Saline nasal spray (Sodium Chloride, Ocean, Ayr Saline, Humist, Rhinaris, NaSal, Little Noses, Ocean for Kids) is an OTC product used to treat nasal congestion and as a pretreatment for nasal steroid administration. They even do that with bottle water and water has been around for billions of years. Can contact solution be used as saline IV? Compare to the ingredients in Ocean®. Side effects, drug interactions, Dosage, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety information are provided. Saline (salt water) breaks down mucus, allowing it to flow out of sinus cavities and out the nose or into the stomach. Click … 2 Pack - OCEAN Saline Nasal Spray 1.5 Ounce Each By ocean 9.0 View Product 9.0 4: Ayr Saline Nasal Gel 0.50 oz By ayr 8.8 ... Alaklol Saline Nasal Spray, 1.69 oz 9.7 9.2 9.8 2: Gluten free. Laundry Detergent: Liquid and powder detergent stored in a cool dry place will keep well for 6 months to one year after opening. Okay, maybe I’m a little cheap. Before using Nasomist Saline Nasal Spray, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. Little Remedies Saline Spray and Drops, Safe for Newborns, 0.5 fl oz. So your bottle of saline is almost certainly fine, but the manufacturer didn’t want to spend the money to test it and guarantee that it would last for more than a few years. . For dry nasal membranes squeeze twice in each nostril as needed. And another voice chiming in to go buy another bottle if you need some-- it’s pretty cheap. Source(s): expired saline nasal spray: https://tr.im/ys1GN. Nasalcrom (cromolyn): Helps to relieve an… Shipped with USPS First Class Package. Get your answers by asking now. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. Repeat this procedure for your other nostril (if advised). Saline nasal sprays are a natural remedy that may provide you with relief from allergies. Premium Saline Nasal Moisturizing Spray instantly soothes dry nasal passages and provides non-medicated relief for dry, irritated noses. The usual delivery system is a squirt bottle or pump bottle. Compare to the ingredients in ocean. I presume you don’t want that. The second issue is whether or not the nasal spray is the right medicine for you during this time. Even my American Heritage Dictionary didn’t clear up for me what hypertonic means. Saline nasal spray good or bad? WebMD explains the types of spray and how to make your own. it should be safe but you never know. Condition is New. Sodium chloride, intranasal is an over-the-counter product used to relieve nasal congestion and dryness and as a pretreatment for nasal steroids to reduce nasal swelling.. All lots and expiration dates of Ocean Saline Nasal Spray have been recalled for a possible microbial combination, according to an announcement by Publix. I have a bottle of Ocean Premium Saline Nasal Spray. Yes,you can take tab.zyrtec.It contains Cetirizine & is a second-generation antihistamine.It is now available over-the-counter (OTC) & will provide you great relief. Don’t risk it. You should look at the expiration date of your nasal spray and throw it away if it is expired. How is it going to GO BAD? Dang. Compare to the ingredients in ocean. Posted by 1 month ago. For a modest ticket price, patrons can enjoy live comedy from a national headliner performing no more than 60 ft away. Make sure to follow the directions and use only the recommended amount of medication. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Similarly, there are saline nasal drops for infants, which use a dropper. And, since they’ll probably be growing right on the tip, you’ll have a good chance of putting a significant number of the critters straight into your eye. I keep it for emergencies, when something gets under one of my contacts and I need to remove it and rinse it out. Each bottle is still sealed. ! Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) is a great way for children and adults to relieve dry, irritated, or stuffy noses. Compare to the ingredients in Ocean®. The salt doesn’t evaporate, so the solution that’s still in the bottle has the same amount of salt as it did but some smaller amount of water than before. sinus pressure the past two days. You should look at the expiration date of your nasal spray and throw it away if it is expired. There are numerous store and brand names, including variations on several themes: Ocean Mist, Ocean Spray, Ocean, Simply Saline Nasal … Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Your best bet … Saline Nasal Spray for Baby and Kids by Boogie Mist, Decongestant, Made with Sterile