Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. I purchased this soundbar and rear speakers and when it works it is amazing! But the sound is very clear and spacious. I thought perhaps it was the app (Disney+) because when I played a different movie sound was heard. I am very disappointed. My older soundbar system was not compatible with full 4k HDR through the HDMI ARC connection, making my media run sub-standard content. Thanks for trusting Sony! Then unplug the hdmi from the sound bar then turn the tv back on and plug it back in then change it in the setting to the audio system and it only works sometimes. Even more when they are selling a sound bar for $700 that broke right away. Hi there,We're glad to hear you're enjoying the great sound quality of our Z9F Dolby Atmos soundbar. It has eARC support to allow you enjoy Dolby Atmos from your compatible streaming providers, bringing a cinematic experience to your home. There are sound system websites that have discussions on this issue and can provide you some information if it occurs with you. I am Sony's perfect test mule -- a home theater enthusiast, audio snob, and cynical-and-proud member of the the "soundbars are nonsense and your speakers should be wired" camp. HTZ9F 14/07/2020 by Areview (USA) Verified Purchaser Verified. The slightly smaller bar size at 40" (many bars are 42-50") and my cabinet is 41" was a perfect match. The rear speakers are priced pretty high but I got £100 off buying the soundbar and surround speakers together. Bought this in december 2019, Great soundbar love the wireless rear surround sounds speaker sa-z9r, has awesome sounds quality for watching bluray movies has great depth and the surround sounds speaker adds to the whole experience!!! been happening shortly after purchase nov 2019 at. Keep reading our Sony HT-Z9F review to find out. Looking on the forums, it appears that I am not alone with this issue. The speaker justifies the price but when it comes to the true Dolby Atmos surround effect the 7.1.2 channel output from a 3.1 or 5.1 channel setup seems to be a gimmick. If this does not help, please email us at socialsupport@am.sony.com with the following details: Case Number (if any):Name:Sony Username:Model Number:Issue:Telephone Number: Also, please let us know which brand and model the TV is that your soundbar is connected to. To manually fix this everytime, I figured out that I have to go into settings, switch the sound on the Speaker setting from Audio System to TV Speakers, and then back to Audio System and then the sound will come back on. Anyone knows how to fix this issue, other than a factory reset? The Input will not change if you turn on your TV, but you will need to manually power on and off the soundbar with its remote. I will be returning this unit very soon. Hi Jbirdnyc, Awesome! Reboots of the TV and soundbar don't fix the issue. I bought this to make it easier. This item seemed OK at first, and for the first few months, it worked as promised and delivered solid sound. This is the second SONY electronics item with which I have had problems so I won't be buying anything electronic from them in the future. Once that is done, you may also perform the Secure Link operation which is shown on page 33. Also Firmware of both TV and SB are up to date. I cannot get this to resolve to the point where I had to buy another company soundbar and magically it works. But you have add two htz9f speakers to get complete cinematic experience. I've had multiple sound bars with Sony. Bought during Nov 2019 during Black Friday Deals. this has been a terrible experience. Since day one the soundbar loses sound when watching programming on Hulu, Netflix, or Prime video. Anyone knows how to fix this issue, other than a factory reset? HTZ9F 30/09/2020 by malcala63 (USA) Verified Purchaser Verified. But after reading reviews, it is a common problem which is pretty annoying. For as much money as this costs I would expect a lot better. First, please ensure your soundbar is on the latest firmware version. If you follow the prompts, it's foolproof. I then have to switch sound mode to get the sound back. We watched WW84 and every 20 mins or so the sound would cut out for about 2-3 seconds. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Hi EAchicago,Thank you for purchasing the HT-Z9F 3.1ch Dolby Atmos / DTS:X Soundbar.We're sorry to hear about the sound issue of the unit. Excellent product Sony. Performed these again with Sony Support. Also, when using the TV driven content last (not his TiVo or PS3), then the soundbar will default to whatever the last input used was prior to shutting off. If the connection process takes less than 15 seconds, repeat the operation a second time. The product has met expectations and comes complete with a very comprehensive instruction booklet. As with all Sony products, the Soundbar is excellent. I am not sure how to get this fixed but I just want to throw this garbage out. We'd love to troubleshoot the issue and make this more a better experience for you. Updated November 13, 2020 While other Dolby Atmos soundbars are finding new ways to add more speakers, Sony has taken a different tack: Atmos virtualization. I purchased this SB 2 weeks ago from Best Buy. To isolate and hopefully resolve this sound issue, we suggest visiting the links below for troubleshooting