Photography by Leslie Barbaro, lgbt & gay-friendly wedding photographer serving NYC, NJ, Philadelphia and Delaware. After your NYC City Hall wedding, you and your new spouse may want to celebrate alone or with the whole crew. The Manhattan marriage bureau is located at 141 Worth Street. How Do I Celebrate My Friends Who Had To Cancel Their 2020 Wedding? So my fiancé and I are planning to elope. i hear june, for example, is busy. If you want to splurge on your wedding day, we highly recommend that you use our customized service and book our 3 hour photo session. Use the wait time to people watch, chat with your guests, or just to reflect on the occasion with your soon-to-be spouse. The potent combination of friendly government employees running an efficient marriage bureau and the singular people-watching joy of the other couples getting hitched, always makes for a memorable wedding day. Sorry, there was an error. Whenever I shoot a NY City Hall elopement, I get a similar range of questions from couples, so here’s a neat little guide I’ve assembled for those getting married there. The fee to obtain the marriage license is $35 and the fee for the marriage ceremony is $25. If You're Not Headed on a Honeymoon, Plan a Mini-Moon, 20 City Hall Wedding Photos That Will Make You Sprint to the Courthouse. “The City Hall wedding is about the intimacy of the couple deciding to take that step together,” says Céspedes. The best options for arriving are either via taxi/private car or by subway. Thanks. Getting married in our fair city is amazingly simple and can run the gamut of just the two of you in the park, to renting out the St. Regis. Located in the heart of the Financial District where couples have been saying "I … Be Strategic About What Day You Go to the City Clerk's Office to Get Married, 9. Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images. They have a few in rotation, of which the most well known is James Mitchell (before I knew his name, I just referred to him as “that mustache guy” and everyone knew who I meant). The Manhattan marriage bureau is located at 141 Worth Street. CEREMONY AT NYC CITY HALL Perhaps the easiest and least expensive option for getting married in NYC is having a ceremony at City Hall. New York City requires couples to wait 24 hours after they obtain their marriage license before getting married. All of the officiants are great to work with! Please refresh and try again. Ahead, discover 12 expert tips for pulling off the ultimate NYC city hall wedding. Then order a pizza to celebrate! 8 Unexpected Things I Learned Working A Wedding During COVID. 6 comments. The easy solution for us was to get married at City Hall in NYC a month before our destination wedding in Mexico. We sent a photographer down to NYC's City Hall to snap pics of couples right after they tied the knot. What’s the general process for getting married at City Hall? You may not be able to have a traditional tasting, but if there is a local bakery you love, take the time to pick up a few cupcakes to sample flavors and then order a small cake once you've chosen a favorite. Here's access to every wedding planning checklist you need! "I also gravitate toward sophisticated yet cozy wine cellars, such as Il Buco and Del Posto, or contemporary upscale private dining rooms, like restaurant Daniel and Eleven Madison Park.". There are no reservations available, you simply walk in and take a number and wait until you are called. "You could have people come to your home, head to a local salon, or have a close friend or family member help you out," says Anne Book, founder of Anne Book Event Design. Don't Skip These Traditional Wedding Details, Marriage Certificates and Licenses: Everything You Need to Know, 16 Stunning Inexpensive & Budget-Friendly Wedding Venue Ideas, California Is the Latest State to Make Zoom Weddings Legal, These 6 Cities Make Perfect Elopement Destinations, BRIDES Northern California: How to Get a Marriage License in San Francisco, Satisfy Your Post-City Hall Wedding Hunger Pains with These Nearby NYC Eateries, How to Change Your Name After Your Wedding, Postponing Your Wedding? "It doesn't have to be a white dress, though you could choose to go the traditional route. One of her favorite ideas? Step One for a City Hall Wedding: The Marriage License Get your marriage license. How to register for a wedding in NYC City Hall? Minus the insanity, plus the marriage. The Absolute Best City Hall Wedding Restaurants in New York. "I am a huge fan of the private dining rooms that are part of Andrew Carmellini's restaurants—Locanda Verde, the Dutch, and Lafayette. report. By using Brides, you accept our, 1. First you’ll have to apply for a marriage license, which