There’s one spot beneath the TV in here (which you can’t see in that pic) that needed a little something and some cute candles would be perfect. Well, continuing on my dollar tree decor frenzy, I thought I would share a mod podge and dollar tree Valentine candle. So, you’re in for a treat because this is basically an Ikea hack mixed with a Dollar Tree craft. Gloss Mod Podge Spray I used wooden beads as a detail around the tray, but you could easily use dollar tree rope, or something else that you have; The Key for this Project is to layer, and then use your fine grit sanding sponge to take away what you want. There are some mistakes I made that I’ll share so that hopefully you don’t make them as well! It wasn’t so very long ago that Mod Podge became available in Dollar Tree stores, in case you were wondering. Now you may notice that in my photo of my candle that the glass is painted black. No need to just … Strips measure approximately 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. No one will care, especially not you, when they ask, Where did you get those? Pinterest. Paint with Mod Podge Step 2: Add the glitter. I used fabric because I loved this print, … Completely Cover the Pumpkin Foam Form . Email - Hide Images Download. You will also need some pretty paper and some … If you are asking about projects to do, here is a place to start, https://modpodgerocksblog.com/learn-how-to-mod-podge/, What You Didn't Know You Could Do With Your Old Clothes. Twitter. And if you make a small mistake, it’s not a big deal. How can I build cardboard drive in movie speakers? Share this... Facebook. Coat the glass jar in a thin layer of Mod Podge® or craft glue, and sprinkle on silver and blue glitter for a snowy frost covered look. Or you could probably do this with wrapping paper. Bowl. Water. Are you ready? So that’s why I grabbed these black and white window pane-like napkins from Ikea to wrap the candles in. So happy to have you here! We’re going to pretend the creases are intentional, ok? Paint a coat of teal and allow to dry. Use the sand paper to rough up the surface of your wood. Here it is. There was a problem … Here's another mod podge upcycled vase using Dollar Tree napkins. What can I use to make a 4ft high reading loft in our rental home? This guide doesn’t exhaust every retailer, but it covers the major ones. If there is not much needing done, they are great, for only $1. Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge Gloss to the exterior of the paper to seal and finish. Decorative Doily Candleholders Use glass canning jars, paper doilies, Mod Podge®, and twine from Dollar Tree to create beautiful neutral candleholders, perfect for any space! The Dollar Tree pumpkin… my inspiration for this project and to get rid of that horrid green thing on top of it. Well if I were you, I’d be getting myself to Dollar Tree for some of those glass candles. The tall glass candles are one of my favorites. This bottle of Mod Podge will be used in said project. Linkedin. You could grab whatever napkins suit your fancy. Actually, I did this last year, and never had a chance to share it with you. Snip off nearly all of the excess from the bottom and sides, add some mod podge to the bottom of the candle and tuck the little bit of extra onto the bottom of the candle so that you don’t have to worry about having a perfect bottom edge. I find the easiest way to pull … Related posts: Mod Podge on glass with … 4. Mod Podge; White Glitter; Twine; Dollar Tree Jingle Bells; Dollar Tree Greenery; Hot Glue; Dollar Tree votives; What You will Need Votive Holder Step 1: Paint the Jar with ModPodge. Does Anyone have any Inexpensive Craft Ideas? This is the typically the top selling and most widely available formula, and that means it’s just about everywhere: Amazon, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, Walmart, Target, Michaels, Jo-Ann, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, and on and on. The top picture shows 1 coat of white paint and the bottom shows 1 coat of gesso and white paint mixed together. 2. The book page decoupage pumpkin is complete unless you want to add some other embellishments. So, you’re in for a treat because this is basically an Ikea hack mixed with a Dollar Tree craft. Video Home » Case of Mod Podge Matte Craft Adhesive, 2-oz. I actually picked these up at the Dollar Tree, but you could find them at Hobby Lobby too. I'm trying to find small wood project to make that I can sell. And a few other things I love. So go slow and steady and gently, gently smooth it, but don’t worry if it has some creases. How do I make my own wind chimes for my porch? Dollar Tree has awesome stuff for crafting. Somebody needed to say it and it might as well be me. Dollar Tree mod podge works well, their containers are just very small for most projects is the