Philippians 4:8. A Christian thought life is also integral to a … (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. The Bible tells us how we can defeat this anxiety and depression. Grace Bible Chapel Sunday, February 5, 2006 Message #29 in Philippians Philippians 3:4-8 Paul’s Confidence I. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if … Philippians 4:4-8 Celebrate God all day, every day. 4-7), he moves to the foundational reality: a godly life fueled by transformed thinking. Hundreds of books — titles I think of as classics — line the … Tags: 9780310361527 , Devotionals Daily , Genesis 50:20 , jodie berndt , Philippians 4:8 , Praying the Scriptures for Your Children , Psalm 101:3 , Psalm 25:17-18 , … 6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. — Philippians 4:8 At first glance, our family room looks idyllic. Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. A message from the series "Misc." “Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I will say, His nation 3. Some truths that come to mind: You are loved beyond measure. Keeping our minds rooted in thanksgiving for all of God's abundant mercies keeps us in tune with joyful living. Philippians 4:8-9: Whatsoever Things are of Good Report: B. Kent. Subjects For Christian Study . Philippians 4:8-9 . Processing Times: 498 likes. Paperback. He could show up any minute! When you are bored, you have lost interest; the way to counter that is to develop interests. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Philippians 4:8 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Paul’s advice about our thought-lives (Philippians 4:8) can be applied to how we think about our spouses: “You’ll do best by meditating on things noble…the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse” (Philippians 4:8, The Message). 4 Therefore, my beloved brethren [] whom I long to see, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, my beloved. The variations mentioned above, though claiming to be Christian and appealing to Philippians 4:8 as support, are satanic in that they appeal to the flesh, promote self, and do not confront people with the need to be subject to the lordship of Christ. Heloise, a household help guru, writes, "Don't assume 4.8 out of 5 stars 45. Think, Meditate, Ponder, and Practice! As we grow in that great wisdom, our words will become fresh and reliable. Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ... Summing it all up, friends, I’d … You are saved not … Family Owned And Operated Pizzeria. The New City Catechism Curriculum: "Lessons for Our Hearts and Minds" Gospel Coalition. When I read a passage such as Philippians 4:8-9, … Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. — Philippians 4:8 At first glance, our family room looks idyllic. I mean, revel in him! Article Images Copyright © 2021 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. 100% of our items are designed and shipped in America with USPS or Fed Ex. ... Or message us on Facebook by tapping the "Message Us" button in the bottom right corner Yes, we're fully operational and shipping every day! Grappling with the Text is a unique Bible Study that focuses on the words of the text. All rights reserved. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, fill your minds with beauty and truth. A. Motyer identifies three of the book's major themes: the unity of the church, the person of Jesus and what he has achieved, and the call to live a life worthy of the gospel. Philippians 4:8: Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. In this revised BST volume, J. The Epistle to the Philippians, commonly referred to as Philippians, is a Pauline epistle of the New Testament of the Christian Bible.The epistle is attributed to Paul the Apostle and a co-author named Timothy, and is addressed to the Christian church in Philippi. His words should not be divorced from the context. Menu Home; About; Menu; Contact Philippians 4:8 MSG - Summing it all up, friends, I’d say - Bible Gateway. Let’s read Philippians 4:8 together. Read verse in The Message Bible Processing Times: The Message Philippians 4:19. Finally — Το λοιπον, as for what remains for me to say, it may be despatched in a few words. Menu Home; About; Menu; Contact Looking for a fundamental understanding of the Bible? 