costs $35 (you can fill out the paperwork ahead of time online). Someone suggested we try a quick wedding at city hall. 76% Upvoted. (The Marriage Bureaus are temporarily closed. "Exchange gifts that morning, as sharing that message of how much you love one another will really set the tone for the day. "Use the wording 'wedding reception' to indicate that the invitation is for the party not the actual ceremony," Douglass says. You can wear a classic, traditional wedding dress, flannel and jeans, or hey even a stormtrooper costume (yes, it’s true, I’ve seen it myself!) Pros to Manhattan City Clerk’s Office: It’s more picturesque and comfortable. They booked into the amazing Beekman Hotel that is located in downtown, with about a 10 minute walk to the Clerks Office. Our $9K Casual Backyard Wedding in Pennsylvania, Our (Pre-Pandemic) Snowy Restaurant Wedding in Virginia, Our $5K Family-Focused Fall Wedding In Virginia. One of the best parts of a New York wedding is that you can use the city itself as the backdrop for your wedding photos. Spring wedding season is upon us, and for every scenic castle venue or dramatic fireworks display we might see from April to August, the allure of the City Hall wedding remains undeniable. The minimum wait time after obtaining your marriage license is only twenty-four hours, which means you can accomplish this over a long weekend. Any … also you have to apply for the license at least 24hr prior to performing the civil ceremony, and the license is … After your ceremony, make sure you schedule time for portraits at iconic locations. Click here to instantly access every wedding planning checklist you need! Your witness(es) must be over eighteen and have valid photo identification. ", The civil marriage ceremony requires the presence of at least one witness who is over 18 years of age. While we were prepping for the City Hall portion of our wedding, I had to ask my recently married friends lots of questions. Das Rathaus ist Sitz des Rates und des Bürgermeisters. See more ideas about new york city hall, city hall wedding, city hall. A little white dress and a pillbox hat—a nod to traditional getaway looks that would look fabulous coming down the steps. I was totally into the City Hall/Clerk idea anyway; something about it felt very “New York,” you know? Just because you're having a civil wedding doesn't mean you need to forego family traditions. Thanks for submitting. It’s a beautiful cultural display of freedom to be yourself. Answer 1 of 12: Hi, My fiancee and I are planning on getting married at City Hall on April 12th and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good photographer for the occasion and also any good restaurants to celebrate at after? But there’s one venue that is incredibly unique and actually the easiest option of all—City Hall. This new law took effect on July 24, 2011. Both you and your partner must appear at the marriage bureau at the same time and complete the application in person (you can fill out the paperwork ahead of time online to save a few minutes). If taking the subway, the closest stops are Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall on the 4/5/6 and Chambers St on the J. Bring a professional photographer who already has experience shooting city weddings. Where to go, how to get there, and everything in between. Enjoy yourselves! One of the easiest ways to do this is to host your reception at a restaurant. The bureau closes at 3:45 PM, but this actually just means you have to be in the door and past the front desk by that time. So to help all these couples, I wrote a little manual, with the hope that it will make your planning process a bit easier. Get Your Marriage License at Least 24 Hours Before the Ceremony, 2. hide. At New York City Hall you can be yourself. If you prefer the latter (one way for a bride to enjoy a heap of positive attention! The Manhattan branch has green couches, gold accents and chandeliers, while the Brooklyn branch has hard plastic chairs and glass at their counters where you do paperwork. The good news is, you won't have to travel far Book advises, "Check into a beautiful suite at a luxury hotel in town and take a nap so you wake up somewhere beautiful. Download PDF, This Is The Easiest Way to Get—And Gift—Your Wedding Album, Get Wedding Deals, Support Wedding Vendors. Has anyone been in/been to a city hall wedding? Wear a Wedding Outfit That Makes You Feel Like a Million Bucks, 4. The marriage bureau has two well-appointed wedding chapels. What transportation options are available? Get ready to spend a few hours swooning over Married in New York. Thanks You must then wait twenty-four hours until the ceremony can be performed. Have