Top tips for answering "Why should we hire you?" I also collaborated cross-functionally by collecting customer feedback and communicating it to the product team.”. Secondly, I am really passionate about selling, and enjoy pitching the customers. What answer works best when the recruiter asks why do you think you are the best fit for this position. Sample answer:I was part of two teams in college: the baseball team and the student government. Emphasize that you're not satisfied until the customer is satisfied. You sound pretentious when you say three or more good traits about yourself. This question helps you determine whether a candidate enjoys talking to people and if they have the power to boost customer loyalty and engagement. This strategy made me the fastest cashier in the store and kept my stress level low. Emphasize that your number one goal is to always make sure the customer is happy and satisfied with the service you provide. Providing exceptional customer service is a team effort that requires constant collaboration to build a strong, positive image of the company. He thanked me for my patience and told me he would tell his friends about his experience.”. Your goal when making your pitch is to show that you’re the best person to solve that problem. Here are some of the most common customer service representative interview questions along with example answers for you to study before your first interview. Dedicated to helping job seekers find work during the pandemic. I’ll be honest, to me this is right up there with “What’s your weakness” in terms of loaded interview questions. At MyPerfectResume, we are passionate about two things: sharing our knowledge about the workforce and providing exceptional tools to help jobseekers get ahead. Practice for your next interview by developing personal answers. Even if interviewers don't ask this exact question it's what they want to know. My rule of thumb is to first seek to understand, then seek to be understood. If you follow the 3 steps above and organize your answer like the answer examples we looked at, you’ll have a great answer for “why should we hire you.” After this, make sure to practice a few times at home. Sample answer: I used to work as a customer service representative for an auto insurance company, and one time a customer called with a complaint about the repair shop that was fixing his car. Every company’s customer service stack is different, but it’s an added bonus if a candidate has past experience using ticketing systems, CRMs and collaboration tools, or has the desire to learn new technologies and systems. Get answers … Find 12 answers to 'Please tell us why you would be a perfect fit for Coles and our customers' from Coles employees. Perfect sample interview answers for "Why Should We Hire You?" Ask this question to find out if a candidate knows how to respond calmly and efficiently in these situations. I was able to talk the manager into reimbursing the customer, and the customer was so happy with my service that he called my manager to recommend a promotion. This is a time to let the customer (the interviewer) know what your product (YOU) can do for them and why they should listen to what you have to offer. Ask this critical question to gauge a candidate’s commitment to the role and and gain insights about their customer service philosophy. After I politely explained this to the customer, she began screaming personal insults at me. Often an employer will request "Walk me through your resume" at the start of an interview. After all, providing high-quality products, services, and Customer care brings money to the bank (but you should also focus on the most promising Customers first. When answering this interview question, describe your customer service skills in a manner that emphatically communicates this: you always provide great customer service, to customers of all types (pleasant ones, and difficult ones too). "Why should we hire you?" "You should hire me because I am unlike anyone else you have interviewed before. List of Strengths and Weaknesses. You will need a good and original answer to stand out…. Sample answer: According to your job description, you need someone with exceptional customer service skills who isn't afraid to handle conflict. The most important thing I have learned about teamwork is that in order for a team to reach its potential, everyone must contribute and be valued. I embraced the challenge, however, by focusing on the things I could control and ignoring the things I couldn't. Oddball Job Interview Questions: What Animal Would You Be? Tell me about yourself. Hiring managers want to know you have the skills , experience and work ethic necessary to effectively solve customer issues … At my previous job, I helped customers with complex software products and if I didn’t know an answer, I reached out to my co-workers for assistance, referred the customer to someone who could help or looked through my training manual for answers.”. The HR interview question “Why Should I Hire You” turns out to be tricky no matter how simple it may sound. Appeasing an irate customer is no easy task, but delighting them can be even more challenging. Then, talk through your process for resolving the angry customer's issues/problems. On the other hand, the first answer is an answer from a person who may provide good customer service but only because s/he is forced to. You’re a multi-talented, super good employee. I am a competitive achiever, and an honest person. I previously worked as a cashier at a busy big-box retailer, and the environment during holiday sales was incredibly hectic. I think you should hire me because of my attitude. To summarize, I have a decade of customer service experience and I practice conflict resolution daily. I was voted Most Outgoing at my last job and small talk is one of my talents.”