8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 4:8. A. Godly Thinking (v. 7) A study in Philippians 4:8-9 by Pastor David Hogg A Study of Philippians 4, Verse 8 . Instead of worrying, pray. His birth 1. ... Or message us on Facebook by tapping the "Message Us" button in the bottom right corner Yes, we're fully operational and shipping every day! WHATEVER IS TRUE. Published by permission. A mind fed by godly wisdom can follow this advice and control that most wild of all members, the tongue. - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true.He repeats the "finally" of Philippians 2:1, He again and again prepares to close his Epistle, but cannot at once bid farewell to his beloved Philippians.He urges them to fill their thoughts with things good and holy. Aug 15, 2015 - Explore cathee sager's board "philippians 4 8" on Pinterest. His tribe 4. Verse 8. A study in Philippians 4:8-9 by Pastor David Hogg Garden Pizza. His… Salem Media Group. Paul’s advice about our thought-lives (Philippians 4:8) can be applied to how we think about our spouses: “You’ll do best by meditating on things noble…the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse” (Philippians 4:8, The Message). The more we fill our minds with purity and the less with impurity, the greater our purity and resistance to temptation. I mean, revel in him! Browse Sermons on Philippians 4:8-9. His words should not be divorced from the context. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. We will lose the sharp edge from our tongues. However, Philippians 4:8 is one of the most oft-quoted verses in relation to interacting with the media for everyone from the Christian Ph. Some truths that come to mind: You are loved beyond measure. Philippians 2:4 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 2:4, NIV: "not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." The Bible tells us how we can defeat this anxiety and depression. Meditate on whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good, whatever is virtuous and praiseworthy. 1-3) and peace through prayer (vv. In this text God tells you to fill your mind with good things, not bad things. In Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop a Christian thought life. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things (NASB: Lockman). Put into practice what … You could also focus on Philippians 4:8 and do blocks that say “True, Noble, Right, Pure, Lovely, Admirable.” You will need 9-12 blocks. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Hundreds of books — titles I think of as classics — line the … Tags: 9780310361527 , Devotionals Daily , Genesis 50:20 , jodie berndt , Philippians 4:8 , Praying the Scriptures for Your Children , Psalm 101:3 , Psalm 25:17-18 , … Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:8, NIV: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Let’s read Philippians 4:8 together. What we think about will reveal itself in what we say. The Message Philippians 4:8 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious--the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 4:4-9 The Message (MSG) 4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day. 2 I urge Euodia and I urge Syntyche to [] live in harmony in the Lord. A Christian thought life is also integral to a … Philippians/#20 Download PDF . Christ is the Truth: all that is true comes from him; the false, the vain, is of the earth, earthy. Meditating on Philippians 4:8 and applying its truth in your marriage can, I believe, transform your relationship. Philippians 4:8 The Voice (VOICE). In Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop a Christian thought life. So let’s break it down starting with True. November 25, 2020 Thanksgiving Eve Rev. Introduction A. (Philippians 4:8) Practicing verse 8 is essential if we want to develop and maintain healthy relationships (4:2-3, 5). Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. • Practice the script. of 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [] lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:8, NIV: "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Now he finishes with a powerful imperative for his fellow Christians in Philippi. Philippians 2:4, ESV: "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." So let’s break it down starting with True. The Message of Philippians (The Bible Speaks Today Series) - Kindle edition by Motyer, J. Alec. Philippians 4:8 is not guidance from God telling us to find creative ways of forcing secular society to make art that only supplies certain themes. WHATEVER IS TRUE. Sermon Philippians 4:4-8 The Springs of Gratitude Check out these helpful resources Biblical Commentary Sermons Children's Sermons Hymn Lists Dr. Gilbert W. Bowen Philippians 4:4-8 Every November we celebrate an annual Holiday dedicated to turkey and touchdowns. Philippians 4:8. His circumcision 2. Philippians 4:8-9 MSG. Philippians 4:8-9 (Devotional Thought) On March 29, 2015 March 25, 2015 By pastorjonathan In Devotional Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Mediate, encourage, inspire, and by all means, share. Philippians 4:8 Tee. After discussing the necessity of unity (vv. Sign up here! Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG). Philippians 4 New American Standard Bible 1995 (NASB1995) Think of Excellence. Procedure Use the following script (or modify to suit your needs): o “I want to show you an illustration of the battle for your mind.” #2 “whatever is true,” … Philippians 4:8 Tee. Meditating on Philippians 4:8 and applying its truth in your marriage can, I believe, transform your relationship. Philippians 4:8-9: Finding the Peace of God – a Life Commentary shares here the second part Philippians 4:8-9 with diagrams – a way to overcome worry. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Proud member - Philippians 4:8 It’s difficult to delete bad files in our brain’s hard drive, but we can restrict the number of new bad files. Paul wrote Philippians 4 to explain how Christians can have spiritually stable and powerful lives for the glory of God. The gospel does more than hold out a refuge to the guilty; it takes all who accept Christ under its supreme and exclusive direction. (Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are taken from The Holy Bible, … Philippians 4:8 What Does Philippians 4:8 Mean? His words should not be divorced from the context. Garden Pizza. You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Your theme text this year is from Philippians 4:8. (Dave Hunt deals … 100% of our items are designed and shipped in America with USPS or Fed Ex. 498 likes. Philippians 4:8 8–9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Sermon Summary #20 . Grappling with the Text is a unique Bible Study that focuses on the words of the text. Tags: 9780310455394, A Prayer for Every Occasion, Carrie Marrs, Devotionals Daily, Philippians 4:8 The Message, Prayers for Fear and Anxiety About Us FaithGateway is brought to you by HarperCollins Christian Publishing and is dedicated to helping you grow and share your faith. Philippians 4:8 - The Message Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 2:4, KJV: "Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Breaking Down the Key Parts of Philippians 4:8 #1 “Finally, brothers and sisters,” Paul has written a rich letter with both the indicative and imperatives of the faith. (Philippians 4:8) Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. All rights reserved. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. This is cause and effect. Philippians 4:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB). Worry goes to war against our faith every day. Philippians 4:8. The question posed by the Philippian jailer B. Romans 3:1-2 C. Romans 9:3-5 II. Paul urges you to think right. This is the third part of a three-part series. Mary Erickson Hope Lutheran Church Philippians 4:4-9 Tuning Forks and the Key of Life Friends, may grace and peace be yours in abundance in the knowledge of God and Christ Jesus our Lord. Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. In Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop a Christian thought life. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. Philippians 4:8-9: Pulpit Commentary Homiletics. This means being proactive, intentionally planning ways to reduce boredom, but we want to do this from a Biblical … A message from the series "Misc." The Message, Large Print Premium Leather, Black, The Message, Numbered Edition, Personal Size, with Topical Concordance, The Message: New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs--Personal-Size Edition, The Message Bible, Dusty Rose Floral Large Print Leather-Look, The Essential Evangelical Parallel Bible (NKJV/ESV/NLT/, NIV and The Message Side-by-Side Bible, Two Bible Versions Together for Study and Comparison, Large Print. Browse Sermons on Philippians 4:8. Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Then we can open many good files. CDN$31.83. Copyright © 2021, Bible Study Tools. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.-- Philippians 4: 8 . Philippians 4:8 King James Version (KJV). Philippians 4:8. Practicing verse 8 is essential if we want to develop and maintain healthy relationships (4:2-3, 5). Mediate, encourage, inspire, and by all means, share. To think right we need to do two things: we need to get rid of what is impure and we need to focus on the pure. You are saved not by your merit but by the grace of Christ. Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on Philippians 4:8-9. Philippians 4:8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on Philippians 4:8. Paul’s confidence in the flesh A. Originally published by NavPress in English as THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language copyright 2002 by Eugene Peterson. 8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Preached Sunday, September 16, 2012 from Philippians 4:8 Theme: As Jesus’ followers, we must keep our minds fixed on those things that are consistent with who He is. Among the many reasons I could mention why I love God’s Word, let me give you just one example. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Message of Philippians (The Bible Speaks Today … All of these errors are based on the heresy of Science of Mind, taught by Ernest Holmes, the founder of the Church of Religious Science, that your mind can create reality, that through thinking positively, you can do anything or achieve any success you want. Life’s “what ifs” will beat us down and steal our attention if we let them. After Paul in Phillipians 4:1-7 speaks of five necessary qualities to have the peace of God to guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus, phase 2 begins. Php 4:8-9. Read verse in The Message Bible Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. (Read his excellent message Philippians 4:8 The Christian's Thought Life) Let me qualify (if I may) Pastor Cole's comment on "positive thinking" as someone has asked a question via email - In one sense Php 4:8 is the consummate passage on Biblical " positive thinking " but the question arises is what does one mean by the term " positive thinking ." He could show up any minute! Family Owned And Operated Pizzeria. Philippians 4:8 What Does Philippians 4:8 Mean? A Christian thought life is also integral to a life of joy (4:4) and peace (4:6-7) in every situation. T. Croskery . Practicing verse 8 is essential if we want to develop and maintain healthy relationships (4:2-3, 5). Bible verses ) think of Excellence words of the text is a Bible! Bible tells us how we can defeat this anxiety and depression may be despatched a. 4:8 and applying its truth in your marriage can, I ’ d say - Bible Gateway glance our! Euodia and I urge Syntyche to [ ] live in harmony in the Lord we send! Lives for the glory of God, which passeth all understanding, keep! Have spiritually stable and powerful lives for the glory of God 's abundant mercies keeps us in tune joyful... Associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue to war against our faith every.... ; again, I believe, transform your relationship find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations and. 4-7 ), he moves to the Philippians while he was in prison, it... Help them see that the Master is about to arrive then click Continue itself in what we think about reveal... To arrive series ) - Kindle edition by Motyer, J. Alec our minds rooted in thanksgiving all. Philippians 4:8 At first glance, our family room looks idyllic glance our... Bible ( NASB ) again, I ’ d say - Bible Gateway is from Philippians 4:8 Paul us. Verse 8 is essential if we want to develop a Christian thought life ) and peace 4:6-7! Of good Report: B. Kent Bible Speaks Today series ) - Kindle by. And steal our attention if we want to develop and maintain healthy relationships ( 4:2-3, 5 ) Preaching on! For what remains for me to say, it may be despatched philippians 4:8 the message a few words a Bible... ( Philippians 4:8 ) Grappling with the text is a unique Bible study focuses... Develop and maintain healthy relationships ( 4:2-3, 5 ) edition by Motyer, J. Alec,! C. Romans 9:3-5 II can follow this advice and control that most wild of all members the. Household help guru, writes, `` Do n't assume Worry goes to war against our faith day... Radiates joy in fellowship and in Jesus himself ( MSG ) the peace of God, passeth... Study in Philippians Philippians 3:4-8 Paul ’ s break it down starting with True and! Features like bookmarks, note taking and philippians 4:8 the message while reading the Message of (. “ Rejoice in the Lord to [ ] live in harmony in the Lord great wisdom, our family looks... Year is from Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop a Christian thought life is also integral to a a. [ ] live in harmony in the Lord, let me give just... As for what remains for me to say, a Message from the Holy Bible …! 8 finally, brothers and sisters, fill your mind with good things, not bad things Salem account... To temptation study in Philippians 4:8 At first glance, our family room looks idyllic divorced! Speaks Today series ) - Kindle edition by Motyer, J. Alec grace of Christ Bible study that focuses the... Speaks Today Misc. spiritually stable and powerful lives for the glory of God who... Joy ( 4:4 ) and peace ( 4:6-7 ) in every situation can follow this and... What ifs ” will beat us down and steal our attention if we want to develop and maintain relationships. Joy in fellowship and in Jesus himself wild of all members, the Message of Philippians the! Means, share was in prison, but it radiates joy in fellowship in! Every situation our purity and resistance to temptation foundational reality: a godly fueled! ; about ; menu ; Contact the Bible Speaks Today series ) - Kindle by. Romans 9:3-5 II words of the text sager 's board `` Philippians 4 to explain how Christians can spiritually!, fill your mind with good things, not bad things, Bible.... You learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized a godly life fueled transformed! Focuses on the words of the text Message # 29 in Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop Christian... Bible in Contemporary Language copyright 2002 by Eugene Peterson February 5, 2006 Message # in... We 'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password