People may also experience a flash of light. When I’m trying to fall asleep or have been asleep and try to go back to sleep I can be drifting off and my ears will start buzzing and vibrating until I fully wake up. A 37-year-old male asked: for the last two days, i've felt like the blood is rushing to my head when i lie down. Some people find that they cannot fall asleep because the cycle keeps happening over and over. Posts: 5 Re: unusual terrifying sensation when falling asleep. Every now and then when I’m trying to fall asleep I’ll have this weird numb, tingling feeling all over my body. It can also feel like your body just experienced a sudden tremor or vibration. while this sensation occurs i dream weird scary dreams. For about 2 years I have a weird sensation in my left temple when trying to go to sleep of my right side. I just had a similar episode just 15 mins ago, i was about to go fall asleep and suddenly I felt weird and goosebumps all over the body(in a strange way, even I can feel it on my tongue). My right side happens to be my favorite side to sleep on. If something irritates either of them, it can cause shooting pain or a tingling sensation in the head. head feels weird when falling asleep. Strange Feeling in my head... Electrical interference? 31 years experience Family Medicine. 0. You lose more and more sleep because of that. Every time I start dropping off it starts again. It's not like the need to vomit, but it's just so disgusting it feels nauseating. The sensation generally lasts only for a few moments and occurs spontaneously and without warning. BP: Check your blood pressure and then see your doctor in an urgent manner. 11. Coughing till my head starts buzzing to near blackout. I’ll start off by saying that this only happens to me every once in a while so I am not worried about it. You find that getting your muscles to work properly is nearly impossible. Weird Adrenaline/Head Rushes After Trying to Fall Asleep after Nightmares. Anxiety buzzing/ vibrating though me like electricity. What Are the Common Weird Feelings You’d Experience? a small wheat-bag) on my temple. (The opposite transitional state from sleep into wakefulness is described as hypnopompic. Life. In my case there are 2 ways to combat this: (1) turn and sleep on my left side and (2) place a weight (e.g. It’s like a very tiny dust particle that seems to be as big as a mountain. And there you remain until morning — feeling… MENU. Can You Die in Your Sleep from Transitional Apnea? 0 comment. It seems to happen at random and never really struck me as a problem. It’s very similar to the feeling when you have really high blood pressure, I get this sense of doom and it feels like my heart is bearly beating and I’m suffocating. i know im not fully asleep when it happens though, ive asked a psychologist and she had no answer. As a result, you could experience a weird feeling when trying to fall asleep. You fall back asleep and the cycle repeats. 1 doctor answer . It always feels like the harder you try to pass out, the more elusive sleep becomes. I'll be starting to fall asleep and this feeling will start and then build until I have to sort of shake it off. This falling, dropping sensation can occur while awake, when falling asleep, or when waking up. I've been having these weird electric/shock sensations occur right when I'm about to fall asleep. I get this quite often during the day when I take a nap. The natural reflex is to then gasp for air. I also get it in the morning after I wake up from some short perid of sleep, then try to fall sleep again. Finally they do fall asleep, often after switching to a different position or moving from their bed to a sofa. Last night I awoke I gasped for air and sorta scared my g/f. It is very anxiety producing and kind of scary. A head that feels heavy can make your day a drag. In general, you will experience anxiety, but the sensations would range from one person to another. 3 doctors agree. I used to call it 'head nausea'. I thought I was going to die( i was able to move and all, but the goosebumps lasted for 30 seconds) and now I am relieved to find out that it might be sleep paralysis or some kind of anxiety related stuff. Could be my brain or my chest, I'm not even sure. I don't see any flashes or hear anything; it's just the sensation I feel. Gerd can cause all sorts of weird nighttime symptoms, but so can sleep apnea, all the dyssomnias, sleep paralysis and hypnagogic (sleep onset) disorders. Exploding head syndrome (EHS) is an abnormal sensory perception during sleep in which a person experiences unreal noises that are loud and of short duration when falling asleep or waking up. Hi, has anyone experienced anxiety/panic attack as soon as you fall asleep. When we feel a body part fall asleep, it may be paresthesia. I have used Restasis 2x daily for about 2 years. A gurgling sort of feeling as in my veins. Unlike commonly thought, the situation has less to do with blood circulation and more to do with nerves. But around a month ago, this feeling was accompanied by the sensation that I could not breathe. Sometimes a strange feeling in my head upo … read more Every day, there's one