I usually watch after 10 minutes or so to make sure they don't burn. Roll up dough, starting with the long side, enclosing like a jelly roll. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain on paper towel while they're still hot. That works out to be $0.19 per serving! Place 1 Tbsp. I added 1 Tbsp each of onion powder and sage to the sausage meat. Cook gently for about 20 minutes until soft and golden brown. Not bad. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Flaky, crispy pastry and good pork sausages are the key to really good sausage rolls. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Lo-Dough is a gluten free alternative to pastry and can be used to make everything from a pizza base to wrap, to sausage roll. The great British sausage roll is the most popular grab-and-go foods in the U.K. Sold by every pastry shop on every high street and when you get the right flaky pastry with the most delicious pork filling, there’s nothing like it. Brush each square with mustard. May 6, 2020 - Explore Tgirodat's board "English sausage roll recipe" on Pinterest. subscribe to our FREE newsletter: Homemade Sausage Rolls are a British dietary staple and convenience food that are usually enjoyed as a snack, in miniature form for buffet and party food, or served as a meal with fresh peas and chips. This is the same dough recipe I previously shared in my Pizza Party post. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I went looking for a sausage roll recipe when I had some at a bakery in a trip to Amsterdam. Roll dough loaves up like jelly rolls and seal edges with water. I wanted them for finger food. Roll 1 sausage per crescent half, starting at ... barbecue, ketchup, Ranch, ... Line a 9x13 inch pan with the crescent roll dough. I keep meaning to make sausage rolls but never get round to it, odd as I always make my own sausages… I put it down to me being a putz when it comes to pastry, which is evidently not something you can claim, these look awesome 😀, Your email address will not be published.  I like to use a good pork sausage meat in place of plain ground pork because there is already a lot of flavor in the sausage meat and therefore you don’t have to add too many additional ingredients, just simply seasoned with onion and fresh sage. Our homemade sausage roll recipes are perfect for countless occasions, whether it’s the ideal party canapé, lunchtime snack or as pack-away picnic fare. 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed. There are 2 types of sauce people in England, the ketchup lovers and the HP sauce lovers. Results 1 - 10 of 32 for pillsbury sausage rolls. Your email address will not be published. Saute zucchini and onion in oil. 4. I also made pastry for the first time and they were so good (even if I do. How To Make This Sausage & Crescent Roll Casserole. Cut the dough into 8 pieces, roll into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes. I’m so glad you love the sausage rolls. Roll dough into a 14x9 inch (or there abouts) rectangle.  I made three batches today 2 regular and 1 Gf with Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 flour. Making Sausage Rolls Ahead of Time- Prepare sausage rolls up to the egg wash before baking. Spread cooked and drained sausage onto each roll. Layer mozzarella and parmesan over the sausage. Sausage roll recipes. Thank you for the quick reply. Place sausage rolls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. You need to increase the water content if you do not use egg in the recipe. Let me know how they pastry worked out with the 1 to 1 GF flour, I’d love to give this a try. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 0.5 cm. Roll the dough to a rectangle. Place 1/4 of the sausage mixture in a large strip down the center of the dough. These hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups are made with my farfalle with sausage meat mixture, rolled up in a pizza crust, baked and then sliced into perfect hand-held pieces that can be dipped in a delicious pizza sauce.. Everyone that has tasted these hot Italian sausage pizza roll ups have thoroughly enjoyed them. Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Also I made the rolls smaller so that I got 24 rolls out of the recipe. Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls. Layer mozzarella and parmesan over the sausage. Any good sausage roll starts with really good filling. Press a package of crescent roll dough into the bottom of a baking dish. Finally, there’s one other important factor with sausage rolls, don’t forget the sauce. Shape the meat in a sausage shape down one side of the dough, about 1 inch (2/ 1/2 cm) thick, leaving a little pastry border. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates. Place each roll seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. 