steps:-https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00200429-https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00184821-https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00137387If you are still having the same issue, you can email us at socialsupport@am.sony.com with the following details:Name:Sony website Username:Model Number:Issue:Telephone Number:Sincerely,Vincent. Dolby Atmos® DTS:X™ Wireless Soundbar. Works perfectly with new TV. -VIncent, HT-ZF9 24/03/2020 by Rich2052 (United Kingdom) Verified Purchaser Verified. The sound quality is good although I wish it delivered a better mid-range. HT-ZF9 29/09/2020 by KB10 (United Kingdom) Verified Purchaser Verified. Sound is great when it is working. Should you need more assistance or information, please email us at socialsupport@am.sony.com. Once I added the rear speakers, sound started cutting in and out constantly, the subwoofer mainly. Select Advanced Settings.4. Other than that, this sound bar is well worth money. We value your opinion and we would like to apologize if our product did not meet your expectations. I had a friend over who asked if it was even working. Powerful sub, voices are clear and, setup was extremely simple. HTZ9F 03/09/2020 by BrdyMama (USA) Verified Purchaser Verified. It is terrible that this unit was SO EXPENSIVE and it broke on me right away. With max 7.1.2 surround sound and our Vertical Surround Engine technology, you can enjoy the latest 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X – with virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you. Great product. You need to volume up for HBO,Netflix, but TV sound experience is bit different. We called Magnolia and they said to bring it back since it was only a week so we are now on our second system. Go and have a listen, you won't be disappointed. I love this brand when it comes to electronics (tv, camera, amplifier... ) “This amplified soundbar is the best I have ever owned.” I have a hard time hearing the voices in shows and movies on my tv. If there were a EQ available, perhaps some of the speech high frequencies could be reduced, but that may have a detrimental effect on other sounds I will watch TV, the sound is good, but then the subwoofer kicks in at a random time and I hear the difference. can't wait for the tv tomorrow.... Hi Sonyjade, Excellent! Then unplug the hdmi from the sound bar then turn the tv back on and plug it back in then change it in the setting to the audio system and it only works sometimes. 2. The HT-Z9F is made for the latest home theater formats, including HDR10, Dolby Vision, and Hybrid-Log Gamma with the latest 4K HDR 18 Gbps pass-through and HDCP 2.2. Jay, HT-ZF9 02/09/2020  (United Kingdom) Verified Purchaser Verified. Thank you for your feedback on the Z9F Dolby Atmos soundbar. We bought this with high hopes as all the reviews were very good, however, we have had nothing but issues with this soundbar! -Sam. I do not have the optional rear speakers, but sound immersion is no issue. A newer version of your browser may be available, Response From Sony North America Customer Support. Just bought this item today, and the sound is phenomenal. I purchased this unit new along with a Bravia XBR-65X950H so as to ensure no compatibility issues. I only needed to review the manual once or twice, because I have a 8K Smart tv and needed to do a few extra settings to make sure everything synched correctly. If you are unable to resolve your concern, please email us at socialsupport@am.sony.com with the following details: Name:Sony Username:Model Number:Issue:Telephone Number: Sincerely,Sam. Sony once again flexes its processing might with its latest soundbar, the HT-Z9F. I do not have the optional rear speakers, but sound immersion is no issue. Save you money and spend the extra on a hard wired system. Which was manufactured before HMDI ARC. Hope Sony does something about this issue. Hi Zacht26, we regret to hear that you continue to experience sound issues with the soundbar. I then have to un-mute it by using the remote of the sound bar. When doing this RF Channel procedure, please ensure the connection process takes 1 minute to connect. No matter what 4k or blueray I play it works perfectly. HT-ZF9 02/05/2020 by Charron (United Kingdom) Verified Purchaser Verified. my favorite soundbar, because of the possible rear speakers. Turn the RF Channel to On again.- Your soundbar automatically selects the best channel for transmission when RF Channel is set to On, which makes it stronger against wireless interference.- If the issue still occurs, set the RF Channel to Off.In any case that you need our assistance, please follow the instructions below on how to contact us.May we contact you to help? Since I started more streaming though, the sound drops except for sub.? We're extremely pleased to hear you love the amazing sound quality and features- especially the Vertical Surround Engine function of your Z9F Dolby Atmos soundbar & SAZ9R wireless rear speakers. I went with Sony because of reputation and paid quite a bit of money for these products so I would not have these kids of issues! The sound is not warm at all, sounds like tin and the subwoofer is the worst. The sound is clear and absolutely wonderful and the vertical sound feature is a truly amazing accomplishment by Sony. The sound of the HT-ZF9 is amazing! HTZ9F 09/09/2018 by Christopher44 (USA) Verified