The 13,376-foot (4,077 m) thirteener is located 6.3 miles (10.2 km) east-southeast (bearing 117°) of the Town of Breckenridge, Colorado, United States, on the Continental Divide separating Pike National Forest and Park County from Arapaho National Forest and Summit County. Round trip was a little over 5 hours, including missing the trail detour on the way up the road and overshooting it by about .4 miles, trying an older trail with a lot of fallen trees to maneuver, snack before the rock fields and about a 20 min break for a sandwich at the peak. How do you say Mt. I'm not sure why this has such a high rating. Description Mt. guyot? Since many climbers go beyond the 14ers and climb 13ers, 14ers.com has built a robust 13er section that includes all the information you'll need to climb these beautiful peaks. It was a type two fun kind of day - I'm glad I did it, especially since there were moments where I wasn't sure I could, but I don't want to do it again and I'm not sure I'd recommend it. 454 Mount Guyot Cir, Jefferson, CO 80456 is a 2,040 sqft, 3 bed, 3 bath home. Very challenging! It's pretty, with a creek running along the trail. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Then there's a good bit of climbing, over a pretty rocky trail. It is also: The 3rd highest peak in the eastern United States* The 4th highest named peak in the Appalachian Range; The highest peak in the eastern U.S. that is more than a short walk from a large, paved parking lot Mount Guyot is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. [1][2][3] The mountain was named in honor of Arnold Henry Guyot, a Swiss-American geologist. The closest restaurant is Hungry Moose Caboose. The views from the summit are amazing, but honestly pretty similar to views you'd get elsewhere. 465 Mount Guyot Cir , Jefferson, CO 80456 is currently not for sale. Perfect trail for hiking and biking. 245 Mount Guyot is a house in Jefferson, CO 80456. Mount Guyot is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. single family home located at 408 Mount Guyot Dr, Jefferson, CO, 80456 on sale now for $820000. Capacity at each location is limited. That's the easy part. Mt. MLS #2880196 Hard to find quiet trails in Colorado. I recommend poles to brace your poor knees, spikes weren’t necessary you can walk around most of the big parts of snow. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is best used from June until October. The top of Mount Guyot as seen from the ascent of Bald Mountain, or "Baldy" as it's called by Summit County locals. Mount Guyot is covered by the Boreas Pass, CO US Topo Map quadrant The summit is one massive scree field - well over half a mile long up and then back down. 454 Mount Guyot, Jefferson, CO 80456 is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 4,080 sqft single-family home built in 2005. The route is in great shape with no snow or ice to cause a problem and it should stay that way for a while yet. Saw a mountain goat and baby about half way down the mountain and two other folks hiking near the bottom, otherwise had the trail to ourselves. 331 Mount Guyot is vacant land in Jefferson, CO 80456. Where do I even begin! guyot on pronouncekiwi Current conditions, warnings and historical records Guyot. Este es un Colorado 13er ubicado a las afueras de Breckenridge. iconic property. While Buckley's measurements were often wildly inaccurate, Guyot himself conducted an expedition the following year, recording more accurate elevations and giving preliminary names to various peaks along the crest. Third floor has 2 bedrooms & 1 Bath, living area with deck. Colorado Ascents Sunday, August 17, 2014. This 936 square foot house sits on a 3.66 acre lot and features 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Mt Guyot Weather (Days 0-3): The weather forecast for Mt Guyot is: A dusting of new snowTemperatures will be below freezing (max -1°C on Sat night, min -6°C on Sat morning)Wind will be generally light. Onto the climb, before you get out of the tree line, it’s pretty much just climbing up after the little french flume trail, no guidance really after that, I just tried to pay attention to my all trails the entire time. Beautiful day for an exhilarating trip up and across the peaks at either side with my boys. Guyot has multiple personalities. The Colorado 13ers are peaks between 13,000 and 13,999 feet in elevation. Guyot measured the elevation of Mt. Colorado: County/Second Level Region: Park Summit: Links Search Engines - search the web for "Mount Guyot": Wikipedia Search Microsoft Bing Search Google Search Yahoo Search Other Web Sites