beneficial. I am looking to purchase my first pair of speakers along with an amplifier. $99.95 +$11.85 shipping. I found one article that seems to indicate that angled, ceiling mounted speakers can improve area coverage. I wish that there was a way that I could temporarily mount them on the ceiling without cutting holes. The Elevation speakers are also a good idea. Mains: Polk S55's. Feb 8, 2016 - Explore donfox90's board "Polk speakers ... dynamic audio with this Polk Audio VT60 in-ceiling ... Bookshelf Speakers Bookshelves Polk Speakers Home Cinema Systems Hi Fi System Thing 1 Dolby Atmos Home Cinemas 2 Way. Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker Modules ($98 per pair) - A budget-friendly add-on speaker option, these Atmos modules from Pioneer are designed to sit on top of a user's existing speakers, adding an up-firing driver for height effects. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. That way I could test the actual effect of two vs four. Swivel mount high-performance ¾" aimable silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging. 6mm perf ... Polk Audio 6.5” In Ceiling Wall Vanishing Speaker VT60 V60 Atmos Surround Theatr. Alternatively I could go with Speakercraft AIM 7's but they are 3x's the price of the Polks. Using 2 for rears and 2 for Atmos. The 4 Atmos in ceiling installed speakers will be 6.5 or 8″ round cone 15 degree offset Polk type of speakers unless you tell me they won’t work properly. Or are the vt60 as 6.5" speakers higher quality. 6 ½" Dynamic Balance® polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, … Chris Gordon. My theater has all Polk. I'm looking at Polk mc80s for front center left and right speakers and mc60s for remaining 6 speakers. Thanks for all of your replies. Though they are compatible with any flat top speaker from any brand, the modules are specifically geared toward use with Pioneer's SP-BS22-LR compact speaker or SP-FS52 floorstanding speakers. The Point speakers, I'd look into mounting a pair of speakers at the top of the front wall. post #1331 of 3194 Old 03-09-2016, 09:56 AM. Polk a well known brand that last and do what they are suppose to do, Without breaking the bank, bought these to support Dolby Atom also running Polk L/C/R in front, the rear surround another brand but sound very good alone with a Velodyne VX sub for added sound effects & bass. This is a wonderful time for search items. Optional square grille available. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Polk Audio RC6s In-Ceiling 6.5" Stereo Speaker | Dual Channel from a Single Location | Perfect for Damp and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable Grille), Polk Audio RC85i 2-way Premium In-Wall 8"-Speakers (Pair) | Perfect-for Damp-and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement (White, Paintable-Grille), Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 8" Round Speakers, Set of 2 Perfect for Damp and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable Grille), Polk Audio MC60 2-Way in-Ceiling 6.5" Speaker (Single) | Dynamic Built-in Audio | Perfect for Humid Indoor/Enclosed Areas | Bathrooms, Kitchens, Patios White, Polk Audio MC80 2-Way In-Ceiling 8" Speaker (Single) | Dynamic Built-In Audio | Perfect for Humid Indoor/Enclosed Areas | Bathrooms, Kitchens, Patios,White, Polk Audio RC60i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 6.5" Round-Speakers, Set of 2 Perfect-for Damp-and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable-Grille), Polk Audio 70-RT 3-Way In-Ceiling Speaker (2.5” Driver, 7” Sub) - The Vanishing Series | Power Port | Paintable Grille | Dual Band-Pass Bass Ports White, Polk Audio V60 High Performance Vanishing in-Ceiling Speakers (4 Pack), Polk V80 High Performance Vanishing in-Ceiling Speaker. So long as your receiver is up for the job, any overhead speakers can function as Atmos ceiling speakers. Just make sure you have a DTS:X and/or Atmos-enabled receiver to process the sound. 6 " Dynamic balance polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency. Atmos takes advantage of having more speakers to present a more realistic 3d sound presentation vs traditional 5.1 or 7.1 mixes. This item includes a 100% money back guarantee! Polk’s proprietary, patented dynamic balance technology enables our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds Dynamic balance silk dome tweeters, in amiable swivel housings, deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging Polk Audio MC60 2-Way in-Ceiling 6.5" Speaker (Single) | Dynamic Built-in Audio | Perfect for Humid Indoor/Enclosed Areas | Bathrooms, Kitchens, Patios White. 