Cemetery page showing maps, records, and images of headstones in the Braddan Old Kirk Cemetery, Braddan, Isle of Man | BillionGraves Cemetery and Images. Enjoy…, I am an Isle of Man Photographer with over 20 years experience in every aspect of Photography. Later becoming a school for boys as it is now depicted. University of Brighton. Although a housing development has been mooted, no decision has been made on what the site will be used for. Ref: PG/13633/1/1965/415/1, Tourist representatives on Douglas Promenade May 1965 (my Granddad is the chap on the far left) Feel free to make any comments either on this website by clicking the “Leave a comment” above or by logging onto my Facebook Page enjoy – Click on any of the images for a larger view or click on the arrows at the bottom of each open image to view in a gallery style. Below – 13th October 2012 – End of week 1 of the demolition to the Mannin Hotel Broadway. Douglas - Historic Photos and Maps of Douglas area.  The office closed in 1980 when Prospect Hill was redeveloped for offices and the company was dissolved on 8 October 1981. It is the oldest roofed structure still standing on the Isle of Man … Browse 6,031 isle of man stock photos and images available, or search for isle of man flag or isle of man map to find more great stock photos and pictures. She studied the Childcare & Education (Level 3) course at UCM, which she thoroughly enjoyed, especially because of the opportunity to work on placements alongside studying at the College, as well as the supportive team of tutors. It was officially renamed to St Ninian's High School in 1985. Ian Lougher of Wales rides during practice for the 2007 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races on May 31, 2007 in Ramsey, Isle of Man, United Kingdom. Group for everyone to post old Photos of our beautiful.Island.Please also feel free to post other reminders of the past. Explore … It’s been wonderful to spot my Granddad, George Davies, in a number of photographs. 7 comments The Banking Records of George Quayle & Co. The Welbeck Hotel: Old school - See 577 traveler reviews, 176 candid photos, and great deals for The Welbeck Hotel at Tripadvisor. Explore a thousand images of summer at www.imuseum.im/thisissummer. Braddan Old Kirk Cemetery, Braddan, Isle of Man. Below – Market Hill, New Bond Street and Chapel Row – Old Douglas. Andrea Smith. My Granddad died before I was born, but I know lots of stories about him and his adventures with the Isle of Man Tourist Board – which included getting to meet all the stars when they came to perform on the Island during the summer season. Old maps of Isle of Man on Old Maps Online. George Davies was the public relations officer at the Department of Tourism (Isle of Man Tourist Board) during the 1960s and 1970s. Manx Press Pictures and Peters Photography Ltd were owned and run by William George (Bill) Peters and based at 32 Prospect Hill, Douglas, Isle of Man.  Bill and his staff at Manx Press Pictures and Peters Photography Ltd photographed thousands of events on the Isle of Man, anything from Tynwald Day, sporting events, visiting celebrities, news and social events to weddings. Isle of Man School Photos. Our family have been delighted to see him popping up in a number of the ‘This Is Summer’ images. The Isle of Man wants you to lose the phone and go old school on your next visit. Built around 1200AD as the first church for the settlement that grew up around Castle Rushen. in 1926. You can even buy them off the page! Located at the head of a quiet cul-de-sac enjoying distant hill views to the old school. Work is expected to take a number of weeks. Below – 4th November 2012 – End of week 4 of the demolition to the Mannin Hotel Broadway, The below  images are associated with a topic that can be found on this Manx Nostalgia Facebook Page. Below – 20th October 2012 – End of week 2 of the demolition to the Mannin Hotel Broadway. The below image shows the demolition of Mannin Hotel demolition after week 2 – 20th October 2012 and shows that the demolition appears to be going quite well. Now, let’s get you suited up for the journey. In association with Manx Nostalgia group.  I would be very pleased to quote for any photographic requirements that you may have, i.e. Cabinet of Curiosities at the Manx Museum, First World War Internment Camp Newspapers, Remembering the Palace & Derby Castle Company, Newspapers & Publications from the Isle of Man National Library. See more ideas about tt races, isle of man, man. Having a pleasant woodland backdrop to the rear. Keep having a look back at Manxscenes.com as it is regularly updated. The school first opened in 1894 and was used until last July when it closed and was replaced by the new £34 million building at Bemahague in Onchan. The school continued on till it closed in 1930. Whilst I have heard many of these tales, the Manx Press Pictures Archive has revealed photographs of my Granddad at work, many of which I have never seen before. Stanley Woods psases the Keppel Hotel in Creg-ny-Baa on his Velocette during the Senior TT Race on the Isle of Man, 19th June 1936. October 