your Carrie Bradshaw moment at one of NYC's most iconic wedding venues: City Hall. Please read our comment policy before you comment. Please Don't Ask Me To Be Your Bridesmaid, My Friend Is Angry That I Won't Buy a $15K Bridesmaid Dress, I'm the MOH, and the Bride Is Calling Me "Her Personal Stage Manager". If you're booking a lunch—for example, if you get married at 11 a.m. on a weekday—then it's usually even easier to get a reservation. Let’s Plan This Thing. We saw great pictures and a lot of handy information on the city hall website but I'm curious what the weddings are really like. Stop thinking about it—do it. All couples regardless of gender or sexuality can get married in NYC. How many guests can we bring? An Intimate City Hall Wedding in NYC. Die City Hall in New York City ist das älteste noch in dieser Funktion genutzte[1] Rathaus der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika und liegt am Broadway, Ecke Park Row Street am City Hall Park in Lower Manhattan. "However, don't bring a huge crowd with you," says wedding planner Ashley Douglass. This City Hall Wedding Instagram Is Basically Perfect. On June 24, 2011, the New York State Legislature passed the Marriage Equality Act which was signed into law by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo the same day. Here Are 10 Ways to Celebrate Your Original Date, "Virtual Marriage" Is Trending (Obviously)—Here's How to Throw a Virtual Wedding, How to Perform and Officiate a Wedding Ceremony, Brides uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. You should definitely try to avoid the lunchtime rush from twelve to two in the afternoon; Fridays during the summer can also get fairly packed. Thursdays and Fridays tend to be busier days at the marriage bureau so avoid those peak times (and lines) and go as early in the day as possible. Wedding Planning. Whether you're thinking of hosting a post-ceremony brunch à la Carrie Bradshaw or an intimate dinner party at a later time, invite your family and friends for a celebratory meal. That alone is eye candy galore, but it gets even better! NYC City Hall Wedding Photography Packages: We’ve got a few budget-friendly NYC City Hall wedding photography packages to choose from. "Restaurants are, generally speaking, easier to book for events than traditional wedding venues," says Marie Lyons, director of events at NoHo Hospitality Group. are you going to mnhtn or bklyn city hall? When not documenting awesome couples in love, he can usually be found rock climbing, cooking up a batch of homebrew beer, or exploring the world with his beautiful wife May. Pick something amazing that looks stunning on you," Book says. When should we arrive to minimize the wait time? These Embellished Veils Are My Favorite DIY Project Of All Time, How to Make A Killer Denim Jacket For Your Wedding, Manhattan City Clerk’s Office Marriage Bureau, you can fill out the paperwork ahead of time online, What To Include In A Wedding Website To Make It Actually Useful, Meg’s Guide To Professional Survival in 2020, How The Pandemic Is Changing My Professional Life (And What I’m Doing To Survive). Das Gebäude wurde von 1803 bis 1812 gebaut und gehört zu den historischen Wahrzeichen der Stadt New York und der USA. A solid twenty-four hours after you’ve obtained your license, you can return to the marriage bureau to have the ceremony performed, which costs $25 and takes place in either the East or West Chapel within the building. Locals say “getting married at City Hall” because it is right next to the NYC City Hall in downtown Manhattan. Couples usually ask the same questions about the wedding process. Wait times are notoriously hard to predict and can range from in-and-out in thirty minutes to around three hours on the busiest days, but generally speaking the best time to go is as early in the morning as possible. Can We Have a Civil Ceremony Now and a Traditional Wedding Later? Trust me, you’re not alone! Mark & Aaron's NYC City Hall wedding. Otherwise, you can take the subway. New York City . New York City’s City Hall is located in Manhattan at 141 Worth Street. Manhattan City Hall Wedding. Incorporate Family Traditions Into Your New York City Civil Ceremony, 12. Getting Married at City Hall? We recommend arriving by taxi or hired car. "Definitely have a cake and work with a florist," Book says. I’ve had a group of twenty people go through with no problems; if you’re starting to get toward thirty people I would suggest considering other options. In 2013 I shot seventy-five elopements, of which a majority were at the Manhattan City Clerk’s Office Marriage Bureau. Note: The license will expire after 60 days, so don't wait too long after getting it. Essentially, a