Saline, Safe for Newborn, Fresh Scent, 3.1 Ounce, Transparent (816167010741) NoseFrida All-Natural Saline Nasal Snot Spray by Frida Baby. I received Arm & Hammer Simply Saline to try and review through #Smiley360 #free I was impressed I don't usually have a lot of luck with nasal sprays. Most saline nasal sprays contain sterilized water, salt (sodium chloride), and sometimes preservatives to give them a longer shelf life. It would bother me to toss out a half-full bottle of saline solution if there’s nothing wrong with it. Is it fine to still use it? A lot of medical or scientific products will have expiration dates for no particularly good reason. ET or via email at casupport@oceanspray.com. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had. The reason why is that you risk reinfection if you use it again. Is it fine to still use it? It is already SALT, a preservative ! I have a bottle of Ocean Premium Saline Nasal Spray. Ocean brand nasal spray is distributed by Bausch Health (formerly Valeant), which acquired the brand in 2012. If you are allergic to Saline Mist Spray (sodium chloride nasal); any part of Saline Mist Spray (sodium chloride nasal); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Wipe the tip of the nasal spray with a tissue or alcohol pad and put the cap back on. Using the spray correctly makes a big difference in how effective it will be in alleviating your symptoms 1. Dr. Al Hegab answered 40 years experience Allergy and Immunology Find Primary care doctors near you. Close. Saline nasal spray (Sodium Chloride, Ocean, Ayr Saline, Humist, Rhinaris, NaSal, Little Noses, Ocean for Kids) is an OTC product used to treat nasal congestion and as a pretreatment for nasal steroid administration. Many times Ocean Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) is used on an as needed basis. There may be cooties growing in that solution by now. I will be purchasing this spray!! It expired a while ago on 12/08, but it hasn't been opened and still has the protection seal on the cap. Our supplier has always told us that it's generally accepted knowledge in the pharmaceutical biz that meds are still fine for 6 - 12 months past the printed expiration date, if that helps you any. Please don’t risk your corneas and sight to an infection. How is it going to GO BAD? This product may also be given into the nose as drops or a stream. Both are excellent ways to introduce both bacteria and some food for them to grow on. COMPARE AND SAVE: Compare to the ingredients in Ocean®. If your congestion is really bad, you might need something stronger. A growing number of people seeking to keep runny noses and stuffy heads at bay are turning to saline irrigation. It is neither cost effective or rational to expect companies to prove stability for 6+ years more than the regulations require. Every winter, our nose becomes dry. Anyhow, I picked it up today and noticed that it expired back in 2004. All lots and expiration dates of Ocean Saline Nasal Spray have been recalled for a possible microbial combination, according to an announcement by Publix. Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) is a great way for children and adults to relieve dry, irritated, or stuffy noses. Ocean saline nasal spray is the original, No.1 pharmacist-recommended nasal saline moisturizer. i've been having. How to moisten our nose? Ocean brand nasal spray is distributed by Bausch Health (formerly Valeant), which acquired the brand in 2012. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc. No ill effects–so far…. And does it expire? I received Arm & Hammer Simply Saline to try and review through #Smiley360 #free I was impressed I don't usually have a lot of luck with nasal sprays. Thanks. It’s not as effective at treating sinus congestion and pain as other nasal … Usually, it means the manufacturer tested the container to confirm that it won’t spontaneously get leaky for X years, and then stamp “date of manufacture + x” as the expiration date. ! Relieve nasal dryness and irritation with the help of Ocean Saline Nasal Spray 1.5 oz. The first step in using a nasal spray correctly is making sure that you are using it for the right reasons. Spray this product into each nostril as needed or as directed by your doctor. Is it fine to still use it? Tips: Upright delivers a spray, horizontally a stream, upside down a drop. Adding moisture to the nasal passages also helps to combat stuffiness, congestion, and further infection. Bausch and Lomb Renu Multiplus is not a saline; Sensitive Eyes Saline is Bausch and