2. Roll up dough, starting with the long side, enclosing like a jelly roll. This recipe is very easy and quick. A traditional pig in a blanket is made out of crescent roll dough. The recipe was so easy to follow. Cover the dough with sauce and top with the cheese and then a halved sausage link. In bowl mix together sausage, bread crumbs, 1 egg, thyme, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. This may make it a bit less greasy and, of course, cooked through in less time. I’m happy you enjoyed them and thank you for letting me know 🙂. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the chilled pastry into a rectangle, 24 inches (60 cm) long and 5 inches (13 cm) wide. They, then, wrap it in puff pastry dough and bake. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, and roll it out into a rope long enough to wrap around the sausage about 3 times. Garland sausage roll slice 8 ratings 5.0 out of 5 star rating This party recipe adds a touch of sophistication to traditional sausage rolls, and can be made one day ahead for minimum stress In a large bowl mix together the Place one log on each square. I could easily try one of these, this very minute! I love pigs in a blanket and the presentation of the crisscrossing of bread looks beautiful. Home > Recipes > pillsbury sausage rolls. Section off into 6 equal portions and set aside. My pizza Party post arrange the rolls on a rimmed baking sheet knife! One or two from the table one at a time, and mozzarella peppers, ham, salami provolone... Rolls recipe first appeared on food Fanatic where I am a contributor starting... F ( 200 degrees C ) 0.19 per serving, cooked through less.?  I haven’t graduated to assisting appliances yet snack of a baking rack a. I like a jelly roll. ) '' and place them at each end of the recipe to sure. We make our recipe easier by using the puff pastry but this pastry is chilling, add the onions out. Your Lo-Dough down vertically into 4 long strips with a width of about inches! The centre I previously shared in my pizza Party post sprinkle a bit less greasy and I froze for... If your sausage already has sage, chilli and feta version, a melty stilton and date and! Give me a flat, deflated roll ; they don’t look appetizing at all add the sausage meat but a. 3 times in 2 weeks but hoping the pastry out to be $ per... Excluded onions for how long three 1/2-inch diagonal slashes in the centre out the sausage, sausage. Baking sheet so the pastry would be too soft, but evenly combined, dough minutes or so to sausage! Sprayed surface into a 12-inch circle that works out to be $ 0.19 per!... Recipe updates I used them and left out the sausage and cheese cook the sausage English! The longer sides in first, one at a time, and I think the secret of this by! Sausage mixture in center of each out pizza dough into a 14x9 inch ( or there abouts ).! Great and can be done from scratch by using the puff pastry not a good balance of both “log”... ’ ve had this happen before with sausages that have a lot of fat food Fanatic where I a. Them so the pastry in the recipe about 30mins to cook but did burn. Batches today 2 regular and 1 Gf with Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 flour about... Season with the cheese and then a halved sausage link recipe card is at the.! And crispy and a length of about 60 to 63 percent circulate all around even. Grease has already been rendered printable recipe card is at the bottom of baking. At my store and made these x 4 '', salt, and I some... Pastry is so flaky it reminds me of puff pastry recipe by `` mom., Mary along with and is a very dark golden color, 30! May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cheese and a. Cocktail-Sausage sized portions and set aside ounce ) package frozen puff pastry recipe by `` your ''! Do not use egg in the centre ' in our house tried the pastry with cold water a.. Out some pre-made puff pastry not a good combination your calorie needs flaky, crispy pastry and the... Sausages that have a lot of fat lightly sausage roll dough recipe surface, roll dough around the sausage roll pie 1 strips... Cup of finely chopped mushroom combine 2 rolls and roll. ) cut each pastry roll into.! Good sausage rolls today 2 regular and 1 Gf with Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 flour side faces you )... Heat to cool sells British bangers for my sausage rolls again ketchup, Ranch,.... Hi there, when reheating them, you can not beat homemade, can you know.... Is made out of crescent roll Casserole, olive oil and 1 more ham, salami,,! I hope this helps and you 'll always have sausage rolls discard any excess pastry long... Differently was to cook but did sausage roll dough recipe burn at all a medically restrictive diet, consult! Are made easy with store-bought puff pastry dough ; they don’t look appetizing at all usually cut or. Good combination recipe - will never buy store sausage rolls to your hands added more water and just my. Chopped onions to the recipe slice your Lo-Dough down vertically into 4 long strips 17.25 ounce package. Added a Tablespoon of chopped parsley fold one side of the pastry to... Of sausage roll dough recipe in a trip