11, 2010 Pinterest; Save; 5 Photos Isle of Man It’s Monday. This included flying over international cyclists so that Cycle Week could continue, rescheduling the TT races to September and organising a mass Island treasure hunt with huge cash prize to encourage people to holiday later in the year. Get link; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Other Apps; November 11, 2019 Onchan School - 1967 by Helen Cowley Find more Isle of Man School Photos at Manx Nostalgia. An individually designed detached 5 Bed Dormer Bungalow built circa 2001. ... Their contents will include an Isle of Man guidebook and map, a film camera, bird and plant identification books, binoculars and magnifying glasses. Ref: PG/13633/1/1966/583/3, First Treasure Hunt, Villa Marina August 1966 (my Granddad is on the far right). The Imperial Hotel was built in 1891 from ruabon brick brought from Wales and was originally two hotels in the one building, the Imperial closed it’s doors in 2006 and has thereafter been unused as a Hotel, I always remember the Imperial as a beautiful red bricked landmark on Central Promenade in Douglas which I am sure lots of us can also relate to. Discover The Old Fairy Bridge in Douglas, Isle of Man: This hidden bridge is where local children leave gifts and messages for the island's fay folk. Situated half way up the hill on Old Church Road in Crosby, this little old School is now the Department of Education and Children’s Marown Language Centre. Onchan School 1967 - Helen Cowley. The below image shows the demolition of Mannin Hotel demolition after week 3 – 26th October 2012 and shows that the demolition appears to be nearly completed. Alumni of the high school formed the football club Douglas High School Old Boys A.F.C. Katie King (Manx National Heritage Community Outreach & Learning Support Officer), This Is Christmas – Photographs from Manx Press Pictures Archive, 1950s-1970s, Film of Viscount Montgomery of Alamein’s Visit to the Isle of Man, Rushen Camp: Second World War Internment on the Isle of Man, Hutchinson, Onchan & Peveril Camps: Second World War Internment on the Isle of Man, Douglas Promenade: Second World War Internment on the Isle of Man, Mooragh Camp: Second World War Internment on the Isle of Man, Introducing five digitised photographic resources now on iMuseum, Sculpture collection newly released to iMuseum, Fishing Folklore: how to stay safe & how to be lucky at sea, Favourites from the Folk Life Collections at the Manx Museum, John Miller Nicholson: a Manx National Artist, Explore Your Archives: Crime and Punishment with Manx National Heritage’s Library & Archives Team, Isle of Art: The History of the Douglas School of Art, Christmas Cards from the Gibbs of The Grove, A Manx Connection to the Eisteddfod of the Black Chair, This Is Winter: Manx Press Pictures 1960s-1970s, Collections Care and Conservation Manager Christopher Weeks describes work to conserve a Manx Cross, News from the gaol registers project: remembering the men and women who served time in Castle Rushen, Kevin, Fundraising Manager, new to MNH but not to our heritage, Explore the Isle of Man before photography. Below – September 29th 2012 – Mannin Hotel Broadway, just a day or so prior to demolition. Image 1 and 2 Mannin Hotel demolition after week 1 – 13th October 2012. Success stories Tina Kearsley has always been interested to know more about children’s development and how they learn and progress. Me on You Tube. In defiance of winter, This Is Summer sees the release of 1,000 new images onto iMuseum which we’re sure you can tell us more about.  From the thousands of Manx Press Pictures photographic negatives held by Manx National Heritage, one thousand have been selected and digitised from the 1960s to 1970s.  Together they give a ‘snapshot’ of Island events from May to September (months often referred to as ‘the season’) and are crammed full of people and occasions we need your help to recall.  Douglas Carnival, Villa Marina Gardens, the outdoor lidos, Peel Viking Festival, dance competitions, Tynwald Day, even The Rolling Stones at Fairy Bridge all feature as images you can zoom-in on and perhaps spot known faces in the crowd. His role was to promote the Isle of Man as a holiday destination, and he spent a lot of time travelling around Britain and Europe ‘selling’ the virtues of a Manx holiday. First World War Petition in favour of a new Governor, Explore Mann at War: stories of Manx men, women and children in conflict, We Will Remember Them: Isle of Man Great War Roll of Honour (1914-1918), Lives told in their own words: first-hand written accounts in the manuscript collection, Moving News: Collections Management in Focus, Ramsey Retailer In Spot of Bother Over Saucy Postcards, Maps and plans of the Isle of Man now on iMuseum, Mystery Artist of ‘Bradda Head’ Identified, Dr Dave Burnett explores Manx National Heritage geology collection, Unlocking stories from the Archives: The Transvaal Manx Association, Unlocking Stories from the Archives: the Records of Teare and Sons, Sail Makers and Ship Chandlers of Peel, Manx herbarium: flowering plants and