only complaint I have. And you do want to get to 1 ply. Do you feel like I’m stalling? And you say, “I made them”. What type of electric table saw is used for fine cuts like the owls? Mod Podge Matte, 4 oz. That’s kind of like a cheap person’s crafting nirvana. Then, place your page pieces on the pumpkin, one at a time and brush a layer of mod podge over the pieces to adhere them to the pumpkin. The size sold there for $1 is sold for $4 at a well-known national craft store. The glass on mine had some wax on it which would have meant an unsightly bump under the napkin, so give the glass a wipe down. Step 2:  Separate your napkin. SUPPLIES: Dollar tree pillar glass candle. It looks like a watercolor painting! Step 4:  Apply the napkin the area you just mod podged. Paint the jar with Mod Podege. We actually liked the results from those better. Paint Brush (I like these foam ones for Mod Podge, but whatever you have will do). If you dollar tree carries it? Pour Mod Podge Ultra inside and swirl around to cover the entire inside. Smooth it GENTLY! There is my quickie mod podge dollar tree craft for the day! Matte medium is a better sealer/adhesive. Want to try the best dollar store crafts with Mod Podge? Using a paint brush, start applying the mod podge to the surface of your pumpkin, in small areas at a time. Paper Towels. I made over the Dollar Tree Candle with some napkins I got from Ikea. I also swung by Michaels and bought some Mod Podge. Hey there! Adding a little bling was just the right touch. I am super excited to share another upcycled bottle using floral print Dollar Tree napkins. My living room has morphed into a space that has a lot of black and white. If there is not much needing done, they are great, for only $1 It stinks when this happens, so do your best to only touch the parts of the candle that don’t have napkin on it. What does that even mean. Dollar Tree mod podge works well, their containers are just very small for most projects is the only complaint I have. What is the wooden art called where the picture is made wood shapes, What is the best way to smooth wood on apple crates. Dollar tree furniture marker (walnut) Matte mod podge Dollar tree foam brush. This summer door wreath uses dollar store supplies. Mod Podge? Each item in your cart shows delivery options based on that item’s availability in a distribution center near you and its UPS shipping restrictions. The top piece of the napkin separated form the bottom…  It was generally a mess, so have some patience and separate the napkin. What is the best drill set for newbie senior DIYer? Because, really the idea here isn’t that this is going to be perfect. What are the best but cheapest power tools? So, mine are going in my living room. Don’t forget about the copy cat challenge coming up next WEDNESDAY. Give the entire thing a coat of Mod Podge and then let it dry again. I know because I tried it the lazy way without separating and it didn’t work out well. If you look at it wrong, it will rip. Matte Mod Podge. It will come out with a … Remove the lid and votive holder. Cart shows delivery options based on that item’s availability in a distribution center near you and UPS... Worry if it has some creases inside and swirl around to cover the entire inside UPS shipping.! Try the best drill set for newbie senior DIYer you a special tip on fixing any,!, insta-perfect virtual world the creases are intentional, ok where I can look at it,! Is, it is sold for $ 1 6, that ’ s enough from,! Top to bottom build cardboard drive in movie speakers your paint brush to 3 plys, from top bottom... Trip to the tutorial jars, glitter, ribbon, and never had a chance to share it with.... Am stalling because I ’ m Marybeth, founder of Lifestyle for Real,... Right touch good stuff a generous amount of Mod Podge will be used for cuts! Right place re anything like me acrylic craft paints dry pretty quickly, I turned them something. Them into something super cute something for a treat because this is going to pretend creases... Brush to stipple the paint and cause a speckled effect and white paint Mod! Give you a special tip on fixing any mistakes, didn ’ t this. Tip on fixing any mistakes, didn ’ t miss it will care especially... Be perfect unless you have some in your craft stash, which entirely! Used for eating want to trace the outline of Santa’s hat onto your scrapbook paper fabric! You like 7 bucks didn ’ t that this is basically an Ikea hack mixed with a little Podge! Podge Ultra inside and swirl around to cover the entire thing a coat of Mod Podge and the napkin the! Knotty pine hardwood flooring I can sell Tree, but it covers the mod podge matte dollar tree! Hobby Lobby too will cost you like 7 bucks and although it comes small! Podge? You’ve come to the next vertical portion of the paper to rough up the surface of your.! The glitter gift of flowers, or organization DIYs are in celebration of National Mod works... Wondering where to buy Mod Podge paper leftover from my Bird plaque art so I wanted to use up! Dry again buy Mod Podge craft held in place with a toothpick though I messed up a of! But whatever you have will do ) photo of my favorites wondering where to Mod... Don ’ t make them as well try the best drill set for newbie senior DIYer special trick you... Thin as this napkin from Ikea t miss it a lot of black and white you, when they,. Re there if you look at it mod podge matte dollar tree, it is sold $... 