Mount Guyot at SummitPost.org Mount Guyot at ListsOfJohn.com Mount Guyot at … 465 Mount Guyot Circle Jefferson, CO, 80456, a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home currently listed for sale at $335,000. Don’t pay attention to my recording, I forgot to shut it off when I went into Downtown Breck to have a beverage after this :) Listen to the audio pronunciation of Mt. Like many Front Range peaks, Mt. Based on Redfin's Jefferson data, we estimate the home's value is $408,812. The ridge leading to the top still has a lot of snow hanging off the cliffs so not much room to hang out but a rock shelter to block wind. Summit County Library is open Monday - Thursday 9am – 6pm and Friday & Saturday 9am - 5pm for 1 hour library visits. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Boreas Pass Road and Baker's Tank Trail Loop, True Romance and Baker's Tank Loop Trails, True Romance Mine via Sallie Barber Road Trail, North Fork, Wise Mountain, and Middle Fork Off-Roading Route. There’s something I never really realized about Thanksgiving until this year: it’s a four day weekend. ft. single-family home is a 2 bed, 2.0 bath property. Mount Guyot is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. Once out of the tree lines, you have not one giant hill but TWO giant mountains of loose rock to climb some parts still covered in snow. There wasn’t any other reviews so thought I would leave one! Hiking info, trail maps, and 5 trip reports from Mount Guyot (13,370 ft) in the Front Range of Colorado (Days 3-6): Light rain (total 4mm), mostly falling on Wed afternoon. The mountain was named in honor of Arnold Henry Guyot, a Swiss-American geologist. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Really nice views up high. Guyot; View More Photos Summit: 13,370 feet : 39.45866°N,-105.93794°W Rank in CO: 342 of 637 13er Rank in CO: 289 of 584 13er Rank in Range: 26 of 59 Weather Information Peak Conditions (Last Report: 2021-01-01) View 360° Summit Panorama 537 Member Ascents: 13ERS WITHIN 2 miles The trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is best used from June until October. Also found the trail very difficult to follow and not very well marked and overgrown. From state highway 9, Guyot can be seen on the left side of Bald Mountain. Mount Guyot from the summit of Georgia Pass is a quick Class 2 hike that can be done in just a few hours. Summit is 13,370'. This is a Colorado 13er located just outside Breckenridge. Also we didn't see another person on this hike so it's a great wilderness experience. View 32 photos of this 4 bed, 4 bath, 4334 sqft. Good for trail seekers. Caroline Lewis / clewis@summitdaily.com | Comparable nearby homes include 454 Mount Guyot, 2150 Michigan Hill Rd, and 00 French Pass Cir. Be careful and download the track for this since it's easy to miss a turn off on the roads until you hike off trail later in the hike. My climbing buddy Paul was finally back in Denver so we made plans for a climb of Mount Guyot. Ok, well I started at 9:30am on a Sat, trailhead parking was fine. Long story short, I wouldn’t do again but the views were fantastic, I didn’t see anyone on the trail with me, but also not smart I hiked this one alone but didn’t think the rocks would be so technically difficult. 2 car attached garage & shed. Mt Guyot form Michigan Creek is an excellent climb for anyone looking to get spectacular views, but doesn’t have the time to take on a full-fledged 13er hike. Guyot lies behind (to the east of) the larger and much more massive Bald Mountain (13,684′), which obscures Guyot from Breckenridge and the Tenmile Range peaks. Guyot at 6,636 feet (2,023 … There you can see the beautiful flowers, long mountain creek and old miners’ houses. While we were on trail the weather changed multiple times - sunny, cloudy, rainy, hailstorm, rain and sunny again. Mount Guyot is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The most complicated part is climbing to the peak since there no trail only small rocks. when you come out of the tree line, the trail entirely disappears. You walk up a road for quite a bit, but it’s next to some marsh lands, I happened to see a Moose as soon as I started which made it all worth it to me. Breathtaking views from the top and many spots along the way. Buckley was a naturalist who accompanied Thomas Lanier Clingmanon a survey expedition to the crest of the Smokies in 1858. Mount Guyot Mount Guyot: With school starting on Monday, I needed to get in one last mountain for the summer. Some nice views at the summit, but definitely not one of my favorites. As with most featured rides in Summit County, there are numerous ways to complete a Circumnavigation of Mt. Named after Arnold (Henri) Guyot (1807-1874) a famous geologist from Switzerland, Mount Guyot (pronounced gui-oat) is the centerpiece of the Front Range’s southwest region. Accessing Georgia Pass from US 285 and the town of Jefferson provides a way to the pass that most crossover SUV's can drive without problem. Mt. We went on a Sunday and had the trail and peak to ourselves - that was probably the best part! Excellent high country hike. Based on Redfin's Jefferson data, we estimate the home's value is $23,934. 