Lomb’s saline line. Since it is unopened and a nasal spray where sterility is not your biggest concern I personally would use it. The only concern is it's sterility. What would happen if you injected vodka directly into your vein? Disinfecting ingredients, if there are any, may also degrade, and it is possible for bacteria to live in ophthalmic solutions. Thank you. It offers natural, non-medicated relief for dry, irritated nasal passages due to allergies, colds, flu, dry air, pollution, smoke, air travel, use of decongestant/steroidal sprays, rhinitis and sinusitis. Nasal Moisturizing Spray, 3 OZ. The expiration dates are based upon the stability requirements and regulations established for that type of product, and the manufacturers will have Little Remedies Saline Spray and Drops, Safe for Newborns, 0.5 fl oz. ), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. Since it is unopened and very unlikely to get contaminated and is going into a non sterile mucus membrane I don't see a real issue. Act now before it is too late. I haven't used it like a netti pot I haven't used one of those either. Saline nasal spray good or bad? Assuming it has been completely sealed off and bacteria couldn't have entered it, it won't do you any harm. Act now before it is too late. Saline nasal spray good or bad? You should look at the expiration date of your nasal spray and throw it away if it is expired. Generally things like saline have an expiration date for a garuntee of sterility for unopened bottles. No sense playing the odds when it comes to vision care, especially when we’re only talking a few bucks. I haven't used it like a netti pot I haven't used one of those either. I really don’t think that infection is your most serious concern here, if the bottle has been closed and kept in a dark place and what’s in there is simple saline (water with inorganic salts, no organic molecules for microorganisms to catabolize). Saline nasal spray is a common treatment for sinus congestion caused by allergies or colds. I am not going to vouch for whether it’s safe or not. Look for a spray that has purified water and sodium chloride to get the purest, most effective spray. Anyway, that stuff is okay since it wasn't open and stuck up your nose before and contaminated it. This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible. The remaining solution will be hypertonic, or too salty, compared to some standard level. I shudder to think of some kind of superbug that can reproduce without any appreciable source of energy and nutrients. 0 0. tolstoi_junkie. Thanks. Apparently it has been in there for awhile. This doesn’t happen very often. Posted by 1 month ago. i used saline nasal spray to flush my sinuses and realized it expired? How to use Deep Sea Spray, Non-Aerosol Spray this product into each nostril as needed or as directed by your doctor. The show will last about an hour and forty minutes and will include an opener, a feature and a headliner with national TV credits. This Ocean nasal spray also offers moisturization to nasal passages that are irritated due to dry climates and cold temperatures. Saline nasal sprays can be purchased without a prescription in most pharmacies or even at a grocery store in the medicine aisle. It gives you relief from cold, allergy and flu symptoms and is safe enough for frequent, daily use. I will be purchasing this spray!! Which COVID vaccination is best,as there are so many? If it is for allergy symptoms, then there is really no reason not to use it until it expires. 12 years experience Allergy and Immunology. Sodium chloride, intranasal is an over-the-counter product used to relieve nasal congestion and dryness and as a pretreatment for nasal steroids to reduce nasal swelling.. Saline nasal spray contains no medications, so overdose isn't a concern as such. In essence, you're flushing your nasal passages out with a saline … i use flonase for allergies. You can sign in to vote the answer. …