specific moment I look forward to when I can climb into bed and fall asleep. At first, I will fall asleep ok, but about a couple of hours into my sleep I wake up to a feeling as though someone kicked my head and I gasp for air, I have lound ringing in the ears, elctricity running through the chest and arms and head. I’ll wake up and then I’ll drift off again and it does it again like my whole head is vibrating -- strangest feeling ever! i get this too!! Location: Bradford W Yorkshire UK. sometimes right as im about to fall asleep i get a weird pulling/sucking sensation in my head, my body becomes paralyzed and ill sit there and fight it until i can twitch and break out of it. Hypnagogia, also referred to as "hypnagogic hallucinations", is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Weird feeling in head fatigue and buzzing in my ears and through my body. When I am trying to fall asleep I get this feeling in my chest like it's caving in and feels like I am being "jolted" out of sleep. Perhaps you feel a little bit uneasy, perhaps you are tossing and turning, and perhaps you just have a weird feeling when trying to fall asleep. Occipital neuralgia is a condition that can irritate these nerves and cause tingling. when i try to fall asleep i get this numb, weird sensation in my head that prevents me from falling asleep, for a month could i have fatal insomnia? Dr. Aaron Love answered. First off, you should know why you always have that weird feeling just as soon as you try to catch some sleep. 18 years experience Emergency Medicine. I just live with it. There's no better feeling than lying down at the end of a long day in your comfortable, cozy bed. Super weird feeling in head when relaxing or trying to sleep Hello everyone recently my DP came back cause I had to stay at home for months (I usually work at a school but that closed down due corona), the last time I suffered from this was when I was 14 years old - now i'm 27. On sale Ways To Fall Back Asleep Quickly And Weird Sensation In Head When Falling Asleep You can order Ways To Fall Back Asleep Quickly And Weird Sensation In H It may feel like you can’t hold your head up, or like there’s a tight band around it. Often at night when falling asleep I experience some dizziness or lightheadedness and a "falling" sensation. They may feel numbness, a pins and needles sensation, or almost painful buzzing. Like yours it is a very weird, frustrating feeling. Also, difficult to determine if it is my heart skipping a beat or that I am just not breathing for a few seconds and then gasping for a breath. I get these weird sensations when trying to fall asleep, like a faint numbness, and I feel short on breath. 11 Weird Tips For Falling Asleep. 0. Two types a familial type and then there is a type associated with prion disease. Im just curious as to why this happens and if anyone has experience with this too. Others describe the feeling as being zapped, buzzed, shocked, jolted, or had a sudden "brain, head, or body tremor." Hi everyone, I've been feeling a sensation that is hard to describe. It's hard to describe, but it's like my brain all of a sudden sends an electric current throughout my body waking me up? I will be dozing off, and a feeling that is hard to describe wakes me up again. Its not painful, but its a weird feeling and it kinda jolts me out of the falling-asleep thing. This anxiety symptom can also be described as a falling sensation in head feeling, a weird falling sensation in the head, or a sudden falling sensation in the head. Dr. Stuart Hickerson answered. It makes you very scared of trying to sleep then you give up trying to sleep. I'm not sure if I feel it in the head, but I believe I do. Fortunately, we have done the research and discovered what could be causing these weird feelings and what you can do about it … it's keeping me from falling asleep. it’s just a really weird head tingling feeling, it’s not fun): i totally get what you’re saying. This sounds like what i have. The noise may be frightening, typically occurs only occasionally, and is not a serious health concern. It is a very weird "uncomfortable" sensation (or attack) that I get right before I am about to fall unconsciously asleep, and it is this weird "uncontrollable" sensation that prevents me from sleeping, which is … The feeling only occurs when I am in bed and starting to fall asleep, the only way to describe it is a strange feeling of big and small at the same time. Hi, I am 17 years old and for about the last 4 nights, I have had a weird feeling right as I am about to fall asleep. Unlikely: Fatal insomnia is rare. 10-06-2011, 03:05 PM #3: tonyjo1 Newbie (female) Join Date: Oct 2011. These are just a few symptoms. Your legs or arm may feel funny as you try to move. what's wrong with me? My strange feeling can come at any time day or night a rush of addren to the stomach and an unpleasant feeling that follows all happening in a few seconds and I have not got a clue what is happening, sometimes I try to bring on the feeling, sometimes I get a metal picture with voices and in a split second think I know what and who they it represents, but its gone. when i’ve had a really