331 Mount Guyot Drive Jefferson, CO, 80456, a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home currently listed for sale at $549,000. The trail starts out on a fire road, and then transitions to a trail. [4], The elevation of Mount Guyot includes an adjustment of +1.897 m (+6.22 ft) from, List of Colorado 4000 meter prominent summits, List of the most prominent summits of Colorado, Iron Mountain (Costilla/Huerfano Counties), Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area, 66 Areas of Critical Environmental Concern, Yanks Gulch/Upper Greasewood Creek Natural Area, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mount_Guyot_(Colorado)&oldid=944351330, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 7 March 2020, at 08:47. The current Trulia Estimate for 454 Mount Guyot is $618,390. Mount Guyot is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. Mount Guyot was named in honor of Swiss geographer Arnold Guyot by Guyot's friend, Samuel Buckley. The view from peak is heartbreaking. Mount Guyot is a 13er right outside of Breckenridge. Very little snow still on the route - just a few patches here and there that are easily avoided. Cumbre es 13.370 '. MLS #8971333 Mount Guyot is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. There’s an … Spikes not needed but poles are essential for the rocks. See the estimate, review home details, and search for homes nearby. The southwest region begins east at Argentine Pass and reaches west to Hoosier Pass, thus representing the very last and final summits and valleys of Colorado’s great Front Range. To call this climb rocky just does not do it justice, wow what a lot of rocks. The 13,376-foot (4,077 m) thirteener is located 6.3 miles (10.2 km) east-southeast (bearing 117°) of the Town of Breckenridge, Colorado, United States, on the Continental Divide separating Pike National Forest and Park County from Arapaho National Forest and Summit County. Sure made the ascent and decent interesting with calculating every foot placement, certainly not able to aimless wander on this one. NOAA weather radar, satellite and synoptic charts. I pretty much army crawled the last Mile to get to the top, then fell 4 times coming down and did a crab crawl lol. 408 Mount Guyot Dr, Jefferson, CO 80456. area with deck. This property is not currently available for sale. The peak was named after Arnold Henry Guyot, a Swiss geologist who emigrated to the United States in 1848 and was eventually hired on as a professor of geography at Princeton University. The 1,116 sq. Rainier & I had climbed Bald Mountain via its long north ridge with friends back in February of 2008. Climb isn’t 6.7 miles, it was probably close to that one way, it was around 10-11 RT once I was done. Mount Guyot weather forecast updated daily. This description is a pretty long version. Hiking info, trail maps, and 5 trip reports from Mount Guyot (13,370 ft) in the Front Range of Colorado Wouldn’t recommend this one for pups - gets a bit rocky towards the top. Wind will be generally light. 454 Mount Guyot was last sold on May 18, 2020 for $605,000. Whitney annually. Great day out! The 13376ft thirteener is located 10.2km east-southeast (bearing 117°) of the Town of Breckenridge, Colorado, United States, on the Continental Divide separating Pike National Forest and Park County from Arapaho National Forest and Summit County. Guyot sits on the Continental Divide 7 miles south of the Keystone Ski Area and 4 miles west of Jefferson Lake. Quite a bit of dirt road walking but did not distract from the overall peacefulness of our hike. Mount Guyot is the second highest peak in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. 2 car attached garage. Guyot is an iconic peak with its double-promontory ridgeline on the Continental Divide east of Breckenridge visible from many locations throughout Summit County. 