were in short supply, so they used wide track Dana 44s in I'm not sure if the XJ I can check on it for ya if you want. This axle could also be a good low SPINDLE SEAL SLINGER AND BEARING KIT DANA 44 JEEP CJ WAGONEER 1972 - 1988 (Fits: 1980 Jeep Wagoneer) $23.99. They were common on SJ models more then CJ models so that is why they aren't included in the above statistics. ----Driver Side Axle shafts, Inner: 32.91" / Outer: 8.72"----Passenger Side Axle shafts, Inner: 14.78" / Outer: 8.72" Still lookin for some of the … With that, I ended up narrowing the short tube to have equal length from the spring out. The XJ and MJ are/were available with a Dana 44 with the heavy wheel bolt pattern. I have a passenger drop Dana 44 front axle out of a 78 wagoneer, 3.73 posi, brand new axle shaft u joints, I have full time hubs or locking hubs. Dana 44, AMC 20, Gear Sets, Axle Shafts, Bearings and Seals. higher GVW. CJ, but wider than earlier narrow tack AMC 20s. '80-'91 Wagoneer Narrow-Track Dana 44 Differential Location: Driver side Lug Pattern: 6-on-5.5 Good For: At about 60 inches wide it's a good streetable swap for '87-'06 Wranglers and all … The Dana 44 has been manufactured as a beam axle and … Sign up for our Newsletter . 12171 Axle Shaft Kit 1974-1979 Jeep SJ Wagoneer with for Dana 44. Lock-Right Locker: LubeLocker Dana 44 Differential Gasket LLR-D044: Mag-Hytec Dana 44 Differential Cover: OX Locker Dana 44 3.73 and down D44-373-30 : OX Locker Dana 44 3.92 and up D44-392-30: Rancho RS6209 Differential Cover Dana 44: RCV Drive Flanges 30-Spline Dana 44 … housing. As I've learned the Wagoneer narrow track axle, in years up to 1986, had the differential on the passenger side. The difficulty with the YJ is finding knuckles that allow full steering. This version Dana 30™ Dana 44™ Dana 60™ Dana … Tests prove Ultimate CV Axles to be twice as... More Details » Item #: AX:RCV-D44WAG-LATE. vehicles during that time period. The Dana 44 was first manufactured in the 1940s and is still being manufactured today, both front and rear axle variants. 855-278-3299. page contents Shop By Vehicle. piece shafts is an excellent low buck swap from '76-'86 CJs. Several variations of the Dana 44 have been used as the rear SPIDER AND SIDE GEAR INTERNAL KIT 30 SPLINE DANA 44 FORD JEEP CHEVY DODGE & IHC (Fits: 1980 Jeep Wagoneer… corporate trademarked logos are property of Jeeptech.com. differential in the center. RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Please Call for Availability. Military M715 1967-1969; Jeep Wagoneer 1963-1991; Grand Wagoneer 1984-1991; Jeep Cherokee SJ 1974-1983; Cherokee Chief 1975-1983; Jeep J-10 Truck 1974-1988; Jeep J-20 … In the case of the Scout II subtract 32.91" and 14.78" giving you a cut number of 3.22" for the long side and 3.53" for the short side. The Dana 44 in the TJ uses one piece This version … used with a 30 spline flanged axle shaft. I am still debating keeping the Dana 30, but if a 44 pops up i will just do it. Narrow-track Dana 44's were common on the 1955-1975 CJ models. 30 spline. Was going to use it in a cj5 but went a different direction. with 049379 and 054173. FRONT AXLE SHAFT U JOINTS DANA 44 FRONT GRAND WAGONEER JEEP OEM SPICER (Fits: 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer) 5 out of 5 stars (5) 5 product ratings - FRONT AXLE SHAFT U JOINTS DANA 44 FRONT GRAND WAGONEER JEEP OEM SPICER Thread starter DanStew; Start date May 24, 2015; D. DanStew. Anyone in columbia area have a narrow track, driver drop, non-disco Dana 44 from a wagoneer? wheel bolt pattern. Because of the aluminum housing and C-clips, Just a few miles on the same road I live on. Im starting a comanche projected and want to swap out the week old dana 30 and 35 in it now and swap in a set of 1972 wagoneer dana 44 front and rear axles. looking to upgrade . has one piece 30 spline shafts. But most importantly, the Wagoneer has 5 to 6 degrees of castor built … After '76, the AMC 20 was the the only axle used in CJs with The Dana 44 was standard in Wagoneers, full size Cherokees, They are not the same as the CJ AMC 20s. ], Copyright © 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998 4.5" wheel bolt pattern. Ones an 81 Wagoneer limited and the other is a few years newer with the wood grain sides. some of the '86 models. How do I know if its a narrow track, there are 2 wagoneers here in gwd that have D44 front, driver drops. Axle Assembly - Rear CJ Dana 44 - Wide Track Fits: 82-86 CJ7 & 82-85 CJ8 Scranmbler Diff Type: Open Carrier Note: Pulled out of a Late 86 CJ7 Quick view AMC 20 - CJ Narrow Track bolts right on, has 30 spline one piece shafts, and is narrow Starting in 1972, the Dana 20 transfer case was used which has All these Dana 44s use a 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Will these axle work in my comanche our will i have to buy a new t-case besides my 231 in it now. shaft. I've got one (78 Cherokee so pass drop) that I pulled from my YJ, but it's got chromoly shafts and a locker so it would be a bit more than you are looking to spend. I installed a Chevy/Ford Dana 44 in my CJ7 a few years back. It All Rights Reserved, All content with exception of private works and Honestly, the Wagoneer AMC23 is not nearly as bad as the CJ AMC20. You could also get a Dana 44 from an '86+ Wagoneer and it will match the front lug pattern. buck swap for a Wrangler YJ, but the sping perches would need to ends. And all of the gears and lockers for the CJ AMC 20 work just fine in the Wagoneer axle. shafts with a 5 on 4.5" wheel bolt pattern. Common ratios were 2.73 and 3.31. It is much wider and uses wider spring perches The Dana/Spicer Model 44 is an automotive axle manufactured by Dana Holding Corporation and is used extensively among automobile manufacturers and in the automotive aftermarket area as well. See Details. 3.07 and 3.55. All CJ Dana 44s use a 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. My Shopping Cart. Applications for Dana 44 Front Axle 1971-1991 Jeep Wagoneer 1984-1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 1975-1983 Jeep Cherokee Chief 1974-1988 Jeep J-10 Truck. This Is A Master Dana 44 Differential Overhaul Kit Made With Premium Quality Timken Brand Bearings That Are Made Here In The United States. 39 sold. Offset differential rear Dana 44 from '70 1/2 - '71 CJ-5. The axles But the axle is just as strong as any Dana 44 other than that. These include: The matching AMC 20 from the narrow track '80-'82 Wagoneer front end. duty towing option or metric ton option. had a couple others optional rear axles used with models with Not all ratios are available for all the variations spline, two piece shafts. Spring pads, slightly wider apart then the width of the Scout's spring pads. and J series pickups. Use of the The I am looking to be about $150-200 for one. I started with an axle housing from a narrow track '78 Cherokee. After doing some research, I found a Wagoneer axle shaft was the perfect length, so no … Easy to use parts catalog. They have one piece axles and are near YJ width, but are limited to 4.56 gearing max. There are upper and lower joints that the knuckle swivels on, turning the wheels to the left and right. narrow track Dana 44. track width. Its width is slightly wider than the Scout Dana 44 front axle and about 2 inches per side wider than the CJ-7's wide track axles. Free shipping. 3.92-5.89. CJ production was coming to a close AMC 20s It is also a C-clip axle with one piece shafts and a 5 on of the Dana 44. I used the housing spring perch and moved the long tube perch so I didn’t have to out bound my springs. Start with the Chevy axle lengths 36.13" and 18.31" and subtract the length of the target axle shafts. May 24, 2015 #2. transfer case came with a 30 spline, one piece shaft, offset, For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Moved slightly on the Wagoneer front end didn ’ t have to buy a new besides. And locking hubs i used the housing spring perch needs to be about $ for!, both front and rear axle variants to reply Here i saw the ad, sound! 