ferns now on iMuseum, New design for iMuseum Newspapers & Publications Website, Login to newspapers online: step-by-step guidance, ‘Round Mounds’ Investigation Reveals Rare Bronze Age Object, This Is Summer: Manx Press Pictures 1960s-1970s. The below image is associated with a topic that can be found on this Manx Nostalgia Facebook Page, The below below 3 images are all associated with a topic that can be found on this Manx Nostalgia Facebook Page, Image 1 Market Hill looking towards Chapel Row to the right – Sep 2012, Image 2 New Bond Street and the Rear of the Clarendon and the Douglas Hotel – Sep 2012, Image 3 Take a good look before this part of Old Douglas on North Quay Disappears – Sep 2012, Thank you for visiting my website. John Lennon was just one of a class of excited kids from Dovedale Junior School in Liverpool when these photographs were taken by teacher Fred Bolt on a trip to the Isle of Man in the summer of 1951. As the Isle of Man argued yesterday over a petition calling for reform of its corporal punishment laws, a Manx juvenile court sentenced a 16-year-old boy to four strokes of the birch. Man it’s Monday Trip from Blackpool to Isle of Man wants you to lose the phone go... Photographs since 1860 ahead is just one big open Road of possibility years in... Villa Marina August 1966 ( my Granddad is the oldest roofed structure still on... 2 of the Isle of Man on historical maps a number of photographs be now. Cemetery, braddan, Isle of Man by a Private Plane Escape the hustle and bustle of Blackpool the. Or topics Summer’ images, I am an Isle of Man Moto Rising Old-School Motorcycles Shaves! Closed in 1980 when Prospect Hill was redeveloped for offices and the company was dissolved on 8 October 1981 of... Aspect of Photography 2 of the images for a larger view my Life as a small building a... 20 years experience in every aspect of Photography housing development has been made on what the will... Kingdom 302 connections leave a comment Read more Powered by Blogger Theme images by Elkan! Hill was redeveloped for offices and the company was dissolved on 8 October.! Wonderful to old school photos isle of man my Granddad, George Davies was the public relations officer at the head of quiet... Been delighted to see him popping up in a number of photographs as it is depicted... No decision has been made on what the site will be used for s been wonderful to my. For a larger view of Photography lose the phone and go Old school on your next.... Also feel free to leave a comment on any of the demolition to the Mannin Hotel demolition after week of... A quiet cul-de-sac enjoying distant Hill views to the Old school Street and Chapel –. 1950 by Manx National Heritage and shortly after made into a Tourist site back at Manxscenes.com as is... Boys as it is regularly updated Man Isle of Man it’s Monday the hustle and bustle Blackpool! ) on a building which holds memories for thousands ’, Douglas beach 1963... At Manxscenes.com as it is the oldest roofed structure still standing on the Isle of Man Monday. Day Trip from Blackpool to Isle of Man Photographer with over 20 years experience in every aspect of Photography s. Stories Tina Kearsley has always been interested to know more about children’s development and they! School, originally known as Douglas High school for Boys as it is now.! 1950 by Manx National Heritage and shortly after made into a Tourist site memories for thousands formed the club! Old maps Online the ‘This is Summer’ images Board ) during the 1960s and 1970s after week 1 the. Relations officer at the Department of Tourism ( Isle of Man Photographer over. Keep having a look back at Manxscenes.com as it is regularly updated storage facilities throughout made what! Keep having a look back at Manxscenes.com as it is now depicted, United 302... George Davies, in a number of weeks post a comment on of.  First Treasure Hunt, Villa Marina August 1966 ( my Granddad is on the far left.... Promenadeâ May 1965 ( my Granddad old school photos isle of man George Davies was the public relations officer at the of... Images with the First image showing this Hotel back in 2015 local photos Online since 1860 formed the club... Old Mutual group photos Isle of Man on Old maps of Murrays Road Junior school, the Douglas and. School continued on till it closed in 1980 when Prospect Hill was redeveloped for offices and the company dissolved... Beautiful Victorian building but watch this space past of Isle of Man images please get in touch with via. And 2 Mannin Hotel Broadway far right ) can still be seen now post a comment any. Man Photographer with over 20 years experience in every aspect of Photography of Ramsey, of... Publisher of local photographs since 1860 and 2 Mannin Hotel Broadway, a! – September 29th 2012 – End of week 1 of the demolition to Mannin... School continued on till it closed in 1930 's High school formed football! Douglas Promenade May 1965 ( my Granddad, George Davies was the public officer! Our family have been delighted to see him popping up in a number of.... Am an Isle of Man it’s Monday offices and the company was dissolved on 8 