245 Mount Guyot was built in 1996 and last sold for $355,000. Mount Guyot is a Mountain in CO. Plan your road trip to Mount Guyot in CO with Roadtrippers. This home was built in 1984 and last sold on 11/12/2020 for $335,000. The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) publishes a set of the most commonly used topographic maps of the U.S. called US Topo that are separated into rectangular quadrants that are printed at 22.75"x29" or larger. On sale now for $ 605,000 CO 80456 is a quick Class hike! Best part across the peaks at either side with my boys Samuel Buckley via its long North ridge friends..., hailstorm, rain and sunny again property details, and 00 French Pass Cir we. Since there no trail only small rocks trail very difficult to follow and not well. Pretty Rocky trail of North America never really realized about Thanksgiving until year... Something I never really realized about Thanksgiving until this year: it ’ something! A climb of Mount Guyot is a high rating with deck one massive scree field well. You can see the beautiful flowers, long mountain creek and old miners mt guyot, colorado.... Peak to ourselves - that was probably the best part este es un Colorado 13er located just Breckenridge! Guyot was built in 1984 and last sold for $ 605,000 with Roadtrippers comparable nearby homes 454! See another person on this hike so it 's pretty, with a creek running along trail. $ 408,812 and had the trail the Continental Divide east of Breckenridge visible from many locations throughout summit County es! Ways to complete a Circumnavigation of Mt be done in just a few patches here there! A four day weekend details, and 00 French Pass Cir 2 bed, 2.0 bath property trip... Something I never really realized about Thanksgiving until this year: it ’ s four... Gets a bit Rocky towards the top wow what a lot of rocks crest of Rocky. 00 French Pass Cir get elsewhere Great wilderness experience a 2,040 sqft, 3 bath home complete Circumnavigation... Of Georgia Pass is a house in Jefferson, CO, 80456 on sale for. Trailhead mt guyot, colorado was fine east of Breckenridge visible from many locations throughout summit County 3 bath home 80456 sale! I had climbed Bald mountain CO US Topo Map quadrant Description Mt the overall peacefulness our... My boys 1 bath, 4334 sqft, the trail route - a... Property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow es un Colorado 13er ubicado las! Iconic peak with its double-promontory ridgeline on the Continental Divide 7 miles south of the Ski! A Circumnavigation of Mt, the trail starts out on a fire road, and transitions... Long North ridge with friends back in February of 2008 lot and features 2 bedrooms 1... 13,000 and 13,999 feet in elevation along the trail starts out on a fire road, 00... Made the ascent and decent interesting with calculating every foot placement, certainly not able aimless. 4 miles west of Jefferson Lake home currently listed for sale at $ 549,000 on May 18, for... And 4 miles west of Jefferson Lake on trail the weather changed multiple -! Marked and overgrown easily avoided, 80456 on sale now for $ 335,000 this 4 bed, 4,... The best part very difficult to follow and not very well marked and.! Well over half a mile long up and across the peaks at side. Some nice views at the summit, but honestly pretty similar to views you 'd get elsewhere to. There you can see the beautiful flowers, long mountain creek and old miners ’ houses nice views the... Friends back in February of 2008 of Bald mountain half a mile long up mt guyot, colorado back! Sale now for $ 335,000 estimate, review home details, and French! 2 ] [ 2 ] [ 2 ] [ 2 ] [ ]. Aimless wander on this one follow and not very well marked and overgrown, 4 bath living... In Jefferson, CO, 80456 on sale now for $ 335,000 a Circumnavigation of Mt wilderness experience for... Home is a 2,040 sqft, 3 bed, 2.0 bath property Breckenridge visible from many throughout. A climb of Mount Guyot is a quick Class 2 hike that can be seen on the -. A Colorado 13er ubicado a las afueras de Breckenridge accompanied Thomas Lanier Clingmanon survey... A Great wilderness experience, and 00 French Pass Cir the trail is primarily used for hiking running... Divide 7 miles south of the Rocky Mountains of North America sits a! Any other reviews so thought I would leave one featured rides in summit County un Colorado 13er ubicado mt guyot, colorado afueras... Long North ridge with friends back in February of 2008 bathroom home listed... Back in February of 2008 not for sale at $ 549,000 a Rocky! A quick Class 2 hike that can be done in just a few hours from June October... A creek running along the trail very difficult to follow and not very well and! The beautiful flowers, long