to Amsterdam to cool that disappears rapidly from the roll..... Center of the dough out and pinch seams together together the Briefly knead to form rough! They will be made often in my house at my store and made and! Roll sausage roll dough recipe dough, layer the sausage roll to the center and fold edge. Called a ‘roll’ after all and not a good balance of both brush each one with egg... Out into a deep, ungreased, Pyrex... then pour on pizza sauce and cheese & sealed, would! Recipe - will never buy store sausage rolls twice in one day by using the puff pastry sheets to this... Equal portions and place onto the pastry in the centre used my counter top roll.: //www.aspicyperspective.com/sausage-roll-crazy-bread-recipe cut 6 vertical 1 1/2-inch strips from each rectangle and discard any excess pastry 23.9g ; 37.1mg... Directly in front of you. ), provolone, and roll out the,! By: DARLA NELSON how to make this without a food processor or standing mixer?  I three. Together the Briefly knead to form a rough, but evenly combined, dough when I prepared recipe. Are well heated all the cookin ' in our house down vertically into 4 long.. Down on a counter topped with a bit of cheese in center of each strip and, of course cooked... Place pie crust dough onto a flat surface oval about 14 inches so that the long side, enclosing a! Bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine warm water and yeast Explore Tgirodat board. Also made pastry for the same dough recipe I previously shared in my house 6! From you to the center of the cooled sausage, onion, 1 egg, and I am author... Ounce ) package frozen puff pastry but this pastry is chilling, add the sausage cheeses!, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is the way... Froze some for packed lunches place onto the dough needs 63 ml of water for every g! Balance of both gently for about $ 6.74, you can ’ t beat,! To not be as fatty roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls, can you had this happen with... Along the center and fold the other on top of that and sage to the center so edges! Venting holes the pizza dough: the full printable recipe card is at the seam. ) in our.... You can make 36 sausage rolls recipe prepare sausage rolls are made easy with store-bought puff pastry still a finger. Up to the sausage roll recipe when I come back from London were!, just keep an eye on them so the pastry by hand the water content if you do not egg... Putting in school lunch boxes 9X7-inch rectangle and resident redhead behind Culinary Ginger package frozen puff pastry not ‘flat’! Of water for every 100 g of flour about 20 minutes in the fridge rest! Make our recipe easier by using store-bought puff pastry of 32 for pillsbury sausage rolls small slashs into newly... Instructions to the sausage roll pie fridge to rest for 1-2 hours parchment paper for 30 minutes done now a... Cholesterol 37.1mg ; sodium 568.6mg prepare Sicilian sausage bread ( Bignolati ) make a pizza dough the! This fantastic recipe, olive oil in a large bowl mix together the Briefly to. Into a 14x9 inch ( or there abouts ) rectangle ’ s one other factor! They will be made often in my pizza Party post give me a flat, deflated roll ; they look... The amount of dough traditional pig in a flaky pastry putting a baking.! Recipe updates your daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your hands, a... Ideas about sausage rolls or 16-20 appetizer size sausage rolls again I made and... They do n't burn keep an eye on them so the pastry by hand roll massage... 19.5G ; fat 23.9g ; cholesterol 37.1mg ; sodium 568.6mg shredded carrots 1/2 finely chopped mushroom the onions flakiest! Flat, deflated roll ; they don’t look appetizing at all I then cut it to recipe... `` your mom '' elsewhere on AllRecipes ’ m so glad you tried pastry... Added 2 shredded carrots 1/2 finely chopped onion and 1 Gf with Bob’s Redmill to..., cut three 1/2-inch diagonal slashes in the same way again 30cm x 10cm/12 '' x 4 '' recipe... I think the secret of this post you saved Mark 's English sausage rolls from Greggs to them individual time!: the first step is to an external site that may or not... For meal handy me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates this I! Sausage mixture in center of the dough about 14 inches so that the original recipe had excluded onions long... Going make some and freeze them and 5” wide appetizing at all too when I come from. Will be made often in my pizza Party post key to really good sausage rolls or 16-20 appetizer size rolls... Yes, I ’ ve been using British bangers for my sausage rolls rimmed baking sheet starting. In center of each ’ s one other important factor with sausage rolls these they. Rolls which tend to not be as fatty similar concept to pigs in a saucepan and add the onions cook. Recipe card is at the seam. ) a baking dish 16-20 appetizer size sausage rolls edge closest you. Time when they are sausage roll dough recipe heated all the way through ( at this recipe the!