. This question will let you know if a candidate is willing to jump in and help their colleagues, and if they have the ability to relay customer feedback effectively to other departments. What to look for in an answer: “During my previous role, a customer was furious about not being able to return an item for a full refund. How do you answer the common interview question "With so many talented candidates to choose from, why should we hire you?" Customer service representatives are the first point of contact for your customers, acting as the face of your company and driving loyalty, retention and acquisition. Doing this can cause you to come off as robotic or inauthentic during the interview. If you are in a job search and you want to attend an interview, you should know your unique selling … Sample answer: My first reaction to conflict is to try to understand the perspective of whomever the conflict involves. I’m also really interested in learning more about how automation can make the customer service process faster and more efficient.”. Why should we hire you answers examples for customer service Get Richard's FREE Online Interview Course at:http://www.PassMyInterview.comWHY SHOULD WE … I always put the customer first and make sure that they know that they are important. We all know the irate/irritating customers, but job interviews are not the place to volunteer your views about them. Mention your stellar work ethic, and your ability to go above and beyond when necessary. Why Should We Hire You? Click here to read more, Home » Career Center » Interviews » Interview Questions » 7 Common Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Answers. And never throw another candidate under the bus when answering this question. And note that you always do it in a timely, easy-going, and polite manner. Remember, employers hire workers to solve a problem, whether it’s boosting sales, streamlining processes, or building a brand. On those college teams and in every job I've held, believing that everyone has something to bring to the table has resulted in better results and a better culture. In addition to “Why should we hire you?”, there are other common interview questions you should prepare for. For more good sample interview answers to "Why should we hire you?". It may leave you feeling as if you are compared to other candidates but that’s how it is. Visit our Help Center for answers to common questions or contact us directly. After letting him vent, listening intently to his concerns and apologizing for the inconvenience, I helped him find a gift for his wife for the same price so he wasn’t out any money. Here's another approach. The truth is, companies just want to make sure that you have what it takes to provide quality service that'll keep customers satisfied and coming back. I listen to their problems and offer the best solutions. Sample answer: The most difficult customer I've ever seen was someone who came to the customer service counter at the office supply store where I worked. Get help with answering interview questions about your suitability for the job opportunity at : What are Your Strengths. When answering this interview question, talk about how you always strive to go above and beyond when providing service to a customer. It's the underlying question inherent in every interview inquiry. Talk about how you're The One for the job, but do it in a humble style. Customer satisfaction – we are obsessed with it, and you should be too Why should we hire you answers examples for customer service. Answer the “Why should we hire you?” question by addressing the mutual benefit that would result from the hiring decision, instead. You're going to steer the interview away from the goofy question "Why should we hire you?" Not only does listening to the other person allow me to clearly determine the root of the problem, it also helps ease the tension so we can communicate more calmly and effectively. MyPerfectResume culls detailed advice…, 7 Common Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Answers, More Articles by MyPerfectResume Staff Writer. You can expect some fairly common interview questions no matter what industry you're interested in, so make sure you are ready to talk confidently about your skills and experience. Writers are often told to ‘show not tell.’ When answering this interview question, you need to think of a time when you used a specific skill to achieve something tangible. Why should we hire you as a ground staff?as i already have 10 years of experience in the handling customer service , so i am capable for that post Why should we hire you service crew best answer? The issue didn't really have anything to do with the insurance company because it was not related to a claim, but I told the customer I would call the repair shop and get things straightened out. The next step is equally (if not more) important. If that particular caterer has a good reputation for customer sercice, then you should hire them. I know how to deal with different personalities, and I have guts to go … What to look for in an answer: “I’m definitely a people person! In answering “why should we hire you” you have the opportunity to provide a solution to any potential problems that the company you are applying to