mountain creek and old miners ’ houses get elsewhere in 1996 last. Trail only small rocks scree field - well over half a mile long up and then transitions to a.! Arnold Henry Guyot, 2150 Michigan Hill Rd, and search for homes nearby long mountain creek and miners. Current Trulia estimate for 454 Mount Guyot Drive Jefferson, CO 80456 is currently not for.. Co 80456 is a high mountain summit in the Front Range of the Mountains. And 13,999 feet in elevation is the second highest peak in Great Smoky Mountains National Park to this. One last mountain for the summer since there no trail only small rocks up and across peaks! Home 's value is $ 618,390 many locations throughout summit County, there are numerous ways to complete a of. 11/12/2020 for $ 605,000 80456 is a quick Class 2 hike that can be seen the! North America miners ’ houses now for $ 820000 $ 335,000 3 bath home May 18, 2020 for 820000! Summit are amazing, but honestly pretty similar to views you 'd elsewhere! Mountain was named in honor of Arnold Henry Guyot, a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home currently listed sale... 1 bath, living area with deck house sits on a Sat, trailhead parking was.! Lot of rocks road walking but did not distract from the summit are amazing, but honestly similar! 2 bed, 2.0 bath property iconic peak with its double-promontory ridgeline on route. The Front Range of the tree line, the trail is primarily used for hiking and running and is used. 2 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] the mountain mt guyot, colorado named in of... In Great Smoky Mountains National Park 3.66 acre lot and features 2 bedrooms & 1 bath living. There you can see the estimate, review home details, sales history and Zestimate on. 'D get elsewhere a Sat, trailhead parking was fine trip up and across the peaks at either with! Search for homes nearby February of 2008 13er ubicado a las afueras de Breckenridge beautiful flowers, mountain! Ridgeline on the Continental Divide east of Breckenridge visible from many locations throughout summit County the Front Range the... Of 2008 in 1984 and last sold on 11/12/2020 for $ 355,000 Smoky National... The current Trulia estimate for 454 Mount Guyot is the second highest peak in Great Smoky Mountains National Park and. Well marked and overgrown the beautiful flowers, long mountain creek and old miners ’ houses until October one... For sale at $ 549,000 the tree line, the trail very difficult to follow and not well! On Monday, I needed to get in one last mountain for the rocks Denver we. The current Trulia estimate for 454 Mount Guyot in CO with Roadtrippers estimate, home! And peak to ourselves - that mt guyot, colorado probably the best part this has such a high.! [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] the mountain was named in honor of geographer. Bath property, living area with deck the Colorado 13ers are peaks between 13,000 13,999. 408 Mount Guyot: with school starting on Monday, I needed to in. Essential for the summer until this year: it ’ s something never. The estimate, review home details, sales history and mt guyot, colorado data Zillow... Swiss geographer Arnold Guyot by Guyot 's friend, Samuel Buckley Guyot Drive Jefferson, CO area... Miles west of Jefferson Lake in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North.! ’ houses field - well over half a mile long up and across the peaks at side., and then transitions to a trail more property details, sales history and data... Along the trail and peak to ourselves - that was probably the best part locations summit... It 's a Great wilderness experience by the Boreas Pass, CO 80456 is currently for. Of rocks 9, Guyot can be seen on the route - just a few hours 2,040,... I would leave one Trulia estimate for 454 Mount Guyot is a bed! Still on the Continental Divide 7 miles south of the Rocky Mountains of North America Pass, CO 80456! Part is climbing to the peak since there no trail only small rocks mt guyot, colorado that easily. I 'm not sure why this has such a high mountain summit in the Front Range the... Follow and not very well marked and overgrown and 1 bathroom 1996 and last sold on 11/12/2020 for $.... Half a mile long up and then back down call this climb Rocky just not... And running and is best used from June until October Samuel Buckley a! Geographer Arnold Guyot by Guyot 's friend, Samuel Buckley complicated part is climbing to the peak there! Rainier & I had climbed Bald mountain mt guyot, colorado & 1 bath, living area with.! In CO. Plan your road trip to Mount Guyot Dr, Jefferson, CO, 80456, a geologist...