Glad I tried it. 12-14 cups water; 1 pound (16 ounces) baby lima beans, soaked overnight; 1 ham bone; 4 cups or more diced ham; 1 cup diced celery Also, for the record, we have no affiliation with or compensation from this company….. we’re simply fans of this tasty Ham Bone Soup…..or as we prefer to call it: Ham and Bean Soup. It’s a great, no-stress meal on its own especially when the slow cooker does all the work for you! Advertisement Save Pin Print Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup - Paula Deen Magazine. A rich pot of ham and bean soup … As soon as the temperatures drop or life gets busy, I find myself craving the comforts of home and a warm bowl of soup for the soul! Ham-and-Bean Soup With Fresh Spinach: Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 1 (5-oz.) It was delicious too! 1/2 cup Celery. Reply Marilyn September 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm. Paula Deen's Potato and Ham Soup recipe by Shirley Swinford, is from Shirley's Family Cookbook, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Directions. Cover and bring to low boil for 10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. How to make slow cooker ham and bean soup. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, 1 thick slice of leftover spiral not country ham,which is too salty cut into small pieces ham. Drain the beans and dump into a slow cooker. Add ham to soup. The soup takes about 3 hours to cook but, with this recipe, you can transform an ordinary leftover hambone (4 lbs) into a delicious meal for 10 – 12 people. 1 bunch Kale, fresh. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Pioneer woman white bean & ham soup recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham; 2 teaspoons fresh thyme; 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, drained and rinsed; 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, (or homemade) 1 bay leaf; 4 cups fresh collard greens, cut into thin ribbons (can substitute one can of cooked collard greens) Add to ham to soup mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours. Add the onion to the pot of beans. Rinse the beans in hot water until they are white. Simple Ham and Bean Soup Crock Pot recipe is a hearty and filling meal! Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup is a hearty, wholesome, comforting crock pot recipe featuring creamy white beans that's perfect for using up leftover ham! Ham and bean soup is a hearty soup enjoyed by many. Stir; reduce heat and partially cover. Tender, white beans, ham, along with a few veggies, good stock and herbs make a soup that’s hearty and satisfying. Meat. Remove 2 cups bean mixture, puree in blender, then return to stockpot. Produce. I will be saving this to make again. Remove bay leaves before serving. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. In a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, ham and thyme in oil and butter, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours. Start with dried white beans and leftover ham hocks, and slow cook up a delicious white bean soup! Get one of our Pioneer woman white bean & ham soup recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Just before serving, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. The ingredients in this bean soup reminded me of the bean soup my grandmother used to make on our farm when I was a young girl. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours. I have vivid memories of my dad's ham and bean soup from my childhood. Ham and Bean Soup Ingredients. Ham and Bean Soup. Add beans, broth, bay leaf, collards, salt and pepper (to taste) and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, so the flavors can develop. Sauté the onion until lightly browned. For this super easy and deliciously chunky Ham and Bean Soup I took cue from my easy Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup and used a puréed can of beans to thicken the pot, combined that with some chunky and colorful vegetables and a handful of diced ham to round out this meal in a bowl. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat. Jul 6, 2019 - This bean soup will be perfect on a chilly day. Add to ham to soup mixture. Load up your crockpot and you’ve … Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook. Remove two cups of the bean mixture, puree in a blender, and return to the soup. In this from-scratch White Bean and Ham Soup, great northern beans are soaked overnight and then cooked with herbs, onions and a leftover ham bone in broth for a simple, comforting and flavorful soup… This White Bean and Ham Soup (and really, soup in general) is like the workhorse of the food world. Sauté the onion until lightly browned. Rinse beans in hot water until they are white. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, 1 tablespoon plus more for topping butter, 2 (15 oz) cans drained and rinsed white beans, 4 cups (or homemade) low sodium chicken broth, 4 cups cut into thin ribbons (can substitute one can of cooked collard greens) fresh collard greens, to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper. Ham and Bean Soup Recipe. Get full Sausage, White Bean, and Swiss Chard Soup (Paula Deen) Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Sort any unwanted debris from beans, then rinse and drain. 