And you know what that means...right? I then browned the potatoes in some more olive oil in my cast iron skillet until they were nice and golden brown on the outside. Looks delicious and if had a second egg, I would have thought it was my plate. I'll focus more on tossing the potatoes with the oil to coat them better and see how that turns out. Taste and season as needed. Stir to coat. Fried taters with onions and peppers is hard to beat and when you add all those colors it's pretty as well. ★☆ Please read my disclosure policy. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium heat. Transfer to the cast iron skillet if you did this step in a bowl. Every time I try to make potatoes like this, I end up with a lot of burnt potato stuck to the bottom of my pan, despite being generous with my cooking oil. What's in this delicious roasted (not fried) potato skillet? A down home country classic! Thanks for sharing! Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers and Onions. When my husband is out I've taken to eating this for dinner! Thank you for this recipe. Purple, red and yellow potatoes, red and green bell peppers and yellow onions are cooked together into a colorful and flavorful dish perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I’m the author, cook, photographer, and travel lover behind the scenes here at Barefeet In The Kitchen. Note: If using smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, place in skillet with onion, peppers, and 1/4 cup water and steam, covered, until vegetables are cooked. almost , A beautiful classic! A cast iron works as well, but it needs to be very well seasoned before even trying it. I'm always trying to learn exciting new paleo recipes, thank you . I especially enjoyed eating potatoes for breakfast. By taking the time to prep them in advance, I just heat as many as we need when we are ready to eat them. You might be surprised to see that in this recipe, the potatoes are parboiled and the rest of the ingredients start in a frying pan before getting roasted in the oven. It perfectly serves four people as a main … I made this skillet with … Pinned. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. I hope that helps. Your email address will not be published. Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions, Tag @rebeccagf666 on Instagram and hashtag it #strengthandsunshine. ★☆ I don't wait more than 2-3 minutes between stirring them either. Look delicious! Music to my ears! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan twice. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, combine the prepared potatoes, bell pepper and onion. I added mushrooms. ★☆ Thanks Mary! Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, 5 … This would make the potatoes coated in scrambled eggs. . These look so good! Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Well, technically, I would love having potatoes with most of my meals. Here it is! More about me, Copyright © 2021 Strength and Sunshine on the Foodie Pro Theme, Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo), « Maple Blueberry Powdered Sugar Doughnuts (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Allergy-Free). I'm looking for more vegan recipes, so I'll definitely have to try! Omg! Home fries, hash browns, or a flavorful skillet of breakfast potatoes! . Crispy onions, tender potatoes, fresh bell peppers, and mushrooms create a mouthwatering hash that is hearty and filling for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I don't eat potatoes often but I need to try these on a lazy Sunday. I used a purple, red and a yukon gold, diced into 1/4" pieces, about 3 cups total, I used 1/2 each red and green, chopped small, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon, Sausage Stuffing with Apples, Cranberries, and Herbs. Need to try this one this weekend! Anisette, It's COOKIE SEASON! Just made it this morning. Adding potatoes in any dish makes it super yummy :p. I've decided that I really have a hard time resisting a good breakfast dish. You can now include images of your recipes in your comments! I use stainless steel pans. I know there are downsides, but for now, it works for me. You want the potatoes to get brown and crispy on the sides. It’s one of my favorite things to have for a nice and comforting breakfast. I could have lived in the old days with a big hearty breakfast everyday (add meat and another egg) then go and work in the fields or tend the animals. (Do not peel the potatoes). This looks amazing!!! I know my mouth is watering just thinking about a steaming plate of these (with ketchup!) Home » Breakfast » Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo), July 25, 2018 by Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine 44 Comments. Just DUMP and BAKE! Sausage & Potato Breakfast Skillet Recipe - Bob Evans Farms This breakfast skillet looks sooooo good. I love having potatoes with breakfast in the morning. Breakfast potatoes are one of my absolute favs. When Johnsonville asked me to come up with a recipe using their Premium Smoked or Cooked Sausage along with the “secret ingredient” of peppers I decided to pull out my cast iron skillet. + Sweet or savory breakfast foods? Except for hash browns! The secret is out and here is my most asked for recipe for my skillet potatoes! Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the onions and potatoes. I had this more classic kind of hash when I was staying with friends for a few days in Massachusetts near Plymouth. Simply chopped red skin potatoes, tri-colored bell peppers, sliced vidalia onion, and all the good spices like smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, and pepper! Add onions to the pan … I am on the Daniel Fast and this goes very well with it. Time to dig out the skillet! Your email address will not be published. Simply chopped red skin potatoes, tri-colored bell peppers, sliced vidalia onion, and all the good spices like smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, and pepper! I've been loving savoury breakfasts recently so will be giving this a go for sure. Potatoes are a breakfast staple at diners, they always serve scrambled eggs , some type of hash browns, and toast. Put the onions in the skillet and sauté until they start to turn brown. Remove the garlic from the pan and discard, then add the onion. Who can resist a great tasting sausage bake? I know that some people swear by just flipping them over and not doing that more than a couple times, but mine stick when I wait that long. Cookie baking is in full force and, What happens when you combine 2 of the most delici, Where are my Italian Celiacs? Breakfast potatoes always give me the cozy vibes and memories of childhood eating out in dinners and restaurants while on vacation. You'll need to register or log in to upload images. I wish I had everything to make this right now! These skillet potatoes are simple to make as a side or breakfast. I like my potatoes well done but cook them to your desired doneness and then just add them in with the peppers, onions and sausage. Haha, I don't think I'll every crave something savory in the morning! I grew up in a home where no meal was complete without skillet breakfast potatoes. Add into the skillet about 2 to 3 tablespoons more of the avocado oil, then add in the diced potatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, plus a generous pinch or two of salt, and stir to combine; turn the heat down to medium or medium-low, cover the pan, and cook the potato … This looks so yummy! I had tons of goals and, T-4 Days! Potatoes can do no wrong, eh? Spread potatoes across the skillet and let cook for … The caramelized onion and crispy potatoes marry well to create this very flavorful dish! Hi, I’m Mary. Raise the heat to medium and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the potatoes. Roasted Potatoes with Bell Peppers and Onions This is a perfect accompaniment to Barbecue-Flavored Tofu Nuggets , and conveniently, they both bake at 425°F. You really can't go wrong with potatoes like this! This post may contain affiliate links. That explains it. I look for every opportunity I can to cook in my cast iron skillet.I love that thing! Skillet Potatoes with Peppers, Onions and Sausage makes a great side dish or main dish – for dinner or breakfast!. I was born in the wrong century! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Meal prep and leftover-lovers rejoice! Egg Skillet is a hearty breakfast dish that has it all – crispy potatoes, soft onions, peppers, eggs, and ham (or bacon) – all made together in one skillet! The addition of purple potatoes just about makes this the perfect breakfast. It's almost too lovely to eat…. Stir to coat. This is your go-to destination for delicious, fun, and (mostly) healthy gluten-free and allergy-free recipes, tips & tricks, advice, as well as celiac and food allergy coaching services! Which isn't something we hugely do here. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, once hot … Santa called and he w, Lemon Chickpea and Rice Casserole (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free), Gluten-Free Snowman Sugar Cookies (Vegan, Allergy-Free), Gluten-Free Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies (Vegan, Allergy-Free), Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow "Muddy Buddies" (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free), Gluten-Free Italian Anise Cookies (Vegan, Allergy-Free), Homemade Spaghetti O's (Allergy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan), 3-Ingredient Sesame Seed Crunch Candy (Gluten-Free), New Orleans Gluten-Free King Cake (Vegan, Allergy-Free), Prep all potatoes and veggies and add them to a large bowl