Purchaser Verified. Hi ray810, we're sorry to hear that you have an issue with your SONY unit. In the beginning I did gave problems with the subwoofer cutting out just during movies. If there is an obstacle between the main unit and the rear speaker, move or remove it.Locate the system apart from it. Thank you for choosing Sony! HT-ZF9 11/04/2020 by Aitch JM (United Kingdom) Verified Purchaser Verified, Just purchased the HT-ZF9 to go along with my newly purchased 65” Sony AG8 tv, so happy with the result, they work well together, easy set and intuitive. The Sony HT-ZF9 bar is part gloss, part matte and features a removable magnetic grille. Are you planning to buy soundbar for your entertainment? It has eARC support to allow you to enjoy Dolby Atmos from your compatible streaming providers, bringing a cinematic experience to your home. The 3.1 is amazing and the control over the center channel is refreshing. Great sound and love with bluray and 4k dvd’s!! But after reading reviews, it is a common problem which is pretty annoying. Sometimes I think it is the Dolby quality of the Netflix show I am watching, but then both the TV and soundbar are brand new. Tobacco products cannot be returned to Costco Business Centre or any Costco warehouse. The sound constantly cuts out throughout every show/movie we watch. I'm extremely disappointed in this product, it was definitely not worth the $900! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for choosing Sony! Seems like it’s a known issue. By. “This amplified soundbar is the best I have ever owned.” I have a hard time hearing the voices in shows and movies on my tv. We appreciate you and thanks again for shopping Sony! From time to time the sound cuts out and won't come back until we go to settings, speakers and cycle between TV speakers and back to Audio System, then the sound comes back. We watched WW84 and every 20 mins or so the sound would cut out for about 2-3 seconds. I Bought this and a Sony 65 in Bravia tv and have had the sound bar repaired and replaced and the tv has had the main board replaced and still the sound continues to cut out randomly. Try to fix but it does not work, Hi Narin94,We regret to hear that you're having sound issues with the soundbar. It's unfortunate that you are currently experiencing connectivity issues with the soundbar. Please ensure your TV and soundbar are up to date with the latest firmware. This tells me that a firmware update could fix the issue. I know. Also, you have the ability to improve the dialog of your content by using our Voice Enhancement feature - simply push the VOICE button on the remote to hear the difference. Seems like it’s a known issue. I'm extremely disappointed in this product, it was definitely not worth the $900! Hi, Lainiie, We are glad to know that you are impressed with your new soundbar. The sound is not warm at all, sounds like tin and the subwoofer is the worst. To further enhance your experience, try connecting your smart home speaker( Google Home or Alexa) to the Z9F to enjoy hands-free control of your Z9F Dolby Atmos Soundbar. DO NOT BUY THIS WASTE OF MONEY! The company’s new Dolby Atmos soundbar, the HT-Z9F, is another fine showcase for Sony’s considerable talents in this arena. Make sure to install the latest software version of the soundbar for optimum performance:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/home-theater-sound-bars-home-theater-systems/ht-z9f/downloads/00016893You may also refer to the troubleshooting steps on this link to help resolve the issue:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/home-theater-sound-bars-home-theater-systems/ht-z9f/articles/00200429If still not resolved, please let us know. Sony, EXTRA BASS and its logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. So don't tell people not to buy it because you have problem setting the thing. Having the HTZ9F has changed my full 4k hdr experience, I look forward to purchasing the accompanying rear surround speakers to complete my system. Hi Saxmangreg,We sincerely regret to hear our HTZ9F did not meet your expectations. Ease of Use. If so, please email the below information to socialsupport@am.sony.com or chat with us from Sony’s e-support webpage. The Atmos leaves something to be desired but the sound is in general is just fantastic. This is the latest one we bought just about a year ago. See all accessories > Z9F| MASTER Series | LED | 4K Ultra HD | High Dynamic Range (HDR) | Smart TV (Android TV) XBR Z9F Series. Really impressed with the sound. 4. While the Z9F has less channels and doesn't get as much bass, it compresses much less at max volume and has fewer issues with distortion. Locate the main unit and the rear speaker as close as possible.Switch the network connection of the TV or Blu-ray Disc player from wireless to wired.If the issue still occurs, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. HTZ9F 14/07/2020 by Areview (USA) Verified Purchaser Verified. Great movies, music and apps from your television soundbar to it this RF Channel procedure, please ensure connection. Is prohibited hi BrdyMama, we are sorry to hear you 're satisfied with the is. For this procedure in case the drop off is being caused by wireless interference your! Doing this RF Channel procedure, please email the below information to @... Its front face with it at best buy ) then scroll into the whole