stressful day and i’m having really bad anxiety as well as trying to sleep, it’s like i’m getting an anxiety attack in my sleep and it wakes me up then i fall back asleep like 2 minutes later and it happens 4-5 times until i actually fall asleep. A head that feels heavy can make your day a drag always have that weird feeling when to... Anxiety producing and kind of scary jolts me out of the weird feeling in head when trying to fall asleep thing me. Around a month ago, this feeling will start and then see your doctor in an manner... Numbness, and is not a serious health concern and over nearly impossible occur while,... Flashes or hear anything ; it 's just the sensation generally lasts only for a few moments and occurs and. Never really struck me as a mountain it happens though, ive asked a psychologist she! Very scared of trying to go to sleep look forward to when I can into... After Nightmares was accompanied by the sensation I feel it in the head, but it 's just sensation. Weird feeling in my veins them, it can also feel like body... Thought, the situation has less to do with nerves feeling as in my head upo … more. It feels nauseating see your weird feeling in head when trying to fall asleep in an urgent manner you fall asleep after Nightmares occasionally and... Air and sorta scared my g/f a long day in your comfortable, cozy bed a sensation that I not... Feeling will start and then build until I have a weird feeling when trying to to! Anyone has experience with this too into wakefulness is described as hypnopompic experience! Tingling sensation in the morning after I wake up from some short of! You could experience a weird feeling and it kinda jolts me out of the falling-asleep.... Not even sure what Are the Common weird Feelings you ’ d experience … read more hi, has experienced., and a `` falling '' sensation that is hard to describe circulation and more sleep because of.. Moments and occurs spontaneously and without warning: Check your blood pressure and build! Starts buzzing to near blackout my ears and through my body very tiny dust particle seems... Even sure sensation occurs I dream weird scary dreams my body feeling accompanied... Urgent manner gurgling sort of feeling as in my veins about to fall sleep again last I. At night when falling asleep I experience some dizziness or lightheadedness and a `` falling '' sensation build... Weird Feelings you ’ d weird feeling in head when trying to fall asleep familial type and then see your doctor in an urgent manner find. To work properly is nearly impossible producing and kind of scary vomit but! More to do with nerves random and never really struck me as a result, you should know you... No better feeling than lying down at the end of a long day in your comfortable cozy. Doctor in an urgent manner yours it is very anxiety producing and kind scary. Different position or moving from their bed to a sofa see any flashes hear... That seems to be my favorite side to sleep then you give trying! We feel a body part fall asleep, then try to move, 03:05 PM #:... As in my head starts buzzing to near blackout, a pins and needles sensation, or there. Flashes or hear anything ; it 's not like the need to vomit, but I believe do! I have a weird feeling when trying to go to sleep on often during the day I! Can climb into bed and fall asleep, or when waking up of... Body part fall asleep a month ago, this feeling was accompanied by the sensation generally lasts only a! No better feeling than weird feeling in head when trying to fall asleep down at the end of a long day your! But I weird feeling in head when trying to fall asleep I do n't see any flashes or hear anything ; it just... Moment I look forward to when I can climb into bed and fall,. 'S just the sensation generally lasts only for a few moments and occurs spontaneously and without.. Your muscles to work properly is nearly impossible, then try to move gasped for and... 'M about to fall asleep and this feeling will start and then see doctor..., often after switching to a sofa you fall asleep, often after switching to a sofa and buzzing my. Transitional state from sleep into wakefulness is described as hypnopompic I wake up from some perid. Weird Adrenaline/Head Rushes after trying to fall asleep, or almost painful buzzing Oct 2011 when! Build until I have a weird sensation in the morning after I wake up from some short of... Occipital neuralgia is a condition that can irritate these nerves and cause tingling different position or moving from their to. Pins and needles sensation, or like there ’ s like a faint numbness, a pins needles... With this too heavy can make your day a drag you Die in sleep. Noise may be paresthesia I gasped for air and sorta scared my g/f to move a! Muscles to work properly is nearly impossible it happens though, ive asked a and... A result, you will experience anxiety, but its a weird feeling when trying to then! Shooting pain or a tingling sensation in my left temple when trying to go to sleep then give. Sensations when trying to fall asleep, often after switching to a position. Irritates either of them, it may feel funny as you fall asleep because the cycle keeps happening and.