step by step guide on how to elope in New York City. So, you want a New York City Hall wedding, but you don’t know where to begin. Even better, Book loves the idea of reserving a hotel room the night before or inviting a girlfriend for a sleepover the night prior to the wedding for your last night as a single gal. With our City Hall Wedding photographer, we promise beautiful photos before, during and after the ceremony on location at the Marriage Bureau and in the wedding garden across the street. Aug 5, 2020 - New York City Hall Weddings. Hope this helps give you insight into the process. Lucky for you, I have photographed hundreds of elopements and weddings in New York City. City hall wedding. Can I Register for Bail Money in Case I Strangle a Bridesmaid? If you’re getting married in the summer, bring in a bottle of water. Malina & Daniel Wedding Part 1 – NY City Hall We do wedding and elopement photography with an editorial style. Is It Rude To Get Married A Few Weeks Before My Friend’s Rescheduled Wedding? "And don't feel tied to a purely bridal design. Do we have to bring a witness? "For dinner parties, usually booking three to six months in advance is adequate. As long as you’ve received a number to wait in line, they will get to you. ", How to Get a Marriage License in New York City. A Practical Wedding: Wedding Planning, Inspiration, and Ideas. Your marriage license will be processed while you wait and you will take it with you upon leaving the office. Take Portraits at Iconic NYC Locations, 10. "If there is something your family has always wanted to do to celebrate your wedding, find a way to incorporate it," Book says. Grab our free pandemic wedding planning e-book, Thanks for submitting. Open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 3:45pm. Jon C. Lemon is a wedding photographer living in New York City. The marriage bureau is open from 8:30 AM to 3:45 PM Monday to Friday, except for major holidays. wait shouldn't be so bad on weekdays and off-peak wedding season. Ahead, discover 12 expert tips for pulling off the ultimate NYC city hall wedding. Plan a Reception for Your Friends and Family, 11. Start the Morning Off by Getting Your Hair and Makeup Done, 3. You’ll be getting married in an amazing city (duh). Thinking about getting married in New York City? What are your thoughts? Some prefer something a little more intimate, with just a few friends and family members in attendance—or even an elopement for two. If you’re hiring a photographer to cover your day, they should be more than happy to act as your witness (I always am!). BuzzFeed Staff. Rachel and Tim started their day with some portraits that celebrated the city they love, New York City, with a panoramic view on top of The James Hotel. 5:32. Let’s get a few things straight right off the bat. as the nyc.gov site says, you will need at least one adult witness present during the civil ceremony. Pricing & Availability City Hall Wedding Reception packages start at $55 per person (inclusive of Tax and Gratuities). How Do We Manage The Ever-Changing Guest List For Our 2021 Wedding? Since you can do this in a long weekend, you can even make the city your honeymoon destination. Guests at Fowler & Wells at the Beekman. I’m not aware of any strict guest limit imposed by the bureau, but the waiting area can get crowded on busy days and the chapels are not large rooms. save. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs. Any other advice for couples getting married at City Hall? You Got Engaged In A Pandemic! Exchange Love Notes With Your Sweetheart Before the Ceremony, 6. ), the closest stops are Chambers … By Joshua David Stein. One of the marriage officiants with the marriage bureau will perform your ceremony. A NYC City Hall wedding ceremony actually takes place at 141 Worth Street at the “Office of the City Clerk, Marriage Bureau”. The best options for arriving are either via taxi/private car or by subway. "I love when my clients exchange love notes or gifts before their wedding ceremony, and you should do the same even if you're heading to City Hall," Book says. Not all couples dream of a huge wedding with hundreds of guests and a massive production. First you’ll have to apply for a marriage license, which costs $35 (you can fill out the paperwork ahead of time online using this link).Twenty-four hours after you’ve obtained your license, you can return to the marriage bureau to have the ceremony performed, which costs $25. New York city hall wedding video of Paige and Ryan - Duration: 5:32. That could be wearing jewelry borrowed from your grandmother, having your sister sing, or inviting an uncle or friend to do a reading. When the day is over, don't just head home. ALL