might be facing. The customer realized that I wasn't reacting to her tirade and soon left. Sample answer: You could say that I'm "customer obsessed." This type of question is similar to „Why should we hire you… Best practices on how to manage jobs on Indeed, Resources, insights and tools for employers, Answers to common questions about Indeed products, Customer Service Representative Interview Questions. Even with extensive training and experience, customer service representatives won’t know how to help every customer. *Indeed provides this information as a courtesy to users of this site. What to look for in an answer: “I have extensive experience using live chat software, JIRA for ticketing and Zendesk for customer relationship management. What to look for in an answer: “To me, customer service means identifying the root of a customer’s problem and working to find a solution that surpasses their expectations using in-depth knowledge of the company’s service or product. Exceptional customer service is all about maintaining a positive and friendly attitude that makes a good first … I really like the product of your company, that is the first reason why you should hire me. Both experiences involved working closely with people who held very different viewpoints from mine. When answering this interview question, talk about how your experience, skills, and talents align with the requirements of the position. When it comes to answering a question such as, “Why should we hire you?” there are a few practices you should avoid: Memorizing your answer. “To me, customer service means identifying the root of a customer’s problem and working to find a solution that surpasses their expectations using in-depth knowledge of the company’s service or product. While this is not an exhaustive list, it should get you started brainstorming answers to interview questions. For example, you may come across a news item for a local hardware store that talks about how the lack of modernization of their computer systems … I love talking to people from different backgrounds, finding out about their lives and helping them find solutions to their problems. The BEST ANSWER to the interview question, Why Should We Hire You? Why should we hire you? It's important that you are prepared to answer customer service representative interview questions like this. How to answer why should I hire you in a way that wins the interviewer over. Exceptional customer service is all about maintaining a positive and friendly attitude that makes a good first impression and leaves a lasting one.”. The more detail you give the stronger your answer will be. What will set you apart, however, is your ability to answer questions related to customer service. You may find more experienced, more knowledgeable people, you may find people asking less salary than me but you'll not get a people like me. What to look for in an answer: “I never pretend to know an answer if I don’t. Those differences turned out to be valuable because opposing perspectives resulted in greater solutions than we would have otherwise found. Why they ask why should we hire you. Why should we hire you belongs to the most typical interview questions.When you apply for a bank teller job, employers have a good reason to ask the question. Examples: “After listening to you talk about the position, it sounds like you need someone who has exceptional project management skills. The customer was distraught because he didn't know much about cars and felt he was getting ripped off. For instance, anyone can say they have great communication skills without explainin… 19 Best Example Answers “Why should we hire you?” is an interview question that requires an answer that must convince the interviewer that you are a perfect match for the job position. I am dedicated law enforcement, and engaged in this career path to the point where I commit myself to taking at least one career development or leadership related workshop every year. You'll need to describe reasons using concrete examples illustrating how and why you are a good fit for the organization. When answering, don’t simply rattle off your resume or personal history. Your job is to supply appropriate answers. You can sell something well only when you truly like the product. toward a substantive discussion of the real business issues. How a candidate handles a customer pointing out a well-known problem with a product or service can reveal their level of empathy and ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with an unsatisfied customer. Here are five ways to answer that question without groveling! Interviews are absolutely critical to the hiring process because they are typically the first time you and the hiring manager get to meet face-to-face. “Why Should We Hire You?” - 10 Best Answers for 2020. What to look for in an answer: “Teamwork is essential for success as a customer service rep. At my last job, I worked closely with a cohesive team. The customer was irate that we would not match a price even though the products were not the same. And note that you always do it in a timely, easy-going, and polite manner. Why should we hire you as a customer service ... Before you decide to hire a caterer you first need check their customer service history. Many of my coworkers regularly complained that the system was unfair. When answering this interview question, describe your customer service skills in a manner that emphatically communicates this: you always provide great customer service, to customers of all types (pleasant ones, and difficult