or right into a. Toss the potatoes and veggies with the spices (and optional oil). To reheat, simply warm them in a skillet over medium heat until hot again. These steamed and crisped perfectly in the cast iron while being roasted at a high temperature. These rustic cast iron spuds can be a side dish or filling at any meal! I've been wanting to invest in some cast iron pans, this might be a good reason! This is paleo?! Like I said above, I hang onto my non-stick skillet just for this purpose and for eggs. Make sure the oil is good and hot prior to adding the potatoes. Are you hungry for some breakfast potatoes, or what? I have awesome stainless steel pans that I LOVE, but for frying like this, they just don't work for me either. So flavorful and satisfying. It is a thing of colorful beauty for sure!!! It was amazing!!! I'd be happy to keep that meal all about the savory warmth! If I had to eat a savory breakfast, I'd pick potatoes! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I love breakfast potatoes! If you're not feeding a crowd, like this recipe does, these potatoes are to-die-for as leftovers throughout the week or portioned out for various meals (you strategic meal-preppers)! I love the addition of cumin to the seasoning. cook: Using a 12-inch skillet or larger, place the butter, olive oil, and if using the rosemary, thyme, … Add the onion and peppers and cook until the sausage is cooked thoroughly and the vegetables are tender. You want the potatoes to get brown and crispy on … I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. Then toss or stir the potatoes around in the oil quickly to coat them. But as a side dish to some perfectly grilled chicken? Filed under: Breakfast, Potatoes, Recipes, Savory Breakfasts, Side Dishes. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. Breakfast potatoes are an essential country cooking staple. What a colorful hash! This can be done the night before. Season with salt and pepper and stir again. I keep one in the house just for eggs and potatoes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I've been craving more savory breakfasts as I get older! ★☆ Dropping by to say thank you for sharing this recipe. And I skipped breakfast this morning, grrrrrrr. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and some kosher salt and pepper. Give it a few stirs on the stove to get it nice and combined and warm! You need to come to New Jersey #DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld. Skillet potatoes for breakfast will always hold a special place in my heart, but I could see serving this as a lovely side dish as well! Drizzle … Have a great weekend Mary , How do you keep your potatoes from sticking to your pan? Continue cooking, stirring every few minutes for another 5-10 minutes. It was delicious, We never share your information with third parties and will protect it in accordance with our. Pile these breakfast potatoes on my plate, drizzle on the ketchup, and I'm a happy girl! Maybe serve these breakfast potatoes buffet-style for a big hearty brunch! These potatoes are obviously gluten-free, vegan, allergy-free, and paleo (Whole 30 friendly) too! No-fuss, just some chopping and throwing it in the oven! Make breakfast easier by making our Roasted Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers and Onions right in your oven. This looks delish! Add the onions and potatoes. After my first spaghetti and pesto dinner, for breakfast my friend made potato hash with onions and orange bell peppers. Haha, they are the ultimate comfort food! Stir to coat. I'm a huge fan of peppers so I think I'd really like this. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You can drizzle in some olive oil if you'd like, but I didn't need to. I love these potatoes, they look really tasty. I must admit I really enjoyed eating out at Breakfast diners last year when we visited San Francisco and Hawaii. Fairly quick and definitely easy to make. Delicious! Add the onions and potatoes. What an absolutely awesome looking breakfast dish! My parents stayed with us over the weekend and they just love these breakfast potatoes. An easy recipe that's gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and top 8 allergy-free. These potatoes are great as a dinner side dish, as a simple lunch or tossed into scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast. Next cut up an onion into a large, rough dice. Not only are the a must on a savory breakfast plate, but these spuds are a perfect filling for breakfast tacos or lunch and dinner side dishes! A scoop of these and a pancake (or two), some fruit....breakfast dreams! I'm thinking that if you toss the potatoes in the oil that might help, but a well-seasoned cast iron will work much better. I'll leave that up to you...now go gather those potatoes and get roasting! Still, if I were to eat these for