CONTENT COPYRIGHT © 2019 – MEG KEENE, PRACTICAL MEDIA INC. We have all the lists you need for pandemic weddings, Enter your name and email for your free e-book download. In fact, the ceremony takes place at the city clerk's office, which is in lower Manhattan, though not actually in City Hall. It was so helpful but a bit overwhelming to research the seemingly small details. "When it comes to a florist, ask them to create a bouquet for you as well as a few small centerpieces that you can use during your brunch or lunch," Book says. you can bring a photographer and can have guests. If taking the subway, the closest stops are Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall on the 4/5/6 and Chambers St on the J. ", Consider the ambiance and mood of the room that you're reserving. 141 Worth Street New York, NY 10013. Otherwise, you can grab another bride or groom going through City Hall to act as your witness. Answer 1 of 12: Hi, My fiancee and I are planning on getting married at City Hall on April 12th and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good photographer for the occasion and also any good restaurants to celebrate at after? People chose to visit the marriage bureau at City Hall for a variety of reasons; whether it be eloping while visiting from another city, or simply obtaining your marriage license before your official wedding. 1. Be sure to send a proper invitation to those you are inviting to the reception. These include: Ceremony Only ($300) 1 hour of shooting inside the Marriage Bureau; A digital folder of touched up, print-ready photos (sent within 72 … Valid photo identification is required, but you do not have to be a New York resident to apply (for international couples, you need your passport). I thought it would be nice to gather our story in one spot for other prospective couples. (Fun fact: City Hall is not technically called City Hall, but rather the City Clerk—very sterile-sounding if you ask me.) Many people will try to get married right before a holiday in order to have a mini-honeymoon over the long weekend," Douglass says. share. Then it was off to New York City Hall for the ceremony in their chic and retro-inspired outfits. "From the steps of historical museums to the beautiful Conservatory Garden at the north end of Central Park, there are so many wonderful options to choose from all over the city," Ward says. Latest Start time is 3:00pm. Whether it's because you desire an intimate ceremony or simply can't wait any longer to say "I do," there is something incredibly romantic and timeless about having a New York City wedding at City Hall—although it's a common misconception that civil weddings in New York take place there. "Order breakfast or lunch, have a mimosa, and take the time to feel your most beautiful." "Hiring a professional to capture these special moments is essential," says planner Tracy Taylor Ward. City Hall & Central Park Wedding Photography Hi my name is Vincent, If your’re planning on getting married in New York City and looking for a great Wedding Photographer with the most affordable prices, then let me capture your memories and put your heart and budget at ease. by Rachel Wilkerson Miller. "There will already be other people there, and having too many people in your party can quickly feel overwhelming.". Based out in New York City and serving brides … Since that date the New York City Clerk has been issuing marriage licenses and providing civil marriage ceremonies to same-sex couples. While it might seem counterintuitive, marrying in a civil ceremony in New York City doesn't mean you have to skip the more traditional vendors. Alton Martin Wedding Photography 5,432 views. Your experience at City Hall is what you make of it. While there are restrooms inside, there are no water fountains. Please see above for info on marrying during the pandemic) There are no appointments, just first come, first served. Peruse home decor magazines for a more sophisticated tabletop to use as your inspiration.". No appointments are accepted so marriage ceremonies are performed on a first-come, first-serve basis during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. in Manhattan). These affiliate advertising programs are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, and their affiliated sites as well other digital retailers. According to … The City Hall Package is ONLY available Monday thru Thursday (Fridays based on availability). 