We are a state of the art venue that brings great talent to an intimate theater. So it will be okay to use whenever you use it. Most likely it is fine, but after the expiration date they can not guarantee it's sterility. There is a wide array of over-the-counter and prescription nasal sprays on the market. Find Primary care doctors near you. and how do we know which one is safe, and with out side effects? How to use saline nasal spray?We can moisten our nose using saline nasal spray. Thank you. This is the main reason that the expiration date exists. yes,always check the expiration date before taking/using any medication. Seller assumes all … Ocean (for use in the nose) is used to treat stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, dryness inside your nose and nasal passages, or nasal irritation caused by colds, flu, allergies, or pollutants. However, saline sprays do not include corticosteroids. Saline nasal spray is a simple remedy that helps to flush out mucus and bacteria. However, salt water can irritate mucous membranes if taken too much. edit: This is not a medication and has no active ingredient. It’s very common for people to make the mistake of touching the dropper tip with their fingers and (even worse) touching the dropper tip to their eye. Sodium chloride, intranasal is available under the following different brand names: Ocean, Ayr Saline, Entsol, HuMist, NaSal, Ocean for Kids, and Rhinaris. It’s not as effective at treating sinus congestion and pain as other nasal sprays or decongestant medicines. It gives you relief from cold, allergy and flu symptoms and is safe enough for frequent, daily use. Safe for daily use. For dry nasal membranes squeeze twice in each nostril as needed. Many times Ocean Nasal Spray (sodium chloride nasal) is used on an as needed basis. Saline sprays are not habit forming and can be used multiple times a day to aid in the healing process and to alleviate symptoms especially if you are prone to chronic sinus infections. There is a law that says they can't sell something without an expiration date on it. Saline sprays can come in similar-looking bottles as corticosteroid sprays. Each bottle is still sealed. Saline will reduce the thick mucus secretions in the sinuses and nose and help wash away particles, allergens, and germs. I shudder to think of some kind of superbug that can reproduce without any appreciable source of energy and nutrients. Contact lens solutions are considered to be medical products and their manufacture and testing are regulated by the FDA and their equivalents in other countries. Lv 4. Saline nasal spray is a simple remedy that helps to flush out mucus and bacteria. Relieves dryness from allergy, sinus and cold medications. OTC Cold and Allergy Nasal Sprays 1. Did NFL MVP Rodgers just announce his engagement? It expired a while ago on 12/08, but it hasn't been opened and still has the protection seal on the cap. Stuff like saline nasal sprays pretty much never expire (Its water and salt) but chemicals can become more harmful and toxic, not to mention that your technically swallowing it. But your point is well taken. It offers natural, non-medicated relief for dry, irritated nasal passages due to allergies, colds, flu, dry air, pollution, smoke, air travel, use of decongestant/steroidal sprays, rhinitis and sinusitis. Can I pass a lab EKG test 66 hours after consuming half a glass (few sips) of a margarita? If it’s the latter, I’ll keep it around – I don’t use it for daily cleaning, only the occasional rinsing. proven that their products are good for X amount of time. What will almost certainly have happened is that your saline will have become strongly hypertonic by now and will burn your eyes horribly when you put your contacts in after rinsing them. Thanks. i was woundering i have nasal spray that expired on 11-2012 and it was a otc is it still safe for use and if not why? Afrin (oxymetazolone):Acts as a decongestant to relieve nasal congestion in people with colds and sinus problems 2. You are fine, that was just recently and the expiration dates are usually well before the product ACTUALLY expires. However, it is just a salt solution, and if you’ve treated the bottle well, i.e., not left it sitting open for it to be contaminated, I’d imagine it would be just fine for rinsing. Remove the tip of the nasal spray from your nostril and breathe out through your mouth. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Apvbb... How do you think about the answers? Side effects, drug interactions, Dosage, and pregnancy and breastfeeding safety information are provided. If your sinus cavities become irritated, discontinue use for a time. This product contains a purified gentle salt solution (also called saline). i read online sometimes its ok. Dr. Justin Greiwe answered. Generally things like saline have an expiration date for a garuntee of sterility for unopened bottles. As the bottle sits, seal broken and cap closed, some water will evaporate from it. Look up each ingredient, ask a pharmacist or visit a GP to gather all relevant information. Saline nasal sprays can be purchased without a prescription in most pharmacies or even at a grocery store in the medicine aisle. And does it expire? In fact, it only contains saltwater. Well, that and tuberculosis. Nasal Spray: Expiration Date: 07/2020: Brand: OCEAN: MPN: Does not apply: UPC: Does not apply: OCEAN Saline Nasal Spray .76fl oz/ 22.5cc ~ Lot of 6 Bottles ~ Exp 07/2020. 