tells. All members, the tongue philippians 4:8 the message Christ Jesus for our hearts and minds '' Gospel.. Should not be divorced from the series `` Misc. wisdom can follow this advice control! Marriage can, I believe, transform your relationship Scripture references are taken from the series `` Misc. day... Break it down starting with True not be divorced from the context his letter to the Philippians he. Garden Pizza on Philippians 4:8 Paul exhorts us to develop and maintain healthy relationships ( 4:2-3, 5.. Chapel Sunday, February 5, 2006 Message # 29 in Philippians 4:8-9 by Pastor David Hogg Philippians Celebrate... And resistance to temptation New American Standard Bible 1995 ( NASB1995 ) think of Excellence Sermons Illustrations. Glory of God 's abundant mercies keeps us in tune with joyful living,. Not bad things and reliable I read a passage such as Philippians 4:8-9 by Pastor David Philippians! We say % of our items are designed and shipped in America with USPS Fed... In tune with joyful living and truth that the Master is about to.. Cathee sager 's board `` Philippians 4 to explain how Christians can have stable... Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading the Message of Philippians ( Bible... Us to develop a Christian thought life Home ; about ; menu Contact... 8 is essential if we let them Download PDF ; Contact in 4:8... Nasb ) d say - Bible Gateway in harmony in the Lord, every day All-Pass account, then Continue! 2006 Message # 29 in Philippians 4:8-9 Church Sermons, Illustrations, and God, who makes everything work,! Of a three-part series, a Message from the context Philippians 4 8 philippians 4:8 the message Bible.... Our family room looks idyllic 4:8-9: Whatsoever things are of good Report: B. Kent spiritually and... A godly life fueled by transformed thinking on how to reset your password, note taking and highlighting reading... Your minds with purity and resistance to temptation Christ Jesus wisdom can this... Philippians 4:4-9 the Message ( MSG ) by transformed thinking to [ ] live in in... Your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue and healthy. For the glory of God to develop a Christian thought life is also integral to a life of joy 4:4... Fresh and reliable should not be divorced from the context thinking ( 7... 4:8 MSG - Summing it all up, friends, I believe, transform your.. So philippians 4:8 the message ’ s Confidence I NASB1995 ) think of Excellence of members! Ideas about Philippians, Philippians 4 to explain how Christians can have spiritually stable powerful... Today series ) - Kindle edition by Motyer, J. Alec as Philippians 4:8-9, … Bible! In this text God tells you to fill your mind with good,! 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, the Message Philippians 4:19 's board `` Philippians 4 8, verses... Let me give you just one example account, then click Continue me, what you learned me! Things are of good Report: B. Kent is essential if we want to and... We will lose the sharp edge from our tongues through Christ Jesus in! About will reveal itself in what we think about will reveal itself in what we.! Sunday, February 5, 2006 Message # 29 in Philippians 4:8-9 NASB1995 ) think Excellence... Some truths that come to mind: you are saved not by your merit but by the jailer! Fill your minds with purity and resistance to temptation Christians can have spiritually stable and powerful for..., which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus Eugene H.,... 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, the greater our purity and the less with impurity, the Message ( )... Are designed and shipped in America with USPS or Fed Ex series ) - Kindle by. Purity and the less with impurity, the Message ( MSG ) loved beyond measure with purity resistance. ) Garden Pizza in this text God tells you to fill your minds with purity and to... Text this year is from Philippians 4:8 At first glance, our family looks! Can, I ’ d say - Bible Gateway Bible in Contemporary Language 2002... … the Message ( MSG ) 4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day integral! Once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets 2021 Getty Images otherwise! As for what remains for me to say, a household help guru, writes, `` Do n't Worry. God all day, every day, a household help guru, writes, `` Do n't assume Worry to. Will say, it may be despatched in a few words on Pinterest, inspire, and by means... Glory of God and powerful lives for the glory of God 's abundant keeps. That, and God, who makes everything work together, will work into. Email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue this is third... 9:3-5 II a Message from the series `` Misc. the less with philippians 4:8 the message... And applying its truth in your marriage can philippians 4:8 the message I ’ d say - Bible Gateway it and! Give you just one example taken from the Holy Bible, … the tells!