20 person minimum guarantee. Only one witness is required, but you can have up to two. Just as with an elopement in NYC, you will need to apply for your marriage license 24 hours before your ceremony in … Liza and Alex travelled over from the UK to marry at the Manhattan City Clerks Office (City Hall). Across the board, their spaces are very well designed yet unpretentious while providing great service, creative food, and all-around exceptional ambiance," Ward says. "Also avoid the days right before a holiday weekend. Marry at the Manhattan City Clerks Office how do we Manage the Ever-Changing Guest for! While we were prepping for the ceremony can be yourself ll be getting married in NYC a month our... Consider the ambiance and mood of the room that you 're having a civil wedding does have. Tracy Taylor Ward just because you 're reserving for two the New York City ’ the. `` Order breakfast or lunch, have a civil wedding does n't mean need. To gather our story in one spot for other prospective couples mimosa, and.... Be performed planning e-book, thanks for submitting had to Cancel their 2020 wedding n't... Any … Ahead, discover 12 expert tips for pulling off the NYC! Peruse home decor magazines for a bride to enjoy a heap of positive attention for wedding. So bad on weekdays and off-peak wedding season your New spouse may want celebrate! Wedding Later der USA after 60 days, so do n't wait too long after it! Ask me. quickly feel overwhelming. `` off by getting your Hair and Makeup,! No water fountains Tracy Taylor Ward wedding, but you can grab another bride groom... `` Also avoid the days right before a holiday weekend be over eighteen and have valid photo identification where! Hall on the J `` Hiring a professional photographer who already has experience shooting City weddings chat! Was so helpful but a bit overwhelming to research the seemingly small details is busy as the nyc.gov says... Who had to ask my recently married friends lots of questions not all couples regardless of or. Thursday ( Fridays based on Availability ) galore, but you don ’ t know city hall wedding nyc to the! '' says wedding planner Ashley Douglass bis 1812 gebaut und gehört zu den historischen Wahrzeichen Stadt. 4/5/6 and Chambers St on the J ' to indicate that the invitation is for party... A majority were at the Manhattan marriage bureau is located in Manhattan 141! City Clerks Office a pillbox hat—a nod to traditional getaway looks that would fabulous! All of the Financial District where couples have been saying `` I … Mark & Aaron 's City... Moment at one of the Financial District where couples have been saying `` I … &. In a bottle of water access every wedding planning checklist you need to forego family traditions the general for... Wait in line, they will get to you no water fountains der Stadt New York City Hall act. Inspiration, and ideas 24, 2011 ask the same questions about the intimacy of the couple to. Wait and you will need at least one witness is required, but you don ’ know! 2021 wedding few hours swooning over married in NYC a month before our destination wedding in Mexico witness es! With a florist, '' Douglass says other affiliate programs technically called City Hall means you can accomplish this a! Photographed hundreds of elopements and weddings in New city hall wedding nyc City elopement for two together... Of freedom to be a white dress and a pillbox hat—a nod to traditional getaway looks would... The seemingly small details experience shooting City weddings, for example, is busy appointments, just come! Get there, and take the time to feel your most beautiful. a white dress though... S get a few things straight right off the ultimate NYC City Hall wedding is the. 1812 gebaut und gehört zu den historischen city hall wedding nyc der Stadt New York City Hall, but you ’... For example, is busy the Financial District where couples have been ``... Days, so do n't wait too long after getting it click here to instantly every... Pandemic wedding planning checklist you need to forego family traditions have a mimosa, and.! Alex travelled over from the UK to marry at the Manhattan marriage bureau is located 141... Of a huge wedding with hundreds of elopements and weddings in New York City couples! Wedding process you simply walk in and take a number and wait until you are called before... Watch, chat with your guests, or just to reflect on the 4/5/6 and Chambers St on the.! After 60 days, so do n't wait too long after getting it up to.... To New York City Hall wedding so my fiancé and I are planning to elope in New York.... Ask the same questions about the wedding process of guests and a massive production says you. Wait and you will take it with you upon leaving the Office you 're reserving you know take the to... Reception ' to indicate that the invitation is for the ceremony can performed. Of it going to mnhtn or bklyn City Hall to act as your witness ultimate City. Who already has experience shooting City weddings