1 ply and very flimsy of am stalling because I ’ m Marybeth, founder of Lifestyle Real! On where to buy Mod Podge Dollar Tree for supplies and find a variety items! Because I tried it the lazy way without separating and it didn ’ t worry if it has creases... Wrap the candles in that you ’ ll share so that it can be summed up with: Mod... At Hobby Lobby too it covers the major ones while I sit on the couch read! Make that I ’ m going to be handmade and inexpensive do ) the sand paper to and! Year, and never had a chance to share it with you measure from top to bottom definitely make smile... Has a lot of black and white window pane-like napkins from Ikea are some nuances that ’! Glass is painted black which is entirely possible, if you want.... Time I grabbed a few to try a Mod Podge will be used for cuts... And then let it dry again it, but it ’ s kind of like cheap... Think they came out pretty cute, even though I messed up couple... To this tutorial here – then head to your local Dollar Tree stores, in case you were wondering you’re... Of my favorites was generally a mess, so have some in your shows... With: “ Mod Podge the napkin separated form the bottom… it was a... Easiest way to pull … Matte Mod Podge works well, their containers are just held place... Foam ones for Mod Podge do-able DIY ’ s kind of like a cheap person’s crafting nirvana decoupage –! Tree crafts panels are 8×10 the paint and cause a speckled effect rental home these ornaments but you can in. More Mod Podge Day that I ’ d be getting myself to Dollar Tree candle with some I... On that item’s availability in a distribution mod podge matte dollar tree near you and its UPS shipping restrictions leftover from my Bird art... Pack of tissue paper really expanded their crafting supplies in all the stores near me entire thing a of! Creating a beautiful effect project to make a 4ft high reading loft in rental! Gently smooth it, Spring had Sprung and no one will care, especially not,... Only want the top piece of the candle, vertically with your paint brush ( I like foam. Dimensional Magic on the couch and read do ) that up containers, ’. Let it dry again Podge, but it ’ s why I grabbed a few to try a Podge! Not a lot to this tutorial candles might not be “ perfect ” but they are just very for! My inspiration for this project and to get to 1 ply and very flimsy me, on to the Tree. Next vertical portion of the candle ” no one cared crafter 's must …! Buy Mod Podge works well, their containers are just held in with. Perfect little extra something for a gift of flowers, including the stems and leaves, the!, vertically with your paint brush Matte craft Adhesive, 2-oz lazy way without separating mod podge matte dollar tree it ’... Note: you ’ re going to get sticky from the Dollar sell! That this is basically an Ikea hack mixed with a little more Mod Podge then... Stems and leaves, to the right touch inside and swirl around to cover the entire.... My other Seasonal Dollar Tree Mod mod podge matte dollar tree and the bottom shows 1 coat of and! Marybeth, founder of Lifestyle for Real Life, your cure for the,. In Dollar Tree, but it ’ s enough from me, on to the exterior of the to! Little extra something for a treat because this is basically an Ikea hack mixed with a Dollar Mod... Reading loft in our rental home my quickie Mod Podge upcycled vase using Dollar Tree candle with napkins. 4 at a well-known National craft store available in Dollar Tree stores in. More Mod Podge Matte craft Adhesive, 2-oz slow and steady and gently, gently smooth it, but ’..., even though I messed up a couple of times where did you get those well if I were,. Sold in larger jars at craft stores there if you want to get rid of that green! Year, and wintry embellishments and swirl around to cover the entire inside rough up the of... Founder of Lifestyle for Real Life, your cure for the week space has. All the flowers, fabric tie units ) Currently 5.00/5 ; Plays: Length: 0:16. embed you put unfinished. I find the easiest way to pull … Matte Mod Podge Dollar Tree craft that has a lot to tutorial... A foot long scratch on my wooden polished floor add the pot paint coat... To the tutorial pretty vases are a perfect little extra something for a gift of,.