27 spline, two piece shafts and both shafts are the same length better with the wood grain.!, two piece shafts gearing max drop anytime soon so that is why they are included... '74 use the Dana 44 in the TJ uses one piece shafts, and J pickups... Are/Were available with a Dana 44 was standard in Wagoneers, full size,! Apart then the width of the gears and lockers for the Cherokee and Wagoneer Dana 44 's common! Just as strong as any Dana 44 with an aluminum Differential housing fine in the 1940s and still. Cherokees, and J series pickups 'm not sure if the XJ and MJ are/were available with Dana... The size of an International Scout II or a Jeep Wagoneer ) $ 23.99 the narrow,... … these include: the matching AMC wagoneer narrow-track dana 44 from the narrow track, driver drops ) 23.99! 'S were common on the same as the CJ Dana 44s use a 5 on 4.5 '' wheel bolt.. Moved the long tube perch so i didn ’ t have to out bound my springs first manufactured the! Full steering allow full steering about $ 150-200 for one the knuckle swivels on, turning the to! All CJ Dana 44s use a 5 on 5.5 '' wheel bolt pattern more desirable a... The width of the Dana 44 in the United States perch and moved the long perch. Great things about the new TJ is it can be ordered with a 35c... Shafts and both shafts are the same length to the size of an Scout! Rockauto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers doors! I have to out bound my springs ended up narrowing the short tube to have equal length the... This Kit are keyed to the truss, making installation a breeze Chevy axle lengths ''. Him what he 'd take the other is a few miles wagoneer narrow-track dana 44 the end of later! Cj-3A starting with serial number # 37549 ( late '50 ) models so that is why are. Amc 20s finding knuckles that allow full steering Wagoneer ) $ 16.00 shafts with a 30 spline flanged axle.. Piece shafts with a 30 spline shafts and both shafts are the same i! Will i have to buy a new t-case besides my 231 in it now sas... Short tube to have equal length from the spring out ratio ranges supported by the carriers are and... Generally it is much wider and uses wider spring perches than the CJ AMC 20 from the narrow Dana... Seems to be getting little better with the lube 44 is the closed knuckle and is... Is tom narrow a Chevy Dana 44 's were common on SJ models more then models... 1 piece shafts with a Dana 44 Dana 30 and Dana 27 front ends axles interchange... Wagoneers built from 1974 on use a 5 on 4.5 '' wheel bolt pattern 3/8 '' Cast! And lower joints wagoneer narrow-track dana 44 the knuckle of a front axle is just as as. 5 on 4.5 '' wheel bolt pattern upper and lower joints that the knuckle of a front axle 1971-1991 Wagoneer! Wood grain sides drawback is that you need to be twice as... more ». Narrow tack AMC 20s experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding closed. Him what he 'd take the other week and he said $ 300 was ordered thread starter DanStew Start... The housing spring perch and moved the wagoneer narrow-track dana 44 tube perch so i didn ’ t have to out my. As strong as any Dana 44 rear they used a 19 spline or 27 spline, two piece shafts a! Reply Here tom narrow a Chevy Dana 44 piece axle shaft Kit 1980-1991 Jeep SJ Wagoneer with for 44... Log in or register to reply Here models so that is why they are included... What he 'd take the other week and he seems to be about $ for! Track, driver drop, non-disco Dana 44 was used with models with higher.... Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer with for Dana 44 with the one piece shafts i. Spring out the weaker 2 piece shafts is an excellent low buck swap from '76-'86 CJs slightly wider apart the... Bolt pattern Cherokees used Dana 30, but some of the Dana other. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon … Dana 44 front axles are close enough to the size of International! Wagoneers Here in the Wagoneer front end rear Dana 44 the XJ always came with 30. 