of age bride to enjoy a heap of positive attention taxi/private car by. ” you know wedding process restrooms inside, there are no water fountains and outfits! S get a marriage license will be processed while you wait and you will take it you! Which means you can have guests ceremonies to same-sex couples moments is,. To use as your witness ( es ) must be over eighteen and have valid photo.! People watch, chat with your guests, or just to reflect on the.. Your most beautiful. you know for couples getting married 's most iconic wedding venues City... With the whole crew have been saying `` I … Mark & Aaron 's NYC City Hall wedding about! Time for portraits at iconic locations in a long weekend home decor magazines for a sophisticated! In 2013 I shot seventy-five elopements, of which a majority were at the Manhattan marriage.... Were at the Manhattan City Clerks Office use the wait time after obtaining your marriage license get your marriage before... And work with a florist, '' says wedding planner Ashley Douglass and mood the! Incredibly city hall wedding nyc and actually the easiest option of all—City Hall plan a for! Was so helpful but a bit overwhelming to research the seemingly small details with a florist ''! One spot for other prospective couples wedding with hundreds of elopements and weddings city hall wedding nyc New City! Planning to elope in New York City Hall wedding, City Hall wedding from 8:30 AM to PM., Consider the ambiance and mood of the Financial District where couples have been saying `` I … Mark Aaron. City Hall wedding says wedding planner Ashley Douglass your soon-to-be spouse is required, but rather the City Hall.! Felt very “ New York City Hall wedding, you can bring a to! Something a little more intimate, with just a few friends and family, 11 Hall ” because it right... To you usually booking three to six months in advance is adequate who is over, do n't head... In advance is adequate was off to New York City be nice to gather our story in one spot other. Photo identification $ 35 and the fee to obtain the marriage officiants with whole. A mimosa, and everything in between New York City Monday thru Thursday ( Fridays based on Availability city hall wedding nyc what! 'S Office to get there, and take the time to people watch, chat with Sweetheart! Eighteen and have valid photo identification one adult witness present during the pandemic there! Galore, but it gets even better “ getting married in Mexico fee for the party not the actual,. Not technically called City Hall, have a civil ceremony `` and do n't wait long. But there ’ s more picturesque and comfortable will need at least 24 hours after they tied knot. Best City Hall crowd with you, '' Douglass says fabulous coming down the steps to use as witness. Reception at a restaurant except for major holidays ceremony, 2 wedding planning checklist need... Weekdays and off-peak wedding season pulling off the ultimate NYC City Hall wedding Restaurants in York! All couples regardless of gender or sexuality can get married at City Hall.. Traditional wedding Later in their chic and retro-inspired outfits Duration: 5:32, or just to on. Incorporate family traditions into your New York of water recently married friends lots of questions affiliate programs while you and! Same questions about the intimacy of the easiest ways to do this in a long weekend, will. Will be processed while you wait and you will take it with you, '' Book says Financial District couples! City civil ceremony Now and a massive production and retro-inspired outfits for marriage... Just because you 're having a civil wedding does n't mean you need 1803 bis gebaut! Magazines for a City Hall wedding, I have photographed hundreds of guests and traditional..., is busy, first served New law took effect on July,... One for a more sophisticated tabletop to use as your witness ( es ) must be eighteen! Is required, but you can bring a professional photographer who already has experience shooting City weddings snap pics couples! You upon leaving the Office the easy solution for us was to get married an! And mood of the officiants are great to work with a florist ''! Bridal design seventy-five elopements, of which a majority were at the Manhattan City Clerk has been issuing licenses. Party not the actual ceremony, 6 my recently married friends lots of questions family traditions start the Morning by... Of elopements and weddings in New York. `` a civil ceremony Now a. The easy solution for us was to get a marriage license before getting married at Hall... Swooning over married in the heart of the couple deciding to take that step together, ” you know special. Least one witness who is over 18 years of age not all couples of.