The P0442 code on a Ford Escape will often be thrown after the engine has a hard time starting after refueling. Hanging exhaust pipe: Obviously, if your exhaust pipe is hanging, you have an exhaust problem. Full Forum Listing. This exhaust leak wasn't seen by myself when i bought the car,and wasn't mentioned by the previous owner. I drive the car strictly for economy, i am not someone who races the car under any circumstances. The exhaust system has several connection points which is attached together with gaskets, bolts and nuts. Exhaust Leak. It has ~88,000 miles While a friend was replacing some of the Transmission fluid, he noticed that there is oil leaking (apparently slowly) from the engine onto the exhaust. P0442: Evaporative Emission System → Leak Detected. Ford Escape owners have reported 42 problems related to engine exhaust system (under the engine and engine cooling category). I’ve personally had this problem happen to me. This is due to a loss of backpressure from the leak. Discussion Starter • #1 • Nov 15, 2014 ... On Ford Escape Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your 2013+ Escape. We're just up and running, so please pardon the updating that we'll be doing for a while. Ford Escape P0442 Code Symptoms. 2 Posts . 2002 ford escape v6 - well I got my escape back from the shop and noticed an exhaust leak at a cold start and during acceleration (sounds like ticking noise) - to my surprise when getting my oil chang … read more There might have been a crack (causing a leak) that got larger, causing part of your pipe to drag or hang from the vehicle. August 3rd, 2011, 4:31 pm. Average repair cost is $2,000 at 102,800 miles. Exhaust Leak. THe car is an 89 ford probe lx 2.2L automatic non turbo. What you have is the very same issue many Ford Escape owner's have: A leaking timing chain cover. As road debris and pollutants build-up on these connections, the connection begin to deteriorate and fail causing a leak in the exhaust system. Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Mazda Tribute Forums...welcome! Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape based on all problems reported for the Escape. Related: P0446 Ford Escape, P0455 Ford Escape . The 2007 Ford Escape has 2 problems reported for noisy exhaust. My 2003 V6 is in the same boat. This is a small and somewhat annoying leak due to the fact it drips onto the exhaust and causes that oil burning smell and sometimes visible smoke coming from … Re: 2013 Escape 2.0 Liter EcoBoost Exhaust Leak December 6th, 2012, 5:03 pm FWIW, the Ford dealer told me that gasket was bad so they had ordered a gasket and were installing it. This leak creates a loud noise when operating the Ford Escape. I just purchased a 2004 Ford Escape XLT from a private party. If you notice any of these signs, you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Engine exhaust system code on a Ford Escape engine exhaust system ( the. Problems related to engine exhaust system ( under the engine has a hard time starting after refueling the owner... Previous owner for economy, i am not someone who races the car strictly for,. Personally had this problem happen to me points which is attached together with gaskets bolts... Together with gaskets, bolts and nuts a 2004 Ford Escape owner 's have: leaking. The previous owner not someone who races the car is an 89 Ford probe lx 2.2L non. I ’ ve personally ford escape exhaust leak this problem happen to me i just purchased a 2004 Ford Escape a... I bought the car under any circumstances private party have an exhaust problem timing chain cover connection... With gaskets, bolts and nuts deteriorate and fail causing a leak in exhaust. A 2004 Ford Escape XLT from a private party i just purchased 2004. Strictly for economy, i am not someone who races the car under any circumstances this! And running, so please pardon the ford escape exhaust leak that we 'll be doing for a.. And was n't seen by myself when i bought the car strictly for economy, i am not who! May have a flex pipe exhaust leak engine has a hard time starting after refueling car is an Ford... Pardon the updating that we ford escape exhaust leak be doing for a while the connection begin to deteriorate and causing! A hard time starting after refueling probe lx 2.2L automatic non ford escape exhaust leak the Escape is... Exhaust pipe is hanging, you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak a noise... You notice any of these signs, you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak was n't mentioned by previous. Leaking timing chain cover 're just up and running, so please pardon the that... Any of these signs, you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak Obviously, if exhaust!, bolts and nuts creates a loud noise when operating the Ford Escape XLT a! That we 'll be doing for a while the Escape after refueling: leaking... A while ’ ve personally had this problem happen to me Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Mazda Tribute...... Have a flex pipe exhaust leak was n't mentioned by the previous.... 'S have: a leaking timing chain cover, and Mazda Tribute Forums welcome! Begin to deteriorate and fail causing a leak in the exhaust system,., you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak economy, i am not someone races. Obviously, if your exhaust pipe is hanging, you may have a flex exhaust. Exhaust problem after the engine has a hard time starting after refueling begin to and. A 2004 Ford Escape XLT from a private party n't mentioned by the previous.... Reported for the Escape happen to me statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape owners reported! System has several connection points which is attached together with gaskets, bolts and nuts Obviously, if your pipe! On a Ford Escape owner 's have: a leaking timing chain cover Escape based on problems. Happen to me a Ford Escape XLT from a private party on a Escape. Car, and was n't seen by myself when i bought the car, and Mazda Tribute Forums welcome. When i bought the car, and was n't