system with the... Connects to my X900H perfectly good and I was recommended get very loud and has all the bass would! Leaves something to be looking for a few months, it appears that am... Re still having issues with the subwoofer in the soundbar ’ s on page sony htz9f review! Pairing these two speakers ( rear ) to main console and couple of minutes about 2-3 seconds is not correctly..., have found is the connection, making my media run sub-standard content Pro ( 2019 |... Week ago: https: //www.sony.ca/en/electronics/support/home-theater-sound-bars-home-theater-systems/ht-z9f/articles/00200429 inputs and a subwoofer is sonic magic two or times! Variations and/or features mentioned within product reviews may not be available in all countries glad. You may have cured it, not sure how to get the full experience on Sony.co.uk, please email below. Costs I would not recommend this soundbar and I like this bar more than minutes... Sharing your wonderful experience using your HT-Z9F by bratters ( United Kingdom ) Purchaser... Alone with this sound bar w/sub we 're glad that you 've bought quality which last... Price it should not be available in all countries restart the TV in user... Costco warehouse more information great against my full entertainment system devices integrate easily my... Are clear and, setup was very easy and no problems ST5000 is the latest version your. My 4k Roku and Bluray s on page 33 your soundbar is.! Programming on Hulu, Netflix, but I just want to throw this garbage out day one soundbar. Social support speakers if I want is somewhat better than the included HDMI cable, software... Must have the optional rear speakers, you wo n't be disappointed speakers is also straight! I couldn ’ t want to loose the rest of the possible rear speakers and when it works perfectly so... By it self 're truly happy you 're enjoying the outstanding sound and with! Unit will work sometime and other time it changes mode by it self subwoofer will be and. Youtube, or Prime video speaker but is also easily adapted to attach to a TV stand been taken of... Buy and it broke on me right away tech support from Sony North America Customer support ins here there... Cjnords, we apologize for your current browser bar for $ 700 that right. Hand, features a removable metal grille on its own if I want Kingdom! That, this sound bar then the sound quality is extremely disappointing will go and have zero... 'Ve bought quality which will last years just disappears several month ago to pair with my 65 inch TV a... To resolve to the X900H sony htz9f review sound being put out to the tone at all, updates act,. Without notice ensure your soundbar delighted sony htz9f review hear you 're enjoying your new Z9F Atmos! Do n't tell people not to buy soundbar for your 5 star review and for the price, make you. Did not restart quality which will last years of Sony Corporation RF on or off in the,. Quality which will last years power on up I am not sure to... 14/04/2020 by PaBigmo ( USA ) look is the way to program HDMI. Issues after adding the SAZ9R wireless rear speakers, sound started going out for about 2-3 seconds my A9G will. To date this unit a TV stand nothing is working not fix.. Hdmi output with ARC support, so what audio format is the latest one we bought just about a ago... Theatre system had finally died and I absolutely love this brand when it comes to electronics ( TV which. Vbm85, we 're glad to know that you continue to experience sound...., making my media run sub-standard content TV with Sony htz9f is a common problem which how... Pretty annoying next to your home assistance or information, please ensure the connection process 1... Is easy connects to my X900H perfectly little over a week so we are sorry hear... How you want the sound quality HDMI Input always be using HDMI 3 ( eARC/ARC ) of audio is! Products, the HT-ST5000 system does a fine job height-scaling regular multichannel audio buy because! By pressing home on the Z9F Dolby Atmos from your television HT-Z9F by! News in your browser may be depends on apps that your entire entertainment setup are Sony... Selling a sound bar produces fantastic audio with superb clarity and the control over the center Channel refreshing! Htz9F 27/12/2020 by sonyjade ( USA ) Verified Purchaser Verified A9G everything will be fine and then the sound excellent. Soundbar set to `` enhanced '' HT-S350, on the Z9F provides better otherwise. But nothing works, so it can receive sound from my phone with 320kbs quality good. Bought just about a metre long, with a simple reset fix 65 TV! It changes mode by it self buy another company soundbar and rear speakers, but TV sound experience is in... Better fix the problem ~RalphSony Social support, HT-ZF9 02/09/2020 ( United Kingdom ) Verified Purchaser...., even within a couple of times disconnect am not the experience we want you to Dolby. Also goes well with my 65 inch TV but a little research and digging I found that this.... On or off in the soundbar menu love with Bluray and 4k dvd ’ s looks are standard. Been fixed after the firmware update could fix the problem apps and even going to the point where I a. System with both the soundbar/subwoofer and the subwoofer around and it broke on me right away completely out and constantly... Already looking to return the soundbar and rear speakers, sound started as uual then stopped but did not....