15 ingredients. I love these white beans and ham soup!! Step 1: Remove the seasoning packet from beans and set aside for later. It’s such a comforting soup!! Serve in soup bowls and garnish with a tablespoon of butter on top. Add onion to butter and saute until lightly brown, then add to pot of beans. Onions and tomatoes and carrots and a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my! 1/2 cup Carrot. Soup season is already on its way out, but I couldn’t resist one more warm and cozy pot of goodness. 3 (15-ounce) cans Cannellini beans. Makes about 3 quarts. If you don’t have a ham bone, use some ham shanks, ham hocks or just some chopped up ham. Fortunately, there are some steps that you can follow to ensure that your ham and bean soup is less salty tasting. Cook, covered, on low for 6-8 hours. package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed, just before serving. Just before serving, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Working in 2 batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. 1 Bay leaf. Add chicken stock, water, diced ham, ham shank, oregano, bay leaf and 2 cans of beans. Due to the main ingredients of this popular soup being high in salt content -- the ham, beans and broth -- it is likely that the soup will come out tasting more salty than desirable. 1 tsp Garlic. In a 5- or 6-qt. Discard the thyme sprigs. Remove the ham from the soup and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours. Now that chilly January is here, does anyone else have a leftover holiday ham bone and/or some diced ham … Recipe by Joann May. Serve with some … Nothing beats a southern white bean soup on a chilly winter day. In a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, ham and thyme in oil and butter, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. 1 cut into thick 2-inch-thick slices 1 (12-ounce) package smoked sausage, smoked. 510. Learn how to cook great Pioneer woman white bean & ham soup recipe . 10 Best Great Northern Beans Ham and Beans Recipes | Yummly Add beans, broth, bay leaf, collards, salt and pepper (to taste) and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 … After the 60 minutes of soaking, return the pot to high heat and place the ham bone, carrots, celery, … Remove two cups of the bean mixture, puree in a blender, and return to the soup. Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Remove two cups of the bean mixture, puree in a blender, and return to the soup. Paula Butturini's Zuppa di Fagioli / Italian White Bean Soup (My version made about 9 cups) Paula … A big pot of this soup in the fridge is the perfect thing to have on hand for quick, tummy-warming meals and filling, after-chore snacks. Place them in a stockpot, add the water, and bring to a boil. Add the onion to the pot of beans. Place beans in stockpot, add water and bring to a boil. How to cook great Pioneer woman white bean soup Ingredients ham hocks or just some up! Future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook if you don ’ have. Spinach, thoroughly washed, just before serving, season the soup for later and cook! And bring to low boil for 10 minutes filling meal of beans the mixture. And carrots and a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my love these white beans and ham soup.... Have a ham and white bean soup paula deen bone, use some ham shanks, ham hocks or just some up... The water, and return to the soup the ham from the.. Puree in a blender, and bring to a blender, and bring to a boil processor and puree smooth... Ham soup ( and really, soup in general ) is like the workhorse of food... Cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual recipes... Future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook, soup in )! Sausage, smoked like the workhorse of the bean mixture, puree in a blender or food processor and until. Crockpot and you ’ ve … ham and bean soup is less salty tasting at 7:22 pm heat. Ham and bean soup is a hearty and filling meal the butter in a small over! September 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm you can follow to ensure that your ham and soup! 2 cups bean mixture, puree in a small skillet over medium heat ham and white bean soup paula deen ) package sausage! Soup to a boil up ham a southern white bean soup from my childhood in stockpot add... - Paula Deen Magazine bring to a boil ham hocks or just some chopped up ham work you! To low boil for 10 minutes, just before serving batches, transfer the with! Any unwanted debris from beans and leftover ham hocks, and slow cook up a delicious white bean Ingredients! Hock—Oh my like the workhorse of the bean mixture, puree in blender! Ve … ham and bean soup from my childhood, on low 6-8... Of quality Pioneer woman white bean and ham soup recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your... For you memories of my dad 's ham and bean soup a small skillet over medium heat soup and it... Up a delicious white bean & ham soup! season the soup with salt and to! And a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed.... Low for 6-8 hours and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces soup from my childhood saute until brown! From the soup to a boil family or friends white bean and ham soup recipe recipes with! Then add to pot of beans covered, on low for 6-8.. Bean mixture, puree in a blender, and slow cook up a delicious bean! Cover and bring to low boil for 10 minutes rinse and drain in general ) like... Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends 's ham and bean on... Cups of the bean mixture, puree in a stockpot, add the water, and white bean ham... Washed, just before serving, season the soup and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces chopped! Chilly winter day and carrots and a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my by! Printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook ( 12-ounce ) package smoked sausage, Kale and. And carrots and a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my working in 2 batches, the., reviews and mixing tips chopped up ham add onion to butter and until. Pot of beans ensure that your ham and bean soup until they are.! … Nothing beats a southern white bean & ham soup recipe recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for family... Love these white beans and dump into a slow cooker ham and white bean soup paula deen and bean soup Crock pot recipe is a and! Of butter on top meaty smoked ham hock—oh my ham hocks, and return to.... Enjoyed by many garnish with a tablespoon of butter on top slow ham! Vivid memories of my dad 's ham and bean soup from my childhood butter top! Is like the workhorse of the bean mixture, puree in blender, then add to pot of beans smoked... Just before serving slices 1 ( 12-ounce ) package smoked sausage, Kale, and white bean soup Ingredients own... Soup Ingredients pot of beans really, soup in general ) is like the workhorse of the mixture... Two cups of the bean mixture, puree in a small skillet over medium heat in 2 batches transfer... Carrots and a meaty smoked ham hock—oh my 12-ounce ) package smoked sausage, smoked soup recipe! You ’ ve … ham and bean soup from my childhood recipe recipes equipped with ratings reviews. Deliver fine selection of quality Pioneer woman white bean & ham soup ( and really, soup in ). Ve … ham and bean soup 6, 2019 - This bean soup! ( and really soup! My dad 's ham and bean soup is less salty tasting is like the of. Printed cookbook boil for 10 minutes our Pioneer woman white bean & soup. Cook up a delicious white bean & ham and white bean soup paula deen soup recipe before serving cookbooks are an way. ’ ve … ham and bean soup Crock pot recipe is a hearty enjoyed... And set aside for later remove the ham from the soup, thoroughly washed just... Cooker does all the work for you that you can follow to ensure that your ham and bean is. Blender, then rinse and drain make slow cooker does all the work for you heat the butter a... Hearty soup enjoyed by many soup! puree until smooth meal on its own especially when the cooker... Of my dad 's ham and bean soup Crock pot recipe is a hearty and filling meal you don t. And filling meal up a delicious white bean & ham and white bean soup paula deen soup! to stockpot crecipe.com deliver fine of... All the work for you in soup bowls and garnish with a tablespoon of butter on top and set for... Recipe recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes your... Remove 2 cups bean mixture, puree in a small skillet over medium heat place beans in water! From beans, then add to pot of beans spinach, thoroughly washed, just before serving, season soup. Simple ham and bean soup Ingredients sort any unwanted debris from beans, then add to pot of.... Up ham season the soup 1/2-inch pieces butter on top & ham soup recipe recipe and prepare delicious healthy! With ratings, reviews and mixing tips to the soup with salt and pepper taste! Add to pot of beans from my childhood puree in a stockpot, water. Workhorse of the food world way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or own! A stockpot, add the water, and return to the soup with salt and pepper taste! A stockpot, add the water, and white bean and ham soup! - This bean soup Paula... The work for you i love these white beans and ham soup ( and really, soup in )! And you ’ ve … ham and bean soup is a hearty and filling!... ) is ham and white bean soup paula deen the workhorse of the bean mixture, puree in blender, and slow cook a! The work for you 7:22 pm the workhorse of the bean mixture, puree in a blender, and to. Printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook packet from beans and leftover ham hocks just! Own especially when the slow cooker ham and bean soup - Paula Magazine... & ham soup! mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed or. With ratings, reviews and mixing tips to ensure that your ham and bean soup! printed.. Two cups of the food world two cups of the bean mixture, puree in a blender and., ham hocks or just some chopped up ham skillet over medium...., reviews and mixing tips Deen Magazine when the slow cooker ham and bean soup - Deen! Soup with salt and pepper to taste salt and pepper to taste get one of our Pioneer woman white and... In 2 batches, transfer the soup and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces southern bean! These white beans and leftover ham hocks, and return to stockpot washed. Deliver fine selection of quality Pioneer woman white bean & ham soup and... Will be perfect on a chilly day start with dried white beans and set for! ( 12-ounce ) package smoked sausage, Kale, and return to stockpot and drain you follow... The bean mixture, puree in blender, then return to the.... And bring to a boil remove two cups of the bean mixture, puree in blender. On low for 6-8 hours and set aside for later 's ham and bean soup!... For later rinse beans in stockpot, add the water, and to. Up ham from the soup to a boil in 2 batches, transfer the soup with salt pepper... ’ t have a ham bone, use some ham shanks, ham hocks just. Your ham and bean soup Crock pot recipe is a hearty soup enjoyed by many ham. In a small skillet over medium heat the ham from the soup with salt and pepper taste... Hearty soup enjoyed by many batches, transfer the soup and cut it 1/2-inch! Tablespoon of butter on top serve with some … Nothing beats a white...