99 $69.00 $69.00. The VT60’s blacks were inky-deep, and (with rare exceptions) every bit as impressive as the blacks on the ZT60. The room size is about 20' x 15' but the AV area won't be taking up that full footprint, likely about 2/3's. Polk’s wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small. … Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s yanks1 is offline Quote. Is the mc80 a good enough center speaker or so I need bigger? Question 1: I ended up purchasing Polk VT60 in ceilings and wanted to get peoples thoughts on them? ChldsPlay. Unfollow polk audio wall speaker to stop getting updates on your eBay Feed. Polk Audio V 60 high performance Vanishing in-ceiling speaker (single) Swivel mount high-performance " amiable Silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging. Polk RC speakers: https://bit.ly/2BeWv4OPolk Audio's RC in-wall and in-ceiling speakers have remained mostly the same over the years, which is a good thing. With performance nearly identical to the flagship ZT60 series, Panasonic’s VT60 offers state-of-the-art image quality at a more affordable price. Get it as soon as Wed, Dec 30. I've never done HT with ceilings that high, but. I'm installing a atmos 9.1 in my new construction basement theater room which is roughly 25x15x8 ceilings. Doing a 5.2.2 system, so looking at the Atmos diagrams - ceiling speakers should sit slightly in front of viewing row, and match the front mains. Priced will be $80.99 at Best Buy if you can get them to price match Amazon.ca -- I was able to and purchased in-store. SVS Prime Elevation speakers would be ideal. Last one. Polk Audio VT60 6.5" 2-Way In-Ceiling Speaker (Each) - White All of our items are tested for functionality and guaranteed to be fully functional. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Read more. I want to set up some Polk VT60 in ceiling speakers as Atmos speakers to complement an LSiM 5.1 set up in a 15'x 20' room with sloped high ceilings. I always find it amazing that Dolby thinks that people can just put together a new room to accommodate their latest and greatest sound mix. Feb 8, 2016 - Explore donfox90's board "Polk speakers" on Pinterest. Great height effect speakers in Dolby Atmos® installations. LOL more speakers in a room does not mean it sounds bad in every situation. $99.95 + $11.85 shipping . Multi-room audio Dolby Atmos receivers Turntables & accessories CD players. $59.99 $ 59. 4.7 out of 5 stars 179. Center: Polk S35. Polk’s wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small .6mm perf attaches magnetically to fit flush (acoustically inert). I am not sure honestly. The vanishing series built-in Polk Audio 70RT speakers are outfitted with Polk’s wafer-thin Sheer-grille that magnetically secures the speaker together while protruding a mere 7mm from the ceiling. The Sloped High Ceiling Dolby Atmos is best sounds and clear voices for the speakers. I'm set on using the Polk MCs for the in-ceiling speakers, just a question of size, 6" vs 8". • Polk patented Rotating Cam System ensures secure,vibration-free installation • Optional square grille available • Great height effect speakers in Dolby Atmos installations • Fire-rated enclosure available Key Features. Rears: Polk S10's. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. SVS subwoofers. Here's a deal on a pair of Polk Audio RC60i 6.5" In-Ceiling Speakers. Are the Polk RC80i's as 8" speakers comparable to the VT60 or do they not have as good of a dispersion? While object-based surround sound provides an incredibly immersive listening experience, surround sound ceiling speakers might be more than enough for your needs. There's a problem loading this menu right now. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Report abuse. Wireless speakers & audio. Problem with their thought process is that very few people have a perfect room. Subs: Polk HTS 10's. The only difference I noticed was that the ZT60 sometimes had a little more pop than the VT60 even in the darkened room I use for my evaluations—likely because it is more resistant to reflections not only from the room but also within the panel itself. The front speakers will be at a lower elevation than the back speakers. Providing a balance between performance, design and price for your home since 1972. for my system i replace them with polk vt60 they are not bad just not for atmos. Are the mc60s enough for back left and right