ones too). In short, an interview is your opportunity to show the employer that you don't just look good on paper. I kept a smile on my face, apologized for the inconvenience and suggested checking another store. If I’m unsure how to help a customer, I say, ‘Great question! Cashiers were given scores based on the speed at which they completed checking out customers, and too many low scores resulted in discipline from the lead cashier. Let me find out for you,’ and take steps to find a solution. Thanks to our well-rounded assemblage of experts, we offer industry-specific resume and cover letter writing tips and career advice for almost every job. Company policy only allowed me to offer the customer store credit since he didn’t have a receipt. You need to be ready for this interview question - it is one of the most frequently asked questions and is a great opportunity to stand out from the crowd. While preparation is highly encouraged, you do not want to memorize your answer word for word. Want More Questions and Answers? The problem is, the interviewer can’t even get her shit together, can’t get out of bed without hitting snooze five times, can’t make sunny-side up eggs without the yolk broken; and here you are, talking about how pu… What to look for in an answer: “I would apologize, tell them I completely understand how they feel and assure the customer that my team is currently working to fix the problem. We regularly pooled our knowledge and resources to address tricky customer complaints and handle a large amount of incoming calls during peak times. To help you prepare for a customer service representative job interview, it helps to be aware of some of the questions you will be asked and what kind of responses interviewers are looking for. Sample answer: Yes, I would. Job interviews can be daunting. Our complete training system gives you video lessons, sample answers, and an interactive practice tool for all of these different versions of “Why should we hire you?” Land Your Dream Job Watch this brief video to learn a little more about Big Interview, and click here to look inside at the proven, step-by-step system we’ve … When answering this interview question, talk about your stellar abilities with keeping cool in the face of stressful situations. I would also give them a timeline for a solution and make sure they felt valued by thanking them for their feedback.”. You will find yourself sitting in a room with the hiring manager, having to answer tough questions about your experience and qualifications for the position you are seeking with the company. If you hire me I'll do my best for this organisation and will reach your organization in a new height. Interview Question: Your Biggest Weakness, The Most Important Question You'll Face in an Interview. There are dozens if not hundreds of applicants for teller jobs, and it is difficult to pick the best one only. Please note that we are not your career or legal advisor, and none of the information provided herein guarantees a job offer. You may think that when it comes to customer service, most companies uphold the idea that the "customer is always right." To excel at providing thorough and enthusiastic customer service, customer service representatives must possess a talent for nurturing strong customer relationships. Ask this question to determine if a candidate is willing to go the extra mile for a customer, even in a tense situation. This is not a time to talk about what you … If you've been offered an interview for a position, it means you did an excellent job presenting your qualifications in your resume and cover letter. I get it. Interviewers deliberately ask “Why should we hire you?” not only because it challenges you to convey why you’re the most qualified person for the job, but also so they can test your mental agility and ability to handle pressure at the same time – two highly sought after competencies. Reacting to her tirade and soon left equally ( if not hundreds of applicants for teller jobs, and manner! All about maintaining a positive and friendly attitude that makes a good and answer! And our customers ' from Coles employees my coworkers regularly complained that the `` customer obsessed. if. Users of this site, Why should we hire you? and and gain insights their... And helping them find solutions to their problems constant collaboration to build a strong positive... ’ s how it is difficult to pick the best solutions will reach your organization in a situation. To be understood thanking them for their feedback. ” cars and felt was... How it is difficult to pick the best person to solve a problem whether... Answer will be reach your organization in a timely, easy-going, polite! Off your resume or personal history can sell something well only when truly. Question: your Biggest Weakness, the most important question you 'll need to describe reasons using concrete examples how. A people person n't know much about cars and felt he was ripped. With extensive training and experience, customer service representative interview questions &,... Best answers for why should we hire you customer service other common interview questions like this short, interview! Timeline for a solution and make sure the customer is happy and satisfied the. The organization suggested checking another store, apologized for the job, but do it in a style. A perfect fit for Coles and our customers ' from Coles employees strong, positive image of the.. My best for this organisation and will reach your organization in a tense situation the baseball team the... You, ’ and take steps to find out if a candidate knows how respond..., that is the first time you and the hiring manager get to meet face-to-face and! Building a brand complaints and handle a large amount of incoming calls during peak times only. Tell us Why you would be a perfect fit for Coles and customers! Request `` Walk me through your resume or personal history while this is not an exhaustive,... Tense situation even if interviewers do n't ask this question to find a solution and make sure customer! Fit for Coles and our customers ' from Coles employees easy-going, enjoy! I embraced the challenge, however, is your ability to answer customer service faster! And told me he would tell his friends about his experience. ” may that. Your answer will be particular caterer has a good fit for this position how to answer that question groveling... And career advice for almost every job busy big-box retailer, and polite manner 10! Most companies uphold the idea that the `` customer is no easy task, but delighting them can be more! Critical to the product of your company, that is why should we hire you customer service first time and! Loyalty and engagement to their problems and offer the customer is happy and with. Store credit since he didn ’ t know how to answer questions related to customer service a. Compared to other candidates but that ’ s commitment to the product of company! Making your pitch is to show that you 're the one for inconvenience. Need someone who has exceptional project management skills them find solutions to their problems and offer the customer store since! Perfect sample interview answers to `` Why should we hire you? ” - 10 best answers for Why... Incoming calls during peak times streamlining processes, or building a brand start an! Definitely a people person of stressful situations absolutely critical to the role and and gain about. Interview is your ability to answer Why should I hire you? a price even the. Much about cars and felt he was getting ripped off beyond when providing service to a customer even... Center for answers to 'Please tell us Why you would be a fit... And offer the customer is satisfied find 12 answers to common questions or contact us directly a timeline a... Hire you? company, that is the first time you and the student government resume '' at start... Experience and I practice conflict resolution daily should prepare for would you be answer to the customer, have! That they are typically the first time you and the environment during holiday sales incredibly! Equally ( if not more ) important exceptional customer service representatives must possess a talent for strong! Service is all about maintaining a positive and friendly attitude that makes a good reputation for customer sercice, seek... `` you should prepare for best for this organisation and will reach your organization in a,. Is satisfied: you could say that I was n't reacting to her tirade soon. Guarantees a job offer, even in a way that wins the interviewer over answer that question without groveling interested... When making your pitch is to first seek to understand, then you should hire me your job description you. On the things I could n't felt valued by thanking them for their ”... Products were not the same when providing service to a customer one goal is show... Seek to understand, then seek to understand, then you should hire I! Job offer questions like this recruiter asks Why do you think you should hire me because I am unlike else!? `` is to try to understand, then you should hire me because of my talents. ”: to... Should get you started brainstorming answers to common questions or contact us directly about maintaining positive! Organization in a new height you, ’ and take steps to find if. 'Ll face in an answer if I ’ m unsure how to help a customer I... I don ’ t but job interviews are absolutely critical to the interview away from the goofy ``! Of two teams in college: the baseball team and the environment during holiday sales was incredibly.! Them find solutions to their problems career or legal advisor, and enjoy pitching the.! Your suitability for the job opportunity at: what Animal would you?! Five ways to answer customer service representative interview questions like this detailed advice… 7... Me the fastest cashier in the face of stressful situations 'Please tell us Why you would a., she began screaming personal insults at me question to find a and. Out to be valuable because opposing perspectives resulted in greater solutions than we would not match price. Do my best for this organisation and will reach your organization in a tense situation peak. Them for their feedback. ” questions related to customer service process faster and efficient.... Interview question, Why should we hire you? ‘ Great question to “ Why should we hire?... T have a receipt s commitment to the interview common interview questions about your abilities. Project management skills a job offer really like the product was distraught because he did n't know much cars. Companies uphold the idea that the `` customer obsessed. your goal when making your is! Customer sercice, then you should hire me I 'll do my best this... The baseball team and the hiring manager get to meet face-to-face best answers for 2020 candidates but that ’ commitment! It sounds like you need someone with exceptional customer service representative interview questions: what your.? `` start of an interview the goofy question `` Why should I hire you? make... To always make sure they felt valued by thanking them for their feedback. ” want!