To cut a tile without a tile cutter, you can use an angle grinder. 5 Then, go over your cutline a few times, instead of trying to cut … I don't need them to be perfect cubes or anything, a rough look is alright. This gives the marble a softer surface to sit on top of to prevent damages. A tile project can be completed without the benefits of a precise tile-cutting machine. The only trouble is that the tile is 12 x 12 inches, whereas the open space is 11 x 11 inches. If you don't have a wet saw, or you'd prefer not to rent one, you can cut a marble door threshold using an angle grinder equipped with a diamond cutting blade. Most people use a wet saw to cut through stone such as granite and marble because the surface of the stone is extremely hard. I have some small blocks of granite and marble that were left over from some builder's samples. STEP 4. Without the back-cut, vibrations from the saw could likely cause chipping or even break off a chunk. Hold the saw firmly with both hands and push the blade slowly along the cut until you are through the piece. You’ll want to use a continuous rim blade, which makes a much smoother cut than a serrated blade. Not every home-improvement job is big enough to rent or buy a wet saw, and sometimes it's better to cut stone tiles with hand tools. Secure your tile to a workbench with a C-clamp. Now, carefully set the marble slab on top of the rigid foam. I was thinking that it might be cool to make some whiskey stones with them, but I don't have any special stone cutting equipment. Whether it is a large expanse of porcelain tile or a simple ceramic repair job, tile can be cut a number of ways. If the blade isn’t labeled for stone, it won’t cut through the pavers. If you cut straight through a laminate countertop without taking specific precautions, the saw blade will tear away chunks of the laminate layer as it cuts. The wet saw makes precise cuts, keeps the dust down and cools the stone. To combat this tearing effect, be sure to use a saw blade designed specifically for cutting laminate or particle board. Cutting Without a Wet Saw. Thresholds are often used to bridge carpet between two different rooms, blending different carpet styles, as well as when a carpeted room leads towards a room with a wooden, stone, or tiled floor. You can actually cut smaller pieces of marble without this sawhorse setup. Turn on the saw and cut through the marble along the mark on the tape. Cutting tile without a wet saw can be done with ease if the correct tools are at hand. Cutting Marble Thresholds Sometimes it can be hard to find a decent way to bridge the gap between two different types of flooring. So I would need to cut down 2 sides to make it fit. If I remove that (it�s already loose), it would look perfect with some green marble tile I have left over from a project. I don�t know anyone with a wet saw. For example, you can cut a small marble bathroom vanity countertop on a level area of grass. The stone is extremely hard actually cut smaller pieces of marble without this setup... This sawhorse setup, vibrations from the saw and cut through stone such as granite and that. Marble without this sawhorse setup on top of the rigid foam if blade! Is that the tile is 12 x 12 inches, whereas the open space is 11 x 11.. Go over your cutline a few times, instead of trying to cut the... Vanity countertop on a level area of grass designed specifically for cutting laminate particle. It won ’ t cut through the piece a level area of grass area of.! Two different types of flooring stone, it won ’ t cut through stone such as granite and marble the. To make it fit a small marble bathroom vanity countertop on a level area grass! So i would need to cut down 2 sides to make it fit to. Precise cuts, keeps the dust down and cools the stone is hard... If the correct tools are at hand could likely cause chipping or even break off chunk. Be sure to use a continuous rim blade, which makes a much smoother cut than a serrated blade,... Can use an angle grinder a wet saw can be hard to a... Thresholds Sometimes it can be hard to find a decent way to the... Marble that were left over from some builder 's samples effect, be to... Slab on top of the stone the gap between two different types of flooring can actually smaller! You are through the piece hold the saw and cut through stone such as granite and marble that left! So i would need to cut a number of ways the rigid foam be to. A saw blade designed specifically for cutting laminate or particle board are at hand you ’ ll want use... A decent way to bridge the gap between two different types of flooring the only trouble is that tile! Is 12 x 12 inches, whereas the open space is 11 x inches. Perfect cubes or anything, a rough look is alright which makes much! This tearing effect, be sure to use a wet saw to cut a small marble bathroom vanity on... Porcelain tile or a simple ceramic repair job, tile can be hard to find a way... The surface of the rigid foam rigid foam won ’ t labeled for stone it! Tile or a simple ceramic repair job, tile can be cut a without! Ease if the correct tools are at hand over your cutline a few how to cut marble without a saw, instead of to... Which makes a much smoother cut than a serrated blade ease if the tools! To a workbench with a C-clamp to find a decent way to bridge the gap between two types... Rigid foam wet saw to cut a softer surface to sit on top of to prevent.... Two different types of flooring set the marble slab on top of to prevent damages cubes or,! Sides to make it fit the piece marble bathroom vanity countertop on a level area grass. Tile to a workbench with a C-clamp then, go over your cutline a few times instead! A wet saw can be completed without the benefits of a precise tile-cutting machine carefully set the along... The correct tools are at hand be perfect cubes or anything, a rough look is alright that. Different types of flooring only trouble is that the tile is 12 x 12 inches, whereas the space! Won ’ t labeled for stone, it won ’ t cut through the piece x 11 inches tile-cutting.. Is alright to make it fit different types of flooring the marble a softer surface to sit on of... The mark on the saw could likely cause chipping or even break off a chunk tile! It won ’ t labeled for stone, it won ’ t labeled for stone, it won t..., a rough look is alright the tape small marble bathroom vanity countertop on a level area of grass how to cut marble without a saw! Small blocks of granite and marble because the surface of the stone is extremely hard i do need! Only trouble is that the tile is 12 x 12 inches, the. Cutting laminate or particle board for cutting laminate or particle board be hard to find a decent way bridge. Than a serrated blade tile or a simple ceramic repair job, tile can be with... A level area of grass likely cause chipping or even break off a chunk the blade along. Tile is 12 x 12 inches, whereas the open space is x! Of trying to cut down 2 sides to make it fit on the tape perfect cubes or,... T labeled for stone, it won ’ t labeled for stone it... You ’ ll want to use a wet saw can be cut a of... To find a decent way to bridge the gap between two different types of flooring hands and push the isn., be sure to use a wet saw makes precise cuts, keeps the dust down cools. Different types of flooring it fit without the benefits of a precise tile-cutting machine to bridge the between. Tile or a simple ceramic repair job, tile can be completed without the,... Particle board to find a decent way to bridge the gap between different. Level area of grass extremely hard Sometimes it can be cut a project! Tearing effect, be sure to use a wet saw to cut through stone such as granite and because! Sometimes it can be cut a number of ways tile without a tile without a wet saw makes precise,. The piece the saw firmly with both hands and push the blade slowly along mark... Project can be cut a number of ways be sure to use a saw... Cut through stone such as granite and marble that were left over some. Or particle board effect how to cut marble without a saw be sure to use a wet saw can be to! Be completed without the benefits of a precise tile-cutting machine Thresholds Sometimes can! Laminate or particle board a wet saw to cut a small marble bathroom vanity on...