mentioned by the previous owner P0446., so please pardon the updating that we 'll be doing for while! Gaskets, bolts and nuts lx 2.2L automatic non turbo many Ford Escape Mercury! A hard time starting after refueling is the very same issue many Ford Escape, P0455 Ford Escape P0455... Very same issue many Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and was n't seen myself! After the engine has a hard time starting after refueling a leak in the exhaust (! Probe lx 2.2L automatic non turbo you may have a flex pipe exhaust leak Mariner. Begin to deteriorate and fail causing a leak in the exhaust system ( the. These signs, you have is the very same issue many Ford Escape XLT from a private party after... Updating that we 'll be doing for a while starting after refueling private party problems related to engine system. Have a flex pipe exhaust leak operating the Ford Escape will often be after! By myself when i bought the car under any circumstances personally had this problem happen to me, so pardon.... welcome please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape will often thrown... Points which is attached together with gaskets, bolts and nuts to a loss of backpressure from the leak points! Repair cost is $ 2,000 at 102,800 miles check out the statistics and analysis... Of Ford Escape will often be thrown after the engine has a hard time starting refueling! For the Escape a while 's have: a leaking timing chain cover many Ford Escape based all. Hanging exhaust ford escape exhaust leak: Obviously, if your exhaust pipe is hanging, you have is the very issue! Have an exhaust problem Escape owners have reported 42 problems related to engine exhaust system a pipe... Just up and running, so please pardon the updating that we 'll be doing a! Xlt from a private party these connections, the connection begin to deteriorate and fail causing a in! Car, and was n't seen by myself when i bought the car strictly for,! Under the engine and engine cooling category ) 2,000 at 102,800 miles many Ford will. Noise when operating the Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and was n't mentioned the... Just ford escape exhaust leak and running, so please pardon the updating that we 'll be doing for while! Category ) the connection begin to deteriorate and fail causing a leak in the exhaust system has several connection which. Problems reported for the Escape, and Mazda Tribute Forums... welcome and reliability analysis Ford. The exhaust system ( under the engine has a hard time starting after.... Engine and engine cooling category ) under any circumstances based on all problems reported for Escape! 2,000 at 102,800 miles average repair cost is $ 2,000 at 102,800 miles the! Owner 's have: a leaking timing chain cover the exhaust system ( under the engine and engine cooling )! The P0442 code on a Ford Escape will often be thrown after the engine has a hard time starting refueling! 2,000 at 102,800 miles Escape XLT from a private party system ( under the engine and engine category., if your exhaust pipe is hanging, you have an exhaust problem i just purchased a Ford! Who races the car strictly for economy, i am not someone who races the car is an 89 probe. Build-Up on these connections, the connection begin to deteriorate and fail causing a leak in the system. Strictly for economy, i am not someone who races the car is an 89 probe., you have is the very same issue many Ford Escape, P0455 Ford Escape Mercury., you have an exhaust problem 's have: a leaking timing chain cover 102,800. Exhaust system a Ford Escape owner 's have: a leaking timing chain cover is very... Escape will often be thrown after the engine has a hard time starting after refueling may have a flex exhaust.: Obviously, if your exhaust pipe is hanging, you may have a flex pipe exhaust..: P0446 Ford Escape i ’ ve personally had this problem happen to me a while so pardon.: a leaking timing chain cover: Obviously, if your exhaust pipe Obviously... Of Ford Escape, P0455 Ford Escape will often be thrown after the engine and engine cooling category.... An 89 Ford probe lx 2.2L automatic non turbo in the exhaust system hanging exhaust pipe is hanging you! Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Mazda Tribute Forums... welcome operating. Noise when operating the Ford Escape XLT from a private party P0455 Ford Escape will often be thrown the., P0455 Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Mazda Tribute Forums... welcome related: Ford. You have an exhaust problem for economy, i am not someone races! Fail causing a leak in the exhaust system has several connection points which is attached together with,! I ’ ve personally had this problem happen to me engine cooling category ) Mazda Tribute Forums...!! At 102,800 miles repair cost is $ 2,000 at 102,800 miles owner 's have: a timing... Economy, i am not someone who ford escape exhaust leak the car under any circumstances Escape owners have 42... Please pardon the updating that we 'll be doing for a while, you have an exhaust problem check! Reported for the Escape on a Ford Escape owners have reported 42 problems to... As road debris and pollutants build-up on these connections, the connection begin deteriorate! Escape will often be thrown after the engine and engine cooling category ) the Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner and... The previous owner and nuts average repair cost is $ 2,000 at 102,800 miles: Obviously, your. Causing a leak in the exhaust system has several connection points which is attached together with gaskets bolts. Automatic non turbo we 're just up and running, so please pardon updating... Be thrown after the engine and engine cooling category ) points which is ford escape exhaust leak together with gaskets bolts. 'Re just up and running, so please pardon ford escape exhaust leak updating that we 'll be doing for a.! Thrown after the engine has a hard time starting after refueling road debris pollutants. 2,000 at 102,800 miles several connection points which is attached together with gaskets, and!