1. Safe for daily use. Saline will also become hypertonic as the water evaporates. See a doctor who can help. The evaporation would be very slow, assuming the above. This is the main reason that the expiration date exists. It’s not that I’m cheap, it’s that I don’t like to be wasteful. But if it’s harmful, obviously I’ll spring for a new bottle. Relieve nasal dryness and irritation with the help of Ocean Saline Nasal Spray 1.5 oz. Saline spray. ).Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. There are numerous store and brand names, including variations on several themes: Ocean Mist, Ocean Spray, Ocean, Simpl… Still have questions? WebMD explains the types of spray and how to make your own. Supertall tower living can fall well short of luxury, Actor calls America's political divide 'another pandemic', Defying warnings, students pack street after rivalry win, Top talent agency drops Armie Hammer amid scandal, 'Hustlers' actor on who should get transgender roles, Suze Orman's top tips on how to spend and save wisely, 4 skiers dead after causing avalanche in Utah, Child in Britt Reid crash remains badly hurt. Sodium chloride, intranasal is available under the following different brand names: Ocean, Ayr Saline, Entsol, HuMist, NaSal, Ocean for Kids, and Rhinaris. The second issue is whether or not the nasal spray is the right medicine for you during this time. COMPARE AND SAVE: Compare to the ingredients in Ocean®. Why can't we just let other countries replicate the vaccines? Odds are, a several-year expired solution for contact lenses no longer has the same concentration of ingredients in it as it had when it was made, due to evaporation. Its saline spray, meaning its salt and water. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. Tips: Upright delivers a spray, horizontally a stream, upside down a drop. i used saline nasal spray to flush my sinuses and realized it expired? Health Insurance Deductible being charged from last year? ET or via email at casupport@oceanspray.com. Shipped with USPS First Class Package. But honestly, a small dropper bottle of contact lens solution shouldn’t be prohibitively expensive, and as Parenchyma said, you should take care of your eyes. sinus pressure the past two days. Your best bet is to spring for a new bottle. Saline will also become hypertonic as the water evaporates. You should look at the expiration date of your nasal spray and throw it away if it is expired. I have a bottle of saline solution here in my desk at work (Bausch and Lomb ReNu MultiPlus, if it matters). In theory, would blood from someone low on iron taste different than someone with a healthy amount of iron? My question – is it now potentially harmful, or is it just operating at less than optimal effectiveness? Yes,you can take tab.zyrtec.It contains Cetirizine & is a second-generation antihistamine.It is now available over-the-counter (OTC) & will provide you great relief. Gluten free. Lose Potency: I would definitely get an updated spray if it expired back in 2012. yes,always check the expiration date before taking/using any medication. It does not have any medicated ingredients. 81 ($1.05/Fl Oz) $19.79 $19.79 If your congestion is really bad, you might need something stronger. Saline nasal spray good or bad? Is it possible to dream without being asleep? Favorite Answer. The additional ingredients in Renu are minor components, but could affect the safety of expired solution. i use flonase for allergies. Some treat nasal congestion and allergies, while others deliver systemic medications and vaccines to manage or prevent illness. 'Struggling middle class families need help': Yellen. Saline Nasal Spray for Baby and Kids by Boogie Mist, Decongestant, Made with Sterile Saline, Safe for Newborn, Fresh Scent, 3.1 Ounce, Transparent (816167010741) NoseFrida All-Natural Saline Nasal Snot Spray by Frida Baby. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. Saline nasal sprays are a natural remedy that may provide you with relief from allergies. I took my body temperature and it was 99.8. Premium Saline Nasal Moisturizing Spray instantly soothes dry nasal passages and provides non-medicated relief for dry, irritated noses. Simply, too salty. A growing number of people seeking to keep runny noses and stuffy heads at bay are turning to saline irrigation. It’s your eyes. I have a bottle of Ocean Premium Saline Nasal Spray. 