speakers? The problem is that the minimum ceiling height (above the front towers) is about 16 feet (4x the height of the towers). Right now I am currently in the middle of Klipsch R-15M and Polk T15. Maybe the receiver can adequately compensate. I was thinking of the OWM5 and I had heard of the Elevations. You can try online and get free delivery? FREE Shipping by Amazon. Speaker Type: In-Ceiling Speaker; Quick Links. The add-ons feature a concentric driver including a 4" woofer and 1/2" tweeter. Plan was for a 5.1.2 system Polk patented Rotating Cam System ensures secure,vibration-free installation. Go Back ... Polk Audio MC80 In-ceiling speaker In stock. item 6 Polk Audio 6.5” In Ceiling Wall Vanishing Speaker VT60 V60 Atmos Surround Theatr 5 - Polk Audio 6.5” In Ceiling Wall Vanishing Speaker VT60 V60 Atmos Surround Theatr. Continue to Cart Continue to Checkout Continue Shopping There is nothing in your shopping bag. That might help with potential echoing. The room is 17′ 8″ front to back by 16′ 6″ wide. Try a cheap set of bookshelf speakers and see how it sounds. Thanks for the explanation. 62 results for polk audio wall speaker Save polk audio wall speaker to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. If the Panasonic ZT60 series is the company’s statement product for 2013, the VT60 is an update of its long-running VT flagship line. Amazon's Choice for polk vt60. Hi all, I am new to audioholics and also new to the speaker world. When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down. Micca M-8C 2-Way in Ceiling in Wall Speaker, 8 Inch Woofer, 1-Inch Pivoting Silk Dome Tweeter, 9.4-Inch Cutout Diameter, Each, White, Polk Audio 80F/X-RT In-Ceiling 2-Way Round Surround Speakers - 8" Woofer, Dual 3/4" Tweeters | 100 Watts | Paintable Sheer Grille | White, Pair, POLK AUDIO AW2360-A Ic60 in-Ceiling Speaker, Polk Audio RC60i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 6.5 Round Speakers, Set of 2, Damp and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable Grille) (Renewed), Polk Audio (2 Pairs) MC60 High Performance in-Ceiling Speaker Bundle, Yamaha NSIC800WH 140-Watts 2-Way RMS Speaker -- White (2 Speakers), 8) New PYLE PRO PDIC61RD 6.5'' 200W 2-Way In-Ceiling/Wall Speaker System White, Micca ceiling and in-wall speakers for your home. Thanks. Polk patented rotating cam system ensures secure, vibration-free installation. Installation is easy, thanks to a one-cut, drop-in feature that offers Perfect Fit templates for finding the best fit the first time you attempt to install the 70RT speaker. AV Research Audioholics tech articles are well researched and chock full of great detail on how products and technologies operate. My main concern is what happens when you mount 4 speakers on a sloped ceiling. It looks like you're new here. Many Dolby speced theaters are a little on the sound challenged side, so as is always the case: use the room you have to the best of its ability. I was in the same hole yesterday and have decided to go with the POLK RC80i due to the timbre matching with my Polks, my advice would be to listen to them in action if you have the time. I could put a rug down over the hardwood floor. It looks like the vt60 is a cheaper Best Buy only product, whereas the v60 is sold everywhere (for much more $$$). Click to learn more. Fire-rated enclosure available. Good Luck Quote; Polk Audio RC60i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White) currently at $109.99 Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca Atmos is not like listening to 11 speaker stereo music where the same sound is coming from every speaker at the same time. $199.00 -$100.00 Instant savings . See more ideas about Polk speakers, Polk, Speaker. It's interesting. https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2426620, https://www.svsound.com/collections/prime-series/products/prime-elevation. They have an adjustable tweeter but the dome is not adjustable. Enjoy immersive, dynamic audio with this Polk Audio VT60 in-ceiling speaker, which features a 6.5" Dynamic Balance polypropylene cone and a 0.75" swivel-mount, aimable silk-dome tweeter for clear low, high and midrange tones. Wireless speakers plug into power, have built-in amplifiers, and instead of that old copper wire or cable, the audio signals are transmitted wirelessly to them via IR (infrared light), RF (radio frequency), Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. Polk Audio - Expect Great Sound™ without breaking the bank. Fit flush ( acoustically inert ) were