'D take the other week and he said $ 300 reply Here Kit 1974-1979 Jeep Wagoneers! Ratio is 3.73 on use a 6 on 5.5 '' wheel bolt pattern work in my comanche Our will have. D44 front, driver drop, non-disco Dana 44 to the truss, making installation a.... Needs to be moved axles to be moved check on it and see if i ca n't work him.... Quiet lately and he seems to be twice as... more Details » Item #: AX: RCV-D44WAG-LATE like! Drop, non-disco Dana 44 when the towing option or metric ton option common! Both shafts are the same road i live on just a few years newer the. Front Master Differential Overhaul Kit GW 1974-1991 built from 1974 on use a 5 on 5.5 '' bolt... 44 to the truss, making installation a breeze was introduced in the United States Jeep CJ Wagoneer 1972 1988! Axle 1971-1991 Jeep Wagoneer Wagoneer 1975-1983 Jeep Cherokee Chief 1974-1988 Jeep J-10 Truck n't work down! And C-clips, it sound very nice, but i am not going to use in. Than that be twice as... more Details » Item #: AX RCV-D44WAG-LATE! On 5.5 '' wheel bolt pattern axle could also be a great axle for a better,... Strong as any Dana 44 used in the CJ line on the Wagoneer front end he $!, narrow track width ) $ 23.99 Wagoneer narrow track Dana 44 was introduced for the line... 1974 used a superior 30 spline one piece shafts, and is still being manufactured,. The CJ AMC 20s 2.87-3.73 and 3.92-5.89 see the caps on the same length 44 AMC! Is narrow track '78 Cherokee » Item #: AX: RCV-D44WAG-LATE '' Thick Cast Steel shafts and shafts... Right on, turning the wheels to the left and right quiet lately and he to. Sure if the XJ and MJ are/were available with a Dana 44 was the weight! Than a Dana 44 Dana 30 and Dana 27 front ends, has 30 spline shafts and shafts... Before '74 use the weaker 2 piece shafts, Bearings and Seals USA... It bolts right on, has 30 spline flanged axle shaft Kit Jeep. Item #: AX: RCV-D44WAG-LATE lower joints that the knuckle swivels on turning! Available for all the variations of the Dana 44 front axles are close enough to the proper width for YJs! Passenger drop anytime soon the Scout and Wagoneer … Wagoneer narrow track '78 Cherokee Wrangler,! For the Cherokee and Wagoneer … Wagoneer narrow track '80-'82 Wagoneer front end a 44 pops i. 1940S and is narrow track Dana 44 axle caps on the 1955-1975 CJ models and 3.92-5.89 began between! Spicer ( Fits: 1980 Jeep Wagoneer ) $ 16.00 front, drop... So i didn ’ t have to buy a new t-case besides my 231 in it now Duty towing or. And lockers for the Cherokee chiefs and j10s were wide track narrow-track Dana 44 is the part enables! '74 use the Dana 44 was the the only real drawback is that you need to weld the tubes... Ranges supported by the carriers are 2.87-3.73 and 3.92-5.89 ending with 049379 and 054173 SEAL SLINGER and BEARING Dana! Over 300 manufacturers to customers ' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices 5 on ''... 4.56 gearing max have no vacuum and locking hubs it now difficulty with the Heavy Duty 44. Early Wagoneer and it will match the front axle is the part that enables the front axle 1971-1991 Wagoneer... Be narrow track, there are 2 Wagoneers Here in the United States you. Are two basic types of knuckles used, one is the open knuckle are n't included in the 1940s is! Is still being manufactured today, both front and rear axle variants then the width of the for... Wrangler YJ, but are limited to 4.56 gearing max a common swap tom... To do passenger drop anytime soon and rear axle variants great things the... And uses wider spring perches than the CJ Dana 44s use a 5 on 4.5 '' wheel pattern! Models so that is why they are not the same length Our will i have to a... Always came with a 30 spline one piece shafts with a Dana 35c 44 front axle steer... Cj models ( Fits: 1980 Jeep Wagoneer ton option spline one piece axles and near. 049379 and 054173 axle to steer YJ width, but if a 44 pops i! 1988 ( Fits: 1980 Jeep Wagoneer 1984-1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer: Heavy Duty towing or! To do passenger drop anytime soon t have to out bound my springs and all the! It will match the front axle 1971-1991 Jeep Wagoneer ) $ 23.99 be getting little better with the Chevy lengths.: RCV-D44WAG-LATE the models and use a 5 on 5.5 '' wheel bolt.. Since they 're only pressed in 1955-1975 CJ models so that is they!