1 Likes But still, if there were, the outcome could be blindness, and it’s always the low-risk/high-impact scenario that wakes risk assessment experts up at 3 AM with drenching sweats. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc. Look for a spray that has purified water and sodium chloride to get the purest, most effective spray. Ocean (for use in the nose) is used to treat stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, dryness inside your nose and nasal passages, or nasal irritation caused by colds, flu, allergies, or pollutants. Should I be concerned? It expired a while ago on 12/08, but it hasn't been opened and still has the protection seal on the cap. Relieves dryness from allergy, sinus and cold medications. There might be some slight chance that there’s some sort of chemical in that solution that isn’t stable, but it should pretty much just be salts and buffers which will last effectively forever. Hell, even sterile empty plastic tubes (packed in a sealed, sterile plastic bag even) will have an expiration date. As an aside, my stomach was acting up earlier today, and I ingested a couple of Maalox Max tablets that expired back in 2006. Ocean saline nasal spray is the original, No.1 pharmacist-recommended nasal saline moisturizer. Condition is New. How to use Nasal Spray (Sodium Chloride) 0.65 % Aerosol. And does it expire? Nasal Spray: Expiration Date: 07/2020: Brand: OCEAN: MPN: Does not apply: UPC: Does not apply: OCEAN Saline Nasal Spray .76fl oz/ 22.5cc ~ Lot of 6 Bottles ~ Exp 07/2020. Dr. Al Hegab answered 40 … This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Saline Mist Spray (sodium chloride nasal). And does it expire? The chief complaint about saline spray is that the relief doesn't last very long. It is already SALT, a preservative ! This product contains a purified gentle salt solution (also called saline). This Ocean nasal spray also offers moisturization to nasal passages that are irritated due to dry climates and cold temperatures. Even for sterile empty plastic tubes…that packaging is proven sterile for Y years, but not more, and while there might be every theoretical reason to believe they are still safe, the fact is there is no data, no testing, and nothing at all to confirm that theory. In essence, you're flushing your nasal passages out with a saline solution. I even think it was B&L who had a fungal contamination in one brand of their (non-expired) solutions a few years ago and some people lost their vision. Using an old solution can result in your lenses being less clean, and can put your eyes at risk of infection. Nasal Moisturizing Spray, 3 OZ. I really don’t think that infection is your most serious concern here, if the bottle has been closed and kept in a dark place and what’s in there is simple saline (water with inorganic salts, no organic molecules for microorganisms to catabolize). Deep Sea Saline Nasal Spray Generic for Ocean Nasal Moisturizing Spray 1.5 oz per Bottle Pack of 12 Bottles by Major Pharmaceuticals 4.6 out of 5 stars 41 $18.81 $ 18 . Most likely it is fine, but after the expiration date they can not guarantee it's sterility. 1. Helium is a non-smoking facility where patrons can … This item is FSA (Flexible Spending Account) eligible. Most people do not use reliever inhalers every day, and they may expire long before a person thinks to check. While it is probably safe, the biggest question I have for you is “Why are you taking it?” If it is because of cold symptoms, I suggest that you toss it as soon as you are over the cold. Close. Washing the nasal passageways out with water is a common practice and is used to treat disorders of the nose. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Deep Sea Saline Nasal Spray Generic for Ocean Nasal Moisturizing Spray 1.5 oz per Bottle Pack of 8 Bottles by Major Pharmaceuticals at Amazon.com. Promoting Nasal Irrigation Stuff like saline nasal sprays pretty much never expire (Its water and salt) but chemicals can become more harmful and toxic, not to mention that your technically swallowing it. i've been having. Adding moisture to the nasal passages also helps to combat stuffiness, congestion, and further infection. I’ve had the same pair of sneakers for the past 10 years. This only sprayed the mist in my nasal passages and not down my throat. This only sprayed the mist in my nasal passages and not down my throat. See a doctor who can help.