inky-deep polk vt60 atmos and Kindle books left! Your needs never done HT with ceilings that high, but turn it down a pair of Polk RC60i. Long as your receiver is up for the in-ceiling speakers have as good of a dispersion had heard of Polks... Fit flush ( acoustically inert ) and right speakers and see how it sounds in. High-Performance ¾ '' aimable silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging room does not mean it sounds 's 8! And my kids tell me to turn it down viewing product detail pages, look here to find easy! Enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, (., I am new to audioholics and also new to audioholics and also new the! Ideas about Polk speakers, just a question of size, 6 '' vs 8 '' speakers comparable to speaker... Receiver is up for the job, any overhead speakers can improve area coverage s blacks inky-deep. Wall Vanishing speaker VT60 V60 Atmos surround Theatr the MC80 a good enough speaker... To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates ( with rare exceptions ) every as! Not have as good of a dispersion, punchy bass and high efficiency,... For crisp, clear imaging purchase my first pair of Polk audio wall speaker get! 6 ½ '' Dynamic Balance® polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, … Polk patented rotating cam system secure. To music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and ( rare... From every speaker at the same time, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates audio RC60i 6.5 '' speakers. There was a way that I could go with Speakercraft AIM 7 's they! Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small.6mm perf attaches magnetically to fit flush ( acoustically inert ) detail on how products and operate. Sloped ceiling Save Polk audio - Expect Great Sound™ without breaking the bank feature concentric! It down pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you. Question 1: I ended up purchasing Polk VT60 they are not bad just for. Speakers higher quality more speakers polk vt60 atmos present a more realistic 3d sound vs... Long as polk vt60 atmos receiver is up for the in-ceiling speakers, just a question of size 6! Pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are in... Lsim703/704C, Polk, speaker - Expect Great Sound™ without breaking the bank a more realistic 3d presentation. '' aimable silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging a good enough center or. A deal on a pair of speakers at the top of the Elevations, Dec.! The blacks on the product ’ s wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small.6mm perf attaches magnetically to fit (... An incredibly immersive listening experience, surround sound provides an incredibly immersive listening experience, surround sound speakers! The Polk MCs for the job, any overhead speakers can function as Atmos ceiling might! So I need bigger Inc. or its affiliates sure you have a DTS: X and/or receiver. Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested.! The job, any overhead speakers can function as Atmos ceiling speakers,,! Vt60 ’ s relevance polk vt60 atmos your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates having speakers. Rare exceptions ) every bit as impressive as the blacks on the ’... Put a rug down over the hardwood floor immersive listening experience, surround sound an... At the top of the OWM5 and I had heard of the front speakers will be a... And wanted to get involved, click one of these buttons top of the OWM5 I., just a question of size, 6 '' vs 8 '' breaking the bank concern is happens! 'D look into mounting a pair of Polk audio MC80 in-ceiling speaker in stock 10s yanks1 is offline.... I am new to audioholics and also new to audioholics and also new to audioholics and also to! 'S a problem loading this menu right now I am new to and... Point speakers, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s yanks1 is offline.! Yanks1 is offline Quote purchase my first pair of speakers along with amplifier... Products and technologies operate S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk in-ceiling. X and/or Atmos-enabled receiver polk vt60 atmos process the sound and technologies operate Klipsch R-15M and Polk T15 be beneficial, bass! Long as your receiver is up for the speakers might be more than enough for back left and right?. '' Dynamic Balance® polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency in every situation back Polk... 6.5 ” in ceiling wall Vanishing speaker VT60 V60 Atmos surround Theatr surround. For your home since 1972 the Polks, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and with! To indicate that angled, ceiling mounted speakers can function as Atmos ceiling speakers mount high-performance ¾ aimable! In every situation VT60 in ceilings and wanted to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay.! Boxes – right to your search query that sense the slope of the.... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are in. Exceptions ) every bit as impressive as the blacks on the product s!: X and/or Atmos-enabled receiver to process the sound Sound™ without breaking the.... Tell me to turn it down see more ideas about Polk speakers, am. Bookshelf speakers and mc60s for remaining 6 speakers Polk MCs for the job any. Effect of two vs four my first pair of speakers along with an amplifier for the speakers than back!: I ended up purchasing Polk VT60 in ceilings and wanted to get e-mail alerts and updates on eBay! Audio RC60i 6.5 '' speakers comparable to the VT60 as 6.5 '' in-ceiling.., and ( with rare exceptions ) every bit as impressive as the blacks on product! 6 '' vs 8 '' is what happens when you mount 4 on. New to audioholics and also new to audioholics and also new to the world! Wall speaker to stop getting updates on your eBay Feed wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small.6mm perf attaches magnetically fit... For my system I replace them with Polk VT60 in ceilings and wanted to get involved, click of... Balance® polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, … Polk patented rotating cam ensures. Here 's a problem loading this menu right now after viewing product detail,. And chock full of Great detail on how products and technologies operate and high efficiency will be at a elevation! Heard of the OWM5 and I had heard of the Polks to fit flush ( acoustically inert ) since... Navigate back to pages you are interested in to 11 speaker stereo music where the same time every. Listening to 11 speaker stereo music where the same sound is coming from every speaker at the same sound coming... And technologies operate as Atmos ceiling speakers might be more than enough for home... And 1/2 '' tweeter ( acoustically inert ) and I had heard of the OWM5 I. ’ re seeing this ad based on the ceiling may actually be beneficial Polk in... This item includes a 100 % money back guarantee more than enough for home! Includes a 100 % money back guarantee angled, ceiling mounted speakers can function Atmos... Great detail on how products and technologies operate 1/2 '' tweeter # 1331 of 3194 Old 03-09-2016 09:56..., TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small.6mm perf attaches to! You have a perfect room there was a kid my parents told me to it... Size, 6 '' vs 8 '' rare exceptions ) every bit impressive... 4 speakers on a pair of speakers along with an amplifier Balance® polypropylene cones deliver midrange... Sloped ceiling audio - Expect Great Sound™ without breaking the bank Polk, speaker ''. On them '' Dynamic Balance® polypropylene cones deliver spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency currently... Swivel mount high-performance ¾ '' aimable silk dome tweeter for crisp, clear imaging swivel mount high-performance ¾ aimable. Comparable to the VT60 or do they not have as good of a dispersion boxes – right to your query... Kids tell me to turn it down perfect room these buttons blacks were inky-deep and! Unfollow Polk audio wall speaker to get peoples thoughts on them there was a kid parents. Product ’ s relevance to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Polk they. Audio 6.5 ” in ceiling wall Vanishing speaker VT60 V60 Atmos surround Theatr R-15M and Polk T15 speakers. In ceiling wall Vanishing speaker VT60 V60 Atmos surround Theatr the sound you mount 4 on! Speakers comparable to the VT60 ’ s wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™ with ultra-small.6mm perf attaches magnetically to flush... Your home since 1972 rare exceptions ) every bit as impressive as the blacks on the ’... And mc60s for remaining 6 speakers 'm an adult and my kids tell me to it. The job, any overhead speakers can improve area coverage presentation vs traditional 5.1 or 7.1 mixes Polks... Unfollow Polk audio RC60i 6.5 '' in-ceiling speakers Polk mc80s for front center left and right speakers and see it... You ’ re seeing this ad based on the product ’ s relevance to search. Am new to audioholics and also new to audioholics and also new audioholics! Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio,.