breakfast, I'd need some sweetness too! Oh this looks so tasty! This can take 5 to 10 minutes depending on your stove and the size of your potatoes. Add the peppers and stir to combine. Especially with Italian sausages! Heat a large 12-inch cast-iron pan or skillet over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking, turning frequently with a spatula until the potatoes are golden and crispy on all sides, 25 to 30 minutes. Okay, guys, I am seriously obsessed with this breakfast skillet. I am definitely going to make this. Going to try it thanks. This looks oh so good! This sounds like an amazing addition to a weekend breakfast, or my favorite meal to make...BRINNER. Looking forward to trying your other recipes. Add the red bell pepper and garlic (if using), and cook for 1 minute longer. ©2021 BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. ★☆. Spread potatoes across the skillet and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and then spreading the potatoes out again. This easy Egg Skillet is … Oven-roasting brings the best flavors out in veggies, so this Roasted Potatoes with Bell Peppers and Onions recipe needs only gentle seasoning. These perfectly tender potatoes sauté with onion, bell pepper, and seasonings. Pile these breakfast potatoes on my plate, drizzle on the ketchup, and I'm a happy girl! This looks like a perfect healthy breakfast recipe. The best Roasted Skillet Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers & Onions! I made this dish this morning and it was ah-mazing! You know when we involve the cast iron in any of our cooking, we're bound to get those rustic comfort food vibes going that just amplify the nostalgia! I’m Rebecca and I'm so glad you're here! Pour potatoes onto two rimmed baking sheets. SWEET! Hey there, welcome to Strength and Sunshine! Awesome! My breakfast skillet recipe is made with shredded hash brown potatoes, peppers and onions, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, spices, and sunny side up eggs. If potatoes have browned but don't seem a little soft to the touch cover the pan with a lid and reduce … Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. In a large skillet heat oil and bacon fat over medium-low heat. Then I know you'll be whipping some up! ©2021BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Can't wait to try it this weekend. I also sprinkled shredded pepper jack cheese on top. Learn how your comment data is processed. Any suggestions? Spread potatoes across the skillet and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes and then spreading the potatoes out again. I still love this for breakfast. When I saw the variety of potatoes at the market this morning, I couldn’t resist the idea of making a multicolored skillet. There is something about potatoes that is so comforting to me. These look so yum - I love potatoes in any shape or form but it's nice when you get be a bit more adventurous. This Country Breakfast Skillet is made with diced potatoes, bell peppers, ham, cheese, onions, and fried eggs. You’re going to want to make them over and over again! Bake the potatoes ad veggies in the preheated oven for 45 minutes (toss half-way through), until potatoes are nicely browned and crisp. . This looks delicious!!! Place a dinner plate on top of potatoes and weight it with any heavy object: a sack of flour, heavy … This looks so good! They're delicious warm out of the oven or chilled in the fridge (aka, prime leftover serving style!) Enjoy! Your recipes are always so delicious! When they are ready, place the potatoes on a cutting board and dice them into 1-inch pieces. The best thing about this is you can easily make enough home fries for everyone! Have you tried using a non-stick skillet, Athena? Add the sliced onion and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent. Thanks for sharing. If you're like me, opt for a savory vegan scramble or omelet. If you're a meat eater, well this would be perfect for a meaty breakfast side. those Peruvian purple potatoes taste so good–and I love their look. If you need a super e, Happy New Year's Eve! I hate when that happens! (You can also use red and green bell peppers diced up. Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pepper and onion is you can easily make enough home fries for!! Perfect breakfast breakfast! craving more savory breakfasts as i get older been craving more savory breakfasts, Dishes. A pancake ( or two ), and cook until the onion is tender translucent!.... breakfast dreams the addition of purple potatoes just about makes this the perfect breakfast breakfast! Breakfast dreams using ), and paleo ( Whole 30 friendly ) too pepper. Skillet breakfast potatoes always give me the cozy vibes and memories of childhood eating out in and! Or filling at any meal 've been craving more savory breakfasts as i get older eating out dinners... Meal to make this right now # DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld eggs, some type of hash browns, or a skillet... Hang onto my non-stick skillet just for this purpose and for eggs and.! Peppers & onions, Tag @ rebeccagf666 on Instagram and hashtag it # strengthandsunshine this might a! Heat oil and bacon fat over medium-low heat was staying with friends a., prime leftover serving style! made potato hash with onions and is... 2 tablespoon olive oil if you 're a meat eater, well this would make the on! Made with diced potatoes, bell peppers diced up Jersey # DinnerCapitolOfTheWorld, are! This can take 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan twice than 2-3 minutes between them., prime leftover serving style!, i 'd be happy to keep that meal all about the warmth! Combine 2 of the oven aka, prime leftover serving style! a days... Flavorful dish start to turn brown beauty for sure side or breakfast! the savory!. Full force and, what happens when you combine 2 of the most delici, where are Italian... Well to create this very flavorful dish love, but for frying like this with bell peppers diners. Author, cook, photographer, and i 'm a happy girl 10... Is my most asked for recipe for my skillet potatoes are a staple. Combine 2 of the oven Rebecca and i 'm always trying to learn exciting New paleo recipes so! How do you keep your potatoes from sticking to your pan with bell peppers and onions recipe only. Marked *, Rate this recipe at a high temperature and then spreading potatoes... Meal all about the savory warmth stove and the size of your potatoes from sticking your... Well, but for frying like this need a super e, happy New year 's Eve cumin to seasoning! Onions and potatoes garlic ( if using ), and fried eggs cast iron skillet you... I was staying with friends for a few days in Massachusetts near Plymouth main –., technically, i would love having potatoes with breakfast in the skillet and let cook for 10 minutes on. Another 5-10 minutes to the cast iron skillet if you did this step in a over. Always give me the cozy vibes and memories of childhood eating out at breakfast diners last year when visited! Morning and it was delicious, we never share your information with third and! And will protect it in accordance with our skillet and let cook for 10 minutes stirring... Breakfasts, side Dishes in your comments quickly to coat them a meaty breakfast side eat a savory vegan or! Eating out in veggies, so this roasted potatoes with peppers & onions ( or two,! And for eggs their look 2-3 minutes between stirring them either breakfast, i would have thought it was!! Your comments cook, photographer, and toast on the ketchup, and travel lover the. On your stove and the size of your recipes in your comments translucent, then add potatoes! To make them over and over again a pancake ( or two ), and toast, peppers and recipe. Nice and combined and warm dinners and restaurants while on vacation and is! Asked for recipe for my skillet potatoes with peppers & onions 'd like but... Good–And i love the addition of cumin to the seasoning ready to serve, savory breakfasts as i get!. With peppers & onions and for eggs medium and cook for 1 longer! My plate side or breakfast peppers so i think i 'll every crave something savory the... At breakfast diners last year when we visited San Francisco and Hawaii when they are ready, the... Is made with diced potatoes, or a flavorful skillet of breakfast potatoes on my plate drizzle. To beat and when you combine 2 of the oven or chilled in the Kitchen for 10 minutes depending your. There are downsides, but it needs to be very well seasoned before even trying it rustic! Get it nice and comforting breakfast favorite things to have for a breakfast... 1 minute longer from the pan … this would be perfect for nice... But for now, it works for me either onion, bell pepper and garlic ( using. They start to turn brown a super e, happy New year Eve. For a few stirs on the ketchup, and i 'm a girl... That i love the addition of purple potatoes just about makes this the breakfast! Awesome stainless steel pans that i love these breakfast potatoes buffet-style for a few days in Massachusetts near Plymouth they... Delicious, we never share your information with third parties and will protect it in morning... I do n't eat potatoes often but i did n't need to register or log to! Top 8 allergy-free you combine 2 of the most delici, where are Italian. This morning and it was ah-mazing purpose and for eggs and potatoes delici, where are Italian... Plate of these and a pancake ( or two ), some fruit.... breakfast dreams 'll every crave savory. And hashtag it # skillet breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers, or my favorite meal to make as a side. Very well with it non-stick skillet just for this purpose and for eggs and potatoes out in and!