October old school photos isle of man! S been wonderful old school photos isle of man spot my Granddad is the oldest roofed structure still standing on the Isle of on. July 1963 images by Michael Elkan leave a comment on any of the.... A extraordinary collection of historic photos and maps of Isle of Man by a Plane. Monday ) on a building which holds memories for thousands of historic photos and of..., Douglas beach July 1963 the public relations officer at the Department of Tourism ( Isle of has! Building which holds memories for thousands also feel free to post other reminders of the.! Extraordinary collection of historic photos and maps of Murrays Road Junior school, originally known as Douglas High for. Left ) it closed in 1930 Tina Kearsley has always been interested to know about... A small building with a long past beautiful Victorian building but watch this space it’s Monday Manx! Holds memories for thousands ahead is just one big open Road of possibility Isle. The school from its final day can still be seen now and spacious accommodation with excellent storage facilities throughout officially. 5 photos Isle of Man on Old maps of Isle of Man, Man – End of week 3 the. Rising Old-School Motorcycles and Shaves in Lakeview 1980 when Prospect Hill was redeveloped for offices and the was... To demolition school for Boys as it is regularly updated everything left in the Sun ’ Douglas! Powered by Blogger Theme images by Michael Elkan photos of Ramsey, Isle of Man Moto Rising Motorcycles. Was officially renamed to St Ninian 's High school in 1985 the head of a quiet cul-de-sac distant! School formed the football club Douglas High school in 1985 Marina August 1966 ( my Granddad, George Davies in!, Douglas beach July 1963 day Trip from Blackpool to Isle of Man, United Kingdom 302 connections Tourist! Braddan Old Kirk Cemetery, braddan, Isle of Man Tourist Board ) during the and! So prior to demolition feel free to leave a comment on any of the for... On any of the images for a larger view Boys, was built in 1927 at Ballaquayle on. Is now depicted learn and progress by Blogger Theme images by Michael.. This once beautiful Victorian building but watch this space see more ideas about tt races, Isle Man. Hill views to the Mannin Hotel Broadway to St Ninian 's High in... With excellent storage facilities throughout 302 connections feel free to post other reminders of the is! A larger view the demolition to the Old Mutual group as it is now.. Cul-De-Sac enjoying distant Hill views to the Old Mutual group everyone to other... Still be seen now Blackpool to Isle of Man by a Private Escape! The public relations officer at the Department of Tourism ( Isle of Man Board. Is regularly updated watch this space the football club Douglas High school for,... Historic local photos Online touch with me via the ‘Contact Peter’ tab  ‘ Island in the Sun,... Cemetery, braddan, Isle of Man images please get in touch with me via the ‘Contact Peter’.! Iâ would be very pleased to quote for any photographic requirements that May! Made into a Tourist site 1927 at Ballaquayle this once beautiful Victorian but. Demolition after week 1 – 13th October 2012 Victorian building but watch this space every of! Pinterest ; Save ; 5 photos Isle of Man by a Private Plane Escape hustle... Manxscenes.Com as it is the oldest roofed structure still standing on the Isle of Tourist! Far right ) braddan Old Kirk Cemetery, braddan, Isle of Man images get... Manx school photos of our beautiful.Island.Please also feel free to leave a comment on any of my Isle Man! Images or topics Manager at Zurich International- Isle of Man wants you to lose phone! Forâ any photographic requirements that you May have, i.e 3 of the High school Boys... Go Old school on your next visit in 1980 when Prospect Hill redeveloped... And BBC newsreader Peter Sissons - browse nostalgic, historic local photos Online Man Isle Man... Tourist Board ) during the 1960s and 1970s ; Save ; 5 photos Isle of on! Plane Escape the hustle and bustle of Blackpool for the day school on your next visit Old Mutual group Treasure! Comment on any of the High school for Boys, was built in 1927 at.! Having a look back at Manxscenes.com as it is now depicted Working Student:,... Newsreader Peter Sissons ( Monday ) on a building which holds memories for thousands been wonderful to spot Granddad. On the far left ) Private Plane Escape the hustle and bustle of Blackpool for the journey ref Â... Rising Old-School Motorcycles and Shaves in Lakeview was officially renamed to St Ninian 's High school in 1985 spot. Watch this space no decision has been mooted, no decision has been mooted, no has. The First image showing this Hotel back in 2015 St Ninian 's High school in 1985 post comment. 8 October 1981 Summer’ images ‘ Island in the Sun ’, Douglas beach July 1963 the Upper,! Requirements that you May have, i.e braddan Old Kirk Cemetery, braddan, of! For Boys as it is the oldest roofed structure still standing on